It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

One could say that GOG Galaxy is a simply stellar platform.

These past couple of days have been full of good news here at the office! First, our partners in crime CD PROJEKT RED told the world that 4 million copies of The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt have been sold. Now we’re here to announce that in the first two weeks almost 700 thousand gamers worldwide have gone with GOG Galaxy as their monster-huntin’ platform - more than all other PC options combined!

Headcount: Over 693,000 gamers worldwide
Volume: Over 21.5 petabytes of game and bonus content
Achievements: 3.5 million unlocked
Combined game time: 1,770 years (that’s 646,479 full 24-hour days)

See the video below for more stats about The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt on GOG.com!

<iframe width="775" height="436" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/9vh5mxm5Jy8" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Jealous you’re not part of the stats? Join the GOG Galaxy open beta and help us raise those numbers!
wybolo: Pretty sure I would've bought it through steam if not for the NVidia code. Bit of a drag having to connect it to this gog account. The numbers may be a bit skewed.
The numbers don't represent units sold through GOG platform since the codes of NVIDIA skews the picture as a whole already.

I'm betting the numbers sold thru Steam will still be bigger in the end.
Post edited June 12, 2015 by zeroxxx
Lodium: Do you mean you are forced to install Galaxy if you buy the witcher 3 retail or Digital?
IF you are forced i woud call gog advertising pretty false and if you dont know
false advertising can get you sued.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/False_advertising

Gog have said the client is optinal so if they suddenly force alot of people to install the client withouth taking down the advertising about the client being optinal
they woud be pretty fast in legal troubles.
elisar: There isn't false advertising even if you do have to use galaxy to play retail copies or digital bought elsewhere. GOG and CD Projekt Red only state that if you buy through GOG the games are drm free and you never need galaxy to run any GOG games. If you bought the game on steam, then you run it on steam. If you bought it retail hard copy, then I'm guessing the installer is by default GOG's tools, so Galaxy, but you can then uninstall Galaxy (if it did force you to install it, which you can probably opt to open the disk and install it manually) and run the game directly.
Steam is not Galaxy
you are forced to use Steam but i dont think you are forced to use galaxy in addition to steam
if you buy the game on steam.
It usally creates more problems if you use another client in an existing client.
Retail, i have no idea since i havent bougth any retail copy for pc yet.
All good and well to boast about how many witcher 3 being sold and about galaxy.

What about fixing your game first (witcher 3), after v1.05 patch there are way more bugs and CTD's (crash to desktop).

You would think you would concentrate on hotfix or patch to fix the unstable full of bugs v1.05 before worrying or working on you sales figures and galaxy.

This is my opinion but witcher 3 really unstable now and i do not enjoy playing like this or playing with all the NEW bugs since the patch. Patch v1.03 and Patch 1.04 was working, did not have CTD's since they brought out those patches (had it when on patch v1.01 but solved by v1.03), now its back since v1.05 with loads of NEW bugs.

Solve that first then brag about sales and the galaxy (which i do not even want to use) program.

Regards to GOG family (all users)
Post edited June 12, 2015 by lonewolfgk
Congratulations, GOGlodytes! :D

I am very happy for you, both with sales and with Galaxy success.

And I am very surprised and super special kind of happy about beating the-other-distribution-platform-that-shall-not-be-named :D
Bladesteel: I am so happy for GoG and CDProjekt Red. They deserved it for the hard work they put in.

For those complaining about GoG Client, it WILL get better over time. When Steam was first released it was a complete nightmare. That's putting it mildly. It was so bad I refuse to use Steam to this day. GoG Galaxy Beta version even with it's bugs and missing features was still far better than Steam's initial release.

I'm confident GoG will make their client better because they actually respect their customers and are passionate about games.

So where do I want to buy games? The guy that tells me that I can rent them or the one that says I get to own it and play it any time I want without a connection and install it on any number of my machines?

For me I love GoG because I can play my games in peace without dealing with any clients and internet verifications if I choose.
you are right, GOG deserves some pray.
as for client afraidness, seems many GOG users are scared that GOG might pull a steam one, making all optional stuff , none optional, maybe in the future.

Like i mentioned before in some posts, if and when they choose to go that way, then it is entirely up to them to do so,it's their stuff, their company, so they are allowed do what they want, its not up to us to forbid them doing so.

Ofcourse since there's already so many drm loaded stuff, why would someone who is unique now , go drm loaded , and using a client in order to game / buy games?

Exactly thats why i don't think GOG will pull a steam one on their users, like i said the internet is fully crowded with dozens of sites selling drm stuff, and we dont need drm.

So don't be afraid GOG will start to force clients upon us in the near future, and in the unlikely event they should,
no one forces anyone to get games and goodies, the choice is always to the users.

No one forces us or me to buy stuff at steam or somewhere else, i am mainly GOG and have steam for the 'fun'
sometime i feel like it to buy some shit at 20 cents, i mean 20 cents, you cant expect front row seats for that amount, usally these games are crap.
wybolo: Pretty sure I would've bought it through steam if not for the NVidia code. Bit of a drag having to connect it to this gog account. The numbers may be a bit skewed.
zeroxxx: The numbers don't represent units sold through GOG platform since the codes of NVIDIA skews the picture as a whole already.

I'm betting the numbers sold thru Steam will still be bigger in the end.
thats also very easily to explain: steam has loads and loads of more users worldwide, more visitors, a higher ranking in search engines etc etc etc, all this info can be found, Google for it and you can even compare some sites to another using online tools on certain websites.

But steam also has the most complaints compared to GOG or other sites, so having 'gazillions' of users also means 'millions' of complaints.

btw greenlight is adapted: every game needs to be checked as if it was first game, so even if you should be a wellknown casual games like alawar for exsmple, each game they want to release now needs to get the light again, a dev told me at steam (i like casualgames aswell so i was talking to a alawar dev at steam) and he told me that.

I guess its maybe because they want to reduce the amount of crappygames on steam (there is loads of it)
So i told him that even though they can try to reduce some shitty releases (every company even the big ones will always make a few crapgames, even EA made some lousy shitty games in the past).

The thing is: users/customers should decide for themselves if they like /buy a certain game, steam is making things difficult now cause they want to filter out crappy games.

Its up to each customer him/herself to make sure they dont buy lousy games, you cant always keep treating people like babies and having to feed them, there;s a time that they are old enough to take care of themselves.

Companies and govs can only help by adding labels like violence, 16plus 18, etc etc etc, the rest is up to the parents of the minors , they are the ones responsible for what their kids do as long as they are under 18.
Cool. I like Galaxy

My top feature requests:

1. Cloud saving, please make it a priority.
2. Game Downloads compressing (I don't mind if it downloads a compressed thing and then decompresses on my pc).
3. When I update the game with a downloaded installer (because it is twice as small) please make galaxy acknowledge it.
4. If I play without launching from galaxy (if I want steam overlay for example) please make it an option for achievements to be synchronized (this may already work, i haven't tried it) and game time to be logged as there is clearly a service communicating with the servers even if galaxy is not running.
5. When I buy a game on the site and Galaxy is running, it doesn't automatically update that I have that game.This is an easy push service.

Cheers and keep up the good work.
lonewolfgk: All good and well to boast about how many witcher 3 being sold and about galaxy.

What about fixing your game first (witcher 3), after v1.05 patch there are way more bugs and CTD's (crash to desktop).

You would think you would concentrate on hotfix or patch to fix the unstable full of bugs v1.05 before worrying or working on you sales figures and galaxy.

This is my opinion but witcher 3 really unstable now and i do not enjoy playing like this or playing with all the NEW bugs since the patch. Patch v1.03 and Patch 1.04 was working, did not have CTD's since they brought out those patches (had it when on patch v1.01 but solved by v1.03), now its back since v1.05 with loads of NEW bugs.

Solve that first then brag about sales and the galaxy (which i do not even want to use) program.

i am no developer, i dont know codes, i do know that the bigger and more complicated a game is/gets the more work will need to be done to patch things and make sure it stays playable.

As we all know: debuging and patching will always be: fix old bugs and introduce new bugs , thats simply unavoiadble.

Game with little code and little options cas be debugged more easily then gigantic game that also contain mulitiplayer option.

Telepath Tactics (flash/air game i guess) has lots of patches, i havent started the game yet and i saw lots of patches.
These small games can be fixed faster then enormous games with lots of coding.

Finally: the amount of screens to support nowadays, : the fact that there are loads of differnt resolutions also doesnt make life easierm people think thats easy but i think its not i read lots of complaints on various fora over the internet about various games, tehre are to many screens, in the past these were limited and 1024x768 was the hype, later it was 21 and even 23 inches (crt).

Nowadays with the flatscreens things went out of hand, theres lots of resolutions, some people like to use uberlarge screens, they need to sit away for 5 or 6 meters otherwise they cant see what they are doing, i mean you gotta draw the line somewhere.

Today people are spoiled with all those big screens, and they are 'weird': they want huge screens for the desktop but they also have a tiny screen they also play on (mobile) so its out of control, kids from the 90s dont know that they take all for granted, older people should remember the past: everything was easy, now theres an abundance of choises , and also problem reports.
Vrgood: Cool. I like Galaxy

My top feature requests:

1. Cloud saving, please make it a priority.
2. Game Downloads compressing (I don't mind if it downloads a compressed thing and then decompresses on my pc).
3. When I update the game with a downloaded installer (because it is twice as small) please make galaxy acknowledge it.
4. If I play without launching from galaxy (if I want steam overlay for example) please make it an option for achievements to be synchronized (this may already work, i haven't tried it) and game time to be logged as there is clearly a service communicating with the servers even if galaxy is not running.
5. When I buy a game on the site and Galaxy is running, it doesn't automatically update that I have that game.This is an easy push service.

Cheers and keep up the good work.
correct :D

except for the steam overlay, i dont get it, i used steam on my old XP and if i compare games run on my pc with and without steam, i do notice that the without steam client make my games run much smoother then with it, it believe that the more process are running while gaming the game eventually suffer speed, no matter how big the pc is (6cores maybe 8 cores or whatever cores are available now)

another simple example: small bigfishgames bought online (need bf client) run less well then the bf games i have on retail cd (no client) its like having access, office, excell, adobe photoshop, flash, illustrator open at one and then run a game , that will be impossible.

I always feel 'laggy' when playing some cheap steam games (client needed)

gaming is:

1) download setup or package(rar or zip)
2)install and or unpack the archive
3) after setup run game
voila

no clients running (unless you must be online then you only need that client)

steam is slow , the steam games that can be run without steam installed ( drm free) are the best.
So only for online gaming a client is needed, steam is only to limit you in use, it needs to be installed on each machine/windows.

Steam and all that other drm stuff is like my left hand i seldom use it :D
GOG is like my right hand, used alot (writing, shaving, washing etc etc etc, hosing the garden,
Go celebrate with that poor guy who got all his game nuked xD.
Achievements??? Where???
Attachments:
a.jpg (12 Kb)
lonewolfgk: All good and well to boast about how many witcher 3 being sold and about galaxy.

gamesfreak64: i am no developer, i dont know codes, i do know that the bigger and more complicated a game is/gets the more work will need to be done to patch things and make sure it stays playable.

As we all know: debuging and patching will always be: fix old bugs and introduce new bugs , thats simply unavoiadble.

Game with little code and little options cas be debugged more easily then gigantic game that also contain mulitiplayer option.

Telepath Tactics (flash/air game i guess) has lots of patches, i havent started the game yet and i saw lots of patches.
These small games can be fixed faster then enormous games with lots of coding.

Finally: the amount of screens to support nowadays, : the fact that there are loads of differnt resolutions also doesnt make life easierm people think thats easy but i think its not i read lots of complaints on various fora over the internet about various games, tehre are to many screens, in the past these were limited and 1024x768 was the hype, later it was 21 and even 23 inches (crt).

Nowadays with the flatscreens things went out of hand, theres lots of resolutions, some people like to use uberlarge screens, they need to sit away for 5 or 6 meters otherwise they cant see what they are doing, i mean you gotta draw the line somewhere.

Today people are spoiled with all those big screens, and they are 'weird': they want huge screens for the desktop but they also have a tiny screen they also play on (mobile) so its out of control, kids from the 90s dont know that they take all for granted, older people should remember the past: everything was easy, now theres an abundance of choises , and also problem reports.
First of all, are you saying i am old??? LOL

Second, i have no idea why you would say what you said, it has absolutely nothing to do with the bugs in the game, what has screen sizes, flatscreens, resolution etc to do with the bugs IN THE GAME.
I find it funny you comment and you have not even played the game to know what the bugs are since v1.05.
Just go to the community forums, search for witcher 3 and look for the labels (headers) regarding v1.05 and you will see what is the bugs we have now. ABSOLUTELY nothing to do with flatscreens, screen sized etc.

Just for info of just some of the stuff they broke in the game since v1.05:
1. You cant combine mutagens anymore (unless you drop to ground pick it up again etc).
2. You cannot craft runes anymore.
3. CTDs mostly when going into cutscene (white screen then crash, was not like this in v1.03 and v1.04, so they brought back this bug).
4. Merchants, people, body parts, monsters slain, items etc hanging in the air now, was not like this in v1.03 and v1.04)
5. When using boat and disembarking you would suddenly being flung into the air and drop to your death, was not like this in v1.03 and v1.04)
6. Sometimes now stuck on horse, cannot get off, horse not coming when calling it, was not like this blah blah blah.
7. Go read just one of the posts regarding bugs since v1.05, there are many more, link below.
http://www.gog.com/forum/the_witcher_3_wild_hunt/pc_bug_post_105/page1

So i have just given you some of the bugs introduced since v1.05. NOW WHAT has this to do with screen sizes and resolution etc etc, meanwhile you have not even played the game.

Please trollers, rather stay away unless you really have constructive critisism and have at least PLAYED the game.

My new fave topic!

GOG FTW!

When "Those who shall not be named", go into a fit of depression GOG, send them to my asylum, I'll take "good" care of them. *evil grin*

Congrats on the successful beta of Galaxy! I'll raise my coffee to another 50 years and more of GOG Galaxy. DRM free forever!

Now, time to get back to these commit forms....
GOG.com: One could say that GOG Galaxy is a simply stellar platform.

These past couple of days have been full of good news here at the office! First, our partners in crime CD PROJEKT RED told the world that 4 million copies of The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt have been sold. Now we’re here to announce that in the first two weeks almost 700 thousand gamers worldwide have gone with GOG Galaxy as their monster-huntin’ platform - more than all other PC options combined!
Congratulation gog.com & CD Projekt to this success! :D
Not to be a party pooper but the only reason I have it on GOGG is because it's not possible to redeem the CE code on Steam :(

Still, that's not to say GOGG is not a good platform.