It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

- The supreme art of war is to subdue the enemy without fighting - wrote Sun Tzu over 2,5 thousand years ago. If only he could play some of the modern strategy games...

As for us, let’s take a shot at some of the games present on GOG.COM’s Midweek Sale with war titles up to 90% off. Here are some notable deals:

Ancestors Legacy - Complete Edition (-66%) is an RTS in which you take command of an army storming through medieval Europe in an extensive series of campaigns.

Expeditions: Conquistador (-75%) is a tactical roleplaying game set in the time of New World’s discovery. In it you can became a peacemaker or a ruthless warlord.

Hearts of Iron III (-70%) is a real-time strategy game that enables you to change the course of WW2 on a global scale.

This Midweek Sale on GOG.COM ends on 15th February, 2 PM UTC.
I have everything here that appeals to me already, but a great chance for others to get some games or give them a try at a cheap price.
It would be nice to get the DOS version of B-17 Flying Fortress as a goody!
high rated
Titles Discounted to a New All-Time GoG Low Price:
Ancestors Legacy - Special Edition [Deluxe] (66% off - $0.01 rounding)
Close Combat: The Bloody First (25% off vs. 15% off)
Sudden Strike 4: Complete Collection [Deluxe] (30% off vs. 25% off)

Titles Discount for the First Time in 2020:
Pacific General (80% off - matches low) - Last Discounted 24-Jun-2019
Strategic Command: World War I (12% off vs. 25% off bundled vs. never unbundled) - Last Discounted 5-Dec-2019

GoG Sales 2020 Google Doc:
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/10KmoNbiAYJJxUIrjfCD0yc08L0UwTxzPuqbTpWeZCXM/edit?usp=sharing
whoa that's a lot of games. I'll suggest MoH Allied Assault. I'd like to be able to buy Activision's CoD War Chest here pls.
if I write snippets I can throw lots of thoughts out:
- Ancestors Legacy is Destructive Creations; controversial stance: bring their Hatred and let ppl decide whether to buy or not
- we're still missing some Retroism war and military sims (though Retroism games have been leaving so maybe there's little hope of those showing up).
- I think Paradox still has some old games that could show up
- more EA games pls
- funnily enough we got more Ubi games in 2019 via Brothers in Arms, nothing since then though, I don't think. (I'd actually like to see Cold Fear show up)
- Brothers In Arms is Gearbox; gib Borderlands 1+2, Duke games back + DNF, Bulletstorm, etc.
- Activision has like 1 game in there (may have missed some of course) and it's of course -20%; I guess it's more profitable to have fewer people buy it at a high price than more people buy it at a deep discount?
;)
Post edited February 12, 2020 by tfishell
I would really like to see Medal of Honor: Airborne here.

Might get Ancestors Legacy - Complete Edition. Have the base game from a retail box already but it requires Steam + no DLC. $15 seems fair. Will think about it.
Post edited February 12, 2020 by idbeholdME
Why Codename Panzers: Phase One isn't on sale ?
i_hope_you_rot: Why Codename Panzers: Phase One isn't on sale ?
Yeah, had hoped to see the Blitzkrieg Anthologies as well.

Guess I'll finally buy the early Sudden Strike games.
How does Medal of Honor: Pacific Assault compare to MoH: Allied Assault?
IronArcturus: How does Medal of Honor: Pacific Assault compare to MoH: Allied Assault?
IMHO MOH Pacific Assault is a mediocre effort. It's not bad -- and I enjoy the Pacific Theatre setting very much -- but MOH AA is a much more well-crafted and designed experience. Pacific Assault is a fine diversion for the price (I'd certainly purchase it on sale), but IMO doesn't reach the heights of AA. If you're a WWII FPS gamer, I'd certainly buy it. If you're just looking for "great" FPS games, I'd probably pass.

If you're looking for a strong WWII FPS with squad command elements, I would first suggest the Brothers in Arms games. IMO those are exceptional (especially modded).
Post edited February 12, 2020 by kai2
idbeholdME: I would really like to see Medal of Honor: Airborne here.
EA still has (what we might consider) a lot of money they could make here, between pre-Origin games on Steam and other missing classics, but I guess it's chump change to them.
idbeholdME: I would really like to see Medal of Honor: Airborne here.
One of my favorite WWII FPS games -- the animations, gun sounds, aggressive AI. Love it. Played COD WWII a few years back and it felt hollow. Went back and played MOH Airborne (again) and it felt great... even after all these years.

Probably a day 1 sale for me if it was to come here.
kai2: IMHO MOH Pacific Assault is a mediocre effort. It's not bad -- and I enjoy the Pacific Theatre setting very much -- but MOH AA is a much more well-crafted and designed experience. Pacific Assault is a fine diversion for the price (I'd certainly purchase it on sale), but IMO doesn't reach the heights of AA. If you're a WWII FPS gamer, I'd certainly buy it. If you're just looking for "great" FPS games, I'd probably pass.

If you're looking for a strong WWII FPS with squad command elements, I would first suggest the Brothers in Arms games. IMO those are exceptional (especially modded).
Thanks for the info!

So now I have to ask, which is the best Brothers in Arms game?
RWarehall: GoG Sales 2020 Google Doc:
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/10KmoNbiAYJJxUIrjfCD0yc08L0UwTxzPuqbTpWeZCXM/edit?usp=sharing
There are two Hearts of Iron III.
And missing Close Combat: Modern Tactics, but it isn't discounted at the moment.
Please add Combat Mission: Barbarossa to Berlin and Combat Mission: Afrika Korps to the sale . Also the two Hidden & Dangerous games .
Post edited February 12, 2020 by i_hope_you_rot