It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Brasas: Actually, let me be explicit... I suspect I'm too subtle for my own good sometimes. That ^ was me throwing shade on my game focus again: Nacho. Via Yogs, but still Nacho.
I need to do some actual work and don't want to do a ton of re-reading today - don't suppose you could point to a post that lays out your nacho case exactly? And if there isn't one yet, could it like, magically appear?

Personally, in multi- I could see a trent->nacho team (but not necessarily a nacho->trent) team more than a yogs/nacho team, but I'm not going to lynch nacho just to test it, esp. since if anything he's the weak link in my theory, much like yogs seems to be the weak link in your theory, but you seem to be chasing him largely because he's lower-hanging fruit.

Is that a fair assessment or am I misrepping you?

Other question, in the gamestate up to 1-2 hours ago, why would buddy!yogs need to run interference for buddy!nacho anyway? Most of that coming before voting even opens. Maybe I'm just not paying enough attention to others' opinions of him, but take yogs off the table - where do 6 votes for nacho come from?
Brasas: you are indeed brilliant at pushing. You manage through sheer willpower to half convince me I'm scum.
Sorry, not trying to put all the focus on you here, but this line also poked at me a bit.

I mean, I'm not you and I was making fun of yogs case as weak sauce. For his standards this (and most of the game) is lazy-ass pushing. Which is what's making him look suspicious, ironically.

So what exactly was it he said that "half-convinced you"? Or is this just rhetorical flourish?

While I don't disagree, generally speaking, that he can be a master manipulator, one thing he's not doing (imo) is employing those skills in the service of getting you lynched.

Are you making a real case here, or just making small-talk?
Nachomamma8: Tammy - What are you seeing in Lift that makes you think that he might be town? Were there any posts that you thought looked townish or that made you laugh?
I don't have any particular posts in mind just his general demeanor in some instances which feel kinda earnest. Like wow guys what do you think happened there? I have to head out for an errand real quick but there was the post where he was concerned about stanari v. dessimu that i kind of liked.

But I'm no sure that that can or does override the other problematic things such as him thinking babark was town, or at least not seeing the scum case, then finding a reason to vote his town read because none had hammered basically and to get the day moving. Then babark claims and he thinks that no lynch is a bad idea but instead of voting dessimu he starts a new wagon on yogsloth which helped to ensure a no lynch did happen.

He can't even use the he thought stanari was scum and so scum were pushing the dess wagon because stanari herself was town reading dess by that point.

Also, not a big fan of yogsloth. I thought maybe that yesterday he really was bogged down by real life but today it almost feels like he's rubbing it in our faces that he's not doing anything and every time he does say something game relevant, it feels like he's mocking the game. That might not be a good word, it feels sarcastic, like he doesn't believe anything he says and he's twirling his mustache while smoking cigar going mwahahahaha I don't have to do anything ANYTHING!
Oh I forgot to say that I fell asleep in the middle of rereading sees so that answer is a bit incomplete. I want to finish reading through free and re and see if there is anything relevant for lift and probe yog too
TammyTown: snip
Posts from other games of Lift's if that would help you.

Yog's Dungeon game, Lift was neutral 1-shot SK
D1
Arguing logic of who to lynch D1 (adalia, VT) with some tone notes
Arguing it again as a more purely strategic/logical premise
Speaking to adalia and prepping to join the wagon to help push it over (scum-hijack hammers)
D2
Deeply upset about town losing a role cop overnight and coming out firing skipping ahead
D3
OMGUS vote on me. That said, he could well have truly thought I was mafia since he was a singlet

Academy Game - vanilla town, lurking due to RL obligations, also RPed quite a bit. So some similarities (RP) but some differences (frequency esp) to this game, where I'd say his participation is roughly average (NAI):
Crazy theory about Hunter (town doctor) having inside knowledge b/c of something about an old anime series
Voting for Dess (VT)
Responding to pressure from another VT...and then he was lynched.

Will pull a few quotes from actual scum games or other town games if you like. It was just easier to look at games I played in and remember the general flow from so as to avoid taking something out of context.

He did kindly provide a list of other games, so in your re-read you could certainly seek out your own comparisons as well. ;)
TammyTown: Also, not a big fan of yogsloth. I thought maybe that yesterday he really was bogged down by real life but today it almost feels like he's rubbing it in our faces that he's not doing anything and every time he does say something game relevant, it feels like he's mocking the game. That might not be a good word, it feels sarcastic, like he doesn't believe anything he says and he's twirling his mustache while smoking cigar going mwahahahaha I don't have to do anything ANYTHING!
Unfortunately real life really has been a consistent issue this whole game; I'd just prefer not to make excuses. I'm actually looking at that MU game starting on Monday - where I thought we'd be done here - and groaning. Wyrm, I hope you can carry the mail.

I'm not trying to mock this game, but I admit beyond the issues I have in RL, I am taking a different approach anyway. Why? Because I'm tired of the "yog is suspicious because of X, Y, Z crap reasons".

When I prove Town after this game all my good friends, GOG and MU alike, can say "wow, that moron was Town the entire time? wtf?"

And then next time I act like this I will be scum twirling my moustache at you all while you say "gee, he's playing just like he did in that Oakwood game, he must be Town again".

Muah ah ha ha ha ha ha.
yogsloth: When I prove Town after this game all my good friends, GOG and MU alike, can say "wow, that moron was Town the entire time? wtf?"
Oh, I won't be surprised. I mean, I said way back at the beginning that you were town!

I mean, sure, after I said you were scum.

And then after town I said you were neutral. And then definitely neutral. And then maybe scum. And then neutral or kinda town.

But now you're definitely probably town!

And that's definitely not going to change right now.
We should all start lynching each other like in Turbo games where you have 18 minutes to decide.

"Frozen"

"Awkward"

"Feels off"

What's Lift at, anyway? L-2?

I haven't f***ed with the flavor in some time. All I got is stills full of liquid death and a bunch of smelly dogs, and I think I've run out of potential there. I really thought something cool could come of it but it seems flavor is just begatting more flavor without having an impact.

Oh hey, f*** you text editor, "begatting" is totally a word. Get your red wavy crap out of here. No, look, I know it's not a word, but I'm saying it is a word, capiche?

Apparently "capiche" is also not a word.

I'm wondering if I should send in some instructions to investigate the Bard of Excruciating Death.

Charming place, I'm sure.

I think I might do that.
yogsloth: What's Lift at, anyway? L-2?

I haven't f***ed with the flavor in some time. All I got is stills full of liquid death and a bunch of smelly dogs, and I think I've run out of potential there. I really thought something cool could come of it but it seems flavor is just begatting more flavor without having an impact.
1) I believe so, but given the game design it's really more like "Mid-day is at L-2"...and then you chat some more about stuff and unvote and whatever.

2) So are you saying you ate all the goddamned bacon?

I'd be really upset about that if I weren't still kinda baked from last night.
Holy crap my phone made a mess of that post. It should say that I fell asleep in the middle of rereading dess, and I wanted to reread through dess and rw.
I don't think yog is a wolf. 3P? Quite possible.

Down for a barn expedition fwiw. Who knows? Might find that missing wolf.
TammyTown: Holy crap my phone made a mess of that post. It should say that I fell asleep in the middle of rereading dess, and I wanted to reread through dess and rw.
And here I'd been hoping to hear your thoughts on free and re.
bler144: 1) I believe so, but given the game design it's really more like "Mid-day is at L-2"...and then you chat some more about stuff and unvote and whatever.

2) So are you saying you ate all the goddamned bacon?

I'd be really upset about that if I weren't still kinda baked from last night.
BARN of death. BARN. Sorry.

1) Good point. Why bother? Cruel world.

2) EVERY LAST BITE. I was really high at the time. I blame you.
Stanari: I don't think yog is a wolf. 3P? Quite possible.
I was going to make a C3PO joke but it was lame. Even mentioning the lame joke is kinda lame.

But in the time it took me to write the joke, decide it sucked, and comment on how much it sucked, I figured out what 3P meant.

So score!

yogsloth: 2) EVERY LAST BITE. I was really high at the time. I blame you.
Are you sure in your haze you didn't, like, eat RW?

I don't think this village actually has pigs. I'd thought I had them at the start but that was just what I wanted to do with Howard before he died. Rest his soul. Now it's just the chickens.

Soylent bacon is people! Or possibly werewolf.
Stanari: Down for a barn expedition fwiw. Who knows? Might find that missing wolf.
Yep. Time to make some shit happen.

Instructions sent in.

Marie, I'm going in the barn.