It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

150+ deals up to 85% off in the Most Wanted Games Sale

UPDATE: Still on the hunt? The Saints Row and Metro series just got added to our Most Wanted list for up to 75% off, so all you quality-seeking desperados know what to do!

Many out of ten gamers agree: a healthy wishlist is key to a happy lifestyle.
Case in point, we just launched a sale on over one hundred fifty of the most wishlisted games and DLC on GOG.COM.

That's not the only reason to have a wishlist – give a few pointers to your friends, family, and rich internet strangers; accidentally send it to all your contacts (oops); or if you're waiting for the sale, which you are, we'll let you know when it's time to spend some cash (it's now).

So what tops our community's wishlists?
The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt and expansions hold the #1 spot – grab the complete Game of the Year Edition at 60% off, or continue the story with Hearts of Stone or Blood and Wine both 50% off.
A close second – Planescape: Torment – the legendary RPG's Enhanced Edition is 67% off right now. Followed by the genre-defining Baldur's Gate II in third place – now at 75% off the Enhanced Edition.

The GOG.COM community has an excellent taste in games – the Most Wanted Sale also features Divinity: Original Sin 2 (-15%), Arcanum: Of Steamworks and Magick Obscura (-35%), Darkest Dungeon (-60%), Vampire: The Masquerade – Bloodlines (-75%), SUPERHOT (-50%), Deus Ex (-85%) and over a hundred more up to 85% off!

Do right by your GOG.COM wishlist with the Most Wanted Games Sale, lasting until April 23, 10 PM UTC.
I ended up getting a freebie, one that's a $10 game on sale for $2 right now, that Forgotten Realms 2 collection which I forgot I even had and was looking to delist as other stuff I have actual time for. Oh well, maybe one day. Thanks though. Shame it wasn't something I could plug away at as a platformer game or epic pinball, something that doesn't require a commitment. :)
BlueMooner: The announcement never said they were giving everyone free games.
True, but to be fair its phrasing was a bit ambiguous, and I didn't see any GOG rep trying to rectify people's interpretation that it meant everyone was getting a free game from their wishlist. Of course, saying, "We're granting thousands of wishes to GOG users for #free!" has a different ring to it than, "We will be giving some GOG users a free game from their wishlist come April 16th," doesn't it? Which is more open to interpretation I wonder?
Post edited April 17, 2018 by OdanUrr
low rated
OdanUrr: True, but to be fair its phrasing was a bit ambiguous, and I didn't see any GOG rep trying to rectify people's interpretation that it meant everyone was getting a free game from their wishlist. Of course, saying, "We're granting thousands of wishes to GOG users for #free!" has a different ring to it than, "We will be giving some GOG users a free game from their wishlist come April 16th," doesn't it? Which is more open to interpretation I wonder?
They were not obligated to give a free game to begin with. If they said they were going to give everyone a free game, but then gave no one a free game, you still can't complain: you did NOTHING to earn, deserve, or whatever a game. Sure, they got your hopes up for nothing, but that's trolling at best.
OdanUrr: True, but to be fair its phrasing was a bit ambiguous, and I didn't see any GOG rep trying to rectify people's interpretation that it meant everyone was getting a free game from their wishlist. Of course, saying, "We're granting thousands of wishes to GOG users for #free!" has a different ring to it than, "We will be giving some GOG users a free game from their wishlist come April 16th," doesn't it? Which is more open to interpretation I wonder?
1) It WAS the weekend, and I imagine that gog employees do get SOME days off... I think it's unrealistic to expect gog peeps to magically know and respond to any issue people raise in a discussion.

2) I'll reference a prior post I made on this:
https://www.gog.com/forum/general/gog_says_they_will_give_out_thousands_of_free_games_on_monday/post75

To me, no interpretation indicated free games. That was just... wishful... thinking on people's part IMO. And as others have said and I affirm, gog doesn't owe us anything. I think this whole thing was a case of people running with the idea that gog was going to hand out free games, and people didn't really look at the text or question where that interpretation came from. I think some people wound up disappointed, but I don't blame gog for that.
kohlrak: They were not obligated to give a free game to begin with. If they said they were going to give everyone a free game, but then gave no one a free game, you still can't complain: you did NOTHING to earn, deserve, or whatever a game. Sure, they got your hopes up for nothing, but that's trolling at best.
I'm sorry, where did I say they were obligated to give me a free game? Besides, I can always complain about someone promising to do something and then not doing it (not in this particular case since, as I said, the wording was ambiguous). It's not about what they promised to do or whether I earned it or not but rather about them failing to deliver on that promise and the ensuing breach of trust. Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice...
BlueMooner: To me, no interpretation indicated free games.
And yet that's exactly what many people interpreted. Whenever you use the word "free" you gotta be very careful about the wording.
kohlrak: They were not obligated to give a free game to begin with. If they said they were going to give everyone a free game, but then gave no one a free game, you still can't complain: you did NOTHING to earn, deserve, or whatever a game. Sure, they got your hopes up for nothing, but that's trolling at best.
OdanUrr: I'm sorry, where did I say they were obligated to give me a free game? Besides, I can always complain about someone promising to do something and then not doing it (not in this particular case since, as I said, the wording was ambiguous). It's not about what they promised to do or whether I earned it or not but rather about them failing to deliver on that promise and the ensuing breach of trust. Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice...
OdanUrr: And yet that's exactly what many people interpreted. Whenever you use the word "free" you gotta be very careful about the wording.
Promises are contracts. In legalese, contracts are not enforceable unless, as part of that contract, both sides make explicit sacrifices. You, directly, were not promised anything.

http://cm.gog.com/t/ViewEmail/d/7E9D1D54FBE122712540EF23F30FEDED/

I see no promises to me in that email to me.

EDIT: Apparently account details were in that link. Fixed.
Post edited April 17, 2018 by kohlrak
kohlrak: Promises are contracts. In legalese, contracts are not enforceable unless, as part of that contract, both sides make explicit sacrifices. You, directly, were not promised anything.

http://cm.gog.com/t/ViewEmail/d/7E9D1D54FBE122712540EF23F30FEDED/625B373D63CDA6486E6039C17E42EE19

If you read my post carefully, you will see that I did write GOG didn't promise anything. It's in parentheses, "not in this particular case..."
kohlrak: Promises are contracts. In legalese, contracts are not enforceable unless, as part of that contract, both sides make explicit sacrifices. You, directly, were not promised anything.

http://cm.gog.com/t/ViewEmail/d/7E9D1D54FBE122712540EF23F30FEDED/625B373D63CDA6486E6039C17E42EE19

OdanUrr: If you read my post carefully, you will see that I did write GOG didn't promise anything. It's in brackets, "not in this particular case..."
So what're you complaining about? Other cases don't matter, here.
kohlrak: So what're you complaining about? Other cases don't matter, here.
I thought I was clear, I even gave an example. They could've delivered the same message leaving no room to confusion or misinterpretation.
OdanUrr: And yet that's exactly what many people interpreted. Whenever you use the word "free" you gotta be very careful about the wording.
I suspect people having that view didn't actually read the text, just heard rumors from people online.
"Gog's doin' somethin' free on Monday."
"Ooh, must be free games!"
Blimey... A sale with games I already own, or which aren't on my wishlist.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

To be fair, I did recently trim my wishlist down to just 10 games.
BlueMooner: I suspect people having that view didn't actually read the text, just heard rumors from people online.
"Gog's doin' somethin' free on Monday."
"Ooh, must be free games!"
That is indeed possible.
HeathGCF: To be fair, I did recently trim my wishlist down to just 10 games.
I salute you.
kohlrak: So what're you complaining about? Other cases don't matter, here.
OdanUrr: I thought I was clear, I even gave an example. They could've delivered the same message leaving no room to confusion or misinterpretation.
The doublespeak, here. You're admitting no one has a claim to bitch about, and yet you insist on bitching. But you're not bitching on this matter, but at the same time you actually are.
Hum, thinking in get Baldur's Gate: Siege of Dragonspear and Planescape Torment EE
Just to add to the reports, 11/77 on wishlist on sale, and one is on sale due to being new release, so actually 10 from the sale, cheapest at $9.99 sale price. And two of them have had higher discounts before. Ah well.