It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

One could say that GOG Galaxy is a simply stellar platform.

These past couple of days have been full of good news here at the office! First, our partners in crime CD PROJEKT RED told the world that 4 million copies of The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt have been sold. Now we’re here to announce that in the first two weeks almost 700 thousand gamers worldwide have gone with GOG Galaxy as their monster-huntin’ platform - more than all other PC options combined!

Headcount: Over 693,000 gamers worldwide
Volume: Over 21.5 petabytes of game and bonus content
Achievements: 3.5 million unlocked
Combined game time: 1,770 years (that’s 646,479 full 24-hour days)

See the video below for more stats about The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt on GOG.com!

<iframe width="775" height="436" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/9vh5mxm5Jy8" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Jealous you’re not part of the stats? Join the GOG Galaxy open beta and help us raise those numbers!
I have to admit, GOG galaxy is a really good counter-part to steam, not only does it do more classic games but most importantly. DRM-FREE!!!

CDRed in my opinion has become one of my favourite developers ever since I opened the PC boxed version, giving my hope that PC games are not finished with physical release, taking over from Bioware. You guys have good customer service, great deals.

My friend wanted to get a game that I owned from a free gift years ago. And I trusted him to log in into my profile and download the game with his awful internet. But he got the game but was afraid of having to sign in or go online to use it. But I responded in pride that it's DRM-free, no online, no sign ups or in. The game is 100% yours, just like my boxed Witcher 3 pc edition. Just give it to a friend and he can play it.

GOG Galaxy, prepare for the future! Because I'm with you all the way! Look out Steam!
I would assume that most P.C fans wanted the actual retail box and goodies that come with it aside from downloading a STEAM copy that gives you no extras . i would have to say GOG wins this round.
Post edited June 13, 2015 by guy666
GOG.com: One could say that GOG Galaxy is a simply stellar platform.

These past couple of days have been full of good news here at the office! First, our partners in crime CD PROJEKT RED told the world that 4 million copies of The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt have been sold. Now we’re here to announce that in the first two weeks almost 700 thousand gamers worldwide have gone with GOG Galaxy as their monster-huntin’ platform - more than all other PC options combined!

Headcount: Over 693,000 gamers worldwide
Volume: Over 21.5 petabytes of game and bonus content
Achievements: 3.5 million unlocked
Combined game time: 1,770 years (that’s 646,479 full 24-hour days)

See the video below for more stats about The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt on GOG.com!

<iframe width="775" height="436" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/9vh5mxm5Jy8" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Jealous you’re not part of the stats? Join the GOG Galaxy open beta and help us raise those numbers!
This is for both GOG as well as CD Projekt Red,
Your approach to game development and offering DRM free games has restored an older gamers interest in gaming. I have been an avid gamer starting out back in 1986 with my first computer a Commodore Amiga 1000. The past few years have been taxing for me with respect to gaming and the reason has been because of the out and out lying and over hyping of games and being stupid for pre ordering games. The most recent extremely bad experience revolves around my purchase of a PS4 and Destiny by Bungie. They along with Activision and Sony have shown that the old American Huckster is still alive and well. Destiny along with Activision was the straw that broke the camels back and I pretty much have turned my back on gaming and I have no intentions of purchasing any more so called AAA titles from any developer or publisher EXCEPT for one EXCEPTION and that is CD Projekt Red! I want to thank you for offering your games and content DRM Free! The only reason I have not sold my PS4 is I prefer watching Netflix and Amazon Prime videos due to the apps that are available on the PS4, however I have no intention of purchasing any more games for the PS 4. I hope that the rest of the gaming industry is sitting up and taking notice at your success with the number of units sold for Witcher 3. YOU HEAR THIS EA and Ubsoft? As far as I am concerned EA does not exist and I will never purchase any thing that they produce ever again and Ubsoft is quickly joining thier ranks. The top 3 publishers that I will no longer support with my dollars are EA, Activision, and Ubsoft mainly because of their Draconian DRM that does not work any way because thier games are available via bit torrent almost on release day that run better than if you purchased them because you do not have to contend with DRM. Unfortunately they have lost how they should treat their customers, they have fallen into the DRM trap and arguments that the RIAA and the American Movie Industry foist on everyone. They obviously view their customers, you know the people who are willing and have no problem with actually buying thier games, music, and movies witrh disdain. Instead of treating us as valued assests they instead treat us like we are criminals and pirates by making us endure countless DRM schemes one after another and some are so intrusive that the game in many cirumstances does not even run!. We gamers do not want to deal with unwanted DRM and the ever prevelant policy of requiring us to always be on line just to play a single player game. So I am certain that I speak for all of the users of GOG who purchased and play Witcher 3 here, Thank you from the bottom of our hearts! We appreciate being treated as fellow gamers and with respect by GOG as well as CD Projekt Red. I look forward to your next project.
Kind Regards,
Robert Backlund
HunterZ: What really confuses me is why all of the DOS games on GOG aren't available on all 3 OSes (Windows, Mac, Linux) since DOSBox ports exist for all of them, and since GOG has already figured out how to produce versions of some DOSBox-bundled games for all 3 OSes. I wonder if it's just laziness on the publishers' part, as GOG probably wants an up-front fee to produce the installers.
Magnitus: I ported X-Com that was already on the Dos-box for Windows (only needed sound tweaks in the Dosbox configuration file and some third party sound library) some time back in like an hour so yeah, technically difficulty is probably not the bottleneck.

I guess you can only get companies to bend over so much for an OS that has 2% of usage share (probably more on GOG, but once you include the entire market, I'd say 2% and I doubt they'd bother with a Linux port just for GOG).

It's up to people to use Linux (because it is free-er both ways) more though I get it:

1) They all grew up using Windows and most people are not computer people: They don't want to re-learn what they already know with a new OS. Technically, they should have to fork 100$-200$ every couple of years for Windows (which is still better than learning something new for most), but the cost is concealed by the that fact that most computers sold come bundled with Windows.

2) iTunes, most games, Netflix until recently (now runs directly in Chrome) and a bunch of other higher profile proprietary software won't run on Linux. Part of it is the low adoption, but I think it is also the fact that they don't want their DRM running on an open-source OS that won't be able to provide strong guarantees for DRM below userland (yeah, technically, people will crack Windows for that too if needed, they are just fewer in numbers).
I think everyone already appreciates all of that, but it does reflect poorly on GOG given that they are promoting Linux support.
I'm new to GOG and i have to say.np what so ever..Thanks cd project red for an awesome game have close to a 100 hours and enjoying every miniute
Nice achievement, guys, you deserve it :)
lonewolfgk: All good and well to boast about how many witcher 3 being sold and about galaxy.

What about fixing your game first (witcher 3), after v1.05 patch there are way more bugs and CTD's (crash to desktop).

You would think you would concentrate on hotfix or patch to fix the unstable full of bugs v1.05 before worrying or working on you sales figures and galaxy.

This is my opinion but witcher 3 really unstable now and i do not enjoy playing like this or playing with all the NEW bugs since the patch. Patch v1.03 and Patch 1.04 was working, did not have CTD's since they brought out those patches (had it when on patch v1.01 but solved by v1.03), now its back since v1.05 with loads of NEW bugs.

Solve that first then brag about sales and the galaxy (which i do not even want to use) program.

Regards to GOG family (all users)
I may be a bit late to the party here, as you commented three days ago. However, you seem to misunderstand something, and as no one else has corrected it, I guess I will.

CD Projekt Red developed the Witcher games. GOG is an online games store. Both are wholly owned subsidiaries of CD Projekt. They do not, however, share programmers, and I have no idea whether they share a single employee below the level of major principle, such as a company president or CEO. This means that even if they ignored the Galaxy client and sales for GOG for the next three years, it would have no effect on the progress of patching The Witcher 3. The two subsidiaries simply don't share resources.

You can post all day here about the bugs in different versions of The Witcher 3, but you aren't talking to game devs. You are addressing online store devs and employees, who have no role in patching the game.

Johnson and Johnson owns both Janssen Pharmaceuticals and McNeil Pharmaceuticals, but it won't help to go to the Janssen website to ask them to do something about a McNeil drug.
lonewolfgk: All good and well to boast about how many witcher 3 being sold and about galaxy.

What about fixing your game first (witcher 3), after v1.05 patch there are way more bugs and CTD's (crash to desktop).

You would think you would concentrate on hotfix or patch to fix the unstable full of bugs v1.05 before worrying or working on you sales figures and galaxy.

This is my opinion but witcher 3 really unstable now and i do not enjoy playing like this or playing with all the NEW bugs since the patch. Patch v1.03 and Patch 1.04 was working, did not have CTD's since they brought out those patches (had it when on patch v1.01 but solved by v1.03), now its back since v1.05 with loads of NEW bugs.

Solve that first then brag about sales and the galaxy (which i do not even want to use) program.

Pax11: I may be a bit late to the party here, as you commented three days ago. However, you seem to misunderstand something, and as no one else has corrected it, I guess I will.

CD Projekt Red developed the Witcher games. GOG is an online games store. Both are wholly owned subsidiaries of CD Projekt. They do not, however, share programmers, and I have no idea whether they share a single employee below the level of major principle, such as a company president or CEO. This means that even if they ignored the Galaxy client and sales for GOG for the next three years, it would have no effect on the progress of patching The Witcher 3. The two subsidiaries simply don't share resources.

You can post all day here about the bugs in different versions of The Witcher 3, but you aren't talking to game devs. You are addressing online store devs and employees, who have no role in patching the game.

Johnson and Johnson owns both Janssen Pharmaceuticals and McNeil Pharmaceuticals, but it won't help to go to the Janssen website to ask them to do something about a McNeil drug.
As far as I am aware the only thing CDPR and GOG share outside of a parent company is a building and that's about it.
P1na: I'm with snowkatt on this one. I tried it, and it was kinda buggy. Kinda very buggy. Not to mention the outright lies, for which I still have not gotten an apology. I certainly didn't feel like wanting to keep using the client.

It's great that you got so many people to try out your client, congratulations for that, yet I can't help but think it might have been better if they had tried a more stable version of it.
I have run into literally no bugs with the client yet. Expecting it to calculate the time that you played the game pre-Galaxy/outside of Galaxy is not a bug. It's something you simply can't expect. I've poured hours upon hours into Banished. I'm not in the least surprised that it showed my playtime as "0h" post re-install, as those hours were not played through the client itself. The good thing about the client? You don't have to use it :) Enjoy the games without it, and it's no harm no foul.
davidxlongshot: I have to admit, GOG galaxy is a really good counter-part to steam, not only does it do more classic games but most importantly. DRM-FREE!!!

CDRed in my opinion has become one of my favourite developers ever since I opened the PC boxed version, giving my hope that PC games are not finished with physical release, taking over from Bioware. You guys have good customer service, great deals.

My friend wanted to get a game that I owned from a free gift years ago. And I trusted him to log in into my profile and download the game with his awful internet. But he got the game but was afraid of having to sign in or go online to use it. But I responded in pride that it's DRM-free, no online, no sign ups or in. The game is 100% yours, just like my boxed Witcher 3 pc edition. Just give it to a friend and he can play it.

GOG Galaxy, prepare for the future! Because I'm with you all the way! Look out Steam!
Welcome aboard the CDPR and GOG train:D
Post edited June 15, 2015 by photoleia

Pax11: I may be a bit late to the party here, as you commented three days ago. However, you seem to misunderstand something, and as no one else has corrected it, I guess I will.

Hi PaX11,
Not sure what your system specs are however heres what happened to me when I first began playing Witcher3. I have an older sytem built back in the early spring of 2009, my current specs are as follows, MSI Big Bang X58 MB, i7 970 CPU, 12GB of DDR3ram, and a Geforce GTX 970 GPU. However when I first started playing Witcher I had forgotten that I had pulled 6GB of my system ram (the minimum specs for Witcher 3 is 6GB) to test my first X58 EVGA MB to see if I wanted to build up another system with my old 920 CPU (I had bought the MSI board and the 970 used off of Ebay a couple of years ago) Well I had the bare minimum of system ram but was used to having all sorts of things open and running, like my web browser etc. I too at first thought that Witcer 3 was broken because I was experiencing frequent crashes to the desktop. As I began trying to figure out what was going on it dawned on me that I was not operating with 12GB of ram but only 6 so I shut down my system and put the other 6GBs back in and since doing that I have not had any crashes to the desktop. I am certain that there were times when the game was making memory calls that were more demanding and since it was not available the game crashed. Not sure if this may be of any help but all I know was that now with my 12GB of ram the game runs smoothly and I have the settings cranked up to ultra settings with the Nvidia hair turned on and my system is able to run the game at 48FPS, if I use the settings that GeForce experience recommends there are a couple of things at high settings and the Nvidia hair setting is turned off and I get 60FPS. If you have a system that is closer to the minimum specs then make sure that you do not have any other programs running when playing Witcher 3.
davidxlongshot: m a free gift years ago. And I trusted him to log in into my profile and download the game with his awful internet. But he got the game but was afraid of having to sign in or go online to use it. But I responded in pride that it's DRM-free, no online, no sign ups or in. The game is 100% yours, just like my boxed Witcher 3 pc edition. Just give it to a friend and he can play it.
But.. wtf, do you know that Gog doesn't work like that?
Your games are only for yourself!
If you share them with others, you're doing it illegally..
Don't give right to DRM locked games dude..
Post edited June 15, 2015 by phaolo

rjb3353: Hi PaX11,
Not sure what your system specs are however heres what happened to me when I first began playing Witcher3. I have an older sytem built back in the early spring of 2009, my current specs are as follows, MSI Big Bang X58 MB, i7 970 CPU, 12GB of DDR3ram, and a Geforce GTX 970 GPU. However when I first started playing Witcher I had forgotten that I had pulled 6GB of my system ram (the minimum specs for Witcher 3 is 6GB) to test my first X58 EVGA MB to see if I wanted to build up another system with my old 920 CPU (I had bought the MSI board and the 970 used off of Ebay a couple of years ago) Well I had the bare minimum of system ram but was used to having all sorts of things open and running, like my web browser etc. I too at first thought that Witcer 3 was broken because I was experiencing frequent crashes to the desktop. As I began trying to figure out what was going on it dawned on me that I was not operating with 12GB of ram but only 6 so I shut down my system and put the other 6GBs back in and since doing that I have not had any crashes to the desktop. I am certain that there were times when the game was making memory calls that were more demanding and since it was not available the game crashed. Not sure if this may be of any help but all I know was that now with my 12GB of ram the game runs smoothly and I have the settings cranked up to ultra settings with the Nvidia hair turned on and my system is able to run the game at 48FPS, if I use the settings that GeForce experience recommends there are a couple of things at high settings and the Nvidia hair setting is turned off and I get 60FPS. If you have a system that is closer to the minimum specs then make sure that you do not have any other programs running when playing Witcher 3.
Hi rjb3353, I have 16GB of Gaming ram (Corsair Dominator GT) and also have a GTX 970 G1 Gaming Graphics Card. Why i am saying this is because i still have tons of crashes. I see v1.06 came out and will test with this patch but doubt it will work since the things they fixed is not this random crashes. Thanks for you reply but i have more than enough ram and also my gaming rig does not have any other programs running. This is just my gaming rig. I have 10 other pcs i use to do other stuff on.
rjb3353: Hi PaX11,
lonewolfgk: Hi rjb3353, I have 16GB of Gaming ram (Corsair Dominator GT) and also have a GTX 970 G1 Gaming Graphics Card. Why i am saying this is because i still have tons of crashes. I see v1.06 came out and will test with this patch but doubt it will work since the things they fixed is not this random crashes. Thanks for you reply but i have more than enough ram and also my gaming rig does not have any other programs running. This is just my gaming rig. I have 10 other pcs i use to do other stuff on.
That's weird, i have 12 Gigs of RAM a GTX 760, my W3 has not even crashed once, in fact i always have my browser opened in the background. I have not encountered any issues with either the client or the game. Did you try updating your Nvidia Drivers?

Congratulation on a great game and a good client. It still not perfect but it's getting there. :D

Keep up the good work!!
Post edited June 16, 2015 by mercurial_880
Mad-E-Fact: I bought the game on GOG but don't use Galaxy - do I fall under "the other platforms" or does it still count for the 693k?
Very good question. Did by chance anyone answer it in the last days?
lonewolfgk: Hi rjb3353, I have 16GB of Gaming ram (Corsair Dominator GT) and also have a GTX 970 G1 Gaming Graphics Card. Why i am saying this is because i still have tons of crashes. I see v1.06 came out and will test with this patch but doubt it will work since the things they fixed is not this random crashes. Thanks for you reply but i have more than enough ram and also my gaming rig does not have any other programs running. This is just my gaming rig. I have 10 other pcs i use to do other stuff on.
mercurial_880: That's weird, i have 12 Gigs of RAM a GTX 760, my W3 has not even crashed once, in fact i always have my browser opened in the background. I have not encountered any issues with either the client or the game. Did you try updating your Nvidia Drivers?

Congratulation on a great game and a good client. It still not perfect but it's getting there. :D

Keep up the good work!!
Hi mercurial_880, thanks for the reply, yes i am on latest nvidia drivers (353.06), i always make it a point to check every 2 weeks for drivers to keep my system up to date. I do not really like the NVIDIA experience (it is installed). Also i have read that the NVIDIA experience program can sometimes be problem in games, so i have tried with NVIDIA experience and without it (i uninstalled it) and still the same problem on v1.05. Did not have problems on v1.03 and v1.04. But like i said i downloaded v1.06 and will give it a try today and see if i have problems with the new patch. Thanks anyway for the suggestion.
Forgot to mention i run the GOG version, not steam and also i do not have galaxy on my machine, so no clients running in background. Also for info, i removed my antivirus like 3 months ago for another reason due to networking issue (was not the antivirus fault but was lazy to reinstall it, lol) so i have no antivirus on the gaming rig at the moment and cannot be the cause for that as well (just in case anybody thought of antivirus causing problems, lol). All other games like GTA V, Assassins Creed Unity and Rogue, even Dragon Age Inquisition runs fine without crashes. All my drivers up to date, full DirextX installed, vcc ++ drivers, motherboard drivers etc. Just the witcher 3 and only after v1.05 patch. Will try the v1.06 today.
Just more info, sometimes i can play witcher 3 for hours (like 5 hours) no problem and then other times it crashes continuesly like every 15-30min and especially when cutscenes come up (cutscenes was fine in v1.03 and v1.04).
Post edited June 16, 2015 by lonewolfgk