It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

150+ deals up to 85% off in the Most Wanted Games Sale

UPDATE: Still on the hunt? The Saints Row and Metro series just got added to our Most Wanted list for up to 75% off, so all you quality-seeking desperados know what to do!

Many out of ten gamers agree: a healthy wishlist is key to a happy lifestyle.
Case in point, we just launched a sale on over one hundred fifty of the most wishlisted games and DLC on GOG.COM.

That's not the only reason to have a wishlist – give a few pointers to your friends, family, and rich internet strangers; accidentally send it to all your contacts (oops); or if you're waiting for the sale, which you are, we'll let you know when it's time to spend some cash (it's now).

So what tops our community's wishlists?
The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt and expansions hold the #1 spot – grab the complete Game of the Year Edition at 60% off, or continue the story with Hearts of Stone or Blood and Wine both 50% off.
A close second – Planescape: Torment – the legendary RPG's Enhanced Edition is 67% off right now. Followed by the genre-defining Baldur's Gate II in third place – now at 75% off the Enhanced Edition.

The GOG.COM community has an excellent taste in games – the Most Wanted Sale also features Divinity: Original Sin 2 (-15%), Arcanum: Of Steamworks and Magick Obscura (-35%), Darkest Dungeon (-60%), Vampire: The Masquerade – Bloodlines (-75%), SUPERHOT (-50%), Deus Ex (-85%) and over a hundred more up to 85% off!

Do right by your GOG.COM wishlist with the Most Wanted Games Sale, lasting until April 23, 10 PM UTC.
elcook: Tallima's wishlist is granted! We are giving him the entire catalog as a thank you for being so gosh darned handsome.
Is there a link to the games on sale? The titles are bold on my phone and pc (chrome) with nothing being a hyperlink. Im just using my wishlist as a sale list for now. :)

Edit: as other said before, we can go to the store catalog and filter for discounted items.
Post edited April 17, 2018 by Tallima
*sigh* besides not getting any games (I never win anything, so not even surprised), the sale was a really letdown.
I was expecting some new discounts for some of my wishlisted games, and got nothing rly worthy it.

Oh well, there's nothing I can do.
Gekko_Dekko: Guys, calm down.
I ll be captain obvious, coz this thread goes toxic: if nothing from your wishlist is on sale, you probably want something unpopular. Most wished == not "most wished per each user", but "most wished by overall community".
Obviously lot of people have recently hyped titles like witcher 3 or remasters of baldurs gate in their wishlists. If you arent one of them - it doesnt mean that GoG abandoned you or something. Only that games, you wish, are less wanted by overall gog community, than titles, we currently see on sale.
Obviously you are capable of grasping things I cannot grasp. Care to enlighten me? Why exactly is it obvious that the remastered BG games are the community's most wanted games? Because they got some of the worst feedback in the history of the ever forgiving gog community? Is that what you would call a "hype?". Futhermore, why should I assume that games that are on sale every other week are the community's most wanted games? Because the discounts are so low that everyone keeps wishing instead of buying them? Back to the "hype". If I should not be suprised to see "hyped" titles like Beamdog's best, how to explain the absence of titles like Kingdom Come: Deliverance, Hellblade: Senua's Sacrifice, Elex, Pillars of Eternity o the more recent Fallout games?
high rated
romgb: *sigh* besides not getting any games (I never win anything, so not even surprised), the sale was a really letdown.
I was expecting some new discounts for some of my wishlisted games, and got nothing rly worthy it.

Oh well, there's nothing I can do.
Perhaps the one silver lining of my receiving nothing is this feeling of solidarity with everyone in the same boat!
Gekko_Dekko: Guys, calm down.
I ll be captain obvious, coz this thread goes toxic: if nothing from your wishlist is on sale, you probably want something unpopular. Most wished == not "most wished per each user", but "most wished by overall community".
Obviously lot of people have recently hyped titles like witcher 3 or remasters of baldurs gate in their wishlists. If you arent one of them - it doesnt mean that GoG abandoned you or something. Only that games, you wish, are less wanted by overall gog community, than titles, we currently see on sale.
LausNub: Obviously you are capable of grasping things I cannot grasp. Care to enlighten me? Why exactly is it obvious that the remastered BG games are the community's most wanted games? Because they got some of the worst feedback in the history of the ever forgiving gog community? Is that what you would call a "hype?". Futhermore, why should I assume that games that are on sale every other week are the community's most wanted games? Because the discounts are so low that everyone keeps wishing instead of buying them? Back to the "hype". If I should not be suprised to see "hyped" titles like Beamdog's best, how to explain the absence of titles like Kingdom Come: Deliverance, Hellblade: Senua's Sacrifice, Elex, Pillars of Eternity o the more recent Fallout games?
Wishlisted games are likely to be games that people want to buy or try out of fame, but due to the bad reviews, no one wants them at full price, but via a huge discount.

EDIT: And looky here, the top sellers this week is quickly becoming items that are on sale. Isn't that strange?
Post edited April 17, 2018 by kohlrak
So most people are more inclined to put rather shitty games on their wishlists, because they are likely to insta-buy the real deal anyway? If that were the case, it would indeed explain a lot. Thank you for your brief explanation.

edit: I have to admit, I feel troubled to take the top sellers list for face value.
Post edited April 17, 2018 by LausNub
LausNub: So most people are more inclinded to put rather shitty games on their wishlists, because they are likely to insta-buy the real deal anyway? If that were the case, it would indeed explain a lot. Thank you for your brief explanation.
It sure explains the trend, and also explains the "eh, this is cool, but i'm not willing to pay this price. Wishlisted for now" that we see on so many game release articles.
Apparently people did set themselves up for anger/disappointment when they didn't get free games. I hope this is a lesson for those people to read gog announcements more carefully and not run with crazy interpretations. The announcement never said they were giving everyone free games.

elcook: Hey all! We plan to send Tallma his entire wishlist because he's just so groovy.
Tallima: Is there a link to the games on sale? The titles are bold on my phone and pc (chrome) with nothing being a hyperlink. Im just using my wishlist as a sale list for now. :)
Did you edit cook's post, or did he?
LausNub: So most people are more inclinded to put rather shitty games on their wishlists, because they are likely to insta-buy the real deal anyway? If that were the case, it would indeed explain a lot. Thank you for your brief explanation.
kohlrak: It sure explains the trend, and also explains the "eh, this is cool, but i'm not willing to pay this price. Wishlisted for now" that we see on so many game release articles.
Well, you will most certainly read loads of similar comments in discussions concerning titles like Kingdom Come: Deliverance, Hellblade: Senua's Sacrifice and Elex, too.
kohlrak: It sure explains the trend, and also explains the "eh, this is cool, but i'm not willing to pay this price. Wishlisted for now" that we see on so many game release articles.
LausNub: Well, you will most certainly read loads of similar comments in discussions concerning titles like Kingdom Come: Deliverance, Hellblade: Senua's Sacrifice and Elex, too.
I also remember Kingdom come being a top seller, at one point, implying that most people didn't care about the price. Hellblade wasn't even remotely interesting, so i didn't even follow that. And Elex has been on sale many times, and was also on my wishlist. For fun, i'll bring back the comment i made about it.
14. Another very niche game that has some mixed reviews, but is super expensive, and pretty much everyone who was interested managed to get it in the top 5 top sellers on release day, plus it's been on sale more than once.
high rated
These games aren't the most wishlisted, it's a gimmicky sale. Why would Witcher 1 be the most wishlisted when it always goes on sale for super cheap, most people that had it on their wishlist have to have it by now. Several of these games have also been offered for free in the past on gog in one form or another. I imagine tons of people picked them up for free when they had the chance, therefore removing them from any said wishlist.

Also it seems games can go up in price sale after sale. I see a more than 50% increase in sale price for some of them sometimes.
I'll probably need to prune my GOG wishlist sometime as I did my Steam one. I had well over 150+ games and now I'm down to less than half that number. Currently, my GOG wishlist can be divided into:

- (Relatively) New games with concepts that attract me or art/music that intrigues or appeals to me that are not instabuy due to: price, backlog, reviews (or lack thereof), or any combination of these. These games are, in turn, organized according to priority: low, medium, high.
- Backup: these are games that I already own but want to have a DRM-free copy of anyway.
- Nostalgia: games I played a long, long, time ago that I may buy some day if I feel like it.
- Reminders: usually upcoming games that I'm interested in or remasters/enhanced editions.

I'll have to keep working on this classification and setting some time limits.
Kadlin: These games aren't the most wishlisted, it's a gimmicky sale. Why would Witcher 1 be the most wishlisted when it always goes on sale for super cheap, most people that had it on their wishlist have to have it by now. Several of these games have also been offered for free in the past on gog in one form or another. I imagine tons of people picked them up for free when they had the chance, therefore removing them from any said wishlist.

Also it seems games can go up in price sale after sale. I see a more than 50% increase in sale price for some of them sometimes.
Not every game on the sale is guaranteed to be wish listed. There's no reason to assume that every game on sale is top wishlist. That said, alot of people are put off by different things about the witcher games, and probably were hoping it would end up free or something. Witcher 1 has really clunky controls, and everyone knows it. Witcher 2 looks alot like oblivion, which was only praised back in the day. Witcher 3 has lots of DLC. That said, GOG has every right to put games not high on the wish list among the most wishlisted games.
OdanUrr: I'll probably need to prune my GOG wishlist sometime as I did my Steam one. I had well over 150+ games and now I'm down to less than half that number. Currently, my GOG wishlist can be divided into:

- (Relatively) New games with concepts that attract me or art/music that intrigues or appeals to me that are not instabuy due to: price, backlog, reviews (or lack thereof), or any combination of these. These games are, in turn, organized according to priority: low, medium, high.
- Backup: these are games that I already own but want to have a DRM-free copy of anyway.
- Nostalgia: games I played a long, long, time ago that I may buy some day if I feel like it.
- Reminders: usually upcoming games that I'm interested in or remasters/enhanced editions.

I'll have to keep working on this classification and setting some time limits.
And this is precisely the types of games we see on sale. And people are bitching about it not being the games they want on sale.
Post edited April 17, 2018 by kohlrak
kohlrak: And this is precisely the types of games we see on sale. And people are bitching about it not being the games they want on sale.
Are you sure? Because my wishlist has 138 titles in it and only 20 of these are discounted right now.
Post edited April 17, 2018 by OdanUrr
kohlrak: Not every game on the sale is guaranteed to be wish listed. There's no reason to assume that every game on sale is top wishlist. That said, alot of people are put off by different things about the witcher games, and probably were hoping it would end up free or something. Witcher 1 has really clunky controls, and everyone knows it. Witcher 2 looks alot like oblivion, which was only praised back in the day. Witcher 3 has lots of DLC. That said, GOG has every right to put games not high on the wish list among the most wishlisted games.
And this is precisely the types of games we see on sale. And people are bitching about it not being the games they want on sale.
OdanUrr: Are you sure? Because my wishlist has 138 titles in it and only 20 of these are discounted right now.
Not everyone has the same tastes. I'm sure many of the games that are not on sale are ones that people paid full price for. I have the same criteria for my wishlist, for the most part, and i saw a similar percentage. But i also doubt we have the same games on wishlist. Maybe a few, but i doubt you have even half the ones on my list.