It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

We're barely even winded.

Today yet another awesome publisher, Paradox Interactive, becomes part of the most gamer-friendly DRM-free catalog around. We're kicking off the partnership with a weeklong 50% discount on four of the titles:

Europa Universalis
Hearts of Iron
Crusader Kings Complete -50%
Majesty Gold HD -50%
Majesty 2 Collection -50%
Victoria Complete -50%

If you've always wanted to give the genre a try, Europa Universalis is probably the best starting point, but we know grand strategy can be daunting. That's why you can also drop by our <span class="bold">Twitch.tv/gogcom</span> channel, where we'll be streaming the game live with Quill18, this Tuesday, February 17th, 7pm GMT / 2pm EST / 11am PST.
It's a fine way to get acquainted.

If you're a fan of complex strategy playgrounds, you can look forward to a trickle of more grand strategy classics from paragons of the genre, Paradox Interactive, coming to the coolest DRM-free game store near you!
Post edited February 17, 2015 by Konrad
So many releases these days! Amazingly done
cw8: Like a lifelong wish come true. I can finally stop pestering Judas for Paradox.
BranjoHello: Let's hope that with Galaxy EU4 and CK2 will become a reality also. ;)
Yea, that means I will continue to pester him until HOI3, CK2 and EUIV makes it here.
Great to have another publisher on board. I like TBS, but hardly know these games. Will look into them once I'm home. Might do an instabuy or 2.
Wow, I don't think I've ever played any of these games before. Are they all historical?
HertogJan: Great to have another publisher on board. I like TBS, but hardly know these games. Will look into them once I'm home. Might do an instabuy or 2.
Their grand strategy games aren't TBS. You run the games at very slow to very fast speeds and can pause at anytime.
BranjoHello: Let's hope that with Galaxy EU4 and CK2 will become a reality also. ;)
cw8: Yea, that means I will continue to pester him until HOI3, CK2 and EUIV makes it here.
Pestering me, to use your words, will do you no good :P

I am in no way responsible for any Paradox games appearing here :P
cw8: Yea, that means I will continue to pester him until HOI3, CK2 and EUIV makes it here.
JudasIscariot: Pestering me, to use your words, will do you no good :P

Are you sure we couldn't scrounge up 30 silver and change your mind ;-)
JudasIscariot: Pestering me, to use your words, will do you no good :P

Aren't you the magical faerie that makes stuff appear on GOG?
How is the Majesty series? Is it an RTS?
I must say I was not expecting Paradox Interactive to come to GOG.
Don't get me wrong, they are the masters of grand strategy but they always seemed reluctant about using anything other than Steam.
It feels good to be proven wrong.
It's no Droidworks, but it is pretty darn awesome! Really excited for these releases. Especially Majesty Gold!
Really interesting titles here, another GOG amazing strike for bringing them. I´m strongly temped by EU and HoI. But I will wait for the sequels, which are vastly superior (hmmm, almost grabbing EU I though... I must resist, my wallet is too damaged already...)

PS.: I will look at Majesty further (love RTS and all) but the fantasy setting put me off... let´s do some "study" with reviews and see
Post edited February 17, 2015 by tokisto
Now this is a cruel joke. I just bought Majesty HD and Majesty 2 during the last seven days on Steam. :(

Seriously, why wasn't this on the "Upcoming" page? That would have made me wait until the GOG release happened. There is no point in checking that section if it can't be relied upon.

/complaint.

I will buy the various Paradox titles later - I already spent my gaming budget this month. Looking forward to seeing Sword of the Stars Complete, Europa Universalis IV, and the many other nice games in Paradox's library.
Finally. Unfortunately I already own pretty much everything from paradox own catalog up to point they went Steam only (and went completely nuts with the DLC's) and I doubt we'll see those here anytime soon if ever. :-/ Still lot of great games for strategy game fans especially anyone who haven't played them to death yet.
Post edited February 17, 2015 by Petrell
IronArcturus: How is the Majesty series? Is it an RTS?
tinyE: Good point. XD
Allow me to elaborate. When I think RTS I think AoE or Starcraft. When I think strategy I think Hearts of Iron or anything Sid Meyer. See the difference?
Tallima: It's different than anything you've played. You build things like Starcraft, but you don't control your units. You give them the best chance to do their job and you reward them for it.

For instance, you can build a guild to recruit a fighter. You can then set a 1000 gold bounty on a giant evil medusa that is plaguing the area to the south. That fighter decides he wants the money, so he travels to the south and get utterly destroyed.

So then you build an item shop and a weapon shop and research some good tools for the knight. You put 1200 coin bounty to explore an area with weak monsters. This time, you build 3 knights. Your knights will think "I like 1200 coins more!" They'll go out and kill a few low-levels on their way to the 1200 coin area. They'll get some XP and some money, then go back to the item shop and spend their money on a Ring of Defense, a Longsword +1, a Plate Armor +1 and some healing potions.

Then they'll go off to fight the medusa, but you think "They might still lose!" So you build an inn half way there. The knights fight, one dies, two flee into your inn and rest up. They're out of healing potions, so you research healing potions at the inn and set a 2000 gold bounty to explore an area to the east. They're happy to do that, collect some money, and then upgrade their equipment, get more potions, and then tackle that medusa again. This time, they are victorious!

That's how the game plays. It's one of my favorites. You don't control anybody. You just build buildings, research, and set bounties for exploration or for heads.

Edit: As an added bonus, this will work on your notoriously poor machine. :)
Sounds interesting. I may get it myself.