It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Confirmed.

The day has finally come and the holy grail of classic gaming has arrived on GOG.com. Welcome, Lucasfilm games! You are among friends, here! We're proud to announce our team-up with ©Disney Interactive that allows for the DRM-free release of 20+ classic titles from the cult-classic developer. We know you waited long for this moment, so we want to reunite you with those golden oldies with as little delay as possible. Today, to start with a bang, we are releasing a selection of 6 acclaimed titles from Lucasfilm's most famous gaming franchises, so that the Lucasfilm/Disney catalog on GOG.com is made impressive from day one. Here are the great titles you can get right away:

<i>Star Wars</i>&trade;: X-Wing Special Edition - digital distribution debut, on GOG.com!
<i>Star Wars</i>&trade;: TIE Fighter Special Edition - digital distribution debut, on GOG.com!
Sam &amp; Max Hit the Road (Windows + Mac + Linux!) - digital distribution debut, on GOG.com!
The Secret of Monkey Island&trade;: Special Edition
Indiana Jones&reg; and the Fate of Atlantis&trade; (Windows + Mac + Linux!)
<i>Star Wars</i>&reg;: Knights of the Old Republic

Note that numerous Lucas titles, including 3 from the launch lineup (Star Wars®: X-Wing Special Edition, Star Wars®: TIE Fighter Special Edition, Sam & Max Hit the Road), are available digitally for the first time ever, ready to play with no fuss on modern operating systems. With more fantastic titles headed for our Lucasfilm/Disney catalog, you can expect to see Lucasfilm games popping up frequently on GOG.com in the coming months.

(C) & ™ Lucasfilm Ltd. All rights reserved. Used under authorization. STAR WARS, INDIANA JONES, SAM & MAX, MONKEY ISLAND and all characters, names, and related properties are trademarks of & (C) Lucasfilm Ltd. and/or its affiliates.
ReynardFox: I have imagined this moment for a long time. Is it real?
yes :P
Tarhiel: I can already see people posting comments like:
"Please, GOG, release <insert you favourite not/yet/released Lucasarts game here> !"

Well, all I can say is mine is Outcast and right now I know it is just a question of time :)
So I will wait here patiently...
They already are :P
JudasIscariot: They already are :P
Elmofongo: QUESTION!!!

Its says 20+ games? The 6 LucasArts games just released considered 6 of the 20+? So that leaves 14+ games left?
All I can say is keep an eye on this space :)
JudasIscariot: All I can say is keep an eye on this space :)
stg83: Will there be any enigmatic hints for upcoming LucasArts classics releases? ;)
The Enigmatic Hints will be full of everyone's conclusions regarding those games so I won't even need to make Enigmatic hints about those games...that and it would be way too easy to guess.

Imagine the Enigmatic Hint for Monkey Island *holds up a picture of a monkey*...it would be guessed within the first post :P
JudasIscariot: Imagine the Enigmatic Hint for Monkey Island *holds up a picture of a monkey*...it would be guessed within the first post :P
stg83: Haha...yeah, you would have to put up a red herring instead of a logical hint to throw people from guessing all these really well known games. :)
The Hints are supposed to be enigmatic and, therefore, should have a correct answer. Red herrings would just defeat the purpose :)
JudasIscariot: The Hints are supposed to be enigmatic and, therefore, should have a correct answer. Red herrings would just defeat the purpose :)
johnnygoging: the purpose is to get people talking and speculating. in the end, when you're dealing with the kind of numbers that you are here, it really doesn't matter. somebody is probably gonna get it right anyway. I remember one time TET climbed a tree or something for Harvester. didn't someone guess it right anyway? it doesn't really matter if you release a red herring or not. I would say that it's more about encouraging speculation and building upon the energy generated from that for your release. as long as the enigmatic hints have even a tangential connection to the games, bordering on contrived even, it's fine as far as I'm concerned. given the speed that these things work generally, anything you can do to throw people off a bit longer is fine. not convinced that a red herring would be too bad of an idea.

and congratulations on getting the Lucasarts games. which is what I came to this to say anyway.
I am all for stimulating discussion but it's more fun knowing that the Hint can have a correct answer :) And yes, TET did climb a tree and yes, the hint was guessed in about 29.5 seconds? I think :)
DarthKaal: When I registered here, almost 6 years ago, I would have never guessed that it would take Disney buying Lucasfilm for LucasArts licensing to finally have some respect for their old fanbase.
TheJoe: It's a bit sad really. Releasing on GOG back when we utterly begged for it might even have saved LucasArts from having to sell to Disney.

Imagine it. Had they released here in good time, no one would have to put up with a shitty new Star Wars film.
Wow, I forgot I wrote a post on that wall :D
lostwolfe: disney releasing lucasarts games drm-free?

mind officially blown.
Lemon_Curry: Ditto. I felt like Al Bundy in this scene when I read the announcement.

JudasIscariot: Wow, I forgot I wrote a post on that wall :D
Lemon_Curry: So did you have at least 1000 first-hour sales? :)
More than likely, knowing how excited everyone was to see them released :)
Elmofongo: Source?
omega64: It's a joke concerning the fact GOG is taking forever with the releases.
If we released them any faster then everyone would be in Silverhawk's situation. We don't want that, do we? :D