It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

150+ deals up to 85% off in the Most Wanted Games Sale

UPDATE: Still on the hunt? The Saints Row and Metro series just got added to our Most Wanted list for up to 75% off, so all you quality-seeking desperados know what to do!

Many out of ten gamers agree: a healthy wishlist is key to a happy lifestyle.
Case in point, we just launched a sale on over one hundred fifty of the most wishlisted games and DLC on GOG.COM.

That's not the only reason to have a wishlist – give a few pointers to your friends, family, and rich internet strangers; accidentally send it to all your contacts (oops); or if you're waiting for the sale, which you are, we'll let you know when it's time to spend some cash (it's now).

So what tops our community's wishlists?
The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt and expansions hold the #1 spot – grab the complete Game of the Year Edition at 60% off, or continue the story with Hearts of Stone or Blood and Wine both 50% off.
A close second – Planescape: Torment – the legendary RPG's Enhanced Edition is 67% off right now. Followed by the genre-defining Baldur's Gate II in third place – now at 75% off the Enhanced Edition.

The GOG.COM community has an excellent taste in games – the Most Wanted Sale also features Divinity: Original Sin 2 (-15%), Arcanum: Of Steamworks and Magick Obscura (-35%), Darkest Dungeon (-60%), Vampire: The Masquerade – Bloodlines (-75%), SUPERHOT (-50%), Deus Ex (-85%) and over a hundred more up to 85% off!

Do right by your GOG.COM wishlist with the Most Wanted Games Sale, lasting until April 23, 10 PM UTC.
OdanUrr: How good's Anachronox?
Have you found the answer?

I was also checking that game, but, well, it looks to close to Deus Ex finished recently. I'm not sure if I'm ready for the next a few dozens hours in the same mechanics and graphical style ;) Will wait and buy next time.
ciemnogrodzianin: Have you found the answer?

I was also checking that game, but, well, it looks to close to Deus Ex finished recently. I'm not sure if I'm ready for the next a few dozens hours in the same mechanics and graphical style ;) Will wait and buy next time.
"If Planescape: Torment was a sci-fi JRPG"
ciemnogrodzianin: Have you found the answer?

Anachronox is a turn-based squad RPG, nothing like Deus Ex. Great game, unfortunately ends with a cliffhanger with no continuation in sight. Definitely worth checking though.
low rated
Sorry, but I'm about to barf this link all over the most recent news posts because I think this topic deserves more visibility. Given my experiences with GOG during the past year users will be informed after the fact and in a footnote. So go get yourself informed:

Introducing new privacy settings (official "announcement")

You might also want to check your new privacy settings for the upcoming update. Because several users (including myself) had been set to default values that weren't intended - even by GOG.
kohlrak: [...] I could comment on the whole thing, but i'm getting sick of repeating myself. However, this comment in particular bothers me. I'm kinda guilty, too, but let's think about this for a moment. GOG is saying they're going to give away games for free. This means they might have to pay for it out of their own profits (which, from context, it very much seems they had to this time) to do us a favor. Now, on top of that, people are expecting that everyone is going to get a game. So everyone modifies their wishlists to ensure that only the most expensive games that they want they'll get for free or for the largest discounts, when GOG isn't really the one who gets full control over the game prices? Are you kidding me? How can people assume both that gog will give everyone a game from wishlist and also based on what their wishlist come the hour of the giveaway? How selfish can people possibly be? That would easily cost gog enough to close down. This is insanity.

DIsclaimer: i had a lot of joke titles on my list, and even went and bought the cheapest title on my wishlist before the giveaway.
[emphasis added]

You admit to having done exactly what I pointed out, yet here you are preaching that it's unreasonable that others fell for it too.

That's exactly the centre of my point. GOG knows better than anyone that they don't have full control over game prices, discounts, or even which games will be part of the sale, and that the details of the sale were set well before that April 13. When the lingo used, at the eve of the sale, is such as it was, it's designed to create expectations of various degrees; people want to believe that tinkering with their wishlist at the eleventh hour, as they're told to do, will influence what comes in the sale. When those expectations are not satisfied, disappointment follows, and yes, that disappointment is going to be expressed in the sale thread.

IMO, GOG wants more people to use the wishlist more actively, and what better way to use an upcoming sale as the vehicle to achieve it? I already said that people should know better with GOG's track record on hyping and teasing, but it's at least a tad disingenuous for the CM to show up well after the fact in damage-control mode, and effectively claim that they had no hand in starting the hype train when their message was designed to create excitement and hype, and that people's disappointment was of their own doing, and their doing alone.

On another note, I don't know how much overlap between those expecting a free game and those expecting "super cheap" offers is. My impression is that these are two separate groups for the most part, so yes, for the group that expected better discounts than what we've seen in previous sales/promos, that "the most wishlisted games will be super cheap, so get your wishlists started" may qualify as false advertisement, especially given the timing of the message.

kohlrak: [...] It's reasonable to assume the freshest additions aren't on sale, but people would also complain knowing that those are the most wanted games. What about that Xanadu game? That's pretty fresh, too, and it seemed everyone said they were wishlisting it. [...]
I'm not sure what point you're trying to make here. My question isn't why they're not on sale, it's why, given that it's reasonable to assume that the latest and freshest releases won't be discounted, they're part of the sale's (i.e. the list of games that are discounted) recommended tab (see current and previous attached screenshots).

kohlrak: [...] 69k, and it's pretty damn obscure. Consider these platforms, the amount of bots adding on these platforms, and so on. The most reliable information channel is the storefront, which is the one thing every customer has in common. [...]
I don't follow what your link has to do with GOG, or my comment, but sure, if you compare 360K with the total population of China it's a small, not representative sample, but is it really all negligible compared to the number of unique GOG customers? I suspect it isn't.

You know what qualifies as using an obscure channel to communicate something? GOG making an ordinary thread on this forum to announce something that a few hundred of people will read, yet affects all their users, like deciding to default people's chat settings to a specific option.

I don't use social media, so can't claim I'm knowledgable regarding bots, but, besides not knowing how many of GOG's followers are not real humans, you can't have it both ways; those total numbers either count as a metric for everything, benefit and critique alike, or they don't.

As for classifying the newsletter as an obscure channel - well, based on all the claims that people don't change the default settings, then the majority of people with a GOG account are receiving promotional emails. Now, if GOG sent it out selectively, and going by what people have said here that's how it was handled, it begs the question why they went about it this way when at the same time they announced it publicly over their social platforms.
Attachments:
Does anyone know which games are supposed to be on the wallpaper for the most wanted sale?
I can only recognize Geralt from the witcher on the horse on the right. But I dont know which games the dragon, the zombies, the aliens and the other 2 humans are from. Any information on that?

I cant post links for some reason so here is an attachement for reference if anyone wants it.
Attachments:
On April 13th, I received an e-mail from GOG, entitled "WANT IT? WISHLIST IT". And it contained the following sentence: "We'll be granting thousands of wishes to active GOG.COM members on Monday, April 16. Awesome, right? We're not mind readers though, so, you know..."

So, I spent a lot of time modifying my wishlist, and subsequently received absolutely nothing. And so now, I have to ask: did ANYBODY reading this post receive a free, wishlisted game? And if so, was it the cheapest game on your wishlist? I am just wondering if there is any evidence that GOG actually gave away anything, at all...?

In any case, this marketing stunt left me feeling pissed off. I have bought way more games on GOG than I will ever play, so I feel like I have been generous with my money. But that ends now. I did not take part in this April sale, out of spite, and I will not trust deceptive e-mails from GOG again. Enjoy choking on all of that Polish coal smog, GOG!

"Smothered by Smog, Polish Cities Rank Among Europe’s Dirtiest"
www.nytimes.com/2018/04/22/world/europe/poland-pollution.html
Quenadian:
Several people who posted here said they received something, and GOG reps said it was something of the order of 10000 games given out, but that "active user" meant lots of things, any user who interacted with GOG in any way. So there were lots and lots of "entrants", which means the odds were likely way lower than in some other recent giveaways. (At the same time, seems like Gamespot and some youtuber also had related giveaways. Personally only learned of those after the fact, from this thread.)
Do you think Full Throttle and Day of the Tentacle will be cheaper during the summer sale ? Currently i find them too expensive .
i_hope_you_rot: Do you think Full Throttle and Day of the Tentacle will be cheaper during the summer sale ? Currently i find them too expensive .
Full Throttle
Day of the Tentacle

That's the info I found for both games. You could try waiting for better discounts, whenever that may be.
Post edited April 23, 2018 by lanipcga
HypersomniacLive: On a side, but related, note - in the Russian speaking forum the following was said:
The good folks from tech support said to get the gifts need to be subscribed to the mailing list GOG
HypersomniacLive: If that is true, then what you said here ("you don't have to do anything to be eligible to win") isn't, and vice versa. Either way, it's another case of problematic communication.
I don't mind at all that I didn't receive a gift, but if the quoted statement is true then I am slightly miffed that we weren't properly informed ahead of time.
Post edited April 24, 2018 by Lemon_Curry
So it ends.
Frozen: Anachronox is a turn-based squad RPG, nothing like Deus Ex. Great game, unfortunately ends with a cliffhanger with no continuation in sight. Definitely worth checking though.
Thanks! Bought it. ;-)
Post edited April 24, 2018 by OdanUrr