It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

The_Puppet94: The point is, it is removed and thats good news!
Exactly, that is the best, no more DRM, now we have to go for CDP and the exclusive content from Cyberpunk 2077!!!
KetobaK: ... I'm sure GOG take part in Hello Games decision.
Lifthrasil: Well, that is quite an optimistic belief that I don't share.
Yeah, I always try to see the best on people, and personally I'm very happy with the treatment I recived through GOG Support, so we have to agree we disagree, the important is that everything is getting better and probably in the future many other games will remove they DRM measures :)
Post edited February 10, 2021 by KetobaK
low rated
Time4Tea: Yes, imo GOG is responsible for upholding their stated value of DRM-free on their store.

Did they help to get the DRM removed? Is there any evidence of that? GOG hasn't made any statement and their communication on the issue over the past 3 months has been piss poor. They haven't removed the small print on the store page, warning that the game includes DRM. They haven't marked the wishlist request as 'completed', nor ever even acknowledged it as 'in progress' in the first place. Right now, there is no evidence they are even aware of what is happening.

As far as I can see, it has all been driven by Hello Games.
KetobaK: Hello Games hasn't made a statement either, GOG didn't make a statement when they help to removed Wasteland 3 Pre Order DRM, when I contacted InExile they just give me a generic answer and send me to fly, they don't even reply when I wrote them back, but a member of GOG Support told me that they would communicate with the team at InExile and try to resolve it with the next patch and so they did, is very probable that they did the same in this case but I know they are extremely overwhelmed and trying to catch up to spend time to show of their work. I think they really care and that's what they prove me with their actions, if you can see all the bad things, try to see the good too, and give them some credits for the work, they are humans and are trying to do their best.
That's true. But, their involvement is clearer, since Hello Games is the developer - they have clearly done the work to remove the DRM and released a patch to fix it. What GOG Support told you about Wasteland 3 is probably more than they have said about No Man's Sky in the past 3 months. I agree that, regarding Wasteland it seems they did have a hand and I do give them credit for that.

But, given their lack of communication over the past 3 months, their involvement with No Man's Sky is much less clear. I know some GOG users have approached Hello Games independently, to ask for the DRM to be removed (there are comments about that on the wishlist request. So, it is possible that Hello Games may have acted based on user feedback, without GOG's involvement.

You seem to be willing to give GOG the benefit of the doubt. But, I am not, given their other recent actions related to Devotion, pre-order bonuses in Cyberpunk (and CDPR's general dishonesty) and their lack of willingness to address other games on the store that have DRM. As far as I'm concerned, if they want credit for this, they need to speak up and claim it (if they even care).
Time4Tea: As far as I'm concerned, if they want credit for this, they need to speak up and claim it (if they even care).
Yeah, the removal of this issue is a very good thing and all, but the fact no one from GOG even graced this thread with their presence to tell us of this development to score some good free good PR points with the community shows how little they care, and strongly suggests they had nothing to do with it, and possibly don't even know about it.
low rated
Time4Tea: As far as I'm concerned, if they want credit for this, they need to speak up and claim it (if they even care).
Breja: Yeah, the removal of this issue is a very good thing and all, but the fact no one from GOG even graced this thread with their presence to tell us of this development to score some good free good PR points with the community shows how little they care, and strongly suggests they had nothing to do with it, and possibly don't even know about it.
They don't seem to publicize their removals of (what I imo rightfully call) DRM, or if they do, they are very brief about it and move on. It's good that they are resolving Support tickets that people open about these matters but in cases like this and Wasteland 3 I don't know how the general users are supposed to know about the issue itself, let alone if it gets resolved. Sniper Ghost Warrior removing Easy AntiConsumer I don't think had a post from staff. I am not recalling if the Deus Ex Mankind Divided DRM removal had a comment from staff or not.

It is not a good look. GOG imo should be much more loud and in-your-face about removing DRM and keeping it off the store (hard to do when something like "My Rewards" in the flagship game is textbook DRM). I imagine they are not wanting to hurt relationships with developers and publishers but over the time I have been here, the lack of focus on DRM-free offline installers seems to have grown greater and the instances of DRM or otherwise anti-consumer content have grown in number. Change it up, GOG.
high rated
wcdeadpool: It might in fact be worth trying with a new save. If you look at the offline shop mod on nexus ( https://www.nexusmods.com/nomanssky/mods/1782) it is specified that you must start a new save to get the new items.
Maybe it's the same thing here. If somebody has enough time to try, It could be interesting...
EnforcerSunWoo: Thanks for the info. Hope that is the case.
It took me a few days to start a new save and reach the anomaly( not much time to play these days sadly) but I'm happy to confirm that DRM has indeed been removed from the game ;) You have to start a new game to see the new items but everything is now available offline! Thanks Hello Games and GOG ;)
wcdeadpool: It took me a few days to start a new save and reach the anomaly( not much time to play these days sadly) but I'm happy to confirm that DRM has indeed been removed from the game ;) You have to start a new game to see the new items but everything is now available offline! Thanks Hello Games and GOG ;)
Are you sure about this?

Btw since an ew update dropped which features new kind of eggs for the companion, I would suggest doing some tests to see if this can be done offline as well, since we are talking about a new anomaly egg.

Let's hope to be full fleged offline compatible.
wcdeadpool: It took me a few days to start a new save and reach the anomaly( not much time to play these days sadly) but I'm happy to confirm that DRM has indeed been removed from the game ;) You have to start a new game to see the new items but everything is now available offline! Thanks Hello Games and GOG ;)
Kyousuke.: Are you sure about this?

Btw since an ew update dropped which features new kind of eggs for the companion, I would suggest doing some tests to see if this can be done offline as well, since we are talking about a new anomaly egg.

I'm 100% sure about it ;) The quicksilver items were never there before, but after starting a new game with 3.15 update, they are available. I only use offline installers and never installed Galaxy ,so totally offline.
As for the new content, I will keep you updated once they update the installers and I can find a little time to play ;)
Kyousuke.: Are you sure about this?

wcdeadpool: I'm 100% sure about it ;) The quicksilver items were never there before, but after starting a new game with 3.15 update, they are available. I only use offline installers and never installed Galaxy ,so totally offline.
As for the new content, I will keep you updated once they update the installers and I can find a little time to play ;)
Just to be sure, quicksilver were done through daily missions during offline play or by other means?
If ths is true then it's incredibly huge, never thought that Hello Games would do this fix anymore.
Also thanks for updating on the matter whenever you find time! :)
Post edited February 17, 2021 by Kyousuke.
wcdeadpool: I'm 100% sure about it ;) The quicksilver items were never there before, but after starting a new game with 3.15 update, they are available. I only use offline installers and never installed Galaxy ,so totally offline.
Kyousuke.: Just to be sure, quicksilver were done through daily missions during offline play or by other means?
If ths is true then it's incredibly huge, never thought that Hello Games would do this fix anymore.
Also thanks for updating on the matter whenever you find time! :)
Quicksilver is mainly obtained through online daily missions ( there are offline procedural missions in the anomaly but they grant you other rewards). However, you can also obtain quicksilver offline in some story missions and random events. So you can somehow unlock QS items offline. It is just much slower than if you play online ;)
Post edited February 17, 2021 by wcdeadpool
low rated
wcdeadpool: Quicksilver is mainly obtained through online daily missions ( there are offline procedural missions in the anomaly but they grant you other rewards). However, you can also obtain quicksilver offline in some story missions and random events. So you can somehow unlock QS items offline. It is just much slower than if you play online ;)
So if that is true, this is a fudge, and not a full 100% clean break DRM-removal...isn't it?

Because if those quoted statements are accurate, then that means the DRM-using players get to receive a premium experience of enjoying the game, whereas in contrast, non-DRM-using player get an inferior experience and are put at a disadvantage compared to their DRM-using counterparts.

If I'm understanding that correctly as per how I just paraphrased the issue, then this problem isn't over, and GOG customers need to keep complaining about it until the DRM-free experience of playing this game is patched to be on a 100% equal level playing field to the DRM'ed experience of playing this game.
Post edited February 17, 2021 by Ancient-Red-Dragon
wcdeadpool: Quicksilver is mainly obtained through online daily missions ( there are offline procedural missions in the anomaly but they grant you other rewards). However, you can also obtain quicksilver offline in some story missions and random events. So you can somehow unlock QS items offline. It is just much slower than if you play online ;)
Ancient-Red-Dragon: So if that is true, this is a fudge, and not a full 100% clean break DRM-removal...isn't it?

Because if those quoted statements are accurate, then that means the DRM-using players get to receive a premium experience of enjoying the game, whereas in contrast, non-DRM-using player get an inferior experience and are put at a disadvantage compared to their DRM-using counterparts.

If I'm understanding that correctly as per how I just paraphrased the issue, then this problem isn't over, and GOG customers need to keep complaining about it until the DRM-free experience of playing this game is patched to be on a 100% equal level playing field to the DRM'ed experience of playing this game.
This is a big step in the right direction I think ;) At least nothing seems to be locked for offline players now. I don't know if making some unlocks easier for rewarding online play can be considered DRM.
At least it shows that Hello games has listened to players feedback. Hopefully they will bring more way to earn QS offline in the future! But still, there's an insane amount of content in the game right now ( and more coming for free in the future) .
Ancient-Red-Dragon: So if that is true, this is a fudge, and not a full 100% clean break DRM-removal...isn't it?

not very premium, you have to play with other people.... see it as compensation

"Oh, god... yes, I'm sorry, you have to play with that dickwad... here, have some more quicksilver"
Post edited February 17, 2021 by amok
Mmmh, I remember that quicksilver gain were a fixed, on time only reward, which only during some events decided by hello games, allowed you to gain for a limited period of time some quicksilver (there was one during october iirc, which allowed you to get quicksilver by scavenging shipwrecks), but after that period ends no more quicksilver.

I really wonder how much quicksilver can be gotten while offline, and if the living ship quesstline properly works (along the new eggs introduced by the companion update), since the costs to pay in quicksilver is a bit too much, and I realy can't put into the equation a limite time or unreliable solution, imho.

A step in the right solution indeed, but I still don't understand why not just enabling daily missions while offline, it's clear that they are bunbdled and rotate in the game, with online serving only as a useless check in.

On the bright side, the offline shop updated on par with the "online" version should make things simpler, hopefully.

amok: not very premium, you have to play with other people.... see it as compensation

"Oh, god... yes, I'm sorry, you have to play with that dickwad... here, have some more quicksilver"
I may be wrong, as I don't have the game, but from what I understand, you only have to play online, not with other people. You can ignore other people.
amok: not very premium, you have to play with other people.... see it as compensation

mrkgnao: I may be wrong, as I don't have the game, but from what I understand, you only have to play online, not with other people. You can ignore other people.
I always ignore other people....