It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

low rated
GeraltOfRivia_PL: Gog Galaxy is great cause it has cloud saves, overlay etc. Don't see why one should not use it. Most people including me have over 1 tb of storage so installing a launcher doesn't hurt them much
paladin181: Grown ups are talking. How much one does or does not like Galaxy does not even factor into this. I love Galaxy (mostly) and I'm still fervently against this.
I am a grown up, though? What did you hope to achieve with that comment?,

Okay you may be right. But i just don't understand why someone would hate Galaxy. Many modern games require more than 100 GB yet people complain about a launcher. It's almost like they get a kind of a feeling of superiority for this.

Hope the mods don't ban me for the offtopic i just wanted to clear things up.

Also how am i not a grown up
mrkgnao: Thanks. I would say, then, that the sentence is incorrect.

One more question, as all this is all news to me: Was this the case since day one, or was this introduced at a later update, like it was with NMS?
mrkgnao: I'm not in the least bit interested in playing the game. I just want to know if what GOG has on Absolver's game page is true or false. In other words, is there any single player content that is locked behind an online-only wall? From what I have read here so far, there is, which makes GOG's sentence false.
Since day one, I was angry already since then (really pissed of being lied about this). Also the complaints to the devs were shrugged off, and they kept adding other BS to this crappy formula.

Also, as I said in another post or thread, as a cherry on top of this shitcake, they added EAC (easy anti cheat) through silent installer, both galaxy or offline installers wise, with NO user prompt in the matter, meaning that if you didn't know before hand, you would install a spyware/keylogger unneded for offline play.
joppo: HAHAHAHAHA! You think all of that was free? Heavens no, you paid it all in advance. 4 years too early, according to your claim of a day 1 purchase.
Actually day -1. I still fly the pre-order bonus ship (with one inventory slot more than the basic starter ship, yay).

People sometimes look at it, in the Anomaly, probably wondering how to get this...

joppo: Maybe I'm just being thick here, but... why? Why does Hello Games needs to give an incentive to people who play online?
Need? No. Encourage MP play? That's of course a business decision. MP and "community content" keeps games alive. A game alive, people still playing it, and talking about it, years after release leads to people buying it, years after release.

The Living Ship doesn't have to be a community feature. In fact stated in this thread, multiple times at that, that I think this sucks and is a stupid decision. But that I can see where it comes from. I won't have it, or only get with savegame hacking (which is possible, real DRM would prevent that - that's the point of DRM), because I don't want to do "community", even if I leave online mode on.

Most people standing here with torches and pitchforks in their hand have clearly no clue about what NMS is and how it works. It is, if you are online or not, a single player game at heart. Most of the time (or all of the time) you spend alone. Gathering stuff, crafting stuff, building your base, exploring, managing your fleet.

And the online stuff there is - it's a question of whether the glass is half full or half empty, really. In my view, "online" adds a few things, to a game that would be complete without them. That's why I feel it's all "bonus". Some people seem to have the impression that "offline" takes things from them they feel entitled to.
I think it's commendable how Hello Games expanded the game for all players, adding huge amounts of content, improving every aspect - part of it stuff that maybe should have been in the release version, part community request (sandworms!), part simple for the love of it. All for free - think what Paradox would have done with it. For MP players they even made crossplay possible - which is simply not the rule and should be commended. Instead, HG make one stupid (but relatable) decision, and people call for pyres and delisting. That strikes me as irrational.

Sad, how the GOG community has become another outrage society, there are really worse problems to address.
Kyousuke.: Since day one, I was angry already since then (really pissed of being lied about this). Also the complaints to the devs were shrugged off, and they kept adding other BS to this crappy formula.

Also, as I said in another post or thread, as a cherry on top of this shitcake, they added EAC (easy anti cheat) through silent installer, both galaxy or offline installers wise, with NO user prompt in the matter, meaning that if you didn't know before hand, you would install a spyware/keylogger unneded for offline play.
This is really bad. Gremlins Inc. got delisted for much less, IIRC, but that was years ago. This is the "New GOG".
mrkgnao: This is really bad. Gremlins Inc. got delisted for much less, IIRC, but that was years ago. This is the "New GOG".
I've always wondered why Gremlins Inc. and Armello got delisted, but GOG was somehow fine with Absolver... Strange are the ways of the GOGBear.
Breja: I don't, it's bloody ridiculous.
I respect your sanguine laughter.
Yeshu: You can do it in singleplayer BUT the game is design with you interacting with other players online. Unless you are not into that you might as well skip it as it's the games main selling point.
mrkgnao: I'm not in the least bit interested in playing the game. I just want to know if what GOG has on Absolver's game page is true or false. In other words, is there any single player content that is locked behind an online-only wall? From what I have read here so far, there is, which makes GOG's sentence false.
It's not false, there is no single player content locked behind multiplayer. It's just that the game IS DESIGNED TO BE PLAYED IN MULTIPLAYER. It's like with Invasions in Dark Souls games. You can get resources by playing with other people that will upgrade your stuff. You can play it alone but you cut yourself off from like half the experience.
Yeshu: It's not false, there is no single player content locked behind multiplayer. It's just that the game IS DESIGNED TO BE PLAYED IN MULTIPLAYER. It's like with Invasions in Dark Souls games. You can get resources by playing with other people that will upgrade your stuff. You can play it alone but you cut yourself off from like half the experience.
According to WinterSnowfall: "to revisit boss battles on higher tiers, in single player, you first have to go to PvP".
toxicTom: Sad, how the GOG community has become another outrage society, there are really worse problems to address.
Yeah, what are we doing, discussing GOG issues on GOG forum? We should be findining the cure for COVID, obviously!
paladin181: I'm not faulting that, I'm more worried about the slippery slope. I appreciate peoples' lack of concern, and I understand it. I disagree with it, but I don't completely miss your point. I just feel like it is something that should be addressed by GOG in some way other than "They added gated content. We know, but we are celibate, because we give zero fucks."
Fair post. I do have concern, and I do think it's a slippery slope, I just don't think there's an obvious great solution for a game that's been on here for years getting this in a patch.
Yeshu: It's not false, there is no single player content locked behind multiplayer. It's just that the game IS DESIGNED TO BE PLAYED IN MULTIPLAYER. It's like with Invasions in Dark Souls games. You can get resources by playing with other people that will upgrade your stuff. You can play it alone but you cut yourself off from like half the experience.
WRONG, and I've also pointed that out in my review: ALL CONTENT in DS can be unlocked through SP only. Any DS veteran knows that.
mrkgnao: According to WinterSnowfall: "to revisit boss battles on higher tiers, in single player, you first have to go to PvP".
You don't have to take my word for it either. As they say, it is known.
Post edited September 25, 2020 by WinterSnowfall
StingingVelvet: Fair post. I do have concern, and I do think it's a slippery slope, I just don't think there's an obvious great solution for a game that's been on here for years getting this in a patch.
But there is. Delist it. The devs (presumably) want to sell the game here. It's profitable to them. If GOG delists it, it will force them to fix it. Apparently fixing the issue shouldn't even be a big problem, so it would be back soon, long before any missing udates for owners become a problem. Delisting the game solves the issue and sends a clear message that GOG will uphold it's core promise. It's not some absurd punishment for the devs orthodox anti-DRM crowd demands out of spite. It's the easiest, simplest solution.
Post edited September 25, 2020 by Breja
Breja: Yeah, what are we doing, discussing GOG issues on GOG forum? We should be findining the cure for COVID, obviously!
Well there is a difference between a discussion, and a mob crying "Burn the witch!", at least in my opinion. And the trend seems to go to the latter.

I always thought myself being allergic to any form of DRM. No Steam account, no Epic, UPlay, Origin. Only DRM-free from GOG (obviously), Humble, Itch.io as long as I'm buying "download" games. My DRM detector didn't twitch with NMS. My shitty-decisions detector did.#

But people itching to be outraged, will be outraged. Half full or half empty is always in the eye of the beholder.

I could be outraged about how My Time at Portia advertises DLC that isn't even available on GOG. I really could, but I decided, it's simply not worth it. The game is nice and DRM-free. Not offering is a shitty decision on their part - I'd probably bought it, even if it's only cosmetic.
Breja: Yeah, what are we doing, discussing GOG issues on GOG forum? We should be findining the cure for COVID, obviously!
toxicTom: Well there is a difference between a discussion, and a mob crying "Burn the witch!", at least in my opinion. And the trend seems to go to the latter.
As I explained above, what you so badly want to present as "a mob crying "Burn the witch!" is simply people expecting the core principle of GOG be upheld, which should also lead to the whole issue being fixed.

At this point, seeing how dead-set you are on misrepresenting the issue and what others are saying here, I really have no choice but to conclude you are arguing in bad faith. Why, I don't know. I'm disappointed by it, I thought better of you, but it is what it is.
Post edited September 25, 2020 by Breja