It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

So worked my way through page 5 of posts (50 per page) before my eyes started glossing over. So pardon me if I say something which was repeated later...

Impressions so far:
I like Bler for town. Everyone else, too much noise and fluff, not enough to read faction. No one immediately pinging my scumdar.

My preferences for lynch (at this point, barring credible suspicion)
1) Absentee lurkers - They hurt later on. Seen enough games lost as LyLo is approached with active scum and town short one in number with a non-contributor. The only way to get a lynch is side with the active scum which is a loss anyway.

While the idea that one gains less information from a lurker lynch seems to make sense, on day 1, with nothing really to go on and the reason to lynch usually being weak, there is often little enough to read on the vote trains anyway. If we lack a decent slip-up, now is a good time to cut the fat.

On the topic of no-lynch, I cannot conceive of any scenario (barring some magical prize for doing so) where no-lynch really benefits town on day 1. It makes day 2 another day 1 where we have no more real information except the night kill which is usually carefully crafted to mislead us. And while it theoretically gives investigative roles a free day to investigate, if the game is balanced where roles will auto-win the game, its a poorly balanced game. The game is designed to be won by deduction.

I just feel that absentee non-contributing is mostly factionless, thus meaning the chance to catch scum is proportional to the faction breakdown. Given it's deleterious effects on the later town effort, its a win for town to keep a higher proportion of truly active and available players alive. Of course if someone slips and we have a good case for scum, that will take priority.

Notes: I am reading the current posts since I joined, but I'll be waiting to vote until I catch up. You guys post too much! (Maybe that's the big downside of subbing into a game in progress...)
I won't do a single quote on the phone, just saying. Because I am angry at the phone.

Bler quoted QuadrAlien and the word "Plan" hit me. Can you logically make any superb plan to follow on this very particular Day 1 in this very particular game? We have only flavor to work on. Only. Flavor. And maybe whatever that any possible power role might have, but apparently nothing is worth of sharing. So... A mention of a "plan" for me sounds just like "I lurked, I lurk, (I have more important rl stuff now, just won't say) I will mention non existing plan just to secure myself of not being lynched while I lurk some more".

Conclusion? Suspect #2 on the list. First being Fox especially now that he wants out anyway.

And while saying "plan" here is just an excuse, in my mind real plan is simple: we have nothing to go on, so we must lynch a player whether it looks crazy by the flavor or not. My priority is to biggest lurkers without content.
trentonlf: Read post 576 again
At risk of putting words in Wyrm's mouth, for me at least I saw that quite like what he described - comparable to our own tradition of not lynching newbies D1.

Though I do think there's some difference in that these are experienced players just new to our forum (and its many quirks) rather than the game itself. They'll still keep playing even if given a cool reception, and may or may not play again here regardless.

But I don't see yogs' intent there as alignment driven. As noted, the math doesn't make sense - they can't all 6 be scum teammates. So if he's protecting 1-2 of them, who specifically do you think that would be?
bler144: At risk of putting words in Wyrm's mouth, for me at least I saw that quite like what he described - comparable to our own tradition of not lynching newbies D1.

Though I do think there's some difference in that these are experienced players just new to our forum (and its many quirks) rather than the game itself. They'll still keep playing even if given a cool reception, and may or may not play again here regardless.

But I don't see yogs' intent there as alignment driven. As noted, the math doesn't make sense - they can't all 6 be scum teammates. So if he's protecting 1-2 of them, who specifically do you think that would be?
I was not saying it was alignment indicative, just that giving anyone a free pass Day 1 should not happen. Also, if he was not doing because they are his friends he would have said "I don't want to vote any of the players from MU since they are new here" but he said "I do t want to vote any of my friends from MU, different context all together.
I'm just mesmerized by Dessimu's coffee cup.
yogsloth: I'm just mesmerized by Dessimu's coffee cup.
That is the only thing that looks better on phone than anything else.

And I made a quote. Does that make me a hypocrite?
Thanks, I forgot Yog had voted you when I replied to Wyrm. I stand corrected.

Funnily enough, though it'll make me look bad, while I was digesting for my first post today at you, I thought you had no votes, and was suspicious of Wyrm's idea in the context of paranoidly wondering why distract from Ix.

I'm not paying enough attention and I feel bad for it. Too many combinations of players... That said, I do think you are tunneling on Yog.
Brasas: Thanks, I forgot Yog had voted you when I replied to Wyrm. I stand corrected.

Funnily enough, though it'll make me look bad, while I was digesting for my first post today at you, I thought you had no votes, and was suspicious of Wyrm's idea in the context of paranoidly wondering why distract from Ix.

I'm not paying enough attention and I feel bad for it. Too many combinations of players... That said, I do think you are tunneling on Yog.
That's the thing, yogs is not even on my radar. I'm just trying to explain my observations.
trent isn't the one tunneling on me, to be fair. He's the one saying not to tunnel on me.

But he's also the one not doing anything proactive, either.
yogsloth: But he's also the one not doing anything proactive, either.
I find this an odd comment. Comparatively you've done more proactive things?

He may have worked in a narrower field, sure, but he's cast a vote resolutely, defended it even in the face of widespread suggestion that sitting on the guy who hadn't shown up was bad, and then IIRC justified staying there when that player's arrival was...curious.

IDK - ultimately how much he's helping depends on what Ix is. Right?
Fair enough. I was remembering the intention behind post 162.

(as a side note, is it easy to access links on your phone? Sometimes links are a pain when I'm reading on the ipad).
yogsloth: trent isn't the one tunneling on me, to be fair. He's the one saying not to tunnel on me.

So voting who I find to be scummy and trying to get others to vote is not being proactive? Do I need to strip naked and sing a song at the same time to get everyone's attention? Would that make it proactive for you? I suppose I could just be like several others and just post every now and then without really doing anything, that's just a great idea for town....
trentonlf: Do I need to strip naked and sing a song at the same time to get everyone's attention? Would that make it proactive for you?
[sets up lawn chair]

[pours self glass of lemonaide]

[sits comfortably]

[tilts up single eyebrow suggestively, gently twirling one finger]
Seriously guys this trent wagon is awfully comfortable
yogsloth: trent isn't the one tunneling on me, to be fair. He's the one saying not to tunnel on me.

trentonlf: So voting who I find to be scummy and trying to get others to vote is not being proactive? Do I need to strip naked and sing a song at the same time to get everyone's attention? Would that make it proactive for you? I suppose I could just be like several others and just post every now and then without really doing anything, that's just a great idea for town....
When your reasons effectively amount to 'He's lurking and unhelpful' it seems a bit too easy. I don't tend to like that being the favored lynch from someone while they appear not to really be looking for more telling scummy behavior.