It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

drealmer7: was going to post the change of stages but I've got to go through and make sure bler isn't talking in code and that is going to take a while

9am wednesday, the time and day I said everyone had to have a contributory post by, is when I planned to switch the stages, fyi (I can't figure how that was hard to guess.)
trentonlf: All of his bolded statements were anagrams to vote lift. Also, if bler was speaking in code who would he be speaking to? If you just outed bler as scum that would be rather harsh.
Very sorry for causing confusion. I was just being silly, I'm not trying to see if there was code (it did seem obvious that it wasn't, so thought it was a safe joke.) I just had to catch up on the thread.
Post edited October 05, 2016 by drealmer7
it is now:

MID-DAY -

The Day and it's discussions are under way, and things are certainly warming up, to say the least. Players MAY VOTE during this stage.

note: all votes are reset at the start of each Day

--------------------------------------------------------------

ALL PLAYERS (still alive) must post a CONTRIBUTORY POST* by : Friday 8PM US eastern time.

CONTRIBUTORY POST:

means that you must comment on something game/situation-related, YOU MUST give some feedback on something someone has said / something that has happened that is game-related - give some sort of analysis, perspective, insight or, anything that in the essence of the setup can be considered that you participated to a level that shows you take the village's matter seriously and want to handle the situation at hand.
Post edited October 05, 2016 by drealmer7
trentonlf: All of his bolded statements were anagrams to vote lift. .
Damn, THAT's what it was? Hunh.

Brasas: Despite the "All cretans are liars" mindfuckery, this is as good a place as any to try to respond to this senseless slander (which went on) in as disciplined way I can.
"Senseless slander"?

HOOORAY!!!!

I mean, that's a kind of evidence in a court of law, right?

Nachomamma8: I'm fairly confident that the remaining scum are as simple as yogsloth/Lift
Hunh. And I was coming around to Brasas/Nacho. Maybe I'm waaaaaay off.
Tammy - What are you seeing in Lift that makes you think that he might be town? Were there any posts that you thought looked townish or that made you laugh?
Just waking up and going through

bler144: 4) Jeesh, you are the paranoid one.
Brasas: duh, it's the name of the game?
I'll double-check, but I'm preeeetty sure it's called "forum mafia." Or "Oakwood Village" if you want to be more specific to this game.
Vote: Sean-O!

That was an extremely, extremely lucky bump - I forgot that I couldn't double post here.

Yogsloth, what makes you think that Lift is town?
Nachomamma8: Vote: Sean-O!

That was an extremely, extremely lucky bump - I forgot that I couldn't double post here.

I haven't yet opined on Lift.

Truth be told, I do find his... sort of oddball way of theorizing to be pretty consistent with his Town meta - but that's maybe not obvious.

But then again... I'm not sure I've seen Scum lift.

I've sort of been holding him at arm's length this game as a "solve later" kind of thing.
Nachomamma8: Vote: Sean-O!

yogsloth: I haven't yet opined on Lift.

Truth be told, I do find his... sort of oddball way of theorizing to be pretty consistent with his Town meta - but that's maybe not obvious.

But then again... I'm not sure I've seen Scum lift.

I've sort of been holding him at arm's length this game as a "solve later" kind of thing.
What did you think of Lift defending Dessimu? Or did you not opine there either?
Vote Lifthrasil

After going back over posts from yesterday lift is the one I find most suspect. The think that jumped out most to me was his behavior with dessimu as I stated in post 1427.
Nachomamma8: What did you think of Lift defending Dessimu? Or did you not opine there either?
Brasas stuck out more.

I wouldn't hate a Lift lynch, though.
trentonlf: All of his bolded statements were anagrams to vote lift. Also, if bler was speaking in code who would he be speaking to? If you just outed bler as scum that would be rather harsh.
Meh, still town.

FWIW, the two cases I can think of where we saw obvious use of "code" one was scumyogs in Lift's game trying to brag for posterity (not communicate with teammates) with his LLYAIFIUHFAOIJ bit; and the other was townKrypsyn trying to secret claim with townflub in my game over the "Miller" thing (as noted earlier, I think, Krypsyn was commuter but named "Miller" and flub was a Miller named Rose - and Krypsyn thought they might be dual-roles, a la the two cops).

Scum using code to talk amongst themselves tend to, y'know, try to be discrete. I believe you/HSL/cristi had some codeword in the academy game, and I know our team had codephrases in the all-scum game. Like you describing your breakfast after killing yogs.

Bolded Lift anagrams? Not subtle.

Lifthrasil: snip
Two things:

1) Does your read on babark's claim change at all if you interpret Quad's flip as "bodyguard"-like? Does town get a bodyguard and a doctor both? And why?

Or are you assuming Quad was 'watcher'? And if so, putting yourself in the mind of scum, why do you NK someone who's lurkbait for a potential mislynch down the road?

2) Yeah, I didn't ask you about FantasySci's failure to hammer, largely because she was a newb. All she had to do was vote to end the game so there wasn't any consideration about having to defend the vote afterwards. Here there is.

So I asked you about the game you were just in where two relative vets (Wyrm/agent) were in position to push home a game winning wagon and didn't seemingly because there was a chance it could miss and blow back in their face. Do you see a difference?

Brasas: Marie, I don't feel like making out today.

I will say that when I saw Wyrm had bought it, mystified as I was, at least I thought the amount of trolling would diminish and the game would be easier to read. Congrats on proving me wrong.
Not sure why you're grumpy with me, uh...whatever your name is, but I just basically laid out the whole case for why it <could> be you busing to play devil's advocate and then concluded I wasn't that impressed with the case either.

But it's fine. I didn't want to make out with you anyway, what with all those cold sores you've got.

Ixamyakxim: It IS a bit of a big deal. Assuming babark was town, that should have been an easy hammer right there for scum, assuming (again) that there was still a scum off the wagon to hammer.
This is for both you and Lift - as Tammy (and myself, and others) have noted, there is no "hammer" here, or at least not in "mid-day" or "evening" phases, which is when babs was at L-1.

You don't just get to flop a vote and then pack it in for the night. You have to stand around and defend your vote, and a suspicious looking maj vote might even spook others off the wagon. That's why the premise doesn't hold water in this game, even if you want to debate whether it does/could in a regular game.

Since I can - Vote Lifthrasil
bler144: FWIW, the two cases I can think of where we saw obvious use of "code" one was scumyogs in Lift's game trying to brag for posterity (not communicate with teammates) with his LLYAIFIUHFAOIJ bit;
You know I was Town that game, right?

Man, you really do think I'm Scum every single time. You even re-write history to make it so in your mind.
let's go

vote lifthrasil !!!!!!
yogsloth: You know I was Town that game, right?

Man, you really do think I'm Scum every single time. You even re-write history to make it so in your mind.
Lol.

FWIW, I think that was the last time Wyrm totally snowed me. cristi I never quite sorted, but I had Wyrm as totes town (so wrong) and eeevveryone else besides him and maybe cristi as clearly scum (correct).

Still, even if I'd sorted him correctly I'm not sure it would've been in time to save the game - Drealmer was too intent on keeping his "confused townie" cover, and even if I'd known cristi was scum I'm not sure I'd have known which faction, whereas flub-hijack-Ix was glaringly obvious.

And....hey, I've gone like 16 straight hours in this game kinda townreading you on a wacky theory. I mean, sure, I was sleeping for 8 of those, but whatevs. And which will probably turn out to be a mistake...but I'm townreading you!

Let's just enjoy it while it lasts.
bler144: And....hey, I've gone like 16 straight hours in this game kinda townreading you on a wacky theory. I mean, sure, I was sleeping for 8 of those, but whatevs. And which will probably turn out to be a mistake...but I'm townreading you!

Let's just enjoy it while it lasts.
pocketed

feels good

Now do I buss my buddy Lift? Is it too late to get Town cred for it?