It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

We're barely even winded.

Today yet another awesome publisher, Paradox Interactive, becomes part of the most gamer-friendly DRM-free catalog around. We're kicking off the partnership with a weeklong 50% discount on four of the titles:

Europa Universalis
Hearts of Iron
Crusader Kings Complete -50%
Majesty Gold HD -50%
Majesty 2 Collection -50%
Victoria Complete -50%

If you've always wanted to give the genre a try, Europa Universalis is probably the best starting point, but we know grand strategy can be daunting. That's why you can also drop by our <span class="bold">Twitch.tv/gogcom</span> channel, where we'll be streaming the game live with Quill18, this Tuesday, February 17th, 7pm GMT / 2pm EST / 11am PST.
It's a fine way to get acquainted.

If you're a fan of complex strategy playgrounds, you can look forward to a trickle of more grand strategy classics from paragons of the genre, Paradox Interactive, coming to the coolest DRM-free game store near you!
Post edited February 17, 2015 by Konrad
Any chance of Mac versions? (at least Victoria, Crusader Kings and Majesty have Mac versions)
bought these 2

CRUSADER KINGS COMPLETE € 8.89 € 4.49
MAJESTY GOLD HD € 8.89 € 4.49

others seem like 3d

and one of the games looks very complicated with thousand of maps and clickpoints
FINALLY. I can't wait to dedicate myself to breeding nobles and get dumped by my coach.
Good one! Now lets focus on the remaining BIG 5! :p

- Microsoft
- Take Two
- Bethesda Zenimax
- SEGA
- Blizzard (the classics maybe)
Great great great!

Especially Majesty Gold and Crusader Kings, I always wanted to see those here. Just, wow. I don't have the time for these games right now but those are most definitely going to be purchases when the right time arises, no question.
My wishlist explodeth.
GabiMoro: Tallima did a very nice description here: http://www.gog.com/forum/general/paradox_interactive_now_on_gogcom_844c8/post50 +1 to him!

I might add that I also constructed a building which gave me a Healing spell. I spend a lot of gold keeping my heroes alive with that spell.
IronArcturus: Interesting! I've never heard of a game like this before. Does it run in a window by any chance?
Sorry, I don't remember.
Paradox? Never heard of it.

Anyway, a new publisher is always a good thing.
Wow ! Didn't see that one coming ! Thank you GOG !
Wow! This must be the year that every one of my favourites comes to GOG!

For people who are uncertain what to get:

Crusader Kings and Victoria are great games, very different from their recent sequels. Get them!
Europa Universalis and Hearts of Iron were directly improved by their sequels. Wait for EU2 and HoI2!
Majesty - not really sure, heard it's all right ;)

Now for GOG's benefit:

DO NOT INCLUDE ASIAN CHAPTERS!!
Now where is that thread asking what will GOG do when it hits 1000 games? And people laughed and said it will happen next year.

If GOG continue to sign new publishers like this we'll reach 1000 games in no time, perhaps at the end of March 2015? :)
Spinorial: For people who are uncertain what to get:

Crusader Kings and Victoria are great games, very different from their recent sequels. Get them!
Europa Universalis and Hearts of Iron were directly improved by their sequels. Wait for EU2 and HoI2!
Majesty - not really sure, heard it's all right ;)
Wow, thanks, you summarized well the advices I was needing to make a choice ! Thanks a lot ! :D
Post edited February 17, 2015 by Splatsch
Since HoI2 (at least the steam-version) has serious troubles running under Windows 8(.1) I wonder if GoG can do a better job. I would buy HoI2 complete (with Armageddon and Doomsday Expansion) and Darkest Hour again if it only runs smoothly under modern Operating Systems.
Nice. GOG's really on a roll right now. Unfortunately, with such a great start to the year I'm not expecting GOG to be able to keep up that momentum. Still, it's very much appreciated.

I never tried any of Paradox's grand strategy games, but it may be time to finally test the waters. I'm thinking of picking up both Crusader Kings and Europa Universalis as their themes are the most appealing to me.

Majesty Gold is already a guaranteed sale, even though I've never played that one either. GOG sure has had the knack of getting me back into fun RTS gaming: Stronghold, Dungeon Keeper, Star Wars Galactic Battlegrounds, (the sadly removed) Original War, and now this. Good times.

Here's to hoping that Sword of the Stars eventually pops up. :)

pacciulli: Paradox? Never heard of it.
*revokes pacciulli's PC gamer card* =P
Great news!
I hope to see also newer Paradox games in the future. :)
high rated
mistermumbles: I'm not expecting GOG to be able to keep up that momentum.
Well, we aren't finished :D