It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

low rated
zgrillo2004: well I have to admit and I will say it here. I am a christian and I dont think what they are doing as a society of promoting child grooming , gender dysphoria, etc is not moral at all. period. I just want to be left alone and if they want to be gay then so be it, but dont tell me to accept it and have my god children be indoctrinated by this filth. Im sorry. I only fly the american flag at my household and I will protect that nation from foreign and domestic threats.
Sachys: you are singularly the most utterly deluded, misinformed and non-christian person i have had the misfortune to witness on these forums in recent times.
read an actual holy bible and not whatever the local "preacher" is selling.
Are you a christian? look in the New or Old Testaments and see where that homosexuality is accepted in society. Every muslim country, bhuudist country, Shintoist country, Communist country, do not accept homosexuality. and Misinformed, I think you are misinformed. Dont throw it in everyones faces, dont promote it in our schools. 4.5% of our country are LGBT, why should you throw it in our childrens faces.I dont care what you want, and you can be what you want with no discrimination. Cease and desist
low rated
Sachys: you are singularly the most utterly deluded, misinformed and non-christian person i have had the misfortune to witness on these forums in recent times.
zgrillo2004: Are you a christian? look in the New or Old Testaments and see where that homosexuality is accepted in society. Every muslim country, bhuudist country, Shintoist country, Communist country, do not accept homosexuality. and Misinformed, I think you are misinformed. Dont throw it in everyones faces, dont promote it in our schools. 4.5% of our country are LGBT, why should you throw it in our childrens faces.I dont care what you want, and you can be what you want with no discrimination. Cease and desist
thanks for proving me correct. bye bye!
low rated
morolf:
What I was trying to explain earlier is that labeling people as "T" -- and then using that to discount them -- over-simplifies the situation and brings a prejudicial prism to the argument.

Also...

... the idea of transition was originally solely meant for DSD and severely dysphoric patients (who also often had some level of DSD (previously known as intersex) and was rigidly monitored and regulated by medical professionals and backed by strict legal procedures for governmental acceptance.

But that all changed with...

... the transgender movement, which was created by a transvestite in order to be able to use hormones and transition. The transgender movement was used to undermine regulation, safeguards, and to demand legal acceptance of essentially "anything goes."

That's why many transsexuals feel the transgender movement is anarchist and has undermined the very idea that DSD and dysphoria can be dealt with as medical issues and instead has brought the problem into the realm of "lifestyle," which can have no true validity in greater society.

Personally, I couldn't care less what a person does to their own body (if they wish to be dependent on external hormones and / or have surgeries, sobeit)...

... but...

... I do believe the scientific / medical community has in fact enabled transgenderism because of the industries (money) that have sprung up around transition...

... and that they (medical establishment) has refused -- probably because of the money -- to look hard at the reasons record numbers of young people are moving toward transgenderism. There certainly is a phenomena at play and the actual science behind it is ridiculously light and veers toward propaganda more than science. IMO the medical establishment has -- yet again -- left the people truly suffering with dysphoria our to dry... and done it for 30 pieces of silver.

Also, I think there are certainly "players" who wish to sow as much confusion in our society -- and children -- as possible. It's hard to make sense of the world if you can't even make sense of yourself. Yes, I know these "players" well.

Again, I detest radicalism and see quite a bit of it in the "transgender" community, but...

... these are just people... who have rights and an expectation of the same respect we ask for ourselves...

... and if being confused or misguided is a crime (as some of them are, but not all)...

... then we're all guilty at some point in our lives.
Post edited June 05, 2021 by kai2
low rated
kai2: Personally, I couldn't care less what a person does to their own body (if they wish to be dependent on external hormones and / or have surgeries, sobeit)...
imo that argument doesn't work when you're talking about teenagers who may be mentally unstable and easily impressionable. There already have been cases of people who later deeply regretted their "transition" and in retrospect thought such an irreversible decision was made too easy, without exploration of less radical alternatives. And as you yourself admit, there's the question of the self-interested profit motive of the medical professionals doing such surgeries.
And "respect we ask for ourselves"...gimme a break, people with views like mine don't get any respect from the establishment in Western countries. The shoe has been on the other foot for quite some time now.
zgrillo2004: Are you a christian? look in the New or Old Testaments and see where that homosexuality is accepted in society. Every muslim country, bhuudist country, Shintoist country, Communist country, do not accept homosexuality. and Misinformed, I think you are misinformed. Dont throw it in everyones faces, dont promote it in our schools. 4.5% of our country are LGBT, why should you throw it in our childrens faces.I dont care what you want, and you can be what you want with no discrimination. Cease and desist
I disagree. My sect of buddhism tolerates homosexuality. What people do in their bedrooms is their own business so long as all suffering is avoided. Seeking to expand your mind to include and help others will help them discover the wisdom of Buddha. Though some different sects or masters may cite the practice as a product of sexual desires. Such is the case with a complex world. But to generalize whole religions like that shows you're the one who is misinformed.

EDIT: also look up Taiwan. 35% buddhist population (almost the same as Taoism), legalized same-sex marriage in 2019.
Post edited June 05, 2021 by Canuck_Cat
low rated
kai2: Personally, I couldn't care less what a person does to their own body (if they wish to be dependent on external hormones and / or have surgeries, sobeit)...
morolf: imo that argument doesn't work when you're talking about teenagers who may be mentally unstable and easily impressionable. There already have been cases of people who later deeply regretted their "transition" and in retrospect thought such an irreversible decision was made too easy, without exploration of less radical alternatives. And as you yourself admit, there's the question of the self-interested profit motive of the medical professionals doing such surgeries.
And "respect we ask for ourselves"...gimme a break, people with views like mine don't get any respect from the establishment in Western countries. The shoe has been on the other foot for quite some time now.
I wasn't making an argument with that statement... obviously it was opinion. But how you would extrapolate -- after everything I've written -- that I was speaking about children is disturbing... and I find it hard to believe you could make that jump in logic unless you didn't actually read what I wrote...?

Even WPath -- which took effect after HBSoC -- doesn't give children the agency to make permanent medical decisions... until they are adults.

What I find vexing is this...

... I make an argument for restricting transition (as it was originally meant under HBSoC) to only those with the most extreme dysphoria and / or DSD (as was part of the original HBSoC)...

... I make an argument -- which is made by many transsexuals -- that transition should be toward being a part of society (and probably upholding the binary... as was initially a part of HBSoC)...

... I make an argument that transgenderism should be rigorously studied in order to find out why it is happening and how best to treat it...

... all things that are "conservative"...

... and yet you are still arguing.

Is your basic argument that transition just shouldn't exist?

Now, if you believe the pronouns are an afront, I'd agree -- especially if a casual conversation could become "violence" because you use a pronoun the person doesn't like (although a courteous person would try and be nice, yes?). And yes, if children are pushed (or allowed) to make life-long medical decisions, that's "insanity;" many adults can't think logically about the ramifications and repercussions of their actions, let alone children. But ultimately...

Even when you don't believe in what others are doing, you have to remember they are people...

... and minority populations are just looking for some public expression that they exist.
Post edited June 05, 2021 by kai2
low rated
Frank_Booth: This thread is the reason why I don't engage with the Gog community.

Good posts by Canuck_Cat though.
Threads like this make me wonder why the admins haven't gone on mass pruning sprees before. It is clear there are bad actors here that have gone for well over several years without getting vaporized. I suppose I'm more used to the Friend Computer style of administration, where the admins show up with big 72 point text to loudly announce that you've won today's spam badge, which comes with a free trip to the forum brig.
SmollestLight: There was no newspost because we thought a big spot visibility and a partner page that explains the reasoning behind the collection was enough.

I also see there are some discussions going on which I don't want to interrupt, but please keep in mind to be civil to each other.
Might I suggest pulling out the hammer and playing this thread like a game of Mogura Taiji? Unless you're waiting for everyone to "mask off" and for the thread to settle down before processing everyone.
Post edited June 05, 2021 by Darvond
low rated
Darvond: Threads like this make me wonder why the admins haven't gone on mass pruning sprees before.
They did.
Darvond: It is clear there are bad actors here that have gone for well over several years without getting vaporized.
There are and they did, but most continued to use alt accounts to affect things anyway, so here we are.
low rated
Breja: Sure. On the other hand, there's the whole Internet out there for everyone to "get it out", and this here is like the "sir, this is Wendy's" meme coming to life.
Here's my thoughts: What GOG did was brave, as they've gone against the grain of their country's current policies.

But you know what most forum admins do when they've got a powder keg thread? They post preemptive warnings that are in addition to normal forum regulations in big BOLD LETTERS.

IE: "If you see this thread as an opportunity to freely attack others, hawks will be sent to pick you up and drop you into a volcano. This is your only warning."

But yeah, at the end of the day this is a digital game store that barely has a grip on what most of their forum users are, so maybe this should have just been a locked forum post left sticky for 24 hours, with an addedum, "We know you can't be trusted to discuss this civily, so you're out of luck."
low rated
Canuck_Cat: EDIT: also look up Taiwan. 35% buddhist population (almost the same as Taoism), legalized same-sex marriage in 2019.
2019 is rather late, though.

In the US, it was legalized nationwide in 2015 IIRC, and I feel even that's rather late, considering the number of countries (and individual US states, for that matter) that had already legalized it at this point.

(In the US, it used to be that you could get gay married in some states but not others; the marriage would be recognized in the state you were married, but not federally (meaning you would be considered married for state taxes but single for federal taxes) thanks to a law named the "Defense of Marriage Act", which was eventually ruled unconstitutional a few years (IIRC) before the ruling on same sex marriage.)

morolf: imo that argument doesn't work when you're talking about teenagers who may be mentally unstable and easily impressionable. There already have been cases of people who later deeply regretted their "transition" and in retrospect thought such an irreversible decision was made too easy, without exploration of less radical alternatives. And as you yourself admit, there's the question of the self-interested profit motive of the medical professionals doing such surgeries.
Except that the treatment given to transgender children doesn't involve anything permanent.
* Changes to one's presentation, or one's name/pronouns, are not lasting.
* Hormone blockers are easily reversible; if the child changes their mind, just take them off blockers and they'll go through puberty normally.
* Opposite-sex hormones are not usually prescribed to children.
* Gender affirming surgeries are not given to children, either. (The one case of genital surgery performed on youth, genital mutilation of intersex babies, is not one that I would consider "affirming", and is something that actually should be outlawed.)
Post edited June 05, 2021 by dtgreene
low rated
Letter warriors will have a rude awakening in +/- 10 years, especially the L, G and B. When they realize it was not about them at all, but getting rid of the concept of gender as a whole.
Post edited June 05, 2021 by Arundir
low rated
kai2: Is your basic argument that transition just shouldn't exist?
I'm extremely sceptical of the concept. imo it's just not possible to change your biological sex. In effect you're selling people a lie, an illusion, and encourage them to mutilate their body in a vague hope they might feel better afterwards. I find the entire approach bizarre tbh. I mean, there are people who regard their limbs or other body parts as something intolerably alien and dream of having them amputated. Would anybody argue that one should just grant them their wish and say "Ok, we're going to chop off your arm, so you'll feel psychologically better about your body!". Yet imo that's pretty much the approach taken on the trans issue.
It's just a very strange treatment imo for an affliction that must be mostly mental in origin. *Maybe" it might be appropriate in some cases, as a sort of stop-gap measure, until the causes of this phenomenon are better understood. But I very much doubt that's true of most cases. And the increase in cases of people claming to be trans is just very curious imo. Either something has changed in the environment and is physiologically affecting people in unprecedented ways (plastics?), or it's a culture-driven fad.
low rated
morolf: imo it's just not possible to change your biological sex.
Via hormones, it is, to the point where, for medical purposes that don't involve genitalia, one needs to be treated as the gender one transitioned to. (This, for example, includes things like dietary and exercise guidelines, as well as risks of disease and the symptoms resulting from diseases.)
low rated
dtgreene: Via hormones, it is, to the point where, for medical purposes that don't involve genitalia, one needs to be treated as the gender one transitioned to. (This, for example, includes things like dietary and exercise guidelines, as well as risks of disease and the symptoms resulting from diseases.)
The sexes are different even on the cell level, with current technology you can't change that.
imo it's an illusion. But obviously we won't agree on this, which is ok.
low rated
apehater: in general, is it necessary to have a certain sexual orientation/gender indetification to enjoy a certain game or what is this all about?
If the source of enjoyment is sexual scenes - then yes. Straight men as a rule don't enjoy BL content.

apehater: whats next now? the "balls of steel collection" picked by their white straight male team members and a big d#ck as background instead of a rainbow?
That's not how intersectional marketing works. Though I wouldn't mind "balls of steel collection" spearheaded by Build engine games.

Btw, I can confirm that there is no link to "Pride Month Collection" from the main GOG store page for the Russian region (even if my language is set to English). But at least the page itself is available.
Post edited June 05, 2021 by LootHunter