It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

We're barely even winded.

Today yet another awesome publisher, Paradox Interactive, becomes part of the most gamer-friendly DRM-free catalog around. We're kicking off the partnership with a weeklong 50% discount on four of the titles:

Europa Universalis
Hearts of Iron
Crusader Kings Complete -50%
Majesty Gold HD -50%
Majesty 2 Collection -50%
Victoria Complete -50%

If you've always wanted to give the genre a try, Europa Universalis is probably the best starting point, but we know grand strategy can be daunting. That's why you can also drop by our <span class="bold">Twitch.tv/gogcom</span> channel, where we'll be streaming the game live with Quill18, this Tuesday, February 17th, 7pm GMT / 2pm EST / 11am PST.
It's a fine way to get acquainted.

If you're a fan of complex strategy playgrounds, you can look forward to a trickle of more grand strategy classics from paragons of the genre, Paradox Interactive, coming to the coolest DRM-free game store near you!
Post edited February 17, 2015 by Konrad
tokisto: Really interesting titles here, another GOG amazing strike for bringing them. I´m strongly temped by EU and HoI. But I will wait for the sequels, which are vastly superior (hmmm, almost grabbing EU I though... I must resist, my wallet is too damaged already...)

PS.: I will look at Majesty further (love RTS and all) but the fantasy setting put me off... let´s do some "study" with reviews and see
So, if you know them, would you advice Victoria and/or Crusader Kings ?
Post edited February 17, 2015 by Splatsch
IronArcturus: How is the Majesty series? Is it an RTS?
It's an RTS with a twist in that you don't control the Characters.

Great game, it's already 5 Star rated here on GOG :

http://www.gog.com/game/majesty_gold_hd

Haven't played the HD version, or the Expansion, so I'll be getting this if I can't wrangle a trade for it :)
OMG! Welcome Paradox!

I love Crusaders Kings 2 and EU IV, would you advise me to get Crusaders Kings Complete or Europa Universalis?
As far as I know, the two games I already have nailed and improved the old ones.
What about Victoria?
tokisto: Really interesting titles here, another GOG amazing strike for bringing them. I´m strongly temped by EU and HoI. But I will wait for the sequels, which are vastly superior (hmmm, almost grabbing EU I though... I must resist, my wallet is too damaged already...)

PS.: I will look at Majesty further (love RTS and all) but the fantasy setting put me off... let´s do some "study" with reviews and see
Splatsch: So, would you advice Victoria and/or Crusader Kings ?
Well, I never played Victoria (neither the sequel) so I can´t say a thing about it. CK is a solid title and I reccomend it, though I didn´t like it because of the heritage and family power disputes; plus the 'crusader' aspect never caught me (it particulary not satisfied me, but the other gameplay aspects are well done and I understand that many people enjoy it; it´s for subjective matters about families and religion that made me drop it). So if you are up to the dysnaties and catholic widespreading, go ahead!
Post edited February 17, 2015 by tokisto
It is great to see a new publisher here. The number of games is really increasing very fast towards the 1000. Now a question:

Do I understand it correctly, that except Majesty, all other games released today have better sequels (more features, better gameplay etc.)?
Sadly, my wallet can't get any more empty, so my wishlist just got bigger.
Splatsch: So, would you advice Victoria and/or Crusader Kings ?
tokisto: Well, I never played Victoria (neither the sequel) so I can´t say a thing about it. CK is a solid title and I reccomend it, though I didn´t like because the heritage and family power disputes plus the 'crusader' aspect never caught me (it particulary not satisfied me, but the other gameplay aspects are well done and I understand that many people enjoy it). So if you are up to the dysnaties and religion widespreading, go ahead!
Ok, thanks for your opinion ! It will helps me in my choice :)
Matruchus: You are correct that there is no digital premiere here. All of the games listed as such are being sold digitally on gamersgate for years but regardless of that its nice to see them here drm-free.
They were DRM-free on GG (given the installer dance) until Paradox went Steam-only. I'll be very excited when some of the newer stuff shows up here...I already have CK2 and a lot of the DLC from before the Steam conversion, but that I'd rebuy, and a lot of the stuff that was always Steam-only has me very interested.
I never thought this day would come. As a Paradox game fan, I'm just speechless. Disney, Warner Bros, now Paradox. I'm wondering if the cats at GOG happen to work for the mafia or something. This is just staggering, to say the least.
Always nice to see more and more companies and games show up on here! :)
entux: any chances we get the linux versions too?
I was thinking the same. But considering they are Windows-only also on Steam, I doubt Linux (or Mac) versions exist, and porting those games likely isn't worth it. The games should run under wine though.
My wallet just cried, but so did I.

Thank you GOG, thank you.
IronArcturus: How is the Majesty series? Is it an RTS?
Tallima did a very nice description here: http://www.gog.com/forum/general/paradox_interactive_now_on_gogcom_844c8/post50 +1 to him!

I might add that I also constructed a building which gave me a Healing spell. I spend a lot of gold keeping my heroes alive with that spell.
GabiMoro: Tallima did a very nice description here: http://www.gog.com/forum/general/paradox_interactive_now_on_gogcom_844c8/post50 +1 to him!

I might add that I also constructed a building which gave me a Healing spell. I spend a lot of gold keeping my heroes alive with that spell.
Interesting! I've never heard of a game like this before. Does it run in a window by any chance?
Fantastic news. Finally they are coming. I will definitely buy some of EU 2, 3, HoI 3, Victoria 3, once they are here.