It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

150+ deals up to 85% off in the Most Wanted Games Sale

UPDATE: Still on the hunt? The Saints Row and Metro series just got added to our Most Wanted list for up to 75% off, so all you quality-seeking desperados know what to do!

Many out of ten gamers agree: a healthy wishlist is key to a happy lifestyle.
Case in point, we just launched a sale on over one hundred fifty of the most wishlisted games and DLC on GOG.COM.

That's not the only reason to have a wishlist – give a few pointers to your friends, family, and rich internet strangers; accidentally send it to all your contacts (oops); or if you're waiting for the sale, which you are, we'll let you know when it's time to spend some cash (it's now).

So what tops our community's wishlists?
The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt and expansions hold the #1 spot – grab the complete Game of the Year Edition at 60% off, or continue the story with Hearts of Stone or Blood and Wine both 50% off.
A close second – Planescape: Torment – the legendary RPG's Enhanced Edition is 67% off right now. Followed by the genre-defining Baldur's Gate II in third place – now at 75% off the Enhanced Edition.

The GOG.COM community has an excellent taste in games – the Most Wanted Sale also features Divinity: Original Sin 2 (-15%), Arcanum: Of Steamworks and Magick Obscura (-35%), Darkest Dungeon (-60%), Vampire: The Masquerade – Bloodlines (-75%), SUPERHOT (-50%), Deus Ex (-85%) and over a hundred more up to 85% off!

Do right by your GOG.COM wishlist with the Most Wanted Games Sale, lasting until April 23, 10 PM UTC.
I am still waiting for the Keaning ;).Cheers
elcook: Hey all! Sorry for not communicating this clearly that all gifts were already sent a few hours ago. So check your mailbox if you haven't already, to see if there is something from GOG.
Yes, we had thousands of games to give out, but as you can probably imagine we have many, many more active users eligible for this giveaway. Hope the sale will sweeten it a bit for you, if you did not receive a freebie.
OdanUrr: I don't mind not getting a free game that would've probably ended up in my backlog anyway, but please do something about improving how you go about communicating/promoting these things. I'm sure I wasn't the only one who expected to get a free game from his/her wishlist and was disappointed that the non-existent fine print read, "Only X number of games will be gifted."
You were not the only one disappointed.
They could have done this promotional stuff better.
Given my overstuffed backlog, the two reasons why I enjoy and look forward to gog's promo sales are :

1) The inventive gimmicks.

2) The outraged whining.

Got a bit disappointed by the first (although it's pretty close to what I expected), but damn does the second provide. Delicious. Had we had legal threats yet or is it a new one ?

Yeah, the announcement lead me to believe that I would receive thousands of free games, and oh noes I didn't. Damn you gog. That said, anyone who has followed gog (or any online shop) for more than three weeks, or who has ever seen a commercial somewhere somehow at some point in their life, would have kept in mind the vague possibility of a non-miraculous (and financially sustainable) outcome. And would have giggled at the hype and the overexcited speculations (and tactical planifications) around it.

I regret that the giveaways were invisible instead of going through some fun spectacular device. GOG sales are usually form over content, but, as such, their forms are usually worth it. Oh well. At least the complains are particularly dramatic this time, so this compensates that. Still counts as success.

Also, Monstrum is on sale. Cool.
DrRoxo: So wait, were any games actually given out for free*? I'm confused.
Yeah. Users who fit a certain criteria were selected at random and got random games from their wishlist chosen and given for free*. I normally don't win big on these kinds of things, but i did this time.

Telika: Given my overstuffed backlog, the two reasons why I enjoy and look forward to gog's promo sales are :

1) The inventive gimmicks.

2) The outraged whining.

Got a bit disappointed by the first (although it's pretty close to what I expected), but damn does the second provide. Delicious. Had we had legal threats yet or is it a new one ?
Oh yeah, we're already debating the legality of whether or not every gog user should have gotten a free* game from their wishlist.

Yeah, the announcement lead me to believe that I would receive thousands of free* games, and oh noes I didn't. Damn you gog. That said, anyone who has followed gog (or any online shop) for more than three weeks, or who has ever seen a commercial somewhere somehow at some point in their life, would have kept in mind the vague possibility of a non-miraculous (and financially sustainable) outcome. And would have giggled at the hype and the overexcited speculations (and tactical planifications) around it.
The real irony is that GOG didn't even do anything to hype this, really. In lamens terms, it was phrased "meh, we're going to give a bunch of random people a random game on their wishlist to reward them for using the feature. Btw, we're letting you know we're doing this so you can actually start building a wishlist, especially in case you actually are one of the random shmucks getting a free* game, we want to know what to give you."

I regret that the giveaways were invisible instead of going through some fun spectacular device. GOG sales are usually form over content, but, as such, their forms are usually worth it. Oh well. At least the complains are particularly dramatic this time, so this compensates that. Still counts as success.

Also, Monstrum is on sale. Cool.
What's acutally fun here is that people are denying that the games are even wishlisted, yet if you look at the top sellers right now, they're either not released yet, or on sale. We haven't seen this in a long time for gog sales, yet, for some reason, this underhyped (outside of the wild and baseless fantasies) sale is getting a ton of sales done.

Honestly, sometimes i don't like or trust GOG, but they totally did us a solid, here. No one should've gotten a free* game if all they wanted to do was promote the wishlist feature. They just finally did what some of us surely hoped for a very long time that they'd do. I think it's kinda cool that they did that sort of thing, free* game aside, and to think they gave some people more free* stuff. Really cool and generous.

*It's not actually free. This came out of the profits of either gog, the publishers, or both: odds are if we wishlisted it, we had some inclination to ultimately buy it. They lost those sales, and, perhaps, GOG also paid the publishers (which is probably why not everyone got) for our copies as well, just so they wouldn't have to strike a fancy deal.
Post edited April 17, 2018 by kohlrak
Tallima: I tend to edit the blues text when I quote bc its so fun to see blue text say what you want it to say. :)
BlueMooner: Cool. I was just wondering because I didn't see any edit tag on his post, making me wonder if blues can edit their posts without it showing, which would be rather shady...

As to the other part, that was my second question. Hopefully you'll PM me links to your naked pix for uh.... educational purposes.
Attachments:
kohlrak: The real irony is that GOG didn't even do anything to hype this, really.
Ah no. It was open to different interpetations depending on people's expectations, as an effect of being deliberately phrased in a way to make it sound as exciting as possible. Thing is, this is a toys store, the customers are very very excitable kids, and gog just adores to excite excitable kids. Hilarity, as we say, ensues.
kohlrak: The real irony is that GOG didn't even do anything to hype this, really.
Telika: Ah no. It was open to different interpetations depending on people's expectations, as an effect of being deliberately phrased in a way to make it sound as exciting as possible. Thing is, this is a toys store, the customers are very very excitable kids, and gog just adores to excite excitable kids. Hilarity, as we say, ensues.
Well, just like with kids and their parents, how many parents constantly complain about having super smart kids who do indeed twist their words to try to get toys that they were never actually promised? Better yet, English is not the dominant language of GOG, and i don't know if there even is a single employee of GOG who's mother tongue is english. This is what kills me even more about all this. Like, seriously, whatever happened to this site being for adults?
Telika: Ah no. It was open to different interpetations depending on people's expectations, as an effect of being deliberately phrased in a way to make it sound as exciting as possible. Thing is, this is a toys store, the customers are very very excitable kids, and gog just adores to excite excitable kids. Hilarity, as we say, ensues.
kohlrak: Well, just like with kids and their parents, how many parents constantly complain about having super smart kids who do indeed twist their words to try to get toys that they were never actually promised? Better yet, English is not the dominant language of GOG, and i don't know if there even is a single employee of GOG who's mother tongue is english. This is what kills me even more about all this. Like, seriously, whatever happened to this site being for adults?
They had people dressed like monks pranking customers, I don't know what you are talking about. :D
Post edited April 17, 2018 by MIK0
kohlrak: Well, just like with kids and their parents, how many parents constantly complain about having super smart kids who do indeed twist their words to try to get toys that they were never actually promised? Better yet, English is not the dominant language of GOG, and i don't know if there even is a single employee of GOG who's mother tongue is english. This is what kills me even more about all this. Like, seriously, whatever happened to this site being for adults?
MIK0: They had people dressed like monks pranking customers, I don't know what you are talking about. :D
I guess we should start censoring the witcher and other violent and sexy games so that the kids don't get their hands on them. XD
Excuse me but I have a trademark for #free
Where do I sue?
kohlrak: Like, seriously, whatever happened to this site being for adults?
1) Adults are a myth.

2) We're talking about videogames. Videogames. Even (I'd say especially) when swimming in tits or blood, they are not exactly the most mature activity for the most mature crowd.
kohlrak: Like, seriously, whatever happened to this site being for adults?
Telika: 1) Adults are a myth.

2) We're talking about videogames. Videogames. Even (I'd say especially) when swimming in tits or blood, they are not exactly the most mature activity for the most mature crowd.
https://xkcd.com/150/

Part of maturity is keeping composure in immature situations. With freedom comes responsibility. Some people are failing, and badly.
As far as the actual sale goes, I see several things I want that are at, near, or below recent historical low prices. There's so many goodies, I can't buy them all, let alone play them all. If I had gotten a game for free, it probably would have been neatly stacked on top of all the other hundreds of games in my backlog.

UNDERRAIL IS ON SALE!!! Praise the load! Sweet GOG Almighty, I've been waiting for this one! The Rollercoaster Tycoon games are a good deal too. Deus Ex 2, too. Torchlight, yep too. Torchlight 2, no. Fallout 1, no. I will have to wait to get those.
thomq: I think the horned helmeted one on the left resembles the pic of Doomdark's Revenge.

That middle one though doesn't have either the mechanical arm or hairstyle of Bombshell. I skimmed everything on the front page and I'm still lost with that one.
Good catch! Maybe the middle one is just like the walker on the right, maybe a hint of something that's coming this way?
Just to weigh in on this too, don't really see what happened as an issue, though some poor communication on GOG's part is a given. They did word it in a way implying there were lots of games to give away, but without knowing what the userbase is, there's no way to estimate odds. There is a question about the requirements, yeah, that should have been made clearer, and the notification should have been on site as well, not just for those who have news emails on, but in the end it's a random draw.

I didn't receive anything, but then again I DID win on the last 2 major ones, that Destructoid one, where they had 400 odd games to give but can't estimate odds due to not knowing the number of entries, and the Twitch one, where odds were around 50%, since they posted the numbers after, so definitely can't complain. Sure, something actually on my wishlist would have been nice, as those weren't, but then again a good part of my wishlist is made up of games I couldn't play on this computer anyway. At the same time, a good 2/3 of it is made up of games I wouldn't buy (or trade for) due to being regionally priced with prices above base (more and more actually for me as well, but counting anywhere), so giveaways are the only way I'll get them and was therefore hoping for one, even if it'll go on backlog for years to come.
But the hopes I created myself are no reason for complaint towards GOG (the regional pricing is...). This, however, does NOT mean I agree with kohlrak's statement that we should just accept that companies are dishonest and work against us. We must fight that tooth and nail, and especially here, where GOG WAS different. Very very strong emphasis on the past tense.

What I can easily complain about, on the other hand, is a hyped up weak sale. Even went out to buy a PSC for this and... Should have bought it a few days ago when Serpent in the Staglands was the daily deal, as there's clearly nothing in the sale I'd get. And it's utterly underwhelming in terms of number of games for a hyped up / major sale. Heck, there were weekly or weekend sales that approached this number.