It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

yogsloth: Wyrm, use your own judgement, but you might want to strongly consider explaining the event.
I'm a Mason. I've been here about 8 years, and I also know the area very well. Odds are good that I've been on every trail within the settlement.

The "event" was more like "character thoughts" that were revealed to me privately.
SirCrimsonFox: snip
When possible, do send me a PM, just to verify a few things. Nothing major, just a follow up.
Bookwyrm627: I'm a Mason. I've been here about 8 years, and I also know the area very well. Odds are good that I've been on every trail within the settlement.

The "event" was more like "character thoughts" that were revealed to me privately.
So we definitely have a mason and a carpenter.

I don't think werewolves are likely to try to burn us out... so - what do you say we start fortifying the Great Hall? I can use my hounds as guard dogs, and after we build our tricks and traps, we can all get blotto on whatever is out in those stills.
Nachomamma8: Stanari, my apologies; I don't even think a "Stenari" is a thing so I don't really have any idea where that came from. That being said, I'm a little surprised that you didn't engage more with my post. Sure, what I've had to say so far isn't exactly revolutionary (or even significant), but still I expected... something.
It's a good post with interesting thoughts but there's nothing that really caught my attention. Which is admittedly somewhat occupied by delicious, delicious flavor.
Why aren't you a fan of yog so far? Is there something in particular from him that you've disliked?
Right now it seems like a failure to read him as scum means that you're no longer attempting to read him at all, which is not the Oakwood Village way; get back up on that horse and try again, Justin Dawson.
Tone is moderately rubbing me the wrong way (disclaimer: I suck at tonereads). There was something else too - I think the way he unvoted me.

I'm not giving up on reading him but I don't trust my read.
I just like being the center of attention.

ME ME ME ME ME ME MEEEEEEEEEEEE
Morning. Caught up and have a few things to respond to/address between meetings.

SirCrimsonFox: So uh his post about tromboning is what you have to comment about?

And the second part…you’re doing what he did…” one thing holding me back from being willing to vote him”. Announcing that you are wanting to vote him yet don’t vote him.

And the card thing. I really don’t know how wise it is to tell everyone that you’ are doing behind the scenes things. Now that you have you need to come completely clean on what you handed him and how that works.
1) I'd just commented on two other posts of his two hours prior. Soooo want to link videos. Alas.

But mostly, in the circumstances, similar to how Stan felt yogs unvote was an odd response to her in context, I was expecting...pretty much anything...other than that response to me. So I commented on him speaking to me directly. Feels like you're grasping at a straw there.

2) Yeah, the irony of that wasn't lost on me. I'm channeling "The Reluctant Voter" in this game in more ways than one, albeit not on purpose, and that's an inside joke so doesn't mean much to you.

3) If anything I thought I was being a bit too obvious about it. /shrug

Brasas: 4) Is that so far from the typical 75% town ratio?
I'm not looking at this approach as a huge upside one, just as a low downside fallback.

Nachomamma8: To the "No Lynch" idea in 44 by Brasas... Even though Drealmer is famous for advocating no lynch, do you really think that he'd design a game where people would get rewarded for town to No Lynch just because it's something he would like to do? I like that you are at least throwing out an idea that you know will probably get you heat.
Brasas: 5) Ok. I'm writing bottoms up. I covered this on the response to Bler.
And I already said somewhere I agree with Trenton until further notice.

6) Urgh. I'm going to give my reads since I see we're there. You always think Yog is scum Bler... and I'm the one that always keeps the powder try.
4) That's why I like you. FWIW I don't think I was one of the observers reading you as scummy. For those that were I think it was a function of the F5 being you crashing about trying to make stuff happen, Lift logicking along, and 3 people hard-lurking. Both the players and observers were pretty languid that game and you were the path of least resistance.

Or should I say "Path of least The Resistance"? Thanks, I'll be here all week. Tip your camp cook.

5) Well, I'm not sure you did. You did address no lynch and drealmer, sure, but no clear argument on why he would incorporate it specifically as a design feature in his first modded game. How do you get from A to C there?
6) Yes, it's a good thing one of us held back on voting for him.

Will respond to cristi after I've chewed on it a bit, and also want to take up the design question in a bit.
Bookwyrm627: I probably shouldn't have pried the arms off that bear carcass I saw the other day.
Why not? I think everybody should have the right to bear-arms. If we ever establish a nation, we should put that right in the constitution! And if they forget about putting it in, the constitution will have to be amended accordingly.

Actually though your idea of 'no evil faction among us' might be possible. I mean, we did have an 'all scum' game (I wonder who that mean mod was :-) ) and I wouldn't put it past drealmer to 'retaliate' with an 'all town' game with some external threat that we need to find a way to deal with. Unless, of course, you only brought this possibility up because you are one of the 'evil faction among us' and want to distract from that.

Also: you're a Mason? As in Free-Mason? (i.e. was that a claim and you claim to have the role 'Mason'?) Or as in: you build walls? Both might be useful, though claiming so early would be suspicious.

Something different: Jay (SirCrimsonFox), you should get your hand looked at and tended. We don't want to lose anyone to an infection in these dire circumstances. Anyone experienced in the tending of wounds around here?

yogsloth: ... booze ...
It might be time to get that booze from your brother's place, Eric. If it is strong enough, it will burn lively and wolves do fear the fire. So we might use it in our defense. I'll come with you to help you carry (and sample, whether it is strong enough) !

To all others: and should I not come back from that trek through the woods with Eric, or turn up eaten, then you'll know who it was and that he wasn't joking with that disgusting statement!
Nachomamma8: I'm not really a fan of Yogsloth's opening; pushing for the lurker lynch so early seems unlike him,
yogsloth: trololololololo

So anyway - I do believe we're on to something with using flavor to defend the Town.

I'm in favor of pooling information now to see what we have to work with.

Trent, hope you're ready! :)

I'm in charge of my dipshit brother's dogs, of which he has many. I'm staying at his crib while he's hiding in Nashua. He also has several stills on his property out in the woods. I haven't looked in them yet, but I would assume he's not making mineral water.

Not sure that's as useful as other roles, but I suspect drealmer wants us to to play this like Sang-Froid (and I suspect that game may have inspired this one in quite a significant way) and literally come to some idea on defending the Town.

Wyrm, use your own judgement, but you might want to strongly consider explaining the event.
I'm taking drealmer at his word that PM's will not break the game so share away.

As for me I've already said I'm known for my singing and that's what I love to do. I also enjoy cooking, knitting, and sewing. I'm good with plants and animals. I'm one of the oldest people in the village and was unable to make the trip to Nassu(?), but that's ok as I didn't want to leave this village anyway. All I want to dinos help determine what is going on so all my family can come back and be together again.
Lifthrasil: Why not? I think everybody should have the right to bear-arms. If we ever establish a nation, we should put that right in the constitution! And if they forget about putting it in, the constitution will have to be amended accordingly.
At least someone got the idea!

Lifthrasil: Unless, of course, you only brought this possibility up because you are one of the 'evil faction among us' and want to distract from that.
I grew up here. If I wanted to crush this village, I wouldn't bother trying to fake some kind of wolf attack.

Lifthrasil: Something different: Jay (SirCrimsonFox), you should get your hand looked at and tended. We don't want to lose anyone to an infection in these dire circumstances. Anyone experienced in the tending of wounds around here?
The vet should be able to handle it. Yo, DocBear!
Give me time to clean my shack, give me a bottle and then you can expect me to share a thought or a few.

By the way, lurking from my side is absolutely not common. Real life intervened with:
- got a contract at work (before that I was working at the same place but as a replaceable, "we will call you when we need you", being enslaved by certain "we have cheap workers" company, worker). Turns out I am valuable.
- at my workplace they put a new machine two days ago. That means more production done during same time, more people at the same place to handle and worst of all - more jokes to make during work.
- there's a very nice girl I am working with, Karolina. I think we share some amount of sympathy to each other.

Oh, I remember Bler asked if my crappy flavor meant that I suggest a no-lynch for the day. No, that would be stupid. With this big amount of players in general there are bound to be more scum than we usually have. So, you know... We need to hunt them down.

Though if we looked at this from the flavor perspective kind of view, it gets ironically funny. Something wolfs related, but not confirmed to be werewolves exactly (though rather safely assumed as yogs mentioned), kills a girl in our village. So we make a noose and hang one of our own to see what happens, instead of going into the woods. I love the flavor.
trentonlf: All I want to dinos help
YOU DID WANT TO HAVE A WERE-WOLEPHANT RUNNING THROUGH THE VILLAGE!!
Dessimu: - there's a very nice girl I am working with, Karolina. I think we share some amount of sympathy to each other.
Be careful when sharing sympathy to make sure it's not infected!

Oh, I remember Bler asked if my crappy flavor meant that I suggest a no-lynch for the day. No, that would be stupid. With this big amount of players in general there are bound to be more scum than we usually have. So, you know... We need to hunt them down.

Dessimu: Though if we looked at this from the flavor perspective kind of view, it gets ironically funny. Something wolfs related, but not confirmed to be werewolves exactly (though rather safely assumed as yogs mentioned), kills a girl in our village. So we make a noose and hang one of our own to see what happens, instead of going into the woods. I love the flavor.
Yeah, it does seem slightly off, eh? lol

That's why I'm waiting to see what drealmer brings us. I'm assuming we're all sort of just feinting/parrying at the moment and we'll be given a flavor reason before Sundown to start seriously trying to kill each other.
cristigale: snip
Vote cristi

So a few things here. As noted prior, cristi does have a tell, and it's basically floating in at the end of each day with consensus-y, largely-repeaty info with no analysis.

Here was HSL's take on her last December (I think he has a more thorough analysis from a later game somewhere else but I can't find it):

"For the moment, I'd like to say that I also find cristigale a bit off. Besides the lurking, she's been posting the same way she did when she was mafia in CSPVG's game, and managed to fly under the radar of all of us almost until the very end.

If you go over her posts, it's mostly rehashing what has been said, put her own touch on it, then cast a vote. "

#213 is example A of precisely that, aside from the vote.

Now, she's not voting, you might say. Fair enough, but as noted, that was last December, and since then she's changed up a bit. For example, in yogsloth's game as mafia, she ended Day 1, Day 3, and Day 4 with no vote on the table at all. Town won on D5.

Amusingly, she came in and stated that she would be "voting soon" after yogs had closed Day 1.

Now, to be fair, and again with the irony, I ended D2 in that game (was a sub for Agent, and only alive D2) not voting either at town. But the crux here is the softbally, consensus stuff that rehashes info, maybe adds a new tidbit, and avoids any actual analysis.

In this game, until pushed, she did the jokey flavor thing, did the 'vote the mod' thing, and then repeated much of the speculation about werewolves adding the moon detail. I get that everybody is going to, and probably should do some of that, but she's someone town needs to analyze, and esp. 12 hours ago there was enough content on the table that some analysis was possible.

I care less that people agree with me at this point - this gambit was mostly about her demonstrating that she's capable of some analysis, so that, regardless of alignment, she doesn't just coast on the consensus/info/flavor stuff. Now you all know she can do it. So if necessary, ride her until she does. ;)
Elite quote fail from me above btw. I'm in mid-season form.
An event of additional character thoughts as opposed to an event of "I chopped wood and then drealmer gave me wood" is reassuring. I have more to say but am phone posting and on break.