It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

We're barely even winded.

Today yet another awesome publisher, Paradox Interactive, becomes part of the most gamer-friendly DRM-free catalog around. We're kicking off the partnership with a weeklong 50% discount on four of the titles:

Europa Universalis
Hearts of Iron
Crusader Kings Complete -50%
Majesty Gold HD -50%
Majesty 2 Collection -50%
Victoria Complete -50%

If you've always wanted to give the genre a try, Europa Universalis is probably the best starting point, but we know grand strategy can be daunting. That's why you can also drop by our <span class="bold">Twitch.tv/gogcom</span> channel, where we'll be streaming the game live with Quill18, this Tuesday, February 17th, 7pm GMT / 2pm EST / 11am PST.
It's a fine way to get acquainted.

If you're a fan of complex strategy playgrounds, you can look forward to a trickle of more grand strategy classics from paragons of the genre, Paradox Interactive, coming to the coolest DRM-free game store near you!
Post edited February 17, 2015 by Konrad
Getting these games wouldn't have anything to do with ''Pillars of Eternity' ^^

I'll check out the games, when I get my next giro cheque.

well done.
The strategy genre is not my cup of tea, but it's always great to see new publishers around here. Welcome aboard, Paradox!
mistermumbles: I'm not expecting GOG to be able to keep up that momentum.
JudasIscariot: Well, we aren't finished :D
I quote the first words on this post:

"We're barely even winded. "

;)

Can't wait to see what's next!
Post edited February 18, 2015 by JinseiNGC224
Paradox games are superb. Nice acquisition for GOG.com, and a smart move by Paradox.
Oh, dear!
I'm in heaven and my wallet is in hell...
And what's up with you GOG? Do you read minds? I was about to torrent down CK1... Guess I'll have to abort and buy it from you!
Warlock: Master of the Arcane deserves to be here. That's my favourite Paradox game.
Excellent news! You're really picking up … momentum GoG. I've always appreciated that this is a curated store, but the slow trickle of games was making me a bit blue. 2015 is off to a great start.
Majesty HD! Awesome. You've just eliminated one reason I was hanging on to Steam. :-)
EndlessWaves: And as others have mentioned, they then went and said to all of their gamersgate customers that they wouldn't get access to future DLCs or even updates unless they installed a storefront unconnected with the game, paradox or gamersgate to their computers.
According to their support, the rationale for that move was that the game simply didn't sell enough on GG to justify the cost of supporting it there. Still not a great move, nonetheless.

Hopefully there will be enough sales on GOG to challenge their stance on steam-only releases for more recent games.
Best news I've read in awhile, on any website. Thank you gog and PI for signing this deal. Anyone who knows me on here probably realizes how excited I am.
mistermumbles: I'm not expecting GOG to be able to keep up that momentum.
JudasIscariot: Well, we aren't finished :D
I would just like thank you and the rest of the GOG team for all the hard work you've done. You've gotten Disney, Warner Bros, and Paradox all here within several months and that, as far as I and many others in the GOG community are concerned, a massive achievement. When you say GOG is all that is good in gaming, I don't think that is just some marketing trick, I think that is actually a objectively provable fact. I hope you continue doing what you're doing, and I also hope to see more unexpected, yet fantastic releases in the future. ( especially one involving a certain yellow fish ;) )
Thank you GOG for bringing in 3 major publishers. Hope to see more DRM-free games being released and made available on GOG.
One step closer to global DRM-free gaming

Still need - Nintendo, Sony, Microsoft, Sega, Rockstar, EA, Activision

Get all them on board and it would truly cement DRM-free, we cannot stand idly by and watch our games get destroyed by DLC, microtransactions and shady business tactics

Vote DRM-free today!!! (Come on Rockstar.....GTA series on here...please)
CelestialBunny: One step closer to global DRM-free gaming

Get all them on board and it would truly cement DRM-free, we cannot stand idly by and watch our games get destroyed by DLC, microtransactions and shady business tactics

We do already have EA ( and Ubisoft ) games here, but I think it's been a while since they released anything on GOG.

And Nintendo and Sony ( and Microsoft? ) are probably unrealistic, at least for now. Sega, Capcom or Konami would be nice, though. About time we get some major Japanese publisher on board. Or what about Namco/Bandai -- aren't they even the international publisher for The Witcher 2 & 3?
darkangelz: Please, no more, have mercy on my poor wallet..
JudasIscariot: I am sorry, what?
nice meme
CelestialBunny: One step closer to global DRM-free gaming

CharlesGrey: We do already have EA ( and Ubisoft ) games here, but I think it's been a while since they released anything on GOG.

And Nintendo and Sony ( and Microsoft? ) are probably unrealistic, at least for now. Sega, Capcom or Konami would be nice, though. About time we get some major Japanese publisher on board. Or what about Namco/Bandai -- aren't they even the international publisher for The Witcher 2 & 3?
I would say zenimax and microsoft are the most important publishers to get here considering just how many pc games they own.
Post edited February 18, 2015 by Gengar78