It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

So DOOM (2016) before Bethesda Softworks and id Software removed Denuvo from the PC version of DOOM (2016) had a few FPS drops from 200+FPS to about 140+FPS to 100+FPS to 90+FPS sometimes going to about 40FPS.

This was with all of the latest patches.

On max graphical settings on Windows 7 64-bit 16GB's of DDR 3 RAM, a Nvidia GTX 960 and a AMD 4 core processor at 3.40Ghz on both singleplayer and multiplayer I got those FPS drops.

On max graphical settings on Windows 7 64-bit 16GB's of DDR 3 RAM, a Nvidia GTX 1060 and a AMD 4 core processor at 3.40Ghz on both singleplayer and multiplayer I got those FPS drops.

On max graphical settings on Windows 7 64-bit 16GB's of DDR 3 RAM, a Nvidia GTX 960 and a Intel Core i5 2500k processor on both singleplayer and multiplayer I got those FPS drops.

On max graphical settings on Windows 7 64-bit 16GB's of DDR 3 RAM, a Nvidia GTX 1060 and a Intel Core i5 2500k processor on both singleplayer and multiplayer I got those FPS drops.

If the FPS is 60 it would drop to 40FPS here and there.

Now on all of those tests as of today for singleplayer and multiplayer I get a constant 120FPS to the 200FPS.

If the FPS is 60 it stays at 60FPS now.

So as I told you guys before Denuvo drops something like anywhere from 10FPS to 30FPS.

Now that Denuvo is removed I don't get any FPS drops at all.

Someone should of done a test with Inside before Denuvo was removed although it's not a graphically intense video game like DOOM (2016) is.

Any PC gamer here who wants to compare tests results tell them if you want to.
Post edited May 08, 2017 by Johnathanamz
Johnathanamz: So DOOM (2016) before Bethesda Softworks and id Software removed Denuvo from the PC version of DOOM (2016) had a few FPS drops from 200+FPS to about 140+FPS to 100+FPS to 90+FPS sometimes going to about 40FPS.

On max graphical settings on Windows 7 64-bit 16GB's of DDR 3 RAM, a Nvidia GTX 960 and a AMD 4 core processor at 3.40Ghz on both singleplayer and multiplayer I got those FPS drops.

On max graphical settings on Windows 7 64-bit 16GB's of DDR 3 RAM, a Nvidia GTX 1060 and a AMD 4 core processor at 3.40Ghz on both singleplayer and multiplayer I got those FPS drops.

On max graphicak settings on Windows 7 64-bit 6GB's of DDR 3 RAM, a Nvidia GTX 960 and a Intel Core i5 2500k processor on both singleplayer and multiplayer I got those FPS drops.

On max graphicak settings on Windows 7 64-bit 6GB's of DDR 3 RAM, a Nvidia GTX 1060 and a Intel Core i5 2500k processor on both singleplayer and multiplayer I got those FPS drops.

Now on all of those tests as of today for singleplayer and multiplayer I get a constant 120FPS to the 200FPS.

So as I told you guys before Denuvo drops something like anywhere from 10FPS to 30FPS.

Someone should of done a test with Inside before Denuvo was removed although it's not a graphically intense video game like DOOM (2016) is.

Ok. I'm unclear. Did you test your computer with the original DOOM or DOOM (2016)?

Because you said "Someone should of done a test with Inside before Denuvo was removed although it's not a graphically intense video game like DOOM (2016) is" that's the part that's confusing. May I ask for a clarification on which game you are testing, please?
Post edited December 08, 2016 by vidsgame
low rated
Johnathanamz: So DOOM (2016) before Bethesda Softworks and id Software removed Denuvo from the PC version of DOOM (2016) had a few FPS drops from 200+FPS to about 140+FPS to 100+FPS to 90+FPS sometimes going to about 40FPS.

On max graphicak settings on Windows 7 64-bit 6GB's of DDR 3 RAM, a Nvidia GTX 960 and a Intel Core i5 2500k processor on both singleplayer and multiplayer I got those FPS drops.

On max graphicak settings on Windows 7 64-bit 6GB's of DDR 3 RAM, a Nvidia GTX 1060 and a Intel Core i5 2500k processor on both singleplayer and multiplayer I got those FPS drops.

vidsgame: Ok. I'm unclear. Did you test your computer with the original DOOM or DOOM (2016)?

Because you said "Someone should of done a test with Inside before Denuvo was removed although it's not a graphically intense video game like DOOM (2016) is" that's the part that's confusing. May I ask for a clarification on which game you are testing, please.
DOOM (2016) is the only DOOM video game that has Denuvo.

The original DOOM video game never had Denuvo since Denuvo didn't exist in the 1990's.

Inside had Denuvo before it was removed and is not a graphically intense video game like DOOM (2016) is.

I want PC gamers who played DOOM (2016) before the patch that removed Denuvo to compare tests results if any of them did.

I managed to since I purchased the PC version of DOOM (2016) on Steam in June of this year.
vidsgame: Ok. I'm unclear. Did you test your computer with the original DOOM or DOOM (2016)?

Because you said "Someone should of done a test with Inside before Denuvo was removed although it's not a graphically intense video game like DOOM (2016) is" that's the part that's confusing. May I ask for a clarification on which game you are testing, please.
Johnathanamz: DOOM (2016) is the only DOOM video game that has Denuvo.

The original DOOM video game never had Denuvo since Denuvo didn't exist in the 1990's.

Inside had Denuvo before it was removed and is not a graphically intense video game like DOOM (2016) is.

I want PC gamers who played DOOM (2016) before the patch that removed Denuvo to compare tests results if any of them did.

I managed to since I purchased the PC version of DOOM (2016) on Steam in June of this year.
Thank you. Someone were to get the boxed copy of DOOM (2016), they would be able to see, unless it's one of those games which requires Steam to update it before playing.

The boxed version being CD Retail unpatched and such.
Post edited December 08, 2016 by vidsgame
so Bethesda removed Denuvo from Doom 2016? This is a great news!
thank you for this information
Johnathanamz: Someone should of done a test with Inside before Denuvo was removed although it's not a graphically intense video game like DOOM (2016) is.
"should have"
One thing I can mention about DOOM (2016) is when Denuvo was integrated, I could never play more than one to one and a half hours before CTD with Memory Access Violation (0xc00000005), and the crash reporter would freeze, forcing me to end it's process tree in task manager. The page for crash issues in the DOOM Steam Discussions grew, and grew, and grew.

I have never had that CTD since Denuvo got the heave-ho from DOOM. Today I played for most of the day, no CTD's, no BSOD's, more FPS. Denuvo not only took FPS from DOOM, but also made the game as unstable as a nuclear reactor without any coolant.

I am still subscribed to the DOOM Crash thread in Steam, I have not been notified of another post, since Denuvo was told where to go.

To me, this proves Denuvo kills a games stability and makes it Crash-Happy!
Post edited May 08, 2017 by hoover1979
Well, I hope that the removal of Denuvo is a sign that Bethesda will be willing to drop the game here on GOG sometime soon.
Pseudoman: Well, I hope that the removal of Denuvo is a sign that Bethesda will be willing to drop the game here on GOG sometime soon.
You realize that the newest Bethesda title here is Morrowind, which just turned 15? We don't even have DOOM 3, yet.
Post edited May 08, 2017 by Pherim
Pseudoman: Well, I hope that the removal of Denuvo is a sign that Bethesda will be willing to drop the game here on GOG sometime soon.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t7hsVa18yfA

That's probably the funniest post I have seen today. If you are very, very lucky, in the next year or two we might see Oblivion released here - hugely expensive, and separate DLC of course. You will not see Doom 2016 here for decades, even at optimistic level.
DOOM running on Vulkan is amazing. More games need this API. If I run DOOM with OpenGL performance is so-so.
If by sometime soon you mean years and years from now, sure.
The performance tests unfortunately are meaningless, because there is no way to compare identical builds with and without Denuvo.
Post edited May 08, 2017 by African_wildlife
low rated
African_wildlife: The performance tests unfortunately are meaningless, because there is no way to compare identical builds with and without Denuvo.
Did you read my stuff?

I got DOOM in June of 2016 and played it on those four PC set ups and then I tried DOOM on those four PC set ups after id Software removed Denuvo and there's I gained a extra 10FPS to 30FPS after id Software removed Denuvo from DOOM.

There's proof Denuvo causes performance drops.

Incidentally gog.com considers Denuvo Digital Rights Management (DRM) and not like some PC gamers think that Denuvo is just a anti-tamper thing.
Post edited May 08, 2017 by Johnathanamz
Johnathanamz: Did you read my stuff?

I got DOOM in June of 2016 and played it on those four PC set ups and then I tried DOOM on those four PC set ups after id Software removed Denuvo and there's I gained a extra 10FPS to 30FPS after id Software removed Denuvo from DOOM.

No, there's anecdotal evidence. Proof would require many more tests than just your 4 configurations and more than just one game. For instance, my anecdotal evidence is the one game that I own that has Denuvo: Dragon Age Inquisition, with which I had no issues whatsoever. Does this mean I have proof that Denuvo causes no problems with games? No.

Johnathanamz: Indecently gog.com considers Denuvo Digital Rights Management (DRM) and not like some PC gamers think that Denuvo is just a anti-tamper thing.
Think you meant 'incidentally', there. ;) And yes, I fail to comprehend how anyone does not consider it DRM.
low rated
Johnathanamz: Did you read my stuff?

GR00T: No, there's anecdotal evidence. Proof would require many more tests than just your 4 configurations and more than just one game. For instance, my anecdotal evidence is the one game that I own that has Denuvo: Dragon Age Inquisition, with which I had no issues whatsoever. Does this mean I have proof that Denuvo causes no problems with games? No.

Johnathanamz: Indecently gog.com considers Denuvo Digital Rights Management (DRM) and not like some PC gamers think that Denuvo is just a anti-tamper thing.
GR00T: Think you meant 'incidentally', there. ;) And yes, I fail to comprehend how anyone does not consider it DRM.
I have 382 hours played of DOOM.

136 of those hours I played DOOM before id Software removed Denuvo.

I have about 100+ hours played of DOOM on those four PC set ups.

I can guarantee you 100% I have seen interesting results before and after on all of those four PC set ups of mine.

Then there's PC gamers who complain about Crashes to Desktop (CTD's) when DOOM had Denuvo and now no more Crashes to Desktop (CTD) after id Software removed Denuvo.

DOOM isn't the only PC version of a video game with Denuvo to suffer from a lot of Crashes to Desktop (CTD's). PC gamers are complaining about the same thing for Mass Effect: Andromeda and NieR: Automata, as well as Sniper: Ghost Warrior 3.

Then there was some problems with Syberia 3 and after they removed Denuvo from Syberia 3 there was hardly any problems after.

Denuvo is developed by the same people who developed SecuROM.

That alone should make you want to avoid Denuvo at all costs.