It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

150+ deals up to 85% off in the Most Wanted Games Sale

UPDATE: Still on the hunt? The Saints Row and Metro series just got added to our Most Wanted list for up to 75% off, so all you quality-seeking desperados know what to do!

Many out of ten gamers agree: a healthy wishlist is key to a happy lifestyle.
Case in point, we just launched a sale on over one hundred fifty of the most wishlisted games and DLC on GOG.COM.

That's not the only reason to have a wishlist – give a few pointers to your friends, family, and rich internet strangers; accidentally send it to all your contacts (oops); or if you're waiting for the sale, which you are, we'll let you know when it's time to spend some cash (it's now).

So what tops our community's wishlists?
The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt and expansions hold the #1 spot – grab the complete Game of the Year Edition at 60% off, or continue the story with Hearts of Stone or Blood and Wine both 50% off.
A close second – Planescape: Torment – the legendary RPG's Enhanced Edition is 67% off right now. Followed by the genre-defining Baldur's Gate II in third place – now at 75% off the Enhanced Edition.

The GOG.COM community has an excellent taste in games – the Most Wanted Sale also features Divinity: Original Sin 2 (-15%), Arcanum: Of Steamworks and Magick Obscura (-35%), Darkest Dungeon (-60%), Vampire: The Masquerade – Bloodlines (-75%), SUPERHOT (-50%), Deus Ex (-85%) and over a hundred more up to 85% off!

Do right by your GOG.COM wishlist with the Most Wanted Games Sale, lasting until April 23, 10 PM UTC.
AND on steam Darkest Dungeon's is 66% off (and the DLC's are about 5% more off for each ones discount) what the heck? Good thing I waited
Why can't we be told how many gifts were given, and which games they were?

Furthermore, why is there no listing for what games are most wishlisted on a rank based chart?

Honestly, it makes me wonder if this wasn't completely bullshit on gog's part. How hard is it to do these things, and why in the hell didn't anyone at gog hq think of transparency. Hell they barely communicated that games had been given away, and only on some polish subforum, which is incredibly poor form.
ecamber: Thanks for the free game off my wishlist GOG! A very nice surprise :)
ciemnogrodzianin: Congratulations and have a nice play! :)
Could you, please, tell us the title? Is it Transistor perhaps?
Nope, it was Forgotten Realms: The Archives - Collection Three. Menzoberranzan is a pretty cool game. :)
In my wishlist, only 2 out of 41 games are discounted.
And for those two, the prices are so high, even with the discount,
that I might as well save that money for something with more purpose.
The way I see it, it's hardly a wishlist sale.
Post edited April 17, 2018 by dragon_bard
Jinxtah: Why can't we be told how many gifts were given, and which games they were?
Yep, I'd want to see that. Top 100 at least, in order, if it can't be made into a catalog sorting option. Just out of curiosity.
Jinxtah: Why can't we be told how many gifts were given
"thousands" :D
Tallima: (image)
Only from the neck up?! What a tease you are!!
i_hope_you_rot: I saw a guy who received a free game with a postcount of 2 .
drmike: The five or six folks I saw reporting free games, all by one had reps under 5.

Having said that, again I'm not looking at posting here in the forums as to what makes an active user. We all know it's the crazies um enlightened folks who post here.

But when one of those folks who received a free game posts that they've only been here for the free games, something is up.

Moot anyway. Not like GoG staff pays any attention to the main forums. We're never going to find out how they defined this giveaway.
I flap my arms, but that is not enough for you?
kohlrak: GOG did us solids, they could not have been expected, in any way, to sit there and monitor this hype. This is the fault of the community, and the community alone. There is no basis for faulting gog for the "lack of communication" on this one.
I agree.
kohlrak: This sale was hardly hyped by anyone other than us. GOG did us solids, they could not have been expected, in any way, to sit there and monitor this hype.
Yes, people did blow it out of proportion as I already said but

1. The initial announcement from GOG was very poorly worded and unclear
2. Yes, they could be expected to sit there and monitor the hype, that's what you've got PR people for, and that's why you do any sort of a PR stunt for
3. Anyone with a half a brain who's been on the internet for more than a day in his life should be able to predict people blowing things out of proportion. No particular PR skillset required, just basic knowledge of how the internet culture works.
Did you guys ever consider that active users might just people who buy a lot of games on GoG? I almost never post here and only came here to see what game goes with the Martian Tripod on sales banner but I've bought hundreds of games from GoG and I got Planescape Torment.

In general, forums are populated by and visited by a tiny fraction of a people who use a site. Supposing that forum participation is what triggered the giveaway or that because most people hadn't posted what they got is looking at the world though a pretty forum centriuc filter.
kohlrak: This sale was hardly hyped by anyone other than us. GOG did us solids, they could not have been expected, in any way, to sit there and monitor this hype.
Breja: Yes, people did blow it out of proportion as I already said but

1. The initial announcement from GOG was very poorly worded and unclear
2. Yes, they could be expected to sit there and monitor the hype, that's what you've got PR people for, and that's why you do any sort of a PR stunt for
The announcement came friday. We know that the majority, if not all, gog employees have off on the weekends, just from how nothing ever gets posted on the weekends. GOG also extends their offers and such to areas where they're not strong on the language (like english).
3. Anyone with a half a brain who's been on the internet for more than a day in his life should be able to predict people blowing things out of proportion. No particular PR skillset required, just basic knowledge of how the internet culture works.
Yep, especially customers who may have a bit more experience than the companies. You guys knew that you were barking up the wrong tree. We had the community itself telling the community that we're misinterpreting everything. But, no, GOG made it too vague, right? GOG should be the voice of reason, right? If GOG were suppoed to sit here and squash every rumor, they would never have anyone to do support or what not. We've said it was important that GOG do some PR and clarify things when things go wrong. They actually did so in this case. Not as early as some wanted, you guys are being unreasonable. People turn around and ask "when was GOG cool? Oh yeah, a long time ago, but not today." I can just imagine what a "long time ago" looked like. Look, i have my problems with GOG's PR sometimes (most of the time), but this is being absolutely unreasonable. Should gog write their own reviews for every game they sell, just so we don't overhype them, too?
Tempted to pick up Grim Dawn and Transistor. And Psychonauts.
What's the deal with this event? I did get a free copy of 'Thimbleweed Park' that was on my wishlist, so that was nice. But didn't everyone get a game, or just certain people, or just certain games?

There was no notification in Galaxy, just an email informing me of the game being granted. And while I knew of the sale I knew nothing about them giving stuff away. I'm confused but freebies are always welcome.....
high rated
There have been a few questions dropped after my previous post, so let me address that.

Who we call those mystery "active users"? And why these are not only long-time forum users?

So an active user means lots of things, but in general it's a user which in a selected time frame (be it 1 week, 30 days, 3 months, etc.) was interacting with GOG in any way - it can be a post on the forums, a purchase, adding game to a wishlist, etc. These are users who have GOG accounts, and are still using the service, and show interest in what we have on offer. That's why if you saw a user who had only 5 rep points and they got a free game, it means the user might not be a frequent forum poster, but they are still interacting with GOG in other ways.

How many games were given out?

In total, there were more than 10k games given away to GOG users.

What games were given out?

Thanks to our great partners we were able to give out most of the titles that you can find in the Most Wanted Sale.

And just to finish, I'd like to say it's a great pity to see all those angry posts here. And I do understand where they are coming from, the messaging we did was misinterpreted and the whole thing was overhyped.
But the whole purpose of this was us wanting to give out free games to GOG users, and we decided to give you a heads up about it. We will definitely be more careful next time we prepare communication for such event, but I'd like you to understand our intension was to make you happy about it, while you don't have to do anything to be eligible to win.

Hope that clears it a bit.