It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Hey guys, do you remember when I added this to the community wishlist last year ?

Honestly at the time it was more of a joke than anything else because it seemed impossible...

Well, who's laughing now...? Hahaha, not me :(
DoomSooth: What's the point of this? If I want games that require a connection to Epic, I'll just buy them from Epic. Why not skip the middle man and have the games in question sold here?
Because modern audiences LOVE CLIENTS. It's so conveeeenient to have a client open another client. The more the merrier, who cares if they have DRM in the games! What's a "unique selling point"? Never heard of it.
high rated
Oh c'mon GOG, this is one of the stupidest things that you could of done and you do not expect a backlash? This reeks of a narrow minded attempt at pure greed and not an intelligent one I must add. You're only going to alienate the old customer base in an attempt to pick up more sales for Epic. Or is this some empty headed push for more people to use Galaxy? How the hell is this a good idea?

Truthfully, Nothing short of an apology from someone higher up within GOG or CDPR that releases will remain DRM-Free and that a huge mistake was made on their part and it will never happen again will start to make me gain confidence in GOG once again. This truly is a step in the wrong direction for GOG and obviously it;s customer base.
Post edited October 02, 2020 by EnforcerSunWoo
https://www.gog.com/wishlist/site/decouple_gog_galaxy_from_gogcom_and_make_its_own_separate_thing

"Brand-wise as well in regards to the principles whereby each of the entities operate. <br /> <br /> It's unacceptable that GOG Galaxy, both by brand-association as well as in the way it operates within the GOG.com framework is clearly and unambiguously violating the core principle of DRM-free games."
high rated
This all sounds so familiar. Impulse (Stardock) was originally touted as DRM free too, with the owner spouting about gamers rights and them being treated fairly etc. It lasted until they started selling Steam keys for games, not long after Impulse was sold off.

CDP and GOG aren't going to listen to us, they never have. We might get some sort of "we're listening" and promptly ignored while the "invited" laud it as a great move.

To put my thoughts succinctly, this is a f------ stupid decision.
GameN16bit: GOG pays me a big fat $0... and it should go without saying that these views are my own and do not necessarily reflect the views of GOG.com. I do not speak for GOG in this instance. Like everyone else, just sharing my views. :)
Ahh, so you're angling for a raise. ;)
high rated
"You can now buy DRM'd Epic Store games via Galaxy! This will improve our visibility!"
Tell me, can you also buy GOG games via the Epic Launcher? If not then as far as this comically one-sided 'deal' goes, you seem to be left holding "the wrong end of the toilet brush" when all you're doing is making the Epic Store more visible on Galaxy but not the other way around. I mean, I just can't even...
Would GOG even wish to have a moderator be such a shill? That doesn't make them look good, although they're beyond worrying about that right now.
I like how they shoved it under the rug silently and then announce the 12-year birthday with sale...

Reminds me when my parents was getting a divorce and they did everything the could to not let me see/think about the whole situation and of the future. I saw right through them then and I see right through GOG now.
high rated
At this point, Galaxy needs to be splintered off from GOG itself and made its own division of the CDPR group.

I don't think we're going to see an end of DRM-Free games here. Lord knows, we just got games from Konami of all companies and Croateam seems to finally be dislodging its head from its asshole.

What I AM worried about, however, is Galaxy becoming increasingly bloated. CDPR is hell-bent on making Galaxy this uber-client of sorts, and it's making the application run slower and more sluggishly every update. Maybe it's time to bring back Downloader or officially sanction another alternative?

As to people buying Epic Store games from Galaxy, I don't see it. Wouldn't they just do that from the Epic Store? If I had to guess, Galaxy is still not very widely used by GOG users, and they're just throwing shit at the wall to see what sticks.
Post edited October 02, 2020 by RawSteelUT
sanscript: I like how they shoved it under the rug silently and then announce the 12-year birthday with sale...

Reminds me when my parents was getting a divorce and they did everything the could to not let me see/think about the whole situation and of the future. I saw right through them then and I see right through GOG now.
Did you get a nice train set?
low rated
We're sorry to hear that this annoncement has caused confusion, so let me try to address some misunderstandings that I've seen in the comments.

Naturally GOG.COM remains a DRM-free Store. GOG GALAXY 2.0 is an optional app, and was created to organize all of your games across multiple gaming platforms. The new store inside the app approaches this sentiment to welcome all games from all platforms, including GOG.COM.

It's worth pointing out that if you don't want to see it and stick to GOG.COM, you can opt out of it in the GOG GALAXY settings. That way only the GOG.COM store will be visible inside the app. We're constantly gathering feedback and are hoping to make the app better and better with each update!

There is also a handy FAQ which might answer some other questions you have in mind. =)
Just an FYI, this was just posted to the GOG reddit a few hours ago by Chandra and gives us an idea of what this is going to look like:

"GOG.COM stays DRM-free, GOG GALAXY app is about connecting all of your games into one place. That being said, there is a possibility to have only the GOG.COM store visible in the app as well, so the GOG GALAXY store remains optional."
EnforcerSunWoo: Oh c'mon GOG, this is one of the stupidest things that you could of done and you do not expect a backlash?
I'm pretty sure they expect a big backlash, they just don't care. Probably some internal stat study shows that even if they loose some costumers, they can win more.
SmollestLight: The new store inside the app approaches this sentiment to welcome all games from all platforms, including GOG.COM.
A hint of things yet to come. Can't really get behind this idea, but thank you, I guess, for making it optional at the very least.