It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

It’s time to expand the borders of your kingdom and become a powerful ruler.

This Midweek Sale on GOG.COM is dedicated to captivating games where you strive to build your own empire. Get games like Port Royale 4 (-25%), CivCity: Rome (-70%), Valhalla Hills (-90%), and more before this sale ends on 24th July 2021, at 1 PM UTC.

Share our love for games? Subscribe to our newsletter for news, releases, and exclusive discounts. Visit the “Privacy & settings” section of your GOG account to join now!
Interesting sale, but why are there games like Pirates, but no Europa Universalis? How does this match the title of the sale? Weird!
Maxvorstadt: How does this match the title of the sale?
Because they said so! ;)
Maybe Civilization V: Complete will be released on GOG before the 22nd-century starts?
high rated
Truth437: Maybe Civilization V: Complete will be released on GOG before the 22nd-century starts?
Hopefully Civilization 1 and 2 will arrive to GOG before that. Though i don't have high hopes on that.
Maxvorstadt: Interesting sale, but why are there games like Pirates, but no Europa Universalis? How does this match the title of the sale? Weird!
You have never wanted to become the King of the Pirates?:P

Well, there is a chance that either Paradox or 2K Games will come to GOG with something new.
FoxySage: Hopefully Civilization 1...
Other than being of historic value, I don't find the original fun to play anymore. At this point, I find its UI so archaic to be a painful experience. Same goes for the original Railroad Tycoon that uses the same game engine.
Post edited July 21, 2021 by Mr.Mumbles
Truth437: Maybe Civilization V: Complete will be released on GOG before the 22nd-century starts?
FoxySage: Hopefully Civilization 1 and 2 will arrive to GOG before that. Though i don't have high hopes on that.
I keep hoping for the first settlers as well.
Mr.Mumbles: Other than being of historic value, I don't find the original fun to play anymore. At this point, I find its UI so archaic to be a painful experience.
Totally disagree. I find Civ I to be more playable because of its top-down perspective. Also its graphical style conveys a sense of humor that was lost in the sequels.
Mr.Mumbles: Other than being of historic value, I don't find the original fun to play anymore. At this point, I find its UI so archaic to be a painful experience.
From today's view it's graphics might look a bit ugly. But a lot of games which have been released during the last few years do look even more ugly. For me Civilization 1 still is one of the most ingenious games which despite of the very limited PC resources of it's time manages to give you a lot of game information and make a complex game mechanics very well playable.
Post edited July 22, 2021 by eiii
How are the Port Royale games?

I've watched a few videos and kinda liked what I saw of combat in 2.

Anyone played the games and have perspective on them?
Mr.Mumbles: Other than being of historic value, I don't find the original fun to play anymore. At this point, I find its UI so archaic to be a painful experience. Same goes for the original Railroad Tycoon that uses the same game engine.
I disagree. I think Civ 2's graphics are timeless. The original might be too old for some, but there are already games on GOG that have more archaic UI than Civilization 1.
FoxySage: Hopefully Civilization 1 and 2 will arrive to GOG before that. Though i don't have high hopes on that.
Dohi64: I keep hoping for the first settlers as well.
I do too.
Post edited July 23, 2021 by FoxySage