It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

pmcollectorboy: This all seems very basic, but it's easier said than done. There's probably way more to this game, and I'm not as clever as some of these other coding geniuses. If anyone knows more about this game, feel free to add.
PaterAlf: Thank you. I think those were exactly the commands that I used so far and that I understand. But there were some more that I'm not sure about it. I have to look at the manual to remember which ones, but I'm not at home at the moment.
As far as I remember the other command is JRO, which is a bit of an odd one.

Basically it jumps the number of lines of the provided argument. So JRO -1 jumps back to the line above, JRO 1 jumps to the next line.
I didn't often use it except in the later levels but if you really want to optimise your solutions I believe it's very important for that.
You can use it for all sorts of things but you kind of need to plan the values you use to make the best use of it..
Starmaker: ...
Thank you.
adaliabooks: As far as I remember the other command is JRO, which is a bit of an odd one.

Basically it jumps the number of lines of the provided argument. So JRO -1 jumps back to the line above, JRO 1 jumps to the next line.
I didn't often use it except in the later levels but if you really want to optimise your solutions I believe it's very important for that.
You can use it for all sorts of things but you kind of need to plan the values you use to make the best use of it..
Thank you. I think that was the command that I didn't fully understand. But I get it now, your explanation is much better than the one in the manual. :)
PaterAlf: Thank you. I think that was the command that I didn't fully understand. But I get it now, your explanation is much better than the one in the manual. :)
Yeah, it's a tricky one even when you have a manual written in your first language... I didn't use it for half the game as I remember because I couldn't see the point, but once I'd read a few examples I found it quite useful.

If I remember rightly you can use it for pausing as well if you input 0 to it. Used right it can actually be much more useful than the other j commands.
I too am stuck halfway through TIS-100... It's really bloody hard!
Meanwhile, Humble is at it again. Detox cleanse my ass.
I had to figure out a roundabout way to do the p-q and then q-p one. Basically found out the hard way that two opposing nodes can't pass numbers to each other at the same time, as they'll be permanently stuck in write mode. One has to go and then the other.
Starmaker: Meanwhile, Humble is at it again. Detox cleanse my ass.
They did whatnow?
Starmaker: Meanwhile, Humble is at it again. Detox cleanse my ass.
SirPrimalform: They did whatnow?
Another pseudoscience bundle. This was the first one.

But it's even worse, actually, because I googled "humble bundle pseudoscience" and the first hit was this. I hope they crash and burn.
SirPrimalform: They did whatnow?
Starmaker: Another pseudoscience bundle. This was the first one.

But it's even worse, actually, because I googled "humble bundle pseudoscience" and the first hit was this. I hope they crash and burn.
Oh god, I remember the first one. Wasn't there also a gender stereotyping bundle? Man care or some such.
Post edited January 16, 2018 by SirPrimalform
Still no news ? What was this new DRM-free store in which Opus Magnum is going ? Is it itch.io ?
garkham: Still no news ? What was this new DRM-free store in which Opus Magnum is going ? Is it itch.io ?
You mean another store than Humble? Because you can download DRM-free version from Humble (for games that have DRM-free versions, of course), including Opus Magnum.
jae: you can download DRM-free version from Humble (for games that have DRM-free versions, of course)
Well it's been a long time since that was completely true. There are plenty of games on the store and in bundles that cannot be downloaded DRM-free despite DRM-free versions existing.
And sometimes the DRM-free version mysteriously disappears.

Obviously Opus Magnum is supplied DRM-free and I don't expect it to disappear, but Humble as a store are really untrustworthy.
Gilozard: How is it a bigger pain to grab the Galaxy-free installers? The process for me is the same it's always been, but then I'm still using the GOG downloader so my install workflow really hasn't changed since I started on GOG.
jcdenton11: I've had problems with patches being incompatible with versions, and sometimes it's not clear what has been updated when I go to a dotted game, might be a new linux/mac version or something not relevant to me.
You can check the changelog and see what's been updated. It's right in the dropdown menu for each game.

I tend to download the whole installer if I think enough has changed that it's worth updating.
garkham: Still no news ? What was this new DRM-free store in which Opus Magnum is going ? Is it itch.io ?
jae: You mean another store than Humble? Because you can download DRM-free version from Humble (for games that have DRM-free versions, of course), including Opus Magnum.
Yes I mean another store as somebody reports Zach confirmed an upcoming release on another DRM-free store. What I'm absolutely happy about, as I only buy my non-physical games on GOG or itch.io. :)