It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

high rated
[UPDATE: 15.05.2015]
We've started importing the old Private Messages into Chat. :) It's a process so you will see them gradually being added to your conversations.

[ORIGINAL]

Hi all,

Many of you probably already know this - from the various hints we dropped here and there - but for quite some time now we have been hard at work on the brand new My Account section.

Since this is a very vital part of your experience at GOG.com (basically the one place that's 100% yours), and its release day is approaching pretty fast, I wanted to give you some heads-up and a brief overview of the changes that we have in store for you. Read on! :)

New things dedicated to your games:
-- Shared user wishlist. Yes, this highly requested feature will finally make its debut along with the new My Account. With just a few clicks, you will be able to decide whether your wishlist is private (viewable only by you), shared with friends (viewable only by you and people from your friends list, which is the default setting) or shared with everyone (because why not? ;)). You will get a handy link to your wishlist that you can share wherever and with whomever you like (a GOG.com Account is not required to view a wishlist shared with everyone). :)
-- Advanced filtering. We decided that, since your collections are getting bigger and bigger with each passing day, this is the perfect time to introduce some robust filtering options to both the Library AND Wishlist. Now, finding all your RPGs with Polish localization and co-op will be… well... finally possible. ;) It’s worth noting that the filtering options are based on your collection (so if you have no games with a Polish localization, you will not see the Polish option in the language filter).
-- User tags for the Library. With the new My Account, you will be able to create your own tags (up to 50), assign them to your games and movies and later use them to even better navigate and filter your collection. You will be able to assign multiple tags to each item in your collection and doing so will be possible from both your shelf/list directly or from the game/movie details.
-- Orders history. As part of the transition into the new My Account, we are retiring the "gifts" section, but in its place we are giving you a list of ALL your past orders and ALL your gifts, including the ones that have been given to you (finally). The orders history can be tailored and adjusted to your liking with a few clicks (for example, you can change it to list gifts only).
-- Changelogs. You will be able to view game changelogs directly on the new My Account page within the game details overlay. Of course, not every game will have it, but we will be keeping the changelogs up to date for the most popular, latest titles the same way we are doing right now on the forums.
-- Better organization of the downloads list. We improved the way downloads are organized on the game/movie details overlay. It will be easier to download the correct OS and language version of our installers and see which goodies are part of which DLC.

New things dedicated to communication:
-- Friends list. Already introduced in GOG Galaxy, the friends system is making its way to the GOG.com website as part of the new My Account section.
-- Chat. Old and weary private messages are retiring and are transformed into a new, live chat system. Chat will be available from both GOG Galaxy and My Account. Don't worry, all your past conversations that were conducted via private messages will be imported and preserved in the chat (and you will now be able to continue them live!).

Smaller but notable improvements:
-- Proper game versioning. With the new My Account, we will start to display the actual game version in the downloads on the game details overlay, so you will be able to easily identify if the version you have on your computer is the latest one, or it needs updating.
-- Improved navigation. Now it will be easier to jump straight into the store page, support, and forums relevant to each item in your collection.
-- Locale settings. Change your preferred currency and website / newsletter language directly on My Account to have them stored within your profile.
-- Pagination. We brought back the much requested, tried-and-true pagination view to the new My Account. This change is dictated mostly by your convenience but also by performance / stability for accounts with bigger collections (and with better performance, we are improving your convenience at the same time:)). The default size of each page is 100 items, but we believe that with the myriad of new filtering options it won't be a problem.
-- Text titles. The new My Account will display game/movie titles in text form, both on the list and shelf views. No more deciphering the logos on small boxes! :)
-- Mobile device support. Yes, viewing My Account on your mobile device will no longer be a chore.
-- COMING SOON: Proper graphics and links for all titles. We are conducting a little clean up in this area. Pretty sooan all games should have proper graphics and links in place.
-- COMING SOON: 5 new shelf skins. We are starting with only 1 skin (the classic wood), but soon after release we will add a bunch of new styles. It's purely a visual thing, so we didn't want to focus on that before release. Since many of you requested new styles, we will be introducing them pretty soon.
-- COMING SOON: Improved searching. Soon, finding desired titles will be easier thanks to the search improvements that we'll be implementing on the new My Account. Also, as part of the solution, we will be changing the way that titles from a series are ordered (i.e. Broken Sword should always show up before Broken Sword 2).

Of course the full list of changes and improvements is much longer, but highlights should give you a nice overview of what is coming. Hope you like it already, and that you will love it when we release it in just a few days. :)

Lastly, I wanted to point out the two important things that all of you should keep in mind:
-- The change is mandatory. We love freedom of choice, and we love giving it to you whenever it's possible, but unfortunately in this case it's not possible. Maintaining two, completely separate products dedicated to the same things would negatively impact both of them on all fronts. Performance, scalability, our ability to improve and expand them, but most importantly your convenience - as some of the new features were not possible to implement on the old My Account - would all be impacted.
-- Manual sorting is no more. We have decided to skip this functionality because it was beyond our reach to deliver the quality we wanted to. We decided it would be better if we were focused on the numerous other options requested by you.

Hope all of this gives you a clear vision what to expect in the coming days. Also please rest assured that we already have plans on how to develop the My Account section in the near and distant future: what to add, what should be changed a bit, etc., but we are always open to your feedback - so jump in and share your opinion. :)

Take care,
Chamb & The Website Team
Post edited May 15, 2015 by Chamb
high rated
Hi all,

Thanks for all the feeback and keep it coming! We are carefully reading every post in this topic and making some notes (but please understand we cannot respond to each of you ;)).

As for the chat replacing PMs - which seems to be to most hot topic - here are few more details:
-- By default you will be able chat with everyone on GOG.com - they don't have to be your friends.
-- You will be able to change you default privacy settings to "friends only" or block it completely.
-- You will be able to start conversation the same way you did with PMs - by finding specific user on GOG.com. Previously it was limited only to the forums, but with the new My Account we will be extending that to product reviews, community wishlist, GOGmixes (basically to every place user avatar and name appears on GOG.com).
-- You can chat with multiple people at the same time, but each conversation is 1:1. There are no rooms and/or group conversations.
-- The new chat interface look a lot like the PMs, so it will feel pretty familiar.
Post edited May 09, 2015 by Chamb
serpantino: Instead of download as the main option we get:

TRY GOG GALAXY,

What an underhanded way to push a supposedly optional client. Gog is rapidly joining the ranks of the other digital distributors desperately peddling their own client.
NOT correct ,
Surely GOG advertizes their client to make people aware that it is now available but if you actually try to read the page then you will see that it *clearly states* :

--------------------------------------
Always optional

Beyond all these features, the Client will never be mandatory. That’s great motivation for us - we want to make it so good, you’ll actually want to use it.

--------------------------------------

And I personally am using browser in addition with the original GOG downloader to download from my library while I write this to you !

---

However please notice that GOG have stated elsewhere (in a forum post I think) that though the original GOG downloader can not be guaranteed to be able to be compatible with future changes though they say that they will not break it deliberately . ..
But if *that day* comes and they by then have not made the Galaxy Client able to work just as smooth and nice as the original Downloader for people that just wants to download their game install files then I am personally going to beat GOG with a big club until they make it so ;)

I am not a GOG employee but I think that at a place such as GOG that is COMMITTED to the DRM FREE concept AND have made itself by selling DRM FREE games that they have promised that we can download as and when we please then personally I am not going to accept if they stray from that concept - though I on the other hand absolutely welcome the client and the ease of access that that gives for those that wants stuff to be easy and for the less computer savvy . And at present GOG IMO does what it always do , which is try to do things the best way possible at the circumstances given...

*ALSO* - GOG are *STILL* open to hearing your suggestions and comments.
:)
FiatLux: as they speak of "filtering options" and tagging" which if they also allows for "custom name tagging" and sorting by that ought to make you able to sort your games any which way that you want (?)
Kardwill: Sure, but my remark was that the BASIC, DEFAULT filtering doesn't work properly.

Sure, I can make a "RPG" tag and manually put it on every RPG on my shelf, but it's somewhat problematic that I have to do that because the default RPG filtering tag is buggy ;)
A)
It's a work in progress
and B(
If stuff doesn't work then "raise your voice" and help GOG to improve it's site and it's site features (or sam for Galaxy client if referring to that)
FiatLux: I don't think that I forwarded to any post I only referred to (and quoted) the ones in blue at the page top and those I think addressed your sorting question too as they speak of "filtering options" and tagging" which if they also allows for "custom name tagging" and sorting by that ought to make you able to sort your games any which way that you want (?)
moonshineshadow: If they give us an option to sort by the tags. I am not sure of that. Since filtering is not sorting and they never specified this more clearly. Or did I miss something?
Don't know , I am still exploring all this new stuff , but If nothing else you might have missed the fact that you can give input opinions and feedback to help them improve and to maybe make it so if it is not so already :)
FiatLux: Yeah , maybe , but in the new layout they show you all available language and OS downloads at one convenient and easy to view page , thus no more any need to drop down menus to pick your OS and language choice of download where multiple available :)
chronos: Anyway, it's not solved at all. Divinity Original Sin have a single installler too, but it shows all language options in my account.
And I can't properly filter by language since games like Pillars, World of Goo and Beyond G&E count as they were avaiable with a single language.
Oh , sorry to hear that "it is not solved"..
Tell them , tell them , tell them ;)
(Help GOG improve and the rest of us to get a better GOG site ! )
Post edited May 11, 2015 by FiatLux
Grargar: The latest installer for Divinity: Original Sin only holds one language, so if you download the English version, you'll only get the English one.
Yes, I found the option to look files after posting. But the same is for Beyond G & E, it have a different installer for all language avayable, but Spanish only is shown on account.
i used a bit more the new library :

some remarks & suggestions

- remove the pulldown menui "MORE" , because it's a menu on the window which pop-up, it's not very friendly

* instead put different buttons in the window ,corresponding to each function in the menu

- as saod abpve ; the downloader links appears on a page witch doesn't feet well to the interface :

i need to go back with my browser to retirn to the whole library , and if i do that i go back to the previous

ie : if i were on page 3 ; i go back on page 2

- DLC links (downloader) are just listed in one place either under LINUX either under MACOSX (whatever the OS) and there's WINDOWS category for the DLC.

- Displays all page 1-2-3-4 etc instead just the NEXT or PREVIOUS, that's not "fun" actually

- For some games , the opening window when clicking on a game is to small , because there's two many links XD

ie : the witcher 2

either the font size is too mine, or .... i don't know it doesn't seem right....
Post edited May 11, 2015 by DyNaer
I kinda miss the bookshelf view too, this looks like the gog galaxy client. It's not bad per se but yeah the shelf view was fun.

Also, when changing tabs it takes an awful lot of time, at least at first.
moonshineshadow: If they give us an option to sort by the tags. I am not sure of that. Since filtering is not sorting and they never specified this more clearly. Or did I miss something?
FiatLux: Don't know , I am still exploring all this new stuff , but If nothing else you might have missed the fact that you can give input opinions and feedback to help them improve and to maybe make it so if it is not so already :)
I surely have not missed that fact. I just don't believe anymore that they are interested in my opinion, since my ideas of improvement seem to be vastly different than theirs.

But since this thread should be for suggestions and not for venting, I'll leave it at that.
FiatLux: If stuff doesn't work then "raise your voice" and help GOG to improve it's site and it's site features (or sam for Galaxy client if referring to that)
I did. Sent a support ticket, and signalled the problem on both official threads.
Shambhala: Not sure I like all that white space underneath the boxart in grid view, but it may be the fact that it takes some time to get used to new things.
Edit: I find the order history extremely useful, and also extremely scary: I have spent so much money here!
It seems that the white space will display the tag you assign to a game, so if you tag some games as completed for example, you can see it at a glance. Although for those that don't care to use tags, it is kind of a waste of space.
DyNaer: i used a bit more the new library :

some remarks & suggestions

- remove the pulldown menui "MORE" , because it's a menu on the window which pop-up, it's not very friendly

* instead put different buttons in the window ,corresponding to each function in the menu

- as saod abpve ; the downloader links appears on a page witch doesn't feet well to the interface :

i need to go back with my browser to retirn to the whole library , and if i do that i go back to the previous

ie : if i were on page 3 ; i go back on page 2

- DLC links (downloader) are just listed in one place either under LINUX either under MACOSX (whatever the OS) and there's WINDOWS category for the DLC.

- Displays all page 1-2-3-4 etc instead just the NEXT or PREVIOUS, that's not "fun" actually
I see it as impossible to move links from more out to "page" as that would completely clutter the page - so I think that GOG have made the right descision there as long as we talk when using browser such as e.g. Firefox

The " need to go back with my browser to retirn to the whole library , and if i do that i go back to the previous" that you write about is just because you haven't yet discovered that you can / should not left click on the link but instead right click "GOG Downloader links" and then choose to open in new tab , then go to new tab for your downloads (and close tabs when done) and then you are back at the other page in your library which then will be just as you left it :)

FiatLux: If stuff doesn't work then "raise your voice" and help GOG to improve it's site and it's site features (or sam for Galaxy client if referring to that)
Kardwill: I did. Sent a support ticket, and signalled the problem on both official threads.
Great :)
Post edited May 11, 2015 by FiatLux
FiatLux: I see it as impossible to move links from more out to "page" as that would completely clutter the page - so I think that GO have made the right descision there as long as we talk when using browser such as e.g. Firefox

The " need to go back with my browser to retirn to the whole library , and if i do that i go back to the previous" that you write about is just because you haven't yet discovered that you can / should not left click on the link but instead right click "GOG Downloader links" and then choose to open in new tab , then go to new tab for your downloads (and close tabs when done) and then you are back at the other page in your library which then will be just as you left it :)
yup i forgot to mention the browser it's Firefox 37.0.2

Of course i know i could right click to open the link in a new tab , that's not very friendly actually... but as i said earlier i knwo it's a work in progress.
Post edited May 11, 2015 by DyNaer
high rated
Chamb: Quick status update regarding the importing PMs to Chat: we are working on it and they will be imported soon.

Apologies for not making it clear in my initial post that they will not be ready at the same moment as the new My Account.
Not making it clear? There wasn't even a hint that this would be the case. From the OP [emphasis added]:
Chamb: [...]

-- Chat. Old and weary private messages are retiring and are transformed into a new, live chat system. Chat will be available from both GOG Galaxy and My Account. Don't worry, all your past conversations that were conducted via private messages will be imported and preserved in the chat (and you will now be able to continue them live!).

[...]
It says "now", not soon. How can we continue a conversation that's no longer there? And "soon"? How long is "soon"? Is it that difficult to give us a time frame?

But then I asked for a time frame on Friday regarding the new Account system coming out, but it was ignored.

I'm still going through this new account system, and will make a list of observations, but I already have trouble following the logic behind some choices.

For now though I'd like to ask - can we have a "don't show this again" option for that Galaxy client banner in our game collection? Hitting the "X' doesn't do the job, as it's right there again whenever I log in and go to my game collection (it's not a library or shelf anymore).
I get you're pushing it, but showing it once and giving us an option to not have to see it again is much more in line with the "optional character of it, don't you think?

Thanks again for dumping the news of the new Account system coming on a Friday afternoon, then ignoring the questions about a time frame, and rolling it out on Monday. Very much appreciated.
Shambhala: Not sure I like all that white space underneath the boxart in grid view, but it may be the fact that it takes some time to get used to new things.
Edit: I find the order history extremely useful, and also extremely scary: I have spent so much money here!
Exoanthrope: It seems that the white space will display the tag you assign to a game, so if you tag some games as completed for example, you can see it at a glance. Although for those that don't care to use tags, it is kind of a waste of space.
Thanks, I haven't had the time to try out the tags so I didn't see it. Makes more sense now, at least.
Checking my privacy settings my wishlist was defaulted to share with Nobody. I thought it was share with friends...?

And how do we unhide games? I had a few, and they're just gone..?
Post edited May 11, 2015 by paladin181
serpantino: Instead of download as the main option we get:

TRY GOG GALAXY,

What an underhanded way to push a supposedly optional client. Gog is rapidly joining the ranks of the other digital distributors desperately peddling their own client.
I'm not sure what you're getting at, all you have to do is click what you want to start the download, i.e. the game or the extras. Is it the fact that it's at the top of the interface that bothers you, and you would prefer it at the bottom?
HypersomniacLive: [...] Not making it clear? There wasn't even a hint that this would be the case. From the OP [emphasis added]:
Yes it's my fault and I do apologise about that. We are working on it, and when I'll have firm date I'll post it here.

HypersomniacLive: [...] For now though I'd like to ask - can we have a "don't show this again" option for that Galaxy client banner in our game collection? Hitting the "X' doesn't do the job, as it's right there again whenever I log in and go to my game collection (it's not a library or shelf anymore).
If clicked the X we are saving that in LocalStorage.
low rated
HypersomniacLive: For now though I'd like to ask - can we have a "don't show this again" option for that Galaxy client banner in our game collection? Hitting the "X' doesn't do the job, as it's right there again whenever I log in and go to my game collection (it's not a library or shelf anymore).
I get you're pushing it, but showing it once and giving us an option to not have to see it again is much more in line with the "optional character of it, don't you think?

Thanks again for dumping the news of the new Account system coming on a Friday afternoon, then ignoring the questions about a time frame, and rolling it out on Monday. Very much appreciated.
From all that you write in the post then it is clear that you are very unhappy with (and harbors some aggressions towards) the new account and site layout (and other stuff). I hope that you will feel better with things over time :)

As for you wanting GOG to give option "to hide" their Galaxy Client banner then I am sorry that I have to say that I find that as a somewhat childish and grudge like "demand". The Galaxy client is *COMPLETELY OPTIONAL* and the fact that you are annoyed ought not make you completely loose your head. What you ask are really something like asking Steam to remove the "Install Steam" from the top right of their front page even when you are logged in to your account through browser...
*YES* , I *DO* understand that you might find the Galaxy "commercial graphic" on the page annoying but GOG is in a "roll out phase" where they are introducing their new optional gizmo and they probably will tone it down a bit over time if you give them some time... In a time such as this we all have to adjust to the new site layout and we might miss some of the old - but when you get used to it maybe things will look better to you...
Anyway ,, I think that it would be much better if you went into a more positive dialog with GOG once that you have allowed yourself to calm down a little :)