It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

150+ deals up to 85% off in the Most Wanted Games Sale

UPDATE: Still on the hunt? The Saints Row and Metro series just got added to our Most Wanted list for up to 75% off, so all you quality-seeking desperados know what to do!

Many out of ten gamers agree: a healthy wishlist is key to a happy lifestyle.
Case in point, we just launched a sale on over one hundred fifty of the most wishlisted games and DLC on GOG.COM.

That's not the only reason to have a wishlist – give a few pointers to your friends, family, and rich internet strangers; accidentally send it to all your contacts (oops); or if you're waiting for the sale, which you are, we'll let you know when it's time to spend some cash (it's now).

So what tops our community's wishlists?
The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt and expansions hold the #1 spot – grab the complete Game of the Year Edition at 60% off, or continue the story with Hearts of Stone or Blood and Wine both 50% off.
A close second – Planescape: Torment – the legendary RPG's Enhanced Edition is 67% off right now. Followed by the genre-defining Baldur's Gate II in third place – now at 75% off the Enhanced Edition.

The GOG.COM community has an excellent taste in games – the Most Wanted Sale also features Divinity: Original Sin 2 (-15%), Arcanum: Of Steamworks and Magick Obscura (-35%), Darkest Dungeon (-60%), Vampire: The Masquerade – Bloodlines (-75%), SUPERHOT (-50%), Deus Ex (-85%) and over a hundred more up to 85% off!

Do right by your GOG.COM wishlist with the Most Wanted Games Sale, lasting until April 23, 10 PM UTC.
Themken: A good reason why some new, big games stay on the wishlists is that buying an expensive game is one thing (say €50) but buying a new computer in order to be able to play it is quite another kind of money (say €1200+).
badon: Yes! Listen to this guy! System requirements are a big deal. They can make or break the financial success of a game, regardless of the cost of the game. Would I be more likely to spend $50 for an awesome new release if it worked on my old hardware? Yes! I have been greatly enjoying a lot of nice games, both new and old, that have low-spec system requirements. All the money I save by not buying a new PC every 18 months can be spent on games instead.

My manifesto:

Low-spec HARDWARE WALL keeping customers away from a SOFTWARE BUSINESS : /r/lowendgaming

The ease of finding low-spec games on GOG.com is probably my #2 most favorite thing about GOG. Being DRM-free is my #1 most favorite thing :)
My Rig

This, and the lack of a job, is why i have a wishlist. Over half my gog purchases are for "when i get a new computer." The game i just got in the giveaway landed on this pile.
badon: Yes! Listen to this guy! System requirements are a big deal. They can make or break the financial success of a game, regardless of the cost of the game. Would I be more likely to spend $50 for an awesome new release if it worked on my old hardware? Yes! I have been greatly enjoying a lot of nice games, both new and old, that have low-spec system requirements. All the money I save by not buying a new PC every 18 months can be spent on games instead.

My manifesto:

Low-spec HARDWARE WALL keeping customers away from a SOFTWARE BUSINESS : /r/lowendgaming

The ease of finding low-spec games on GOG.com is probably my #2 most favorite thing about GOG. Being DRM-free is my #1 most favorite thing :)
kohlrak: My Rig

This, and the lack of a job, is why i have a wishlist. Over half my gog purchases are for "when i get a new computer." The game i just got in the giveaway landed on this pile.
You're way ahead of me:

https://www.gog.com/mix/games_that_work_on_old_low_spec_pcs
DedIago: well, without last week promo it's 12% of wishlist, and most of the discounts are even smaller than usual.
not a big deal, actually, but if this is all we'll get, I think GOG really should've tried to slow down that hypetrain. because either 'Witcher Adventure Game' or 'I Have No Mouth And I Must Scream' are most wishlisted games here or 40-50% off base price of the game in digital store is considered super cheap.
That's super cheap. And the adventure game is probably wishlisted, and I can imagine the other is wishlisted for the title alone, hoping GOG would do this exact giveaway and give it to them. I've previously added games to my wishlist in the hopes that someday GOG would just do a random surprise giveaway and give me something i would never pay for (huniepop, for example, until it turned into an inside joke with my girlfriend, so i bought it when it hit sale).
kohlrak: My Rig

badon: You're way ahead of me:

https://www.gog.com/mix/games_that_work_on_old_low_spec_pcs
I didn't think it was possible to find someone as bad off as I. Heck, even my tablet has higher specs.
Post edited April 17, 2018 by kohlrak
DedIago: well, without last week promo it's 12% of wishlist, and most of the discounts are even smaller than usual.
not a big deal, actually, but if this is all we'll get, I think GOG really should've tried to slow down that hypetrain. because either 'Witcher Adventure Game' or 'I Have No Mouth And I Must Scream' are most wishlisted games here or 40-50% off base price of the game in digital store is considered super cheap.
kohlrak: That's super cheap. And the adventure game is probably wishlisted, and I can imagine the other is wishlisted for the title alone, hoping GOG would do this exact giveaway and give it to them. I've previously added games to my wishlist in the hopes that someday GOG would just do a random surprise giveaway and give me something i would never pay for (huniepop, for example, until it turned into an inside joke with my girlfriend, so i bought it when it hit sale).
kohlrak: I didn't think it was possible to find someone as bad off as I. Heck, even my tablet has higher specs.
The only thing more amazing than my PC's low specs is the growing list of GOG games that work fine on it!
kohlrak: That's super cheap. And the adventure game is probably wishlisted, and I can imagine the other is wishlisted for the title alone, hoping GOG would do this exact giveaway and give it to them. I've previously added games to my wishlist in the hopes that someday GOG would just do a random surprise giveaway and give me something i would never pay for (huniepop, for example, until it turned into an inside joke with my girlfriend, so i bought it when it hit sale).

I didn't think it was possible to find someone as bad off as I. Heck, even my tablet has higher specs.
badon: The only thing more amazing than my PC's low specs is the growing list of GOG games that work fine on it!
I'm honestly surprised sometimes. Mine can barely handle Skyrim, with some FPS issues, mind you, but it can do it. Minecraft is a no-no. Terraria is unplayble. But, hey, we have new releases like Tangledeep which work.
badon: The only thing more amazing than my PC's low specs is the growing list of GOG games that work fine on it!
kohlrak: I'm honestly surprised sometimes. Mine can barely handle Skyrim, with some FPS issues, mind you, but it can do it. Minecraft is a no-no. Terraria is unplayble. But, hey, we have new releases like Tangledeep which work.
Maybe someday I will fix my gaming PC, and then I will finally run out of money for new games, like everyone else :) The power savings alone enable me to buy a few more games each month.
high rated
badon: It's the last part, "thousands", is where the misleading occurs. How many customers does GOG have? One thousand? Ten thousand? One hundred thousand? Nine-hundred ninety-nine thousand, nine hundred and ninety-nine (999'999)? If it's less than 1 million, then ALL of GOG's customers are part of the "thousands" that were promised a free wishlist item, if they meet the requirements of being an active member with a started wishlist on April 16.

And, of course, if GOG does have 1 million or more customers, then did they give away 999'999 games? Maybe not.

A lawyer would tear GOG apart over this.
Don't be silly, "thousands" just means something like a vague quantity of 3.000 or more. A lawyer would have absolutely no case, claiming that it means "ALL of GOG's customers".

I don't approve of GOG's PR tactics, and you could call them misleading, sure, but not for *that* reason. A big part of the blame for the hype lies with community members for wanting to misread it and spreading their wishful thinking and unrealistic expectations, despite knowing how these things often turn out with GOG.
badon: It's the last part, "thousands", is where the misleading occurs. How many customers does GOG have? One thousand? Ten thousand? One hundred thousand? Nine-hundred ninety-nine thousand, nine hundred and ninety-nine (999'999)? If it's less than 1 million, then ALL of GOG's customers are part of the "thousands" that were promised a free wishlist item, if they meet the requirements of being an active member with a started wishlist on April 16.

And, of course, if GOG does have 1 million or more customers, then did they give away 999'999 games? Maybe not.

A lawyer would tear GOG apart over this.
Leroux: Don't be silly, "thousands" just means something like a vague quantity of 3.000 or more. A lawyer would have absolutely no case, claiming that it means "ALL of GOG's customers".

I don't approve of GOG's PR tactics, and you could call them misleading, sure, but not for *that* reason. A big part of the blame for the hype lies with community members for wanting to misread it and spreading their wishful thinking and unrealistic expectations, despite knowing how these things often turn out with GOG.
It can be difficult to predict the way a legal case will go. As I'm sure you already know, lots of silliness occurs in that realm.
Leroux: A big part of the blame for the hype lies with community members for wanting to misread it and spreading their wishful thinking and unrealistic expectations
No, it isn't. GOG deliberately used untrue and/or purposely ambiguous language in order to give people who read their statements a series of misleading impressions (more than one). That is in no way the fault of the reader. The words themselves goaded the readers into reaching the conclusions they did. If they weren't supposed to reach those conclusions, then GOG should have used wording that was 100% truthful and also non-ambiguous.
Post edited April 17, 2018 by Ancient-Red-Dragon
Leroux: Don't be silly, "thousands" just means something like a vague quantity of 3.000 or more. A lawyer would have absolutely no case, claiming that it means "ALL of GOG's customers".

badon: It can be difficult to predict the way a legal case will go. As I'm sure you already know, lots of silliness occurs in that realm.
Yes, and that's often what appeals are for.
high rated
badon: The requirements: Active, member, April 16, start wishlist

The quantity: Thousands

It's the last part, "thousands", is where the misleading occurs. How many customers does GOG have? One thousand? Ten thousand? One hundred thousand? Nine-hundred ninety-nine thousand, nine hundred and ninety-nine (999'999)? If it's less than 1 million, then ALL of GOG's customers are part of the "thousands" that were promised a free wishlist item, if they meet the requirements of being an active member with a started wishlist on April 16.

A lawyer would tear GOG apart over this. What's so damning about it is GOG never bothered clarify the terms of their giveaway. Namely that it's some kind of lottery, which again, could possibly create some legal problems in jurisdictions where lotteries are regulated or illegal. The use of the word "active" to describe eligible lottery entrants was not clarified with the common phrase "no purchase necessary".
No I: Thousands would means thousands, independently of the number of active users. If I were the only active user here, I would have received thousands of games... The only thing debatable here is if thousands means > 1000 or > 2000 - I would tend to the latter, but I've seen people use the term for "anything more than 1000" (thousands of troops meaning 1200).

No II: As for the lottery: It's only a lottery if you pay money to take part (=buy a ticket) in which case there are strict rules about informing about winning chances, declaring winners etc. Making an account here is free - does not apply.

I'm disappointed by GOG because of their bad communication, but legally they've done nothing wrong.

Also a word on the "active members", because this lead to so much confusion: Whilst GOG again failed to explain this properly, a bit of common sense should come to a conclusion: Dead accounts which haven't been used for a while are excluded. Simple, isn't it?
Post edited April 17, 2018 by toxicTom
low rated
Leroux: A big part of the blame for the hype lies with community members for wanting to misread it and spreading their wishful thinking and unrealistic expectations
Ancient-Red-Dragon: No, it isn't. GOG deliberately used untrue and/or purposely ambiguous language in order to give people who read their statements a series of misleading impressions (more than one). That is in no way the fault of the reader. The words themselves goaded the readers into reaching the conclusions they did. If they weren't supposed to reach those conclusions, then GOG should have used wording that was 100% truthful and also non-ambiguous.
I think you're a terrorist, who wants to watch GOG burn. Your words goad me and others into this. If you didn't want me and others to reach this conclusion, you should have used wording that was 100% truthful and non-ambiguous.
Ancient-Red-Dragon: No, it isn't. GOG deliberately used untrue and/or purposely ambiguous language in order to give people who read their statements a series of misleading impressions (more than one). That is in no way the fault of the reader. The words themselves goaded the readers into reaching the conclusions they did. If they weren't supposed to reach those conclusions, then GOG should have used wording that was 100% truthful and also non-ambiguous.
I'm not saying that GOG is innocent. I'm saying that this is the way GOG has been operating since their notorious PR stunt for the relaunch in 2010. Whether they're incorrigibly clumsy or doing it on purpose is not for me to say, but everyone who's been here for a while should have realized that by now. I cut you some slack since apparently you only joined GOG a year ago, but I bet even within this year GOG has already created a lot of hype about nothing all that special on several occasions. In the threads preceding this event there were enough voices warning others to be cautious and not get all hyped up about anything GOG announces. So yes, I think regulars partially have to blame themselves for buying into this PR speech and getting their hopes up.
low rated
Leroux: I'm not saying that GOG is innocent. I'm saying that this is the way GOG has been operating since their notorious PR stunt for the relaunch in 2010. Whether they're incorrigibly clumsy or doing it on purpose is not for me to say, but everyone who's been here for a while should have realized that by now. I cut you some slack since apparently you only joined GOG a year ago, but I bet even within this year GOG has already created a lot of hype about nothing all that special on several occasions. In the threads preceding this event there were enough voices warning others to be cautious and not get all hyped up about anything GOG announces. So yes, I think regulars partially have to blame themselves for buying into this PR speech and getting their hopes up.
Where is gog responsible, though? Firstly, a major reason why in most countries you have to be "of the age of the majority" (aka consensual adult) to buy things is because it's assumed that the companies will lie, trick, etc, to make a buck. The idea behind capitalism is to accept that. We've just gotten numb. So numb that even simple, honest practices, we make up our own wishes and desires and expect the company to correct our own lies to ourselves. Please explain how we can ethically demand this of anyone, let alone a company who is supposed to be trying to work against us. If you started sending me money, 'cause someone told you i was a hot young lady, am I really obligated to tell you the reality, especially if i'm not even aware of the lie? We all know GOG isn't sitting on these forums constantly, especially on their weekends off (and the announcement was made over the weekend). This was not misleading, and the only thing anyone lost was their expectations. All this whining will just tell GOG not to do this in the future, since there's no reasonable way to be ethical in the eyes of the rabid masses that didn't win the lottery.

I got something nice, for free, and i'm happy. Sure, it wasn't "the one" i wanted, but i sure as hell am not going to argue, not for a single giveaway done here. It's not like they forced us to accept any particular giveaways. There's plenty to complain to gog about in practices, but I can't find GOG at fault for any of this. Of all the sales i've been a part of, this is easily the most honest. Now i see why the people like BK say that people will complain about anything. There's so many people nitpicking over nothing, and it drowns out the legitimate complaints, since the whining is just as present as the legit complaints, since whiners seem to always be the loudest.
So wait, were any games actually given out for free? I'm confused.