It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

kohlrak: Pink elephant in the room.
SirPrimalform: So I see. Again: wat?
There was a huge argument about who's fault it was that devs weren't getting games and/or updates to gog, or if it was gog itself. It was finally clarified that it was indeed gog in this particular case. When doing so, I made a reference to the "pink elephant" idiom, which refers to something that is painfully obvious, since pink elephants don't exist, and they'd take up all the space in a room, making them stand out horribly. It's also similar to the emperor's new clothes, since everyone's aware, but it goes without mentioning. The difference is, with the emperor's new clothes, you praise someone for mentioning the thing, but with the pink elephant, it's more like going to a gym in the summer without the air-conditioner working and then saying "damn, dude, why is it so hot in here" or when you're eating at a restaurant, and some kid upchucks, and you respond with "that kid upchucked."

That said, not all pink elephant references are derogatory to the person they're being made to (my case, for example). I more or less was saying "i told you so."
SirPrimalform: So I see. Again: wat?
kohlrak: There was a huge argument about who's fault it was that devs weren't getting games and/or updates to gog, or if it was gog itself. It was finally clarified that it was indeed gog in this particular case. When doing so, I made a reference to the "pink elephant" idiom, which refers to something that is painfully obvious, since pink elephants don't exist, and they'd take up all the space in a room, making them stand out horribly. It's also similar to the emperor's new clothes, since everyone's aware, but it goes without mentioning. The difference is, with the emperor's new clothes, you praise someone for mentioning the thing, but with the pink elephant, it's more like going to a gym in the summer without the air-conditioner working and then saying "damn, dude, why is it so hot in here" or when you're eating at a restaurant, and some kid upchucks, and you respond with "that kid upchucked."

That said, not all pink elephant references are derogatory to the person they're being made to (my case, for example). I more or less was saying "i told you so."
I understand the pink elephant idiom, I was having trouble relating it to my statement. When I said "So it was GOG!" I was referring to the news we received a while back that the game was coming to 'another DRM-free store'. There was a lot of speculation as to whether this might be itch.io, GOG changing their minds or another store entirely.
I was having trouble relating it as I didn't know you'd misunderstood me to mean "So it was GOG('s fault)!".

See the post right above "So it was GOG!" for context.
Post edited February 02, 2018 by SirPrimalform
kohlrak: There was a huge argument about who's fault it was that devs weren't getting games and/or updates to gog, or if it was gog itself. It was finally clarified that it was indeed gog in this particular case. When doing so, I made a reference to the "pink elephant" idiom, which refers to something that is painfully obvious, since pink elephants don't exist, and they'd take up all the space in a room, making them stand out horribly. It's also similar to the emperor's new clothes, since everyone's aware, but it goes without mentioning. The difference is, with the emperor's new clothes, you praise someone for mentioning the thing, but with the pink elephant, it's more like going to a gym in the summer without the air-conditioner working and then saying "damn, dude, why is it so hot in here" or when you're eating at a restaurant, and some kid upchucks, and you respond with "that kid upchucked."

SirPrimalform: I understand the pink elephant idiom, I was having trouble relating it to my statement. When I said "So it was GOG!" I was referring to the news we received a while back that the game was coming to 'another DRM-free store'. There was a lot of speculation as to whether this might be itch.io, GOG changing their minds or another store entirely.
I was having trouble relating it as I didn't know you'd misunderstood me to mean "So it was GOG('s fault)!".

I honestly had no idea what it was you weren't following, so i decided to explain the whole shebang. XD
SirPrimalform: I understand the pink elephant idiom, I was having trouble relating it to my statement. When I said "So it was GOG!" I was referring to the news we received a while back that the game was coming to 'another DRM-free store'. There was a lot of speculation as to whether this might be itch.io, GOG changing their minds or another store entirely.

kohlrak: I honestly had no idea what it was you weren't following, so i decided to explain the whole shebang. XD
Ditto. I simply couldn't make the connection because I didn't know you'd read a different meaning into my post. XD
SirPrimalform: So it was GOG!
I'm SUPER glad they came back and revisited their decision. It shows that GoG is listening. Respect! Instabought it!