It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

@stanari - why do you rank Ix at the same town level as Tammy?

I'm giving Ix the benefit of the doubt with his claim, but I don't see that he's done anything overtly town. In regards to bler, he just felt so town early on the D1 that I admit I've been giving him a pass. And the thought of rereading him gives me a headache. I still think he's town but I understand the reservation.
What a shitty night folks... need to rush this...
PS - shitposting got the better of me...
PPS - is apologizing for word salading a thing? I fear I owe everyone a big one on that...
PPPS - I suck >:( but I think I'm managing to sort better the game at least

bler144: Without splitting hairs too much, I'll say that, not unlike yogs, I find the sundown/dusk rules a bit stifling. While I haven't been punished per se, I've been warned multiple times about various infractions.
Now that's an idea... modkill baiting someone... if I can think it, Yogs can think it... ifyaknowwaddimean...
Puts a new light on the barn brouhaha... guessing he got warned (read inspired) some earlier time himself.

Nachomamma8: I'm pausing my catchup for now to make appearances in other games, so while I'm gone, little things:

From Brasas, I'd like to see where exactly I misrepresented him if he hasn't shown me already and I simply haven't read it.
I've at least speed read your latest appearance (read performance) and as I post will see if there are any particulars to still reply. Overall I got to say how appropriate your avatar is. Sure it outs me as having watched GG, but your mix of smooth and slimy is incredibly adequate to that caracter. Kudos for self awareness. :P

Then, indeed you haven't read it (read: you certainly haven't replied to it). And it's not the first time. (do I smell gas?) I admit it might be partially my fault, since some of Bler's questions are a tad dumbfounding. But before I post actual quotes. You also missed what I actually asked of you, and I quote:

As should be obvious what I want from Nacho is two fold: a consistent philosophy on lynching lurkers, and a more indepth explanation why he voted Dess when he did.

So the misreps.

#1 was here
https://www.gog.com/forum/general/oakwood_village_forum_mafia_game_42/post221
I replied quite later since I had missed your post to me due to no reply quote on it. Here:
https://www.gog.com/forum/general/oakwood_village_forum_mafia_game_42/post284
Choice quote on my reply:
a low downside fallback. I kind of insist on keeping the adjective there, you know, so no one thinks I'm saying the opposite of what I actually am. Does that count as a misinterpretation?

That was not that big a deal honestly, and I let it slide, but the way you asked I think twice about it later on was very odd. You managed to somehow miss that whole post darling? Another pattern you are repeating as you continue to ignore my actual questions for what is more convenient to you.

#2 was much stronger here and I can just repost exactly what I did earlier.
https://www.gog.com/forum/general/oakwood_village_forum_mafia_game_42/post1040
Your interpretation of Stanari as the definitive counter wagon when she had all of one vote at the time is a bit out of touch with reality.
That's you being out of reality and being full on smarmy. Trying to set me up obviously. Even discounting Sushi's death which reduced the wagon how the F do you count two as one?

PS #3 is further down.
PPS Is it Nacho|Tammy|Stan|Babark on the Native team? You can tell us.

Nachomamma8: I am a Native American with a Wolf Totem.
Is this what I think it is? Crazy theory time. Nacho|Tammy for the other scum ball. Making some kind of anti colonialism meta statement, killing wolves, and villagers, for the win. Far out? Well, this is probably sleep deprived me having a brainfart cos then the 2nd NK (hmmm maybe 3rd) makes little sense. Also Yogs is hard to fit in there...

yogsloth: Oh look, I'm achieving glory and becoming a god.
Going to the crapper is not that good a feeling...
Lesson learned I hope. Don't "smoke" and crap. Next thing you know you'll be examining the turd for Jesus.

Nachomamma8: This is quite possibly one of the strangest posts in the game, which l like (especially when he's competing with weirdposting greats such as Bler, Brasas, yogsloth, etc).
In the podium in my first(ish) game? Rookie of the year award incoming.
I want to thank my mamma...

drealmer7: snip
You doubled the Emma. But votecount seems ok.

yogsloth: Nobody else wanted him.
[Cries]

Nachomamma8: Why did you think the timing was awful to pressure Dess here?
If I'm understanding your mindset properly, you didn't really have any strong suspects at the time, you didn't really know where to move... why not move to a perpetual lurker that needs to be resolved somehow?
I did. And I stayed there until the end. In case I'm being subtle, to me this is your strike three on misreping me.

And just for contrast, I have at least some sense of timing and intent to leave a prog for my team to process. Why did you jump on Dess when you did heh? This is the third time I'm asking (granted #2 was in this post higher up...)

Anyway, for the others... this kind of mind archaelogy is difficult you know. I already found my notes inadequate and now this?

I think I did not mean the timing in the game... well I kind of did... but mostly I mean how fast the Dess wagon came about. And how haphazard it felt. I posted clearly (I think) and logically (I think) why I went to Dess. But it felt like no one else did, which was fucked up. At least Tammy felt authentic if bollocks on Logos. (sorry TT...) And now there are all sorts of comments about Dess coming up, which I even find valid scum signs, but where were they then? Hindsight bias is a thing... Also reminding how fast his wagon collapsed that kind of doubles the weirdness. And I will remind that I think Yogs,Trent are getting a huge pass on the No Lynch voting. I think Yogs has not even deigned to mention it?

POST BREAK
Nachomamma8: I also see that Brasas has finally crawled out of his shell
The turtle avatar guy was Dess... speaking of which.

babark: Big mistake, obviously, I meant Lift, not Dess.

..I swear, I'm paying attention!
Are you playing for the derpclear? Who coached you? Are you also on the Native American team?

TammyTown: snip
Thanks. I think Nacho is gaslighting me. Is he gaslighting me?

yogsloth: This game is trucking along nicely to resolve itself. I think it highly likely the three of us above will have to be murdalized at some point, so even if Town mis-lynches three times, the game should still be live (3 vs 2). And there will be information gathered to help further narrow the field of suspects.

Relax, kick back, and let's start brutally snuffing you poor suckers in the POE, shall we?
I said ^ this ^ way back, only decided to focus on the multiball scenario (Bler, pay attention now will you?) partially because it is the most dangerous to my faction (town duh) and partially because of (thanks Nacho for giving me the words if nothing else) the unexplained killing power.

And now you say it, and you get the attention, and it suddenly ressonates around? I'm not jealous at all...

PS: Ok, so I was not explicit about the obvious NK targets, but given my no vote list for D2, and what I said end of D1 about scum having loads of targets higher prio than me. It's freaking implicit. Sometimes I think no one is paying attention... other than Bler, but he is so promiscuous...

Also in case it's not obvious, in the multiball scenario the fact most of you don't give a fuck about discussing/considering the multiball scenario (oh, it's soooo hard) reads scummy as all fuckout. The best case scenario will resolve itself, the worst case scenario won't so easily. And I'm not a one man army.

bler144: Ok, re-read all of that. Damn you.
[hurrying up]

Depends on tunneling definition. IF you mean to imply I am focusing on Nacho to the detriment of looking at others I flatout reject such implication. IF you mean I am making a case for why Nacho is scummy and ignoring exculpatory evidence... well duh... Am I supposed to attack and defend him at the same time? Bollocks. It's already hard to compartmentalize all the possibilities as it is.

Nacho Lurks, then he doesn't, then he does again, then he doesn't. He's good like that. I defined lurking if you didn't notice. It is not conditional on value of contributions. Like you are the opposite of a lurker, but I'd lynch you in a heartbeat right now as policy - and not because of the claim. Yogs' maskirova later on is hilarious in that context: There's no way any scum faction NKs you, despite your townyness.

"Fucker looking better" referred to my noticing he is a good competent player, which I was not seeing up to a point. What you basically said about the overall tenor of his contributions. When I detach from the color coming from his misreps it's like Mr NachoHyde goes back to being Dr Jekyll Mamma VIII.

On Wyrm|Nacho I would have to dig through the notes on Wyrm as well to source the pings. No time really. I'll see about getting back to it later I guess.

PS on the quote I left - karmic justice Bler... payback is a bitch :P

bler144: snip
Now this is a jumble. But some stuff helped as well. And the jokes are good.

I might be defining pocketing idiosyncratically...

I +1 the ask on Tammy to revisit Nacho.

What does the cookie comment even mean?
Whatever, let's park the moral philosophy debate for after the game I guess.

Largerish teams I'll have to get myself on that mind space to rem where it came from. It had to do with larger scum teams being likely less aware they were playing in multiball and target selection related to that. That's something I've been thinking about just not posting at all on. So parking this for later since it is actually the topic I care most about regarding setup to make sense of the game.

3 kills should be obvious in light of my earlier comment on 5|5|5: one lynch, two scum on scum night kills. Assuming very few town left alive. Duh... But that's the "best" case scenario as I can't imagine even larger scum contingents, but can certainly imagine smaller ones.
yogsloth: Don't vote me; I'm Town because if I were Scum and lift were Town, I'd be laying low and letting it happen instead of bopping about with barns and fires and death and such.
Uh, yeah, don't buy it.

yogsloth: As noted, I don't hate the Lift lynch, even though it's not my first choice. I'm looking at this through a POE lens.
@yogs - I assume Brasas is your first choice? Anyone else a top choice?

I'm trying to think through if Lift/yogs rounding out the scum team makes sense in a single team scenario. Verdict is still out.
yogsloth: So, right, Lift is scum because he's barely noticed he's about to die, and a Townie would have more righteous indignation.
Yea, sure. How very convenient. And if I would show some indignation you would say: oh, looks like we hit a mark. He must be scum! ... Whatever I do, you will twist it to your use. That shows you're not interested in actual analysis of my behaviour or of what I write. You are just looking for excuses.
Hell, you even admit it: "yea, Lift isn't my first choice, but I'm to lazy to actually build a case against someone else!" ... So when I'm lynched and flip town, you can always point to that 'Lift wasn't my first choice'. That is scum building a defense for the next day.

And Nacho: yes, on Day1 I thought the explanation that babark is scum the most likely. I revised that later - especially after the claim WHICH WASN'T COUNTERCLAIMED. So on Day2, with still no counter claim, the likelihood of babark being scum dropped considerably. So you pick out something I wrote early on Day1 to build a case on that? Ignoring everything that went in between? What? Are townies in your world not allowed to change their opinion when new developments occur? Or are you just desperately grabbing for anything that you can justify your permanent vote on me with? I rather suspect it's the latter and that you, like yog, are not interested in scum hunting but only in excuses, because you are scum yourself!

So. I really would like to lynch one of the Nacho/Yog team today. But it looks like that isn't happening. Unless Stanari rectifies her vote so that it actually means something. So please just lynch one of these two tomorrow after you know that I was telling the truth

Time for my claim: I live, as you know, outside the village on my farm and I have cows. I have several meadows for the cows on clearings and the edge of the forest, where I can drive them to when necessary. Only I know the location of all these meadows and if I decide to spend the night in a shed on one of my meadows, I can't be found. In other words: I'm a limited shots Commuter (Town, of course). I didn't use my power on Night 1, but stayed home and did nothing, since I didn't see myself as likely NK target (having gathered enough suspicion that scum would want to keep me around for Day 2). The exact number of shots doesn't matter now and should I survive through a miracle, it's better if scum doesn't know.

Well, now go ahead and lynch me. But as I said: please consider lynching Yog or Nacho next!

Other reads for posterity:
Tammy - obvitown. Basically an innocent child with Daykill and Nightkill power. And I really wonder what scum still has in store for balancing such a powerful role! So far we just got two werewolves without any modifiers and I wonder what else is there. Either scum must have some very powerful role(s) too, or there are more than usual.

babark - leaning town. Unless a worrier is actually a bodyguard and a missing doctor is one thing offsetting the killing innocent child, town really should have a doctor with so many killing roles about. So it's possible that babark is scum, but others are much scummier.

Ix - I don't see why people see him as certified town. As I stated previously his claim is still unconfirmed, since he didn't find out anything that scum couldn't have claimed to have found out too. So: neutral.

Stanari: you're not going to like this, but by now I have her actually leaning town. I still don't like her style, but I take Tammys word for it that it IS her style and not a sign of scumminess. Scum would probably have taken the chance to vote for the weak target (me), so I have begun to doubt my previous assessement (Yea, I know, Nacho: changing my mind means that I must be scum in your world!)

bler: talks way too much, but he always does. Might be town spamming out of excitement. Might be scum hiding behind volume. Neutral.

Trent: playing definitely different from other games. Contributes less, explains less, goes for the easy target. Either he has a serious RL problem reducing his dedication to the game or he is scum. Leaning scum.

Cristi: nothing concrete, but from the feeling leaning town.

The rest: neutral. Nothing I can really pin on them.

So my (probably final) advice: kill Yogs and Nacho next and if the game isn't won by then, kill Trent after that. In any case town is off to a good start (two for two is an awesome result for Night 1) and my train will give you something to work with. Make use of it!
bler144 has been penalized

---------------------------------------------

all SUNDOWN posts MUST be arguments for/against someone's lynch
Post edited October 07, 2016 by drealmer7
Lifthrasil: So my (probably final) advice: kill Yogs and Nacho next and if the game isn't won by then, kill Trent after that. In any case town is off to a good start (two for two is an awesome result for Night 1) and my train will give you something to work with. Make use of it!
I can see the case for yogs, I have found his game way off from what I normally expect from him. I don't see the case against Nacho though, after Tammy and bler he is my strongest town read. If Nacho is scum he has me fooled.

I also like your post, to me it reads as a strong town post and I think lynching you would be a mistake.

Unvote Lifthrasil

Going to go over my top two suspects at the moment.

1. yogsloth: His game has felt off and I am unsure what to make of it. He said he is trying to play it different, but I'm not sure that's not just an excuse after it being pointed out by so many about his odd behavior. I also don't understand why at the start of the day he seemed to think he earned a free pass and looked so town, the only person for me that earned a free pass was Tammy. If I had to guess I would say yogs is some sort of neutral this game with his own agenda. He does not seem committed to helping town but acts more like a person trying to appease everyone at the same time. It's like he's trying to say "hey I'm here but don't pay too much attention to me".

2. cristigale: I think she is scum. cristi plays a very subtle game whether town or scum, but the feeling I get after going back over her posts is she's scum trying to appear as townie as possible but not so much that she draws a lot of attention. She claimed during the day yesterday that she did not want a no lynch to happen yet at the end of the day she put her vote on yogsloth who was not going to be lynched. She defended dessimu earlier stating his scum game was much better than his town game and since he was not playing as well as he had in the past she could not see him being scum (post 1323). What I would typically have expected to see from cristi was a vote on dessimu at that point if she was town. In any game I've played with her where she's been town she will make sure a lynch happens by the end of the day and her placing her vote on yogsloth makes me think she was trying to appear townie by actually voting but making sure she did not vote her buddy and get him lynched.

Vote cristigale
Nachomamma8: From Bler, I'd like to hear more talk about yogsloth;
Are you kidding me with this?
Whoever asked me why I'm putting Ix on a tier with Tammy: I'm not; they're only comparable.

Lift you know I'm voting you right?

Commuter claim is interesting. Given the amount of presumed town protective power...grr.

(If bler and Lif are some kind of opposed scum this would actually feel disturbingly symmetric.)

All my not-townreads are not-townreading each other. This is weird. So is the abrupt temperature change on cristi?

Also: worth trying to figure out who Quad would have protected?
aaaaaan I once again forgot the Sundown rules. Waiting for my penalty too.

So.

Brasas is Scum because he's wearing mis-matched socks. You should vote for him.
EBWOP: Ix is my only strong behavioral tr though. Let's not lynch him.
Unvote Lifthrasil

I think I buy that claim what with everything else going on.

In any case, I think I'm just done posting. Will pop in to vote bleep and unvote blorp enough to avoid modkill, but...doesn't really seem much reward (perhaps I'm hinting quite the opposite) for actually trying to, y'know, play.

I'm trying to follow the rules to a t, dangit.
Vote bler144

Despite making an effort, bler's going to get modkilled anyway D3 if not D2, so best to see his flip.

While I'm tempted to say brasas v. nacho needs to be resolved, at least as a distraction. But I don't really have a strong opinion. Nacho a slight edge in play but also a strong edge in skill, so pretty offsetting.

But at this point my overriding concern is this game will be a clusterfuck if I go out with no flip. I'm the center of way too much activity, and ambiguity about who/what I actually am is going to make the game really hard for town to solve and win.

Might rescind this if drealmer indicates I'll actually flip when (not if) he modkills me. I thought #1590 was in the spirit of the sundown requirements, but apparently not technically enough for already being on warning for that (plus the weblink on D1, plus whatever else I did).
Oooookay that's town. Probably.

If that isn't, I hate you.
bler144:
Interesting. I was considering switching my vote to you after yogs went nowhere (and I was actually liking trenton's last post) and this just seems like trying way too hard to be town.

Question - was Bookwyrm actually a mason? I guess real question is, were you his mason buddy?