It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Rather Anti-DRM / Zoe / Russia
Results / _Slaugh_ / This thread.

bler144: And his pdf hasn't been updated since #722, so not much help there. I did double check everything I think is in play up through then and it matches.
Nope, the newest one ends at #930. ;)
Anti-DRM / Zoe / China
truhlik: Floor Plans / Faith Connors / Panama
 
 
Carmen Sandiego behind bars
 
 
After several days and a lot of money spent on airline tickets, a private eye named "Truhlik" finally locates Carmen Sandiego at the Augusto Vergara Airport.  He stealthily follows her to discover her hideout, and decides to infiltrate it.  The whole place looks deserted, but he can easily spot Carmen Sandiego and two henchmen inside a large control room.  He quietly enters the room, hides himself behind a large statue of Victoriano Lorenzo, and starts to look around.

Carmen Sandiego is holding a mobile phone to her ear, arguing with someone known as "The DRM Overlord".  There is a set of keys on a table, as well as the floor plans of the GOG Manor, its secret basement, and the famous Gogbears Cloning Facility ™.  The henchmen are guarding a door leading to the holding cells area.  A few hours later, Carmen Sandiego grabs the keys on the table and leaves the room, followed by her minions.  They exit the building, and Carmen Sandiego locks the main door behind her.

Truhlik waits a bit, then heads to the door leading to the holding cells area.  He carefully opens the door, and breathes a sigh of relief when he discovers that the place was left unguarded.  Faith Connors is inside a cell, wearing a straitjacket, and a cloth gag has been put over her mouth.  Truhlik manages to pick the lock of the cell door and releases the heroine.  Luckily, the floor plans are still on the table, and Truhlik retrieves them before Faith Connors and him escape the building from the rooftop.

Faith Connors has been rescued, the crucial documents have been recovered, but Carmen Sandiego must be stopped.  When Truhlik and Faith Connors return to the GOG Manor, the governor decides to send all the 36 heroes to Panama, and Carmen Sandiego is quickly captured and thrown in jail. She is now facing charges of robbery, forgery, piracy, conspiracy, espionage, racketeering, sabotage and kidnapping.
 
 
 
Congratulations, detective Truhlik!

According to your forum level, you now have $8 to spend on GOG.  Take your time, and send me a message when you're ready.
 
Post edited June 11, 2015 by _Slaugh_
_Slaugh_:  
 
Congratutions, detective Truhlik!
Congrats truhlik!

_Slaugh_:  
 
Carmen Sandiego is holding a mobile phone to her ear, arguing with someone known as "The DRM Overlord". There is a set of keys on a table, as well as the floor plans of the GOG Manor, its secret basement, and the famous Gogbears Cloning Facility ™.
They were arguing because it turned out she got the Beta floor plans. Not worth much...

Big Thank You to:
Slaugh for another 2 great giveaways. Lots of effort was put to make them much fun (nice hints...)
mrkgnao for entering for me and doubling my chances towards the end (and then sharing his prize from the other GA with me! :)).
helpo for (pardon the pun) helping with eliminations. It would have taken me ages to do the hero ones myself, since I wasn't familiar with many games/universes they appear in.
bler for useful statistics, nice discussions in thread and P̶M̶ Chat and entering for me.
Post edited June 11, 2015 by ZFR
 
A huge thanks to all the participants!  It's been a pleasure to host this giveaway! :-)
 
 
A special thanks to the following folks:

bler144:   Our unstoppable statistician.
helpo1:     Our field investigator and compulsive Tic-tac-toe master.
ZFR:         Our historian and geographer.
 
 
 
 
As a bonus, here are some useful details and statistics...
 
 
 
 
Eliminated documents
 
 
 ▪  Friedrich Miescher has nothing to do with the stolen document.
   ×  Gogbear's DNA

 ▪  It's not Aimé De Mesmaeker 's worst nightmare.
   ×  Contracts

 ▪  Apparently, it's not a top secret document.
   ×  Galaxy Wars ™
   ×  Microfilms

 ▪  No pen or pencil appears on the clue's picture.
   ×  Accounting
   ×  Blueprints

 ▪  The document has nothing to do with this thread.
   ×  Game script

 ▪  The document has nothing to do with Raul's Wild Kingdom.
   ×  Anti-DRM  ᵃ
   ×  Bug list  ᵇ

 ▪  The document is not written in this language.
   ×  Patents  ᶜ

 ▪  Grace Murray Hopper is not involved.
   ×  Source codes

 ▪  The title of the document was not an American television game show.
   ×  Passwords

 ▪  You won't find the document in this Youtube video
   ×  User accounts
 
 
 
 
Eliminated heroes
 
 
 ▪  The hero doesn't wear a deerstalker.
   ×  Sherlock Holmes

 ▪  The hero doesn't wear a fedora.
   ×  Indiana Jones
   ×  Tex Murphy

 ▪  The hero has no relation with LucasArts.
   ×  Ben
   ×  Guybrush Threepwood

 ▪  The hero doesn't wear sunglasses.
   ×  Duke Nukem
   ×  JC Denton

 ▪  The hero has no relation with Valve.
   ×  Alyx Vance
   ×  Chell
   ×  Gordon Freeman

 ▪  The hero is not a character from Resident Evil.
   ×  Jill Valentine
   ×  Leon Scott Kennedy

 ▪  The hero doesn't wear a tie.
   ×  Francis York Morgan
   ×  Max Payne
   ×  Thomas Angelo

 ▪  The hero is not a novelist.
   ×  Alan Wake
   ×  Gabriel Knight

 ▪  The hero is not known as "The World's Greatest Detective".
   ×  Batman

 ▪  The hero doesn't wear a device to improve his/her vision.
   ×  Sam Fisher
   ×  Solid Snake

 ▪  It's in fact a heroine.
   ×  Chuck Greene
   ×  Eddie Riggs
   ×  Garrett
   ×  Geralt of Rivia
   ×  Isaac Clarke
   ×  Lee Everett
   ×  The Prince
 
 
 
 
Eliminated countries
 
 
 ▪  You won't find Raúl Castro in this country.
   ×  Cuba

 ▪  No eagle appears on the country's flag.
   ×  Egypt
   ×  Germany

 ▪  The name of this country appears on postal stamps.
   ×  United Kingdom

 ▪  No black color appears on the country's flag (excluding outlines).
   ×  Belgium
   ×  Jamaica
   ×  South Korea

 ▪  No white cross appears on the country's flag (excluding the outlines and the coat of arms).
   ×  Denmark
   ×  Greece
   ×  Switzerland

 ▪  No horizontal yellow/saffron stripe appears on the country's flag (crosses are not considered as stripes).
   ×  Colombia
   ×  India
   ×  Spain
   ×  Ukraine

 ▪  No white star appears on the country's flag.
   ×  Australia
   ×  Brazil
   ×  Turkey
   ×  United States

 ▪  The country's flag is not red and white only.
   ×  Canada
   ×  Japan
   ×  Peru

 ▪  It's not a Scandinavian country.
   ×  Norway
   ×  Sweden

 ▪  The red color appears on the country's flag.
   ×  Finland  ᵈ
   ×  Ireland
   ×  Uruguay

 ▪  The country is not in Europe (excluding Eurasia).
   ×  France
   ×  Hungary
   ×  Italy
   ×  Portugal
 
 
 
 
Notes :    ᵃ   In the video, Raul exclaims:  " Look, it sticks ! "  This is enough to eliminate the Anti-DRM "stickers".
          ᵇ   Ants are insects, which are commonly called "bugs".  "A Bug's Life" is an animation movie about ants.
          ᶜ   The patent document is written in Polish.
          ᵈ   Scandinavia is made up of Norway, Denmark and Sweden.  Finland is part of the Nordic countries.   ( Wikipedia )
 
 
 
 
 
 
Guesses
 
 
 ▪  <span class="bold">All guesses in PDF format, including the clues</span>  (Posts 1 - 969)
 
 
   ⌂  8 remaining combos   ( 0.04 % )
   ⌂  1 remaining document   ( 7.14 % )
   ⌂  9 remaining heroes   ( 25 % )
   ⌂  6 remaining countries   ( 16.7 % )
 
 
 
 
 
 
Wave           Combinations               Clues          Combos          Chances

No clue           18,144   ―  100 %            n/a            14 - 36 - 36       n/a
Clues # 1        17,150  ―  94.5 %         0 - 1 - 1        14 - 35 - 35       5.5 %
Clues # 2        14,157  ―  78 %           1 - 2 - 2        13 - 33 - 33       22 %
Clues # 3        11,904   ―  65.6 %          1 - 2 - 1        12 - 31 - 32       34.4 %
Clues # 4        8,410   ―  46.4 %          2 - 2 - 3        10 - 29 - 29       53.6 %
Clues # 5        5,408   ―  29.8 %          2 - 3 - 3          8 - 26 - 26        70.2 %
Clues # 6        3,696   ―  20.4 %          1 - 2 - 4         7 - 24 - 22        79.6 %
Clues # 7        1,890   ―  10.4 %          2 - 3 - 4         5 - 21 - 18        89.6 %
Clues # 8        1,140   ―  6.3 %           1 - 2 - 3           4 - 19 - 15        93.7 %
Clues # 9        702     ―  3.9 %            1 - 1 - 2          3 - 18 - 13        96.1 %
Clues # 9        320    ―  1.8 %            1 - 2 - 3          2 - 16 - 10         98.2 %
Clues # 9        54      ―  0.3 %            1 - 7 - 4          1 - 9 - 6           99.7 %
 
 
Attachments:
overview.jpg (489 Kb)
Post edited June 11, 2015 by _Slaugh_
_Slaugh_: ᵈ Scandinavia is made up of Norway, Denmark and Sweden. Finland is part of the Nordic countries.
Be careful when making such controversial statements in public. I've seen people almost starting fistfights when discussing this.
Congrats to {TheLuckyPerson==truhlik} and thanks, as previously mentioned, to {TheGiveawayPerson==_Slaugh_}. :)

ZFR: helpo for (pardon the pun) helping with eliminations. It would have taken me ages to do the hero ones myself, since I wasn't familiar with many games/universes they appear in.
Thanks, none (pun) taken. :D
(Actually, everybody uses this pun, while my username is absolutely not based on any things/words related to that. Why? :P)

_Slaugh_: ... and compulsive Tic-tac-toe master.
Second yay! :P

_Slaugh_: ...
Hm... I'd argue about Garrett because of the <span class="bold">mechanical eye</span> (which A) serves him as an eye; B) incorporates a zoom lens; so it clearly does improve his vision) he has, but (for Slaugh's defense), in contrary to Sam Fisher and Solid Snake, it isn't clearly visible in the picture.

Garrett has a scar around his right eye, the result of having the eye plucked from its socket by Viktoria during The Dark Project incident. The eye has since been replaced by an <span class="bold">experimental mechanical prosthetic</span> given to him by the Hammerites in the aftermath of the Dark Project.
---
The mechanical eye incorporates a zoom lens.
Anyway:

Added when shouldn't be eliminated: Garrett (#10)
Not sure when should be eliminated: Anti-DRM (#6)
Not sure when shouldn't be eliminated: Finland (#9), Russia (#11)
Missed when should be eliminated: -
Well, 4 mistakes (again :P) in 70 eliminations... That's about 94% correct, I think. I think I can be satisfied with myself. :)

BTW, if anybody cares, here's my private WIP elimination list.

PS: Thanks again to _Slaugh_ for the exhaustive statistics. :)
Attachments:
grail.jpg (360 Kb)
Post edited June 11, 2015 by helpo1
Congrats to our Detective truhlik, well done!

Many thanks Slaugh for the good hunt, was really a lot of fun. Appreciate all the work you put in.

Thanks too bler, helpo, ZFR and everyone for helping in the hunt:).
Big hug to truhlik. Congratulations!

And many thanks to _Slaugh_, first and foremost, as well as to ZFR, bler144 and helpo1.
Lol truhlik dropped only a few combos and won XD
I guess less tries = better detective ..in theory :P
Congrats and thanks Slaugh.
Am going to miss the daily hunt.
Moonbeam: Am going to miss the daily hunt.
On the contrary, I definitely need a break... :P
Moonbeam: Am going to miss the daily hunt.
helpo1: On the contrary, I definitely need a break... :P
Yeah, I think 14+ days was enough ;)

Still groggy, but congrats to Truhlik, and thanks to Slaugh for a grand adventure!
Congratulations Truhlik!!!! I like your method.

I knew I should have stayed in Panama! No good detectiving without focus, jumping all around like a undirected grasshopper.

Good work everyone! Thanks all for all of the fun! You were great companions and competition at the same time. Definitely a community bonding experience.

_Slaugh_
, really incredible job with everything. Thank you so much! Huge success! I hope you feel like YOU won! Really - enough can't be said for the appreciation I feel for all the work you put into this.