It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Bookwyrm, as a reminder, here is my post again:

Bookwyrm627: Events are usually not a thing on GOG. However, I'm claiming that they are a thing, in some fashion, in this particular game. I don't know the extent, but they are a thing.

You should trust absolutely everything I say, btw. I'll vouch for it.
Nachomamma8: It's my personal expectation that if you were specially informed of Events being a thing that you would bring it up as soon as possible; your timing seemed off and I don't see how it enriches the game in any way shape or form to inform one player of Events as opposed to the playerlist as a whole. Sorry if I'm being a "wet blanket", I'm kind of known for being one of those :(
I didn't say your timing was suspicious. I said it was off. I also apologized for being a "wet blanket" because I was ruining your trolling.
Brasas: 1 - Did he? Where?

2 - I consider this my first, but maybe it's my third, or second. I played a resistance game, and then an open setup 7 player one. This is a completely different feel so far.

Do tell us more how that makes you read.
1) Posts 1007 and 1008 Bler was going so far as to claim specific and limited lists of scum teams in association with Babark as if other combinations were impossible.

2) Thought I noticed something possibly scummy, but on a rather advanced level and wasn't sure how many games you had under your belt. Pretty sure it was my paranoia setting in (nothing to do with game flavor - not a breadcrumb). Sometimes I start having scum reads on everyone.

I've noticed by looking at past games, mafia usually try to stay off town wagons on Day 1. They will either be not voting or more likely have their vote parked on a wagon going nowhere, quite often their scum buddies to create distance. Usually no more than half end up on the wagon, often only 1 and sometimes it's all town. They let town do the dirty work and at best reluctantly join to get the only lynch possible before deadline. So your explanation in 1019 pinged me a bit as reminiscent of others using this tactic and gracefully bowing out of a particular wagon. But there is a fine line between theatrics and honesty . Suffice it to say, with that few games under your belt, and that Stan's wagon isn't as stagnant as I'd expect for this tactic, and how polished the post is...I'm pretty sure I was reading too much into it.

I'm trying to see who might be good scum candidates if I end up being wrong about Docbear. The point about the lack of a counterwagon is interesting, but at least in GoG games, scum tends to sit back off the wagon and let town second-guess themselves. We tend to have a lot of wagons just collapse of lack of inertia here, maybe something to do with the longer days. Just trying to see who might be trying to hide in plain sight if that makes any sense. Either way, Doc/Babark town or scum, I suspect most if not all on the early wagon are town.
what if dessimu wagon
The problem was an extra /quote tag.
------------------------------------

Nachomamma8: Why are the cases against you flimsy? What makes you think the reasons people are pushing you aren't reasons they believe in?
"Flimsy" and "believe" aren't mutually exclusive. Someone can genuinely believe in a flimsy case.

PPE: Side note: I'm done with the "event timing" discussion if you are.

Stanari: I don't understand why claiming compulsive is such a big deal?
Stanari:
Because a role being "compulsive" is unusual, and for a town investigative role it is almost completely unnecessary. There would have to be some very, very strange circumstances for a townie with an investigate role NOT to want to use their power. [Bler shot first]

PPE: Like maybe one or more PGO (PBO?). Though it looks to me like Bler isn't sure what will happen either. The similarity in uncertainty about self role makes me wonder if Bler and Ix are on the same team. The strong claim from Bler about Stanari makes me wonder about them being on the same team, or Bler having some other role.

Bookwyrm627: "Have fun, kids!"
Brasas: How condescending :P
The only reason I wasn't right is because another death has (presumably) lowered the number needed to lynch. So suck it up. :P

Brasas: Pinging these to state the obvious - it's Stan vs Babark.
I've seen "Stanari versus Babark!" more than once now. Bah. Stanari doesn't have a wagon to speak of, considering that the only two people on it so far have both been discussed more often as lynch candiates than she has, and no one else has shown any inclination to touch her wagon with a 10 foot pole (PPE: until Brasas, anyway).

Just to make life difficult for you indecisive ninnies:
Unvote Stanari.

cristigale: Let's clear this up.

@Bookwyrm - did you claim the mafia role Mason? (Not your character's occupation but the role in the game unrelated to flavor)
Now why would I answer that question?

Lifthrasil: Yes, please. And this time not with words that can be interpreted one way or the other! Are you a power-role Mason or not?
This should be pretty unequivocal: Regardless of my purpose, I think clarifying at this stage of the game would defeat it. Therefore, I'm not telling.

babark: and I might even end up getting killed by mafia!
That's the spirit! Aim to collect all of the different endings!

Stanari: Oooooh.

Do you really policy PGOs?
Not necessarily. Part of it depends on believability of player/claim.

bler144: @Wyrm - what are your thoughts on the vote spread and general gamestate?
"Blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah".

Yog doesn't feel town; with that in mind, I'm considering the pros and cons of leaving him alive. Even non-hostile neutrals become more dangerous to town as the game progresses (remember how fast Arthur Dent jumped to help scum?).

RWarehall: @Brasas How many games have you played? I ask because it plays a part in how I read you. (Sorry, I haven't been paying attention to the games I've not been playing lately)
I believe this is his third game on GOG. First was the Resistance game that Leonard hosted (not really mafia), then he played the tiny game that Vitek just did, and now this. By his own admission, he's been observing for awhile.

Brasas: From the top this time. Overall, until and when the wagon on Lift overtakes Stan's I am sticking. I am eyeing the Lift wagon fondly though.
Have fun storming the castle!
PPE: Oh, Lift came back. Oh well.

trentonlf: The issue with the way babark decided to vote was the only people he even considered looking at were the ones on his wagon. As far as he is concerned everyone on his wagon is scum and no one else. How is that a townie move?
I wasn't on his wagon at any point, and he apparently considered me suspicious. *shrug*

yogsloth: So if we want to actually end this Day, it's Babark or nobody, right?
Lift will probably help you vote me, if you're really eager for a second wagon with any chance of going somewhere.
BLOOD BLOOD BLOOD BLOOD KILL KILL KILL KILL KIIIIIIIIIILLLLLLLLLLLLLLL

AIIEIEIIIIEIEIEEIEIEIIEIEIEEEEEEEE
kill kill kill kill kill

kill
Poor Babark. Looks like it really is "Thanks for replacing in. Time to die!"
Bookwyrm627: This should be pretty unequivocal: Regardless of my purpose, I think clarifying at this stage of the game would defeat it. Therefore, I'm not telling.
I think that's quite scummy. However, since no one else seems inclined to take issue with your evasiveness, I'll stick to my original plan: wait until tomorrow. If you survive the night and tomorrow it is revealed that you are not a Mason after all, perhaps someone else will see that as scummy too.

This game really bothers me. There are some people that reek of scumminess - but everyone ignores that. Apparently I am the only one that finds evasiveness and breadcrumbing or half-claiming scummy. No one wants to vote Stanari in spite of her evasive non-answers. Everyone gives Bookwyrm a free pass. No one even votes Yogs, even though he has basically been screaming 'I am scum' for some time now. I can understand that some people suspected bler. I can understand that bler suspects me out of pure habit. But the one top suspect I do not understand: what exactly makes babark so scummy? And I wonder just how many scum are on that train. My guess is: at least one (Stanari), but probably more.
Or I am totally wrong again and babark IS scum. But if so, those on the train: please explain to me what the tell was? Because I am missing it.

I admit I am tempted to lynch babark just so that this stupid Day 1 ends. It has been going on for far too long and talking and talking isn't getting us anywhere. At least his train with a flip would be something to analyze - but I hesitate to kill someone off whom I see as neutral (from his behaviour) or even likely town (from how his wagon formed) when so many more scummy candidates are around.
Lifthrasil: This game really bothers me. There are some people that reek of scumminess - but everyone ignores that. Apparently I am the only one that finds evasiveness and breadcrumbing or half-claiming scummy. No one wants to vote Stanari in spite of her evasive non-answers. Everyone gives Bookwyrm a free pass. No one even votes Yogs, even though he has basically been screaming 'I am scum' for some time now.
Note that I have voted both Stanari and wyrm today. I'm not free-passing those two players.

And look, I'm not screaming anything.

I mean, other than the general desire to feast on blood and offal, but you know that's just par for the course.

I will say:

"Hey have you noticed I am proportionally heavily over-represented in the flavor texts!"

yogsloth: Figuring shit out, since 2014™
Lift: babark and docbear were both dodgy without redeeming towniness.

Why do you think I am being evasive?
yogsloth: snip
Bookwyrm627: snip
You sirs, are huge trolls. I don't see wagons on you going anywhere today, but you better know what you're doing.

Bookwyrm627: Yog doesn't feel town; ...
Oh really? Have you looked in a mirror recently?

Stanari: what if dessimu wagon
Really? A lurker lynch in such a target rich environment?

RWarehall: snip
Thanks for the #s.

As Wyrm said, I lurked many of the games. Lurked, not "observed" - I think I observed one more.

On the rest: heh

QuadrAlien: It has to be said I still think that one could go either way - it certainly seems rather tongue-in-cheek.
Bookwyrmy indeed...

Lifthrasil: So, back to my previous vote for lack of a better alternative.

VOTE Stanari
How bloody convenient Lift. >:(

QuadrAlien: ... this looks like RWarehall's Town game, ...
Tell us more on this please.

yogsloth: "Hey have you noticed I am proportionally heavily over-represented in the flavor texts!"
Teacher's pet? Attention wh... hunter?

What are you doing Yogs?
Brasas: What are you doing Yogs?
Why? What did you hear? It was already dead when I found it.

Uh.

I mean...

G'day mate! Let's put some shrimp on the barbie!
Lifthrasil: I think that's quite scummy. However, since no one else seems inclined to take issue with your evasiveness, I'll stick to my original plan: wait until tomorrow. If you survive the night and tomorrow it is revealed that you are not a Mason after all, perhaps someone else will see that as scummy too.
I am a Mason. I simply refuse to clarify whether I'm a Mason beyond flavor. As stated previously, either I'm trying to soak the NK, or using my flavor as cover to sucker wolves into not killing my PR, or setting up so my budd(ies) can get fully confirmed.

Regardless of which one it is, clarifying whether or not I'm a Mason role doesn't help my objective. If you aren't sure whether I'm scum trying to fake claim, then look at my other posts and try to form an opinion from those.

Lifthrasil: No one wants to vote Stanari in spite of her evasive non-answers.
If there were any real support for her lynch, I might still be on that wagon.

Lifthrasil: Everyone gives Bookwyrm a free pass.
1) Cristi seemed inclined to go with your view, and Brasas has been itching for any halfway decent reason to lynch me all game. 2) I think most people are waiting to see how it pans out. I'm pretty sure the "free pass" only lasts for today, and it isn't guaranteed.

Lifthrasil: No one even votes Yogs, even though he has basically been screaming 'I am scum' for some time now.
Again, not much support for this lynch. If he's neutral, then it is a toss up as to whether wolves will bother to take care of him. If they think we'll do it, then they have even less reason to do it themselves.

With any luck, he's a serial killer that happens to hit wolves for the first few nights, and they'll have to kill him out of self defense.
Bookwyrm627: Yog doesn't feel town; ...
Brasas: Oh really? Have you looked in a mirror recently?
Just this morning, and I saw the towniest player in this entire game.
Bookwyrm627: ... Brasas has been itching for any halfway decent reason to lynch me all game. ...
BS - there is NO ONE I am itching to lynch, and it's bloody frustrating given all the shit I tried to pull to get reads. Preferring to lynch you over stan is a relative concept. Just like it's a relative concept why I went for Stan instead of babark. If anything Lift is the one drawing my attention right now, especially after his so convenient flip flop vote when I indicated if his wagon crossed Stan's I'd consider changing.

Your removal of the Stan vote especially while forgetting the dead town that reduced that wagon also rings some alarms though. The thing being that instead of making it convenient you freaking rub that in my / our face. Which stupid as it seems would be the kind of shit that I'd read form Yogs as scummy, but from you, not so sure. Your bluffs are brazen, but not so calculated, kind of.

But F you too.