It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

150+ deals up to 85% off in the Most Wanted Games Sale

UPDATE: Still on the hunt? The Saints Row and Metro series just got added to our Most Wanted list for up to 75% off, so all you quality-seeking desperados know what to do!

Many out of ten gamers agree: a healthy wishlist is key to a happy lifestyle.
Case in point, we just launched a sale on over one hundred fifty of the most wishlisted games and DLC on GOG.COM.

That's not the only reason to have a wishlist – give a few pointers to your friends, family, and rich internet strangers; accidentally send it to all your contacts (oops); or if you're waiting for the sale, which you are, we'll let you know when it's time to spend some cash (it's now).

So what tops our community's wishlists?
The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt and expansions hold the #1 spot – grab the complete Game of the Year Edition at 60% off, or continue the story with Hearts of Stone or Blood and Wine both 50% off.
A close second – Planescape: Torment – the legendary RPG's Enhanced Edition is 67% off right now. Followed by the genre-defining Baldur's Gate II in third place – now at 75% off the Enhanced Edition.

The GOG.COM community has an excellent taste in games – the Most Wanted Sale also features Divinity: Original Sin 2 (-15%), Arcanum: Of Steamworks and Magick Obscura (-35%), Darkest Dungeon (-60%), Vampire: The Masquerade – Bloodlines (-75%), SUPERHOT (-50%), Deus Ex (-85%) and over a hundred more up to 85% off!

Do right by your GOG.COM wishlist with the Most Wanted Games Sale, lasting until April 23, 10 PM UTC.
Are they adding games that were already on wishlists before the sale?
Or adding ones that have now appeared on wishlists during the sale? Since when people go and buy games for sale, they see more games they may want for later.
falloutttt: by two games, yes! Fallout 1 and 2. hehe :D
MadalinStroe: You are doing yourself a disservice if you're disconsidering Fallout 3 New Vegas. The team that did Fallout 1&2 used the story scripts that were written for the original Fallout 3(Van Buren) to make New Vegas. The engine is just as wanky as Fallout 3/Oblivion, but the story is there, and New Vegas is the sequel Fallout 1&2 deserved.
oh i have played fallout 3 and new vegas and even fallout 4. i dont hate those games, i'm simply more into isometric type of rpg games. :)
i_hope_you_rot: Unfortunately the two new Divinity games are too expensive even with the discont .
you dont need to finish the first one to play the second. so you can just buy the second a have fun. (in case you dint know).

the first one is good as well, but not as good as the second. the second is absolutely mindblowing. :O
Post edited April 19, 2018 by falloutttt
GOG.com: 150+ deals up to 85% off in the Most Wanted Games Sale

UPDATE: Still on the hunt? The Saints Row and Metro series just got added to our Most Wanted list for up to 75% off, so all you quality-seeking desperados know what to do!

Many out of ten gamers agree: a healthy wishlist is key to a happy lifestyle.
Case in point, we just launched a sale on over one hundred fifty of the most wishlisted games and DLC on GOG.COM.

That's not the only reason to have a wishlist – give a few pointers to your friends, family, and rich internet strangers; accidentally send it to all your contacts (oops); or if you're waiting for the sale, which you are, we'll let you know when it's time to spend some cash (it's now).

So what tops our community's wishlists?
The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt and expansions hold the #1 spot – grab the complete Game of the Year Edition at 60% off, or continue the story with Hearts of Stone or Blood and Wine both 50% off.
A close second – Planescape: Torment – the legendary RPG's Enhanced Edition is 67% off right now. Followed by the genre-defining Baldur's Gate II in third place – now at 75% off the Enhanced Edition.

The GOG.COM community has an excellent taste in games – the Most Wanted Sale also features Divinity: Original Sin 2 (-15%), Arcanum: Of Steamworks and Magick Obscura (-35%), Darkest Dungeon (-60%), Vampire: The Masquerade – Bloodlines (-75%), SUPERHOT (-50%), Deus Ex (-85%) and over a hundred more up to 85% off!

Do right by your GOG.COM wishlist with the Most Wanted Games Sale, lasting until April 23, 10 PM UTC.
Is it really 150+? I see less than that. I think I went through all of them.
Almost picked up Grim Dawn but a couple things stopped me. First, the hotel internet connection is slow and I know I'll forget to download it when I get to a place with a better connection. And second, I really would prefer a GOTY-type package with all of the DLC included. Maybe there will be a GOTY in a couple years, or a sale that bundles the whole thing together at one price. And yes, I do see that the DLCs are also discounted, at 20% off.

With the backlog, I can wait for next time.
bler144: Could be the change was on your bank's end because it's a foreign transaction.

It still works for me, but I get a text warning on my phone every time now.
Lucian_Galca: Yeah same thing for me as I get the warning, but it still won't go through even though I confirm that it's not fraud, so I just use other stores.
Fanatical is doing brute-force IP blocking on IPv4 addresses. I couldn't even view their site. Apparently they don't know IP addresses are usually shared because IPv4 addresses were exhausted 20 years ago. They told me to get a different internet connection. No sale to me, I went elsewhere. Specifically, I went to GOG. GOG.com is mostly problem-free.

I think Fanatical's sales probably dropped like a rock. It's just laziness on their part. There is no excuse for brute-force IP blocking. They should not block actual logged-in customers, and if for some reason they need to, it should always be possible to get around it with a CAPTCHA. But no, they prefer to just block everyone.

My money goes to GOG instead of Fanatical.
Greywolf234: Yes, we had thousands of games to give out, but as you can probably imagine we have many, many more active users eligible for this giveaway. Hope the sale will sweeten it a bit for you, if you did not receive a freebie.
Prian: What i can´t imagine is how a user with nearly 500 games on his account and has therefore given a lot of money to this site is being "not an active user".
This is the fundamental problem. Free games were promised, and the requirements for getting a free game were clearly specified. The was no indication that meeting the requirements for a free game would result in NOT receiving a free game. The advertising was misleading.

Prian: What i can´t imagine is how a user with nearly 500 games on his account and has therefore given a lot of money to this site is being "not an active user".
OldOldGamer: : product marketing did a disservice to GOG with a poorly communicated, not clear and defined criteria.
The criteria was clear. What was not clear is meeting the criteria was only going to enter people into a lottery, with a high chance of not receiving a free game.
Post edited April 19, 2018 by badon
vidsgame: Is it really 150+? I see less than that. I think I went through all of them.
119 showing up on front page, but if you filter catalog by discounted (which at least seems to work now) it's 183. Piles of DLCs probably not on front page, and maybe a few other things.
high rated
elcook: [...] And just to finish, I'd like to say it's a great pity to see all those angry posts here. And I do understand where they are coming from, the messaging we did was misinterpreted and the whole thing was overhyped.
But the whole purpose of this was us wanting to give out free games to GOG users, and we decided to give you a heads up about it. We will definitely be more careful next time we prepare communication for such event, but I'd like you to understand our intension was to make you happy about it, while you don't have to do anything to be eligible to win. [...]
I'm mostly with adaliabooks on this; your track record in terms of generosity towards your customers speaks for itself, and I've benefited from it many times, i.e. I don't care if this time it's something for a non-negligible subset of users, nor did I expect to get anything. And I never doubted your intention to make people happy, which I'm certain that you've accomplished, and continue to do.

But I'm also with bler144 as I've been long enough here to know, and have seen, how you enjoy wording these things for maximum teasing effect. The angry/entitled posts is going too far and a shame, agreed, and I already said that people should know better, but I think that most are, once again, disappointed with the communication than anything else.

I'm not sure you care for some feedback, but I'd like to comment on a couple of points regarding communication.

1. In the twitter and facebook announcements you teased people with:
But we're not mind readers, so you know... START YOUR WISHLIST
This is how you hyped the GA event, and what (many?) people made a banner of and run with. I mean, these things take quite some time to organise, prepare and get everything ready for when they roll out, and your own explanation on what constitutes an active user confirms it, as does a user's comment. Can you really blame people for being disappointed when you got them excited, speculating and tinkering with their wishlists over the weekend in an attempt to increase their chances to get a (most wanted) game from their wishlist, while on Friday you were interacting with your followers on several social media, yet never showed up here to talk to people, and why not, clarify?

2. In those announcements you also said:
The most wishlisted games will get super cheap!
This, in combination with the previous point, is how you hyped the sale, and what got people excited, discussing here and tinkering with their wishlists over the weekend in the (false) belief that they can influence which game will be in the sale, and for what prices. When, again, a sale like this was not set up on Monday morning. Not touching on the fact that selection and price wise this sale is no different from others.

3. In the sale announcement here, there's no word of the GA event, even though you must have been aware that people knew, and were talking, about it since Friday. Why be silent about it? It's your GA, and you're free to do it any way you want. You yourself showed up only after comments from GOG sources in the Russian and Polish speaking fora, that shed some light on the GA event indeed taking place, and somewhat on how it worked, were linked in this thread.
I sometimes get the impression that you (you personally, and everyone else that has served as CM after TET) are somewhat intimidated by the users of the English speaking forum, and try to delay interacting with us as long as possible; this post of yours brought this thought to mind again. Which does you no favours, because, you know, this is the Internet, and things have often gotten out of proportions by the time you show up in damage-control mode.

On a side, but related, note - in the Russian speaking forum the following was said:
The good folks from tech support said to get the gifts need to be subscribed to the mailing list GOG
If that is true, then what you said here ("you don't have to do anything to be eligible to win") isn't, and vice versa. Either way, it's another case of problematic communication.

Regarding the ongoing sale, could you explain why non-discounted games are listed among the titles under the "Recommended" tab of the sale?

kohlrak: [...] It was brought up in the more obscure channels, like the optional email newsletter.
GOG announced it on twitter where they have almost 260K followers, on facebook where they have over 360K followers, on vk.com (I assume the Russian equivalent/version of facebook?) where they have almost 20K followers. Perhaps, if not probably, on more social media I'm not aware of.

I'm no expert on these things, but I'd say this hardly qualifies as bringing it up in the more obscure channels.
Attachments:
badon: This is the fundamental problem. Free games were promised, and the requirements for getting a free game were clearly specified. The was no indication that meeting the requirements for a free game would result in NOT receiving a free game. The advertising was misleading.

OldOldGamer: : product marketing did a disservice to GOG with a poorly communicated, not clear and defined criteria.
badon: The criteria was clear. What was not clear is meeting the criteria was only going to enter people into a lottery, with a high chance of not receiving a free game.
There was indication. A number, although vague, was specified. If i heard the government was giving away millions of checks valued at 1000 USD, i'm going to assume my odds are 2:325.7 of getting 1000 bucks. I'm not going to assume everyone in america is going to get one. This indication was very, very clear.
HypersomniacLive: and what got people excited, discussing here and tinkering with their wishlists over the weekend in the (false) belief that they can influence which game will be in the sale, and for what prices
I could comment on the whole thing, but i'm getting sick of repeating myself. However, this comment in particular bothers me. I'm kinda guilty, too, but let's think about this for a moment. GOG is saying they're going to give away games for free. This means they might have to pay for it out of their own profits (which, from context, it very much seems they had to this time) to do us a favor. Now, on top of that, people are expecting that everyone is going to get a game. So everyone modifies their wishlists to ensure that only the most expensive games that they want they'll get for free or for the largest discounts, when GOG isn't really the one who gets full control over the game prices? Are you kidding me? How can people assume both that gog will give everyone a game from wishlist and also based on what their wishlist come the hour of the giveaway? How selfish can people possibly be? That would easily cost gog enough to close down. This is insanity.

DIsclaimer: i had a lot of joke titles on my list, and even went and bought the cheapest title on my wishlist before the giveaway.
Post edited April 19, 2018 by kohlrak
badon: This is the fundamental problem. Free games were promised, and the requirements for getting a free game were clearly specified. The was no indication that meeting the requirements for a free game would result in NOT receiving a free game. The advertising was misleading.

The criteria was clear. What was not clear is meeting the criteria was only going to enter people into a lottery, with a high chance of not receiving a free game.
kohlrak: There was indication. A number, although vague, was specified. If i heard the government was giving away millions of checks valued at 1000 USD, i'm going to assume my odds are 2:325.7 of getting 1000 bucks. I'm not going to assume everyone in america is going to get one. This indication was very, very clear.
In your example you left out the requirements part. If you get a list of requirements and something promised in exchange for meeting those requirements, there is no reason for you to suspect you might not get what was promised - ASSUMING YOU TRUST THE PROMISE. That's the problem. Loyal fans of GOG feel like they have been deceived, and their trust was abused. All for an average sale promotion.

As always, people can show their disapproval by not giving GOG their money, but in my case I bought some stuff, so I guess I don't care very much that I didn't get a free game...
EDIT: I changed my mind.

The good folks from tech support said to get the gifts need to be subscribed to the mailing list GOG
HypersomniacLive: If that is true, then what you said here ("you don't have to do anything to be eligible to win") isn't, and vice versa. Either way, it's another case of problematic communication.

Regarding the ongoing sale, could you explain why non-discounted games are listed among the titles under the "Recommended" tab of the sale?
It's reasonable to assume the freshest additions aren't on sale, but people would also complain knowing that those are the most wanted games. What about that Xanadu game? That's pretty fresh, too, and it seemed everyone said they were wishlisting it.
kohlrak: [...] It was brought up in the more obscure channels, like the optional email newsletter.
GOG announced it on twitter where they have almost 260K followers, on facebook where they have over 360K followers, on vk.com (I assume the Russian equivalent/version of facebook?) where they have almost 20K followers. Perhaps, if not probably, on more social media I'm not aware of.

I'm no expert on these things, but I'd say this hardly qualifies as bringing it up in the more obscure channels.
69k, and it's pretty damn obscure. Consider these platforms, the amount of bots adding on these platforms, and so on. The most reliable information channel is the storefront, which is the one thing every customer has in common.
kohlrak: There was indication. A number, although vague, was specified. If i heard the government was giving away millions of checks valued at 1000 USD, i'm going to assume my odds are 2:325.7 of getting 1000 bucks. I'm not going to assume everyone in america is going to get one. This indication was very, very clear.
badon: In your example you left out the requirements part. If you get a list of requirements and something promised in exchange for meeting those requirements, there is no reason for you to suspect you might not get what was promised - ASSUMING YOU TRUST THE PROMISE. That's the problem. Loyal fans of GOG feel like they have been deceived, and their trust was abused. All for an average sale promotion.

As always, people can show their disapproval by not giving GOG their money, but in my case I bought some stuff, so I guess I don't care very much that I didn't get a free game...
That's based on contract logic. A contract requires a loss from both parties. The people disappointed did nothing even in the least bit significant to get anything. Sure, the requirements were left out, but then that's not GOG's problem. Any smart person demands clarity, even from a significant other. If i told my girlfriend i was going to perform a favor for her, "if you do the right things," then her immediate response would be "so what are the right things?" If i don't answer, she'll be like "meh, i ain't fallin' for that."
Post edited April 19, 2018 by kohlrak
kohlrak: GOG is saying they're going to give away games for free. This means they might have to pay for it out of their own profits (which, from context, it very much seems they had to this time) to do us a favor. Now, on top of that, people are expecting that everyone is going to get a game. So everyone modifies their wishlists to ensure that only the most expensive games that they want they'll get for free or for the largest discounts, when GOG isn't really the one who gets full control over the game prices? Are you kidding me? How can people assume both that gog will give everyone a game from wishlist and also based on what their wishlist come the hour of the giveaway? How selfish can people possibly be? That would easily cost gog enough to close down. This is insanity.
No, it's GOG's problem. The promotion promised free games. How it happens is for GOG to decide. Ordinary customers don't know and don't care how GOG plans to supply the free games, and in fact GOG has given away lots of free games before (and ongoing now), so nobody is questioning GOG when the company says they're giving away free games. Once again, the customers are trusting GOG. If we don't trust GOG, then we might question the integrity of their giveaway event.
kohlrak: Any smart person demands clarity
Yes, you are clearly much smarter than the rest of us.
kohlrak: GOG is saying they're going to give away games for free. This means they might have to pay for it out of their own profits (which, from context, it very much seems they had to this time) to do us a favor. Now, on top of that, people are expecting that everyone is going to get a game. So everyone modifies their wishlists to ensure that only the most expensive games that they want they'll get for free or for the largest discounts, when GOG isn't really the one who gets full control over the game prices? Are you kidding me? How can people assume both that gog will give everyone a game from wishlist and also based on what their wishlist come the hour of the giveaway? How selfish can people possibly be? That would easily cost gog enough to close down. This is insanity.
badon: No, it's GOG's problem. The promotion promised free games. How it happens is for GOG to decide. Ordinary customers don't know and don't care how GOG plans to supply the free games, and in fact GOG has given away lots of free games before (and ongoing now), so nobody is questioning GOG when the company says they're giving away free games. Once again, the customers are trusting GOG. If we don't trust GOG, then we might question the integrity of their giveaway event.
No, it's not gog's probblem. It's basic math, and understanding. The gog giveaways are coordinated with the devs. Promising free games from the wishlists means they'd have to get in touch with every dev to cover their bases.... And over the weekend (actually, in a short period of time since you also imply that changing our wishlists should have made a difference). In other words, gog paid for our games, not just gave them to us for free. They had to pay the dev's cut. Yet, we're not happy. This is insane.
kohlrak: This is insane.
Right, you're clearly the only sane person here. The rest of us must be crazy for disagreeing with you.
kohlrak: This is insane.
badon: Right, you're clearly the only sane person here. The rest of us must be crazy for disagreeing with you.
How about this. Tomorrow, GOG promises to give every user a car by the end of the week. Are you stupid enough to expect a Ferrari, or are you reasonable to expect a Matchbox or a copy of Jalopy?