It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

150+ deals up to 85% off in the Most Wanted Games Sale

UPDATE: Still on the hunt? The Saints Row and Metro series just got added to our Most Wanted list for up to 75% off, so all you quality-seeking desperados know what to do!

Many out of ten gamers agree: a healthy wishlist is key to a happy lifestyle.
Case in point, we just launched a sale on over one hundred fifty of the most wishlisted games and DLC on GOG.COM.

That's not the only reason to have a wishlist – give a few pointers to your friends, family, and rich internet strangers; accidentally send it to all your contacts (oops); or if you're waiting for the sale, which you are, we'll let you know when it's time to spend some cash (it's now).

So what tops our community's wishlists?
The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt and expansions hold the #1 spot – grab the complete Game of the Year Edition at 60% off, or continue the story with Hearts of Stone or Blood and Wine both 50% off.
A close second – Planescape: Torment – the legendary RPG's Enhanced Edition is 67% off right now. Followed by the genre-defining Baldur's Gate II in third place – now at 75% off the Enhanced Edition.

The GOG.COM community has an excellent taste in games – the Most Wanted Sale also features Divinity: Original Sin 2 (-15%), Arcanum: Of Steamworks and Magick Obscura (-35%), Darkest Dungeon (-60%), Vampire: The Masquerade – Bloodlines (-75%), SUPERHOT (-50%), Deus Ex (-85%) and over a hundred more up to 85% off!

Do right by your GOG.COM wishlist with the Most Wanted Games Sale, lasting until April 23, 10 PM UTC.
thomq: I think the horned helmeted one on the left resembles the pic of Doomdark's Revenge.

That middle one though doesn't have either the mechanical arm or hairstyle of Bombshell. I skimmed everything on the front page and I'm still lost with that one.
Vythonaut: Good catch! Maybe the middle one is just like the walker on the right, maybe a hint of something that's coming this way?
Given this sale is about games already on wishlists... Eh, why bother with logic, since everyone's going to get super excited and complain when GOG didn't meet their expectations, anyway, right?

But we're talking about a giant tripod, right? Hm...

Now I understand.

Cavalary: Just to weigh in on this too, don't really see what happened as an issue, though some poor communication on GOG's part is a given. They did word it in a way implying there were lots of games to give away, but without knowing what the userbase is, there's no way to estimate odds. There is a question about the requirements, yeah, that should have been made clearer, and the notification should have been on site as well, not just for those who have news emails on, but in the end it's a random draw.

I didn't receive anything, but then again I DID win on the last 2 major ones, that Destructoid one, where they had 400 odd games to give but can't estimate odds due to not knowing the number of entries, and the Twitch one, where odds were around 50%, since they posted the numbers after, so definitely can't complain. Sure, something actually on my wishlist would have been nice, as those weren't, but then again a good part of my wishlist is made up of games I couldn't play on this computer anyway. At the same time, a good 2/3 of it is made up of games I wouldn't buy (or trade for) due to being regionally priced with prices above base (more and more actually for me as well, but counting anywhere), so giveaways are the only way I'll get them and was therefore hoping for one, even if it'll go on backlog for years to come.
But the hopes I created myself are no reason for complaint towards GOG (the regional pricing is...). This, however, does NOT mean I agree with kohlrak's statement that we should just accept that companies are dishonest and work against us. We must fight that tooth and nail, and especially here, where GOG WAS different. Very very strong emphasis on the past tense.

What I can easily complain about, on the other hand, is a hyped up weak sale. Even went out to buy a PSC for this and... Should have bought it a few days ago when Serpent in the Staglands was the daily deal, as there's clearly nothing in the sale I'd get. And it's utterly underwhelming in terms of number of games for a hyped up / major sale. Heck, there were weekly or weekend sales that approached this number.
Not even a quote to give me notification. For shame. This sale was hardly hyped by anyone other than us. GOG did us solids, they could not have been expected, in any way, to sit there and monitor this hype. This is the fault of the community, and the community alone. There is no basis for faulting gog for the "lack of communication" on this one. They promised something for nothing and delivered, just as stated. And some people are a bit butthurt. And then when GOG decides not to do nice stuff, we wonder why "they've become such cunts." Please, there are legitimate issues with GOG, but the drama around this sale has been inane and asenine.
Post edited April 17, 2018 by kohlrak
ussnorway: the sad truth is every game I would play is already in my library... do you feel sorry for me?
Quite the opposite. There are new releases all the time, though, so your collection can only ever be temporarily complete.
Didn't get any gift, but not a big deal.

The overall sale is a bit meh.
Huh. I already own about every game that is on sale that I want, except a few that are only getting some low discounts, guess I get to save some cash this sale. Doing that more and more these days, GOG
paladin181: Huh. I already own about every game that is on sale that I want, except a few that are only getting some low discounts, guess I get to save some cash this sale. Doing that more and more these days, GOG
Quit buying so many games. XD
kohlrak: But we're talking about a giant tripod, right? Hm...
Heh, it's been a while since i saw a HL3 joke. :P
guys, dont waste your money on stupid games, just buy Divinity: Original Sin 2. there's no better game out there!

that is all, thank you!
deja65: I am still waiting for the Keaning ;).Cheers
Keane saves! I still remember how he finally let us sleep during the first Insomniac Sale... Those were the days.
deleted
Let me repeat my question :

When will Gog reward its long time customers ( registered in 2008-2009 ) ?
deleted
elcook: but as you can probably imagine we have many, many more active users eligible for this giveaway
I saw a guy who received a free game with a postcount of 2 .
Post edited April 17, 2018 by i_hope_you_rot
elcook: but as you can probably imagine we have many, many more active users eligible for this giveaway
i_hope_you_rot: I saw a guy who received a free game with a postcount of 2 .
The five or six folks I saw reporting free games, all by one had reps under 5.

Having said that, again I'm not looking at posting here in the forums as to what makes an active user. We all know it's the crazies um enlightened folks who post here.

But when one of those folks who received a free game posts that they've only been here for the free games, something is up.

Moot anyway. Not like GoG staff pays any attention to the main forums. We're never going to find out how they defined this giveaway.
Post edited April 17, 2018 by drmike
i_hope_you_rot: Let me repeat my question :

When will Gog reward its long time customers ( registered in 2008-2009 ) ?
Well, you know what they say about the passage of time and wisdom. The two don't necessarily go hand in hand.
drmike: Having said that, again I'm not looking at posting here in the forums as to what makes an active user. We all know it's the crazies um enlightened folks who post here.
We've once had a topic like that at some point. :P