It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

We're barely even winded.

Today yet another awesome publisher, Paradox Interactive, becomes part of the most gamer-friendly DRM-free catalog around. We're kicking off the partnership with a weeklong 50% discount on four of the titles:

Europa Universalis
Hearts of Iron
Crusader Kings Complete -50%
Majesty Gold HD -50%
Majesty 2 Collection -50%
Victoria Complete -50%

If you've always wanted to give the genre a try, Europa Universalis is probably the best starting point, but we know grand strategy can be daunting. That's why you can also drop by our <span class="bold">Twitch.tv/gogcom</span> channel, where we'll be streaming the game live with Quill18, this Tuesday, February 17th, 7pm GMT / 2pm EST / 11am PST.
It's a fine way to get acquainted.

If you're a fan of complex strategy playgrounds, you can look forward to a trickle of more grand strategy classics from paragons of the genre, Paradox Interactive, coming to the coolest DRM-free game store near you!
Post edited February 17, 2015 by Konrad
I own some of the games already on Steam as I had no high hopes they would ever come to GOG, but this is awesome news and I'll be buying them here as well to support Paradox releasing more of their titles for distribution on GOG. Great job, GOG team + Paradox! This is shaping up to be a grand year for GOG.com and I'm certainly looking forward to more releases from the new partners and hoping for more exciting publisher deals.
rtcvb32: Most of these games look very risk-like...
Sure. Risk from hell on steroids with a 200 pages manual and a family-sized bottle of aspirin ^^
For anyone interested - Majesty, the first one, is one of the best games ever made, and you must buy it . Now .
Licurg: For anyone interested - Majesty, the first one, is one of the best games ever made, and you must buy it . Now .
You said that about Sacrifice before!!! :D

And congratulations, GOG, for another publisher on board, now why did I thought this one was on board already?
Aren´t these the ones who published Mount&Blade?
Licurg: For anyone interested - Majesty, the first one, is one of the best games ever made, and you must buy it . Now .
Tarhiel: You said that about Sacrifice before!!! :D
It applies to both ...
Good stuff keeps on happening here so congrats gog!
And also a big welcome to Paradox!
Thanks to both!
Tarhiel: You said that about Sacrifice before!!! :D

And congratulations, GOG, for another publisher on board, now why did I thought this one was on board already?
Aren´t these the ones who published Mount&Blade?
On Steam Paradox is Mount & Blade's publisher, but here on GOG it's TaleWorlds as both dev and publisher. Paradox came on board with Pillars of Eternity (Obsidian developed) and I was wondering if that meant we'd get more Paradox games in the future ;)
Some awesome games here, although admittedly one that I don't have the necessary time to invest in nowadays.

I do have to wonder why the sudden influx of publishers to GOG - I've been getting the sense that the Steam bubble is bursting and publishers are looking for alternative sources of income.
Very good releases ! Congrats GOG !
Now is the time to think about which one (or may be two, it's Paradox!) to buy between Victoria, Crusader Kings and HoI (but this last one is expensive). I played years ago Europa Universalis 2, and maybe I'll better wait for the sequel. Any advices between my 3 selected ? (keeping in mind that I'm not the best at this kind of games, but that I love them anyway ;)) And did I miss something in not buying Europa Universalis ?
And are Heart of Iron and Crusader kings really complicated/hard to get into ? (I'm interested especially in HoI, I heard a lot of good from it, but Victoria is very attractive too )
Post edited February 17, 2015 by Splatsch
It's been a good few weeks here on GOG. Nice going guys!
A continued "nice work, guys!" from me. Thanks, GOG.
Hell yeah! Another one!!!

And Europa Universalis was always a game I was curious about. And now it's here. Very good.
Zoidberg: Interesting... although I couldn't get my had around EU4 and CK2... my brain must be too small... :P

But Paradox on GOG is kewl!
For CK2, start small.

I selected a small independent county in northern Ireland (a.k.a. "tutorial island") in 1066. I had a widower count (but still in age of finding a wife and getting a few more kids), a brother who ploted to kill my son (but otherwise loyal, and he was the only competent spymaster I had), an old castle with 2 vassals (one city and one abbey), a few neighbors to play with, arrange matrimonial alliance, plot against, and a country completely fractured, with the possibilities to create duchies and kingdom as medium-term goals. All this on an Island without any big player, and far enough from everyone else to avoid unwanted attention from foreign enemies (especially with Britain locked in a 100 years civil war between Saxon and Normand lords after William's conquest).
And I had no idea what to do, apart from "let's roleplay my feudal redneck lord, take things as they happen, try stuff, and see what happens"

300 years and 13 generations later, the dynasty ruled over a unified Ireland and Scotland, had cousins on the thrones of France and England, hundreds of parents everywhere from Spain to Armenia, and was one of the hidden powers in Europe, although they had a tradition of internal backstabbing. Good times :)
Nice to see a new publisher in GOG's catalogue, sadly the majority of their games are turn-based (I prefer RTSs)
gandalfnho: Nice to see a new publisher in GOG's catalogue, sadly the majority of their games are turn-based (I prefer RTSs)
Actually Paradox games are RTS games mostly but they fit into Grand Strategy games genre.

Victoria, Hearts of Iron, Crusader Kings -> all these games are RTS.
Post edited February 17, 2015 by Matruchus