It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

unvote lifthrasil

vote arglebargle

unvote arglebargle

vote lifthrasil

while this isn't the time for a post-mortem, I'm guessing I'm not the only one who wasn't clear on that and think D1 would've almost certainly ended with dess eating it.

Not sure how that plays into RW's flip (or even the other N1 kills), but if we're wrong on Lift tammy's 2nd shot could've been useful to still have in the holster. While one could counter that the kill town-confirmed tammy, she would've looked pretty towny for D2 anyway for being point on Dess' wagon with his lynch.

Anyway, nothing to be done about it now.

Went back and re-read Lift on the ropes in a few prior games. Sigh.

bler144: He also did a lot of role fishing (wyrm multiple times, me, suggesting whoever killed sushi come forward).
Lifthrasil: No, I didn't fish on wyrm. I asked for clarification. I had understood his post as an actual claim, but apparently I was the only one. So I asked for clarification.
If it was just the late-day sequence which had you voting yogs temporarily (1043, which I'm guessing you're referring to, plus 1033 where you propose policy lynching a mason D2), maybe I'd agree, but you also asked him about it earlier in 248 / 354 / 359 the last one basically insisting he blow up the NK-bait he'd - apparently successfully - created.

That's at least 4-5 posts asking him to confirm if it's a real claim or a tease. IDK, if that's not fishing for claim info not necessary to resolving D1, I guess I don't know what fishing is.

I do get your paranoia about wyrm - not because I find him hard to read personally, but I can respect that he might make you paranoid. There are people I know I don't read well.
bler144: I do get your paranoia about wyrm - not because I find him hard to read personally, but I can respect that he might make you paranoid. There are people I know I don't read well.
And also he has even false-claimed before, which has created problems for town before. So I was wary what he was up to.

unvote Yogsloth
vote Nachomamma8

unvote Nachomamma9
vote Yogsloth
Lifthrasil: And also he has even false-claimed before, which has created problems for town before. So I was wary what he was up to.
Perhaps, but surely you'd agree those fake claims came at strategic moments in end game, not just ambling into them on D1 for S&G. Right? It's one thing to be paranoid of him, but slightly odd to lose sight of the fact that a key part of his effectiveness in fake-claiming is his timing.

And his charm and good looks, of course.

unvote lifthrasil

vote nachomamma8

Don't suppose we're going to see that case before the window closes?

unvote nachomamma8

vote lifthrasil

FWIW, I think your vote is still on nacho, there.
bler144: FWIW, I think your vote is still on nacho, there.
Oops. Thanks.

unvote nachomamma8
vote yogsloth

No, you missed my point. The problem with townies fake claiming isn't the timing. It's the fake claiming. It almost always ends up hurting town. Like just now. You know I am a staunch adherer to the tenet: town should NEVER EVER lie! That's what distinguishes us from scum. And you know what fake claiming is? A lie. An early claim is strange, true. Scum wouldn't have any reason to claim this early, neither should town. Therefore I was confused by what looked to me like an early claim and therefore I asked - but got only evasive answers. Which I don't like either. Town doesn't have a reason to be evasive, so that's the point where I got suspicious.

But that's the problem with this game as a whole. Too many people playing it not as a team effort but trying to solo it with their little schemes and plots and lies and traps - which are totally unneccessary for town and end up 'catching' town more often that not. It really destroys the game for me and I have to realize: running a Mafia game is fun. Playing it, not so much. And the more players there are the less fun it is to play, since that brings too many lone wolves, lurkers and other non-team-players with it. And this game specifically suffers from that lack of team spirit more than any previous game.

Sorry for the rant. Was just something that has been stewing for a while and had to be said.
Lifthrasil: running a Mafia game is fun. Playing it, not so much.
As moderator you get to laugh at people running around like headless chickens, and punish the laggards you choose - as player, you are the headless chicken more often than not. I don't intend to play much if at all after this game either. So I feel you on that.

Agree with some points and disagree with others, but such is life.

Too late to fire drill onto nacho? Yes/no?

unvote lifthrasil

vote nachomamma8

As few as 2 hours to deadline and looks like I'm the only one on. So....guess so.

unvote nachomamma8

vote lifthrasil

Depending on drealmer's timing, this may be ta ta til daybreak for me but will check back when home from work just in the odd chance something happens.
It is now:

TWILIGHT

votes are LOCKED! A decision has been made! A LYNCH is about to be held (or not!) - You may continue to converse until the NIGHT post is made.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
votecount / vote count / vote-count / vc

7 villagers want to kill Sean-O'Donnell (Sean-O!) [Lifthrasil] -- Fergus (Nachomamma8), Justin (Stanari), Eric (yogsloth), Sarah (TammyTown), Marie (bler144), Dan (Brasas), Claire (cristigale),

2 villagers want to kill Eric Barton [yogsloth] -- Emma (Ixamyakxim), Sean-O (Lifthrasil),

1 villager doesn't want to kill anyone [no-lynch] -- Laura (babark),

1 villager wants to kill Claire Dwyer [cristigale] -- Emily (trentonlf),
----------------------------------------------------------------------

if your vote is not where you want it to be, send me a PM, quickly, or it might be too late
Post edited October 12, 2016 by drealmer7
We don't have enough mislynches that I'd feel comfortable burning one to test mechanics, but at some point it might be useful to know what unexpected vote shenanigans are in play.

--

Lif, if you are town you have my sincerest apologies.

I wrote two thirds of a reply to 1685 but it seems rude to converse with someone who presumably won't be able to talk back, so I'll just say I kinda disagree and leave it at that.

At any rate, fingers crossed for a scumflip.
Stanari's bizarro NK theory of the day: Quad was killed by something with suspiciously lupine flavor but not actually a wolf.

Dessimu: • Trentonlf is always saint. Even when he is mafia. I expected him to be more talkative now, but there is not much to talk about, other than smart assumptions of people. I feel like trentonlf is now observing people and is being on his guard against the new players. But this I know: Day 2 and further on he will sniff out any scum slip (as town) and lock onto it. Still, being more silent than usual - neutral for now.

• Brasas is one strong persona. He plays very strong as town, don't know his scum play. Seems to be poking players and not without a reason. We played together resistance game here and Brasas guessed correctly almost all scum team very early on. So what I learned is this - his early suspects should be looked very closely at. Looks towny.
Looked back at Dess's reads for the dozenth time, noticed this. Trent read disturbingly fence-sitting-ish. Brasas read disturbingly unwarranted-townread-ish. I kind of want to say this indicates one or the other as scum but I think I need to sit on that.

Another thing of note: he omits Wyrm and Quadr for no discernible reason (paranoid conspiracy theorist in me says that this is related to their imminent death).
Oh hey, it's not just me staring at the thread!

Stanari: We don't have enough mislynches that I'd feel comfortable burning one to test mechanics, but at some point it might be useful to know what unexpected vote shenanigans are in play.
Depends on what he flips and how many NKs roll out, perhaps.

Based on his late day defense I agree with trent that Lift is probably going to flip town, even if what trent chose to do with that likelihood is a bit odd. Not sure what statement he's making there.

At the least, in night reads, I think we have to consider both looking for missing ends with dess, but also the multiball issue.

If Lift is town commuter, and even if we aren't totally sure about Quad, I think we need to revisit multi- team with babs as the defense/anchor for it. Wouldn't be the first time we've seen a mafia doctor.

FWIW, I doubt the Overwatch remark you noted earlier got Quad killed (at least by a GoG player) or that he was teasing something with it. This is a video game site, after all, and he probably was literally playing Overwatch. If he meant that as a tease, it was waaaay too subtle.
Stanari: Stanari's bizarro NK theory of the day: Quad was killed by something with suspiciously lupine flavor but not actually a wolf.
Go back and re-read babark's flavor post in 920.

"But a closer look showed me that the attack couldn't have at all taken place without human involvement, and not just one person. If not through some really insane training, then through...something much darker, God protect us.

I didn't notice it on first pass...really just kinda sunk in right before the clocked ticked to evening while I was re-reading babark to see if I thought he was townier than Lift.

It doesn't exactly speak to werewolves, and yeah, two of the kills (Julie's plus presumably Quad's) don't actually specify being eaten, just bits and pieces.

FWIW, I think brasas is comfortably on the townier side for me now. I'd guess dess was trying to cozy up to him/look harmless. Esp. with the 'early reads' bit. I briefly tried to figure out who that would even point at but didn't get very far with it.
If it's multiball I honestly don't know what I'm going to do. I think flavor strongly supports a werewolf main faction though.

I don't think Quad was necessarily killed for it but it resembles a crumb a lot to me.
bler144: "But a closer look showed me that the attack couldn't have at all taken place without human involvement, and not just one person. If not through some really insane training, then through...something much darker, God protect us.

I didn't notice it on first pass...really just kinda sunk in right before the clocked ticked to evening while I was re-reading babark to see if I thought he was townier than Lift.

It doesn't exactly speak to werewolves, and yeah, two of the kills (Julie's plus presumably Quad's) don't actually specify being eaten, just bits and pieces.
Sorry, you lost me here.

At any rate. Dess's whole readlist is honestly almost entirely casual sussing and blatant buddying.
Stanari: Sorry, you lost me here.
Eating somebody doesn't require training. Just, y'know, teeth.

An appetite and a margarita wouldn't hurt either. Definitely salt on the rim.

Tangential, but the first weekend this game was launching the weekly Oglaf strip was about cannibalism and the hidden joke was "Since you are what you eat, I'm the victim of this crime." Thought it worked for werewolves.

Anyway, I'm out for the night. Hopefully good news on the flip but I'll have to see it manana.
November 26, 1696 -

"Okay, everyone, let's all settle. We've reached a decision, let's get to it. Sean-O, - " the villager speaking pauses, smiles a sorrowful smile while looking directly at Sean-O'Donnell - "Sean," he takes another pause to emphasize the deliberateness of the name-saying, " Regardless of what happens from here on out, know that I love you, respect your value as member of this village, and am sorry it had to come to this."

"It's okay" says Sean. "I understand. Perhaps I haven't been as good a community member as I could have been. I'm sorry I made any of you doubt me and my devotion to this village. Know that I care about you all, deeply, and forgive you. To my home, yes?"

Tears are welling up in several of the villagers eyes as hugs are given, to Sean, and to each other.
After some minutes of goodbyes and farewells, "Come. Let's go. It's time." You all bundle themselves in preparation to go outside. Several villagers lead the way out of the community home and Sean-O follows behind them without resistance, resolved to his fate. A few more villagers follow behind.

The moon is full and high in the sky. The ground is white and all trees but the conifers are bare, leaving the forest feeling open and exposed, and no torches are needed. A few of the villagers head to the barn to bring everyone their horses. The air is cold and the warmth of the previous moments inside the community home quickly changes to frigid dread as you all wait in increasingly uncomfortable silence. The villagers bring back the horses and you all mount and begin to make your way, with haste, through the forest to where Sean lives.

There is entirely too much time between the decision being made and the deed being done for some of you, and you grow more and more ill-at-ease the closer they get to his home.

Everyone keeps looking up at the full moon, and around at each other. Has the right decision been made? What if it has? What if it hasn't? How are we even going to do this? At least he's coming voluntarily, some think. Some naturally have doubts at his guilt, but are resolved to kill him anyway.

The path leads to a clearing in a meadow on the edge of Sean's property, one he uses for grazing his cattle, and the brightness of the moon blasts everyone fully as they make their way down the edge of it, closer to his home. A bird high in the sky might see your procession and think you all were a fast moving snake, as you travel close together, horse butt-to-horse butt, and at a fast pace, not wanting to draw things out longer than necessary. This is not a nice night-ride through a snow-covered forest. This is the worst day of some of your lives.

Finally, you all reach Sean's home, and dismount. Sean stays on his horse, looking up at the moon, his thoughts and focus obviously elsewhere. You are all looking at him, and some of you begin to grow even un-easier than you were before.

"Come on." Someone says, and Sean dismounts. He turns his gaze from the moon to all of you. There are tears frozen on his face.

"Show us. We know it's true" says someone else.

With that, his body quakes, very subtly. Then again, less subtle. And again, strongly, and this time not stopping or receding, but growing into a full-on convulsion. The villagers stare on in awe, and then simultaneously he lets out a loud scream of painful "AHHHHHHRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!!!" and shifts into a Werewolf, and his scream turns into "AAARRWWWROOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!", and he howls to the moon one last time.

Without hesitation, one of you who wanted him killed jumps forward, a silver dagger in your hand, and you stab him in the chest. He shows no resistance, no anger, and has no regrets. He falls dead. He shifts back to human form.

You pull the knife from his chest and throw it to the ground, disgusted. This man was your friend. You burst into tears.

Sean O'Donnell (Sean-O) is DEAD
. He was a Werewolf.
Post edited October 12, 2016 by drealmer7
cristigale: @brasas - if Lift flips scum, does that effect your read on Nacho? (if you don't want to jump hoops to answer now, I understand)
No hoop jumping required anymore. I had forgotten this phase actually...

I don't think it does. But you all can help there... I count on others to point interactions I missed.

I look at reads from two levels - player and gamestate.

Gamestate will become clearer after we see N2 flips and actions, and despite D2 having been much slower and less eventful (pun intended) I can't sort you all into teams, so ilet's see what happens.

Then on players, my read on Nacho comes from an entirely different place as the one on Lift. And I have not really noticed any significant interaction between them to affect that eiher way. Anyone that saw anything please say sumth.

Because I'm so so soooo sure Lift is scum. I kind of have a counterclaim to Lift, with caveats though. I'm sure we'll talk more on that, I was concerned about making a mess earlier.

Lifthrasil: snip
So, who's on your team? What are you? Maybe you'd like to confess?

I'll admit I was impressed that you almost managed to survive. Would have gotten you D3 for sure though and would have been happy to see Yogs' flip now. But still...

Stanari: snip
You know... the weird twin of me not really getting the big deal about commuter whereas everyone else does, is my getting that Quad bought it instead of someone (likely the doc, as the cop would be next in line) whereas everyone seems to be looking at it like it's the Greatest Mystery (TM). What gives? I mean sure can't be 100% proven but it's super neat.

Anyway, nice catches. I rem that. I can say that both the other times I played with Dess he also seemed to buddy up to me. Certainly in the Resistance game that ended up playing into my reading him as scum eventually. He spoke one way, and voted another. And he was right I found the other two scum very nicely and very early. Hijack slipped basically, just it was not evident to most due to less familiarity with the rules. Anyway, what he did not say here is that by game end I had somewhat drifted away from my correct reads. I'm not that un-Bler as I would like to believe ;)

Anyway looking back on it, the weirdest thing about that is what Bler said already. I did not really have significant reads then. Had I even voted yet? Think not... I rem that being early(ish). So in hindsight, he was either setting up to pocket me, or to mislynch me. And actually, assuming there is no permanent scum chat - that could also have been a message to his buddies. Which actually gives me some food for thought... Agent (became RW) and Cristi also played the Resistance game. Wyrm modded it. That still leaves everyone else though.

Thanks Stan, you do dig up some interesting stuff.