It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

low rated
kohlrak: Those things destroy the community, while inconvenience does not.
Apparently you haven't seen communities that fell apart due to some people allowed to swear and generally behave toxically.

kohlrak: But, hey, even if we were to agree that it causes trouble, you have yet to define an objective standard that is qualify-able.
I don't. Mods do. If they establish the rules about how understandable should messages in the language be written, then it will be just addendum to rules, nothing more.

kohlrak: Did anyone expect to see the day where i'd be defending fairfox for over an hour? I sure as hell didn't.
Fairfox or her 'netspeak" dialect?
low rated
kohlrak: Those things destroy the community, while inconvenience does not.
LootHunter: Apparently you haven't seen communities that fell apart due to some people allowed to swear and generally behave toxically.
Right, those things destroy communities, but they're not inconvenient.
kohlrak: But, hey, even if we were to agree that it causes trouble, you have yet to define an objective standard that is qualify-able.
I don't. Mods do. If they establish the rules about how understandable should messages in the language be written, then it will be just addendum to rules, nothing more.
Mods enforce rules decided upon by others (usually the company). Mods are judges, not legislators. As users, we are merely voters. Legislators get their ideas from the voters. If you want new legislation, at least iron out the obvious bits so the politicians (gog staff) can come up with a more reasonable representation. However, that requires an objective standard to be established, but this is precisely what is lacking.
kohlrak: Did anyone expect to see the day where i'd be defending fairfox for over an hour? I sure as hell didn't.
Fairfox or her 'netspeak" dialect?
Both, ad ultimately Linko90, from my understanding of where this came from: one of the things people are critical about is that he didn't ban fairfox, which makes no sense for reasons outlined above.
MarkoH01: Don't wanmt to interrupt this interesting discussion. But you are aware that it is just a tiny bit OT? (meaning it has nothing to do with what the thread title is about)? How about opening an own thread to discuss ... whatever it is you are discussing?
further proof that we need linko back
richlind33: No disrespect to Linko but I'm liking Chandra and Konrad. ;p
MarkoH01: I like them too and it would be great if they could be as active here as Linko was. But try to remember the time when we did not have a forum moderator. You could see some posts of them but far not enough to keep some of the threads in order. I guess they simply did not have the time to be in the forum as active as Linko was (because of other things they had to do like support).

But maybe some of you are correct and the forum is not as important to GOG as I wished it would be. Then of course a bit moderation would be better than none at all ... of course it would not be enough and soon after the next uncontrolled threads full of OT hatespeech and insults the next people would leave the forums ... but if GOG does not really care about the forum that would be all right as well I guess.
It all comes down to this, Marko: is the glass half full, or half empty?

The answer, quite obviously, is FCK DRM! ;p
We need Linko back!
If they honestly fired him because of the vocal minority/twitter shitshow I don't even know what to say. Is that all it takes anymore?
If I find out that they actually fired a staff member over SJWs twitter political correctness whinings, then I'm going to stop buying anything on GOG, including Cyberpunk. As simple as that.
To me it signals that they're spineless cavers and they don't care about games and those games' fans anymore so much they care about appearances and appeasing whiny assholes who aren't even their customers or gamers.
low rated
Not buying games on GOG. RIP.
low rated
nvm

I'd have better luck trying to converse with the ass of a dead baboon
Post edited November 08, 2018 by tinyE
I hope they did not fire him. Please let us know he is still working there.
Dont give in those terrorist people who threaten others.
The gaming community will have your back as you can see!
low rated
No more support for CDPR, wallet closed. Cheers
Post edited November 08, 2018 by danatz1
I support Linko90. Don't give an inch to the perpetually offended. They will take a mile.
I do not like "community managers" as a rule, but no one should be fired for this.
low rated
That was the last straw - you lost a customer.
So u cant joke anymore? cmon cdpr ur better than this