It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Stanari: - no hammers...
- ...but lynches have mechanics
Oi. You're right, and it looks like I need to comb through the OP again myself.

Unvote Nacho.

Stanari: - unvote before revoting
Need to unvote specifically, not just a general unvote, before revoting.

bler144: But now, why "3 wolves, perhaps more"? There are 17 players. There's close to zero chance you think there are 3 wolves and 14 town, right? So...

What do you think is actually happening here? Setup/posts that stand out/which character makes the best pancakes? Anything, really.
-I haven't entirely discounted that there is no evil faction among us. If someone were to do it, Drealmer is probably the one. No Lynch on D1 might let everyone win, but I suspect not.

-Story telling is going to matter, at least to some extent. I'm not going to go looking for a the quote, but Drealmer has commented about the game unfolding like a story. That could mean PvE. The details about the wolves being unusual, nasty, not in this area, etc. indicate PvP.

-I'm going to guess that "3 wolves, maybe more" is just a stock phrase from when he was writing, before he knew how many players would be present. Iirc, the minimum was about 12-14 players, and 3 scum would fit that. We probably have "more" (4 scum, with perhaps a hostile neutral).

-There could be 3 wolves and a handful of hostiles or even a second 3-man faction.

-The new recruits wouldn't have the (dis-?)advantage of having heard a bunch of the hype leading up to this game. Don't forget all the soon-to-be-mod commentary about how all the roles might do different things, depending on the number of players (and possibly even which players are) present.

-Nacho might make the best pancakes.

Brasas: Almost forgot, the comment about no more than 4 or else is odd to me. What the heck do you know that I don't?
That 5-6 wolves on the same team mean town is probably screwed before the game starts.

With 5 wolves, town has to kill 5 wolves before 7 townies die. With 6 wolves, town has to kill 6 wolves (with little/no help from wolves) before 5 townies die.

Both of these scenarios assume everyone is either in a single town faction or a single scum faction, and the standard "When mafia numbers = town numbers, mafia wins" rule is in effect.

Brasas: What the heck is an event specifically?
Event (noun): a thing that happens, especially one of importance.

Mine was not of importance, except that it happened at all.

Lifthrasil: "Some of you seem to suggest, that the culprit or culprits of these crimes be among us. Be it werewolves or some wolf-trainer. Some even have started to suggest someone of our own.
I've been struggling with this, since any werewolves among us would have to have been here for awhile, hiding through multiple full moons. Do we have any new comers?

It just occurred to me, though, that a few of us might have been victimized only recently, perhaps while traveling to Nashua for some supplies.

Lifthrasil: Craig was speaking oddly when the Day started. Almost as if he was still suffering from some ailment or mental malady. He sounded like one of those undead in the horror stories uncle bill used to read. But again, that might have been a joke. Or not.
I probably shouldn't have pried the arms off that bear carcass I saw the other day. It seemed like a good prank until the pack came visiting, and you know how I hate to waste what seems like a good joke.

Nachomamma8: It's my personal expectation that if you were specially informed of Events being a thing that you would bring it up as soon as possible; your timing seemed off and I don't see how it enriches the game in any way shape or form to inform one player of Events as opposed to the playerlist as a whole. Sorry if I'm being a "wet blanket", I'm kind of known for being one of those :(

Bler, I've read the OP pretty thoroughly (my hope was to learn from the signup thread and not break a rule as soon as I made a post), and I didn't see anything from events. If Bookwyrm did see something in the OP that everyone missed, I'd expect that he would point it out instead of pretend that it was a special knowledge given to him.
You are ignoring the very, blatantly obvious solution: I didn't know about them until one happened to me. I did indeed "bring it up as soon as possible". How do you know anything about the timing of of my revelation versus when I acquired the knowledge?

Keep your shade. I don't need it.
Lifthrasil: Or a lurker is a thoroughly floating townie.
Ftfy.
Bookwyrm627: ... it looks like I need to comb through the OP again myself.
It's SUCH a good read, eh?
SirCrimsonFox: ...
SirCrimsonFox's cut on his hand begins to fester. It looks like he's not yet taken care of it. It'd be a shame to lose such a good tree-chopper to a gangrenous hand that could have easily healed if he'd just sought treatment sooner.
Post edited September 08, 2016 by drealmer7
lx (Emma), where are you? Why are you hiding?

I have to agree with Dessimu and Lift on lurking. It's just not good town behavior. If we had to vote right now, I would vote to lynch lx. Hopefully, she will show up soon.

My gut instinct tells me to be wary of yogs. I know I'm going to need more than that, but that's all I have at the moment.

I need to go back and reread the OP (again) and read through the thread.
1) Vote Ixamyakxim.

As good a place as any to start the lynch process, sans more information.

2) Everyone, please be advised that you'll almost certainly be needing to vote using the full player name (presumably the same applies to using a character name to vote). Post 6 is your friend.
Bookwyrm627: ...votes...
I will accept the first name (parenthetical name acceptable) of a character for a vote, no last name needed.

example:

vote eli (for Eli Ives)
Nachomamma8: And I shouldn't be posting right now but I'm testing double-posting thing and I don't feel like I addressed Lift's most recent the way I wanted to. Lift, you made the argument that lynching is an important step for town to take in order to turn a completely muddled game into a slightly less argument. I understand that. What I don't understand is why this game is different (as in why proposing a No Lynch would be acceptable here when it wouldn't be acceptable elsewhere); you talk about wonky lynch mechanics and the like, but I don't think there's anything pointing us to "No Lynching" and forgoing that particular piece of information.

Does that make sense?
Please tell me that makes sense.
Who was talking about no lynching? First I've heard of it, son. Are you the first one to say it?

Nachomamma8: I'm not really a fan of Yogsloth's opening; pushing for the lurker lynch so early seems unlike him, it feels like today would be a wasted day if we just potato'ed around the entire time and then ended on a lurker lynch and I feel him more than others would be aware of that and more prodding to get things going, also thought that pushing on Stenari for being serious while everyone was still corn-deep in potato land was also a bit strange if he's trying to be all extra friendly to the MUers.
bler144: I have this suspicion/theory that yogsloth invited his friends from various forums back to his hometown, drew mafia/wolf, and was just 100% trapped. If he wolfed one way, it would look suspicious to the hometown crowd, if he wolfed the other way he'd get snared by the ringers he'd invited in.

But maybe he's just the guy who invited his hot college g/f home and then is embarrassed to actually show her around to meet his high school friends, because man, they are dorks. And by they, I mean we.

His post about the trombone probably felt the most off to me. He didn't bring a show of force, he didn't counter, he didn't try and townie his way out of it, just made a personal barb and clammed up.

There's really only one thing holding me back from being willing to vote him, which is a card I handed him on purpose to see how he'd play it. And so far I...think he's playing it like town who thinks I'm town? But the rest of what he's doing, yeah, that feels off.
Holy cow chip! So uh his post about tromboning is what you have to comment about? That’s it? Altho I guess I agree it does sound a bit lolcatty/defensive/taunting. But that’s the post you have to comment on?

And the second part…you’re doing what he did…” one thing holding me back from being willing to vote him”. Announcing that you are wanting to vote him yet don’t vote him.

And the card thing. I really don’t know how wise it is to tell everyone that you’ are doing behind the scenes things. Now that you have you need to come completely clean on what you handed him and how that works.
SirCrimsonFox: ...
you typing all that one-handed? I hope...
Bookwyrm627: (...)
Do we have a carpenter?
(...)
Oh, I just remembered! I'm a carpenter! I make good doors, then sign them with a bearded dragon.

agentcarr16: I feel like I've been insulted...
Bookwyrm627: Hey!!
What? Did I say something? Or does my breath smell?

Bookwyrm627: Trent and Agent both suffer from phonepostitis.
QFT.

Nachomamma8: The advantages are so numerous that even the people who give a crap about math have not been able to invent a number high enough to count my advantages!
So... Higher than 10?

Though, to be serious, it irks my mathematical icecube of a heart to hear you say that. It's literally impossible. :P

bler144: I can't find my SNK anywhere in my PM.
Snooker wasn't invented until the 1800's, dude...

My beard is waggling confusedly. Though I've lived here ever since the beginning, I feel like I don't know anyone. And I'm not sure if we should lynch one of us or just have a wolf-killing party.
Nachomamma8: I enter. etc. etc. etc.
I feel like I've read this general idea before from somewhere...
So much giggle from this post in its entirety!

Just going to specifically respond to parts, though.

agentcarr16: Oh, I just remembered! I'm a carpenter! I make good doors, then sign them with a bearded dragon.
Excellent. Come with me, and lets see about fortifying the Main Hall. Need a couple more volunteers to help with manual labor. Multiple families lived here during the very first winter. I'm sure 16 of us can fit just fine.

agentcarr16: Though, to be serious, it irks my mathematical icecube of a heart to hear you say that. It's literally impossible. :P
Uncountable numbers. :P

For those not familiar with the concept: go to Wikipedia, and look up "Uncountable set".

agentcarr16: My beard is waggling confusedly. Though I've lived here ever since the beginning, I feel like I don't know anyone. And I'm not sure if we should lynch one of us or just have a wolf-killing party.
1) Were any secret passages created in the Main Hall during/after construction?

2) No need to straight up lynch one of us. Simply lock the least trusted person outside with a weapon(s), and wait to see if wolves kill him. If no wolves show up at all, we're probably good, and (s)he survives the night. If wolves show up and kill him, we know we've got a wolf problem, and we can go count the number of wolves. If wolves show up and don't kill him, we can lynch him in the morning for being a werewolf.

And if something not-wolves shows up, then swap "wolves" with whatever showed up.
trentonlf: *out of character* I am concerned that yogsloth has disappeared after making the trombone comment. Several people have noted how they have not liked what he has been doing in his posts and he has had no response. He as been one of the most active people in the game so far, his sudden disappearance seems odd.
Watch the clock. Somewhere at 4-5PM PST I turn into an invisible pumpkin during baseball season, which it currently is. I am coaching TWO different little league teams at the same time, plus ferrying those same two kids to two different hockey team practices/games as well. It's nuckin' futs. Baseball pretty much literally every day and I've just been told I might have some weekday games in f***ing Jurupa Valley. JURUPA VALLEY. Go ahead and Google that. That's deep into cow country and it means my poor little eight-year-old will be up until 10:30 on a school night, and that's boooooooool sheeeeeet my friends.

Anyway.

Still catching up.

Totally Town though btw. That's the good news.
yogsloth: Totally Town though btw. That's the good news.
Oh good. I'd hate to have to kill you.
Nachomamma8: I'm not really a fan of Yogsloth's opening; pushing for the lurker lynch so early seems unlike him,
trololololololo

So anyway - I do believe we're on to something with using flavor to defend the Town.

I'm in favor of pooling information now to see what we have to work with.

Trent, hope you're ready! :)

I'm in charge of my dipshit brother's dogs, of which he has many. I'm staying at his crib while he's hiding in Nashua. He also has several stills on his property out in the woods. I haven't looked in them yet, but I would assume he's not making mineral water.

Not sure that's as useful as other roles, but I suspect drealmer wants us to to play this like Sang-Froid (and I suspect that game may have inspired this one in quite a significant way) and literally come to some idea on defending the Town.

Wyrm, use your own judgement, but you might want to strongly consider explaining the event.
Bookwyrm627: So much giggle from this post in its entirety!
Uhhh... That's nice.

Bookwyrm627: Just going to specifically respond to parts, though.

agentcarr16: Oh, I just remembered! I'm a carpenter! I make good doors, then sign them with a bearded dragon.
Bookwyrm627: Excellent. Come with me, and lets see about fortifying the Main Hall. Need a couple more volunteers to help with manual labor. Multiple families lived here during the very first winter. I'm sure 16 of us can fit just fine.
Very true, very true, Craig. I can definitely help with that. And I need to re-engrave my signature on the front doors anyway!

agentcarr16: Though, to be serious, it irks my mathematical icecube of a heart to hear you say that. It's literally impossible. :P
Bookwyrm627: Uncountable numbers. :P

For those not familiar with the concept: go to Wikipedia, and look up "Uncountable set".
Exactly. Aleph-naught should cover Fergus's advantages, I'm pretty sure. :)

For a 17th century carpenter, I sure know a lot of advanced math.

agentcarr16: My beard is waggling confusedly. Though I've lived here ever since the beginning, I feel like I don't know anyone. And I'm not sure if we should lynch one of us or just have a wolf-killing party.
Bookwyrm627: 1) Were any secret passages created in the Main Hall during/after construction?

2) No need to straight up lynch one of us. Simply lock the least trusted person outside with a weapon(s), and wait to see if wolves kill him. If no wolves show up at all, we're probably good, and (s)he survives the night. If wolves show up and kill him, we know we've got a wolf problem, and we can go count the number of wolves. If wolves show up and don't kill him, we can lynch him in the morning for being a werewolf.

And if something not-wolves shows up, then swap "wolves" with whatever showed up.
1. Ummm... *shrug*

2. Sounds good to me. He may even take out some of the "wolves"!