It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Space and Flight Sim/Shooter and other Sim
SimCity 3000, #4 of the list is released and left the list. The Movies entered the list from #7.
Adventure
Original Monkey Island games are now sticky. The explanation is provided at the bottom of the original post. Removed Maniac Mansion: Day of the Tentacle as it seems the revised version is almost identical, but superior. Please correct me if I'm wrong.

Escape from Monkey Island and Discworld II: Mortality Bytes! entered the list.
Missing stuff, Superior Versions...
I removed all missing Duke Nukem expansions, since Duke Nukem games are removed from catalogue. I also had to remove Monkey Island 2: LeChuck's Revenge, because it is wrongfully marked as completed. Tomb Raider 2: The Golden Mask is now leading the list.

The following games have entered the list:
- The Secret of Monkey Island (original)
- Neverwinter Nights: Wyvern Crown of Cormyr
- Ghost Recon: Desert Siege
- Ghost Recon: Island Thunder
damien: Adventure
Removed Maniac Mansion: Day of the Tentacle as it seems the revised version is almost identical, but superior. Please correct me if I'm wrong.
You can switch between all old and new stuff, even use combinations of both.
System requirements are higher than the original though which annoys some people.
They have merged all games into series!

Diablo
Mechwarrior

I don't know how I can manage these lists anymore. Was there an explanation that I missed?
damien: They have merged all games into series!

Diablo
Mechwarrior

I don't know how I can manage these lists anymore. Was there an explanation that I missed?
Why have they merged D3 in there? Not just that its total pants and ended the franchise, but it has all the micro transactions and things as well, so is less probable than the other 2 (which are never coming here) to turn up?
damien: I don't know how I can manage these lists anymore.
Well, it must be quite a lot of work to manage these lists and your effort is greatly appreciated. However, I don't understand what's the difference to you.
You could place Diablo Series and Mechwarrior Series at the top and if they don't get released at the same time add a note behind them. You can either fill up the top ten lists with other titles or make them shorter.
damien: I don't know how I can manage these lists anymore.
0Grapher: Well, it must be quite a lot of work to manage these lists and your effort is greatly appreciated. However, I don't understand what's the difference to you.
You could place Diablo Series and Mechwarrior Series at the top and if they don't get released at the same time add a note behind them. You can either fill up the top ten lists with other titles or make them shorter.
yes, this doesn't bother me as much as marking a wish completed, when it is not (and thereby removing all the votes).

but for example, if Diablo 1-2 ended up here, what would be the number of votes for Diablo 3?
damien: yes, this doesn't bother me as much as marking a wish completed, when it is not (and thereby removing all the votes).

but for example, if Diablo 1-2 ended up here, what would be the number of votes for Diablo 3?
"Unknown", put it on the bottom of the top-ten list,
or
"Diablo Series [only title xy missing]" with the full vote count, place it on the top of the top-ten list.

I think you shouldn't think too much about it. Who knows if even one game gets released or if GOG combining all games does mean something after all.
Original Monkey Island games are now sticky. The explanation is provided at the bottom of the original post. Removed Maniac Mansion: Day of the Tentacle as it seems the revised version is almost identical, but superior. Please correct me if I'm wrong.
I didn't know this thread existed and now I'm glad I've seen it :)

One question about the Monkey Island remasters considered different to the originals, as opposed to Day of the Tentacle: Is this because DOTT's remastered graphics are way more faithful to the originals than MI's? Or because of differences in gameplay, although you can switch to the original graphics in MI?

Not arguing your decision, as both choices sound reasonable to me. Just trying to understand the criteria.
damien: They have merged all games into series!

Diablo
Mechwarrior

nightcraw1er.488: Why have they merged D3 in there? Not just that its total pants and ended the franchise, but it has all the micro transactions and things as well, so is less probable than the other 2 (which are never coming here) to turn up?
D3 no longer has microtransactions. It's truer to D2 now except it gets lots of updates/patches.

Edit: they also run seasons. D3 requires a connection to internet, so I don't see it as beneficial to get it here since you'll still need a battle.net account. Just my 2 cents

For what it's worth, they likely won't bring Diablo series here anytime soon. D2 is still popular to the point servers for ladders are still open. And from rumors, they are looking to hire another person for Diablo, probably pointing to D4. This is pure speculation at this point though.
Post edited August 12, 2016 by whytestallion
nepundo: I didn't know this thread existed and now I'm glad I've seen it :)

One question about the Monkey Island remasters considered different to the originals, as opposed to Day of the Tentacle: Is this because DOTT's remastered graphics are way more faithful to the originals than MI's? Or because of differences in gameplay, although you can switch to the original graphics in MI?

Not arguing your decision, as both choices sound reasonable to me. Just trying to understand the criteria.
good question and you are always welcome to argue against my decision :)

the reason is that as far as I remember, when you switch to classic mode on Monkey Island, the sound is not the same. Also, I think there were some gameplay differences. you can read about the differences on this thread: https://www.gog.com/wishlist/games/the_secret_of_monkey_island_original
So many titles have been merged into one series. The only option for me other than abandoning this thread was revising the list according to new merged numbers. I'll start with the RPG

RPG
Diablo, Diablo: Hellfire, Diablo II, Diablo II: Lord of Destruction, Diablo III and Diablo III: Reaper of Souls have been merged into one title and are now dominating the list under one name.
Mass Effect games were merged and entered the list from #3.
Dungeon Siege entered the list.
Fable series were merged and entered the list.

The following left the list (as separate titles):
Diablo II, Diablo II: Lord of Destruction, Diablo: Hellfire
RTS/Turn Based Strategy
All Command & Conquer games merged into one title, which moved Command & Conquer The Ultimate Collection to #1 of the list.
X-COM: Enemy Unknown – Complete Edition entered the list from #8.

Command & Conquer: Red Alert and Command & Conquer: Red Alert 2 left the list.
nepundo: I didn't know this thread existed and now I'm glad I've seen it :)

damien: good question and you are always welcome to argue against my decision :)

the reason is that as far as I remember, when you switch to classic mode on Monkey Island, the sound is not the same. Also, I think there were some gameplay differences. you can read about the differences on this thread: https://www.gog.com/wishlist/games/the_secret_of_monkey_island_original
I see, thanks :) (For the answer and the thread itself. I can see how laborious this task must be.)

From the wishlist and some threads I'm digging up, it seems there are lots of differences I didn't notice when playing the "classic remaster". Now I feel tempted to start ScummVM up and play my floppy copy alongside the remaster. I both hate and thank you for it :-P

Also there's the fact that the originals could be played in every OS via ScummVM, whereas the remasters are Windows-only.

Anyway, just from what I'm reading, I'd say that keeping the originals in the list is a wise decision.