It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

unknown78: Im kinda sad.
1.) setup_kotor_sw_german_2.0.0.3-1.exe /nogui doesn't work in wine
2.) the encryption seemed to have change at least the script i found didn't work anymore

... and the game was released afte the vote :(
Wasn't KOTOR released before GOG told they'd "fix" their installers? They probably haven't updated all of them yet..
unknown78: Im kinda sad.
1.) setup_kotor_sw_german_2.0.0.3-1.exe /nogui doesn't work in wine
2.) the encryption seemed to have change at least the script i found didn't work anymore

Daliz: Wasn't KOTOR released before GOG told they'd "fix" their installers? They probably haven't updated all of them yet..
In that case, it really does matter which script they're using. I never got around to making mine work with single-binfile installers and the other one assumes there's only one binfile. (It matters because they need to generate the binfile's name from the exe's name or vice-versa)
unknown78: 2.) the encryption seemed to have change at least the script i found didn't work anymore
KOTOR was not released after the vote and the installer hasn't changed since release. It's gog gameid is 1207666283, and the md5sum thereof is 191038cdd4c20f7ea304acad844868a3 - using this as a password opens at least the English language versions .bin file (really a .rar file).

No affected installers of mine have been fixed.
Post edited January 23, 2015 by Rixasha
I would like to point out that some installers are still encrypted: Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic.....
Wait, what is going on?
I just used innoextract to extract the game files, expecting the .bin file to be omitted... and it worked. The archive is unpacked without a problem, and I haven't entered the password.
unar still asks for the password before extracting.

This is my command:
# innoextract -m -g -- setup_sw_kotor_2.0.0.3.exe

-m excludes the temporary files, which would normally be deleted by the installer after installing. -g (or --gog) exists for multi-part GOG installers and apparently calls unarchiver or unrar to extract the archive.
The extraction works without -m too, and also with unrar instead of unarchiver.
I've checked the two results by innoextract without password and unarchiver with password per
# diff -r RESULT1 RESULT2
and they are identical.
The unfiltered output by innoextract looks the same as unarchiver after entering the password.

MaGog says the install files haven't been changed since the day of release.

The only explanation I have is that innoextract somehow calls unarchiver or unrar with the password. But I cannot find anything to prove this and innoextract's homepage indeed says that encrypted installers are still unsupported, right?

Am I missing something?
Post edited December 24, 2016 by Urnoev
Urnoev: (…)
Looks like innoextract can find the GOG game ID:
https://github.com/dscharrer/innoextract/commit/74c13e1c492d2a0f16a62708adfb6d33c81630d7
And from that, it is able to compute the archive password.
vv221: ...
Hm, but it says right there specifically that this only works for Galaxy-ready installers. Was KotOR released after the Beta of Galaxy?

Anyway, it's the only good explanation.