It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

justanoldgamer: By one day, do you guys mean on the first play through or on replays?
On a "regular" play of the game in question. I'm not interested in speedruns. I also include some games that have a lot of hidden content that can take longer to unlock (such as Botanicula), or which grant new play modes when completed (like Escape Goat). Basically, if the game lends itself naturally to being played and enjoyed in 2-5 hours on average, it belongs here.
Added Stick it to the Man. Not played it myself, but the accounts of others indicate it belongs here.
Great idea for a thread, Sinistar! :)
Thespian*: Great idea for a thread, Sinistar! :)
Ta mate! It helps me, and hopefully others, to get through the backlog, as well as allocate playing time better. :)
Thespian*: Great idea for a thread, Sinistar! :)
IAmSinistar: Ta mate! It helps me, and hopefully others, to get through the backlog, as well as allocate playing time better. :)
Indeed! BTW, you might want to add Shelter ( http://www.gog.com/game/shelter ) to the OP, it lasts about 1-2 hours. ;)
You could get through the 5 levels of A.R.E.S: Extinction Agenda in a day - I think it was one of these planned episodic things that never made it to Ep2
http://store.steampowered.com/app/92300/
Thespian*: Indeed! BTW, you might want to add Shelter ( http://www.gog.com/game/shelter ) to the OP, it lasts about 1-2 hours. ;)
Wow, I didn't know it was that short. I will add it to the list and GOGmix, and escalate it up my own playlist. Thanks!
IAmSinistar: Wow, I didn't know it was that short. I will add it to the list and GOGmix, and escalate it up my own playlist. Thanks!
Don't mention it. ;)
IAmSinistar: Wow, I didn't know it was that short. I will add it to the list and GOGmix, and escalate it up my own playlist. Thanks!
Thespian*: Don't mention it. ;)
I have to, that's kind of the point of the list. ;D

(Yah, being a smartass now...)
IAmSinistar: (Yah, being a smartass now...)
Same old, same old. :P
Please, remove Fahrenheit from the list. This is definitely a game for at least couple of days. And from my point of view it has some replayability factors as well :-)
Fever_Discordia: You could get through the 5 levels of A.R.E.S: Extinction Agenda in a day - I think it was one of these planned episodic things that never made it to Ep2
http://store.steampowered.com/app/92300/
I just checked it out (it's DRM-free on GG, by the way). Seems like it might be brief enough, but I'm trying to avoid episodic games. Even those that will never have another episode. :) That's why I've left other titles, like Insecticide, off the list too.

zeffyr: Please, remove Fahrenheit from the list. This is definitely a game for at least couple of days. And from my point of view it has some replayability factors as well :-)
Funny you would mention this, I was just thinking about this game as I was reviewing the list. It really does take quite a while to finish, especially with all the dying and restarting. So I think I will pull it down, as "must have a perfect play-through to finish in a day" shouldn't be part of the criteria.
zeffyr: Please, remove Fahrenheit from the list. This is definitely a game for at least couple of days. And from my point of view it has some replayability factors as well :-)
IAmSinistar: Funny you would mention this, I was just thinking about this game as I was reviewing the list. It really does take quite a while to finish, especially with all the dying and restarting. So I think I will pull it down, as "must have a perfect play-through to finish in a day" shouldn't be part of the criteria.
I think Tower of Guns would make a good addition to the list (unless it is there already and I just happened to not see it). The game can be beaten in an hour (or less?).
hack slash loot, a few hours game but addicting as hell