It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

low rated
dtgreene: The me of the time, I believe, did generally like Disney movies (particularly Fantasia, though that particular movie didn't have romance IIRC, but then again, it didn't have any dialogue, though I remember liking Aladdin and the underwater part of The Little Mermaid), but I did not like the movie Hercules when I saw it. (It's worth noting that I dodn't particularly like The Lion King, either.)

It's *far* more common for games to have straight romance, however.
It's *far* more common in society as well. And that's a good thing. Without straight romance there is no human race.
low rated
my name is capitayn catte: Good old GOG forums, demonstrating exactly why pride month is still necessary.
GamezRanker: I am LGBT and I disagree on it's necessity(at least in most of the first world) and a good number of other LGBT I know/know of online/IRL feel the same.

You know what's actually unnecessary?

Corporate pandering(it doesn't really solve much if anything), and also others who think they know what's best for us trying to defend us(as if we can't defend ourselves).
I'm definitely with you on the slightly sinister corporate hijacking, but I feel that some of the opinions expressed in this thread are exactly why LGBTQ++ pride itself is still needed. The people claiming that "they've got their rights already!" are demonstrably mistaken.

You are of course welcome to your own opinion, but you've not changed my mind.

dtgreene: The me of the time, I believe, did generally like Disney movies (particularly Fantasia, though that particular movie didn't have romance IIRC, but then again, it didn't have any dialogue, though I remember liking Aladdin and the underwater part of The Little Mermaid), but I did not like the movie Hercules when I saw it. (It's worth noting that I dodn't particularly like The Lion King, either.)

paladin181: It's *far* more common in society as well. And that's a good thing. Without straight romance there is no human race.
Given the ever increasing world population, I think we could weather a small decrease in hetero-relationships. ;)
Post edited June 07, 2021 by my name is capitayn catte
low rated
my name is capitayn catte: Given the ever increasing world population, I think we could weather a small decrease in hetero-relationships. ;)
Birth rates are down in most civilized countries. The US is actually concerned about the slowing growth rate like fewer people would be a terrible thing.
low rated

paladin181: It's *far* more common in society as well. And that's a good thing. Without straight romance there is no human race.
I don't believe you :p
low rated
Mori_Yuki: You seem to have missed adding Divinity 2 Developers Cut since in Divinity 2: Ego Draconis you are able to change your gender by way of illusion. This is why I think it has to be on the list and on sale! If you wish to be all-inclusive - that is! :-p
kohlrak: At that rate we have huniepop for lesbians, and huniepop 2 for lesbians or bisexuals and 1 transgender person. And how about The Witcher 3, since Ciri's bi? or The Quest, since there's the opportunity for encounters with both males and females (pretty shallow, though). I'm sure i could come up with more if i looked down my list..

EDIT: How could i forget Shovel Knight? And, Shantae's got some suggestion going on there, but nothing official.
I just made the observation that this game was not in the list and should be added for said reason - In re one of the blues who could forward it. No arguing, no discussion, with a light tongue in cheeck comment enclosed in italics. Easy - no?

I couldn't care less about what's being discussed here. If I wanted to participate in such, this forum would be about the last place, or the internet at all for that matter. Take it or leave it for what it is.

Have a wonderful day. :-)
Post edited June 07, 2021 by Mori_Yuki
low rated
my name is capitayn catte: Given the ever increasing world population, I think we could weather a small decrease in hetero-relationships. ;)
paladin181: Birth rates are down in most civilized countries. The US is actually concerned about the slowing growth rate like fewer people would be a terrible thing.
Interesting. Japan is the only country I was aware of where the birth rate was regarded as dangerously low.
low rated
my name is capitayn catte: Interesting. Japan is the only country I was aware of where the birth rate was regarded as dangerously low.
Not dangerously low here, but experts are concerned.
low rated
Mori_Yuki: You seem to have missed adding Divinity 2 Developers Cut since in Divinity 2: Ego Draconis you are able to change your gender by way of illusion. This is why I think it has to be on the list and on sale! If you wish to be all-inclusive - that is! :-p
dtgreene: In Saviors of Sapphire Wings, you can change the main character's gender through reincarnation, which is something you can easily do for free in your room.

(Also, as I mentioned, a female protagonist results in things getting rather queer later on.)
Sapphire Wings you say? Seems like one to consider putting both on sale as well as on my ever growing wish list. Even if it was on sale (whatever version it is) there's simply no money for it right now. Next sale, different motto, maybe then I will be able to purchase it. Meanwhile my backlog which I deny even exists is long enough as it is. :D
low rated
dtgreene: ...

Except that the treatment given to transgender children doesn't involve anything permanent.
* Changes to one's presentation, or one's name/pronouns, are not lasting.
* Hormone blockers are easily reversible; if the child changes their mind, just take them off blockers and they'll go through puberty normally.
* Opposite-sex hormones are not usually prescribed to children.
* Gender affirming surgeries are not given to children, either. (The one case of genital surgery performed on youth, genital mutilation of intersex babies, is not one that I would consider "affirming", and is something that actually should be outlawed.)
who is recommending to stuff one's child with hormone supressors because its upset with its gender? is this just your opinion? i'm kinda shocked, it doesn't sound right from a medical viewpoint to do such a thing cause a child is/wanna be transgender.
paladin181: ...
Birth rates are down in most civilized countries. The US is actually concerned about the slowing growth rate like fewer people would be a terrible thing.
exactly, one has to look on the bright side of live, less people in general implies also less assh#les. :)
Post edited June 07, 2021 by apehater
low rated
paladin181: ...
apehater: exactly, one has to look on the bright side of live, less people in general implies also less assh#les. :)
Except, due to immigration one doesn't lead to the other.

And before somebody decides to ban me for off-topic, no - it's not off-topic. Dreamfall: Chapters, one of the games in Pride Month Collection, has a lot of pro-immigration rethoric, in addition to pro-LGBT rethoric. Actually D:C has A LOT of political rethoric, half the game is election campaign with regular jabs towards you-know-who.
Post edited June 07, 2021 by LootHunter
high rated
The games on the list were selected by our queer Team members, so the list does not include all games with LGBTQ+ themes. But we appreciate all the suggestions! :)
low rated
SmollestLight: The games on the list were selected by our queer Team members, so the list does not include all games with LGBTQ+ themes. But we appreciate all the suggestions! :)
I suggest Genital Jousting.
It fits the Pride Month thematics.
low rated
Darvond: So they're shocked at things which occurs in nature and yet haven't gone out to slay the entire Bonobo population?
Many things occur in nature, such as infanticide, rape, cannibalism and necrophilia. The "pff, some animals do it too" rejoinder not only is tired and trite, it really doesn't make the point you're hoping for.

Oh hey, it's Gab. That's the place where people go when they get banned from Twitter & pushed out of Mastodon. Very «credible».
Oh, hey, it's someone poisoning the well and carrying water for an organization that claims access to its platform is a "human right", yet has no problems banning heads of state and others it accuses of wrongthink.
Post edited June 07, 2021 by pearnon
low rated
Canuck_Cat: I reiterate - if everyone gave them the same respect as everyone else, you can make their lives better with very little effort.
GamezRanker: Most LGBT in many first world countries imo already have good enough lives. Yeah, they're not perfect, but what in life is?

I feel that people(all people) need to learn to accept that at some point & live their lives, and not constantly push for a utopian dream that is likely(for the foreseeable future, that is) all but impossible.
(i.e. people should try to improve their life & that of others, while also being grateful for/learning to live with what they have in life)

That said, I am also more or less done with this......so if you want to chat further, my PM box is open.

-

StingingVelvet: Also I don't really think pride month should be "political" in the West in 2021, but I guess that's optimism on my part,
GamezRanker: As I said, everything is political......i.e. there will always be more than one side to nearly anything.....pride/history months, gog events/sales, etc.

Sidenote: I am more or less okay with/supportive of LGBT being prideful....I mainly dislike companies like GOG and others using/capitalizing on said pride to "sell product and get consumers eager to buy new product".
The reason politics sucks is because people suck, therefore we must ban people! And GOG!
low rated
This seems relevant.