It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

mrkgnao: I may be wrong, as I don't have the game, but from what I understand, you only have to play online, not with other people. You can ignore other people.
amok: I always ignore other people....
But because you don't do it online, you don't get quicksilver for it.
mrkgnao: But because you don't do it online, you don't get quicksilver for it.
As TerriblePurpose (with thousands of hours into the game) pointed out way earlier in the thread, it's possible to mine QS in offline play. It's rare, but once you found a source, by tricks like leaving/re-entering the system it's a continuous resource. Coords for systems that have it are covered in FAQs and stuff, and frankly, it motivates me more to explore to find a system like that than playing stoopid generated online missions.

If the QS shop is really unlocked fully without hacks for offline players now, I'd consider the game completely DRM-free again.

If getting the QS is too slow for anybody, they can still simply hack the savegame - otherwise it's just a reward for thorough exploration.
mrkgnao: But because you don't do it online, you don't get quicksilver for it.
toxicTom: As TerriblePurpose (with thousands of hours into the game) pointed out way earlier in the thread, it's possible to mine QS in offline play. It's rare, but once you found a source, by tricks like leaving/re-entering the system it's a continuous resource. Coords for systems that have it are covered in FAQs and stuff, and frankly, it motivates me more to explore to find a system like that than playing stoopid generated online missions.

If the QS shop is really unlocked fully without hacks for offline players now, I'd consider the game completely DRM-free again.

If getting the QS is too slow for anybody, they can still simply hack the savegame - otherwise it's just a reward for thorough exploration.
Yes, but you can't mine QS by ignoring people, even offline...
Thanks for the warning, was awaiting for devs to fix/optimize the game before buyng it but since it won't be complete whitout a connection is best to stay away from it.
low rated
SansearVX: Thanks for the warning, was awaiting for devs to fix/optimize the game before buyng it but since it won't be complete whitout a connection is best to stay away from it.
I believe the issue was fixed by Hello Games in a recent update. Looks like perhaps this thread didn't get updated?
SansearVX: Thanks for the warning, was awaiting for devs to fix/optimize the game before buyng it but since it won't be complete whitout a connection is best to stay away from it.
Time4Tea: I believe the issue was fixed by Hello Games in a recent update. Looks like perhaps this thread didn't get updated?
Yes, it was fixed in patch 3.13.
An up to date list of games with DRM on GOG can be found here: https://www.gog.com/forum/general/drm_on_gog_list_of_singleplayer_games_with_drm/page1
Can verify all Sp content works offline, put down the pitchforks!
Starkrun: Can verify all Sp content works offline, put down the pitchforks!
I will keep it close by, just in case :D
low rated
What's that about multiplayer content not in singleplayer?
Some pirated copy i grabbed a while back to try the game had all the multiplayer content in it, not sure what yalls talking about, unless the gog version is a really early one, and then you need to go online to update, which i guess is a one shot deal and voila, you have a full game you can play offline.

I can understand people being pissy if after updating the game, you now need to constantly use that galaxy stuff for the game to start with the new content, otherwise this is a bunch of hooey, and you can get all the community event decorative, pets, ships, fireworks and other crap through very mild googling and using a simple save editor program.

You can, of course, also go towards this path of buying a copy of the game in steam, here or whatever, then just grab a pirated one and play alone, which i tell ya from experience, gets pretty saddening after a while.

After all, there's nothing better than dropping 5 starship AI valves to some random newcomer and watch their joy when they see how much that part costs!
Post edited May 11, 2022 by GoldenNickel
GoldenNickel: What's that about multiplayer content not in singleplayer?
Some pirated copy i grabbed a while back to try the game had all the multiplayer content in it, not sure what yalls talking about, unless the gog version is a really early one, and then you need to go online to update, which i guess is a one shot deal and voila, you have a full game you can play offline.
Promoting piracy in any form is prohibited by our CoC: https://support.gog.com/hc/en-us/articles/115001814049-Forum-Code-of-Conduct?product=gog. I have to give you an official warning. Please refrain from publishing posts that suggest that piracy is ok in some cases.