It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

We're barely even winded.

Today yet another awesome publisher, Paradox Interactive, becomes part of the most gamer-friendly DRM-free catalog around. We're kicking off the partnership with a weeklong 50% discount on four of the titles:

Europa Universalis
Hearts of Iron
Crusader Kings Complete -50%
Majesty Gold HD -50%
Majesty 2 Collection -50%
Victoria Complete -50%

If you've always wanted to give the genre a try, Europa Universalis is probably the best starting point, but we know grand strategy can be daunting. That's why you can also drop by our <span class="bold">Twitch.tv/gogcom</span> channel, where we'll be streaming the game live with Quill18, this Tuesday, February 17th, 7pm GMT / 2pm EST / 11am PST.
It's a fine way to get acquainted.

If you're a fan of complex strategy playgrounds, you can look forward to a trickle of more grand strategy classics from paragons of the genre, Paradox Interactive, coming to the coolest DRM-free game store near you!
Post edited February 17, 2015 by Konrad
Bloody hell. I can't believe that it was only a few short months ago I was saying that GOG seems to have stalled. Now we seem to be enjoying a Golden Age of GOG. Congratulations, guys and gals! That hard work is really paying off now.

As for Paradox, fantastic publisher. Never did understand why they weren't here sooner as they've expressed anti-DRM sentiments in the past too. But whatever the delay was, I'm glad they're here now.
entux: any chances we get the linux versions too?
Gede: It seems that only their latter games support Linux. :-(
I may wait a bit to see if they'll show up.

I'm glad that Paradox decided to test the waters at GOG lake. I hope they'll find them pleasant. I can now strike another publisher from my wishlist.
Now, if only The Creative Assembly would follow...
Majesy Gold has a perfectly working linux port from LGP right here.
Weird thing that Desura has some linux exclusive titles from LGP, Runesoft and others.
Awesome! The DLCs for CK2 and EU4 are basically the only things that I grab on Steam anymore (they're as close to DRM free as it gets on there), so I hope to see them on here soon!
GOG. Like, dude... wassup?

Have you guys been super busy, blackmailing... I mean, doing "business negotiations" with the owners of these companies? :O
Great News!

As a strategy gamer I always wanted to try out some of these games and was honestly wondering if I should pirate them for a DRM-free version. No Need anymore, thanks to you GOG!
Ok, I succumbed to the temptation now. Got CK 1, EU 1, VIC 1 + Majesty 1. HOI and Majesty 2 will go on sales list cause they are too expensive for me at the moment. Hoping that HoI 2 Complete Edition, VIC 2 (+addon), For the Glory, Arsenal of Democracy and Darkest Hour arrive soon to gog. Magicka and Neocore games like Van Helsing or King Arthur the Wargame would be cool to see here too.
Post edited February 18, 2015 by Matruchus
WOW! You're on a roll GOG. A really good roll.
vicklemos: Majesy Gold has a perfectly working linux port from LGP right here.
Weird thing that Desura has some linux exclusive titles from LGP, Runesoft and others.
I guess that's because Desura does allow standalone Linux versions to be sold, unlike GOG/Steam.
vicklemos: Majesy Gold has a perfectly working linux port from LGP right here.
Grargar: I guess that's because Desura does allow standalone Linux versions to be sold, unlike GOG/Steam.
Majesty Gold linux version comes together with LPGs drm for linux so its pointless to release that here.
Post edited February 17, 2015 by Matruchus
No wonder I see that now hiring post on the front page if this is the pace you guys are setting for yourselves! Thanks Paradox and GOG for bringing us more fun games!
Grargar: I guess that's because Desura does allow standalone Linux versions to be sold, unlike GOG/Steam.
Matruchus: Majesty Gold linux version comes together with LPGs drm for linux so its pointless to release that here.
I got it. Weird thing but hey, at least the game's there.
LGP is down for several years, that's gotta be bad.
And to think few weeks ago I was considering creating a topic "How long since last new classic game". Then came Interplay, Warner Bros and now Paradox, with one of my favourite "Where has my free time go? I swear I've been playing 15 minutes tops, why is it dawning already?!" games.

Sooo, when's HoI2 and EU2 coming? I get that anything newer is fat chance due to bazillion add-ons (well, maybe EU: Rome can come) but those two should be here with the rest.

Anyway, people, buy and play Victoria, it's AMAZING. I mean, all of those games are good (well, dunno about Majesty 2, didn't play it yet) but Victoria is my absolute favourite Paradox game.

Oh and there are few gaming experiences that can match leading a country throughout ages in CK->EU2->Victoria->HoI2. But for that we need EU2 and HoI2 here...
Post edited February 18, 2015 by Garret02
Hope this means we can look forward to more publishers signing on with GOG.com in the near future! I'd really like to see Take 2 so that I can finally play Oni again.
Yay! Paradox on GOG!
Yay! Paradox on GOG!
Post edited February 18, 2015 by Dawnreader
DukeNukemForever: As far as I remember the main game was still drm-free, but not the expansions (something like that). With the masses of DLCs it makes also no sense to bring it here as long as there are new DLCs in the pipe. But I really hope someday we will see the complete edition here.
Nirth: I don't care about the DLCs. I rather they get the main game at least, better than nothing at all, and they can leave the DLCs until they make some kind of DLC edition that has them all.
Crusader Kings II was a game Paradox really lost the plot on. Without the DLCs half the map is locked and there are lots of confusing references to DLC only features like Retinues.

And as others have mentioned, they then went and said to all of their gamersgate customers that they wouldn't get access to future DLCs or even updates unless they installed a storefront unconnected with the game, paradox or gamersgate to their computers.

That's the point I gave up on Paradox despite being a big fan of their games. Maybe this marks a return to the old Paradox attitude of giving the user the best experience, but it could equally well be a chance to dump games already available DRM free into another store to catch a few sales. I'll reserve judgement until they release some of their newer titles.
Post edited February 18, 2015 by EndlessWaves