It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Dive into fantastic games! The latest Midweek Sale on GOG.COM brings you a mix of exciting titles from various genres accompanied by discounts reaching 80%. Play games like Amazing Cultivation Simulator (-20%), Frozen Cortex (-80%), and Trine 2: Complete Story (-75%) before the sale ends on 6th November 2021, 2 PM UTC.

Share our love for games? Subscribe to our newsletter for news, releases, and exclusive discounts. Visit the “Privacy & settings” section of your GOG account to join now!
Orkhepaj: these sales are so constant and then they give 52+ pages... + no price/discount ordering , who looks throu them anyway?
For example me .
joppo: https://www.shamusyoung.com/twentysidedtale/?p=1282
Shamus Young, ex-TheEscapist writer/webcomic'er and creator of the parody comic DM of the Rings (, which then inspired the creation of Darths and Droids)
Thanks! I'm going to have to go through them all now :). "Remember: That which does not kill you was simply not permitted to do so for the purposes of the plot."
Trine soundtracks still coming with a hefty price tag for a 10 year old game, almost as much as the games. Pretty devious to treat them as a release from last year when they're really as old as the game. I picked up the Dead Synchronicity soundtrack for a few cents, about a quarter the price of the game.
Has anyone played Cold Waters?
joppo: https://www.shamusyoung.com/twentysidedtale/?p=1282
Shamus Young, ex-TheEscapist writer/webcomic'er and creator of the parody comic DM of the Rings (, which then inspired the creation of Darths and Droids)
joveian: Thanks! I'm going to have to go through them all now :). "Remember: That which does not kill you was simply not permitted to do so for the purposes of the plot."
Well if you like webcomics that mix humor+RPG then I'd be remiss if I didn't tell you about The Order of the Stick. (Which you might as well know already, but just in case)
It begins silly but soon opens up into one grandiose story full of twists and turns. The art style also improves a lot before long. Do yourself a favor even if you don't like the art and Stick with it. ;-)
Post edited November 05, 2021 by joppo
Swissy88: Stealth Inc. 2: A Game of Clones Deluxe is quite the deal.
$1.69 for 2 games and 2 soundtracks.
albinistic: The question is, does the first one come with the dlc or only base game?
That's the only version gog has available. 'Stealth Bastard' only comes in deluxe edition on gog, so yes 8)
You get the Stealth Bastard Deluxe + Stealth Inc. 2: A Game of Clones (which is basically a deluxe in itself).
It looks like they made the Stealth Inc. 2 'deluxe' just as a bundle edition for both games and all content.

https://i.postimg.cc/B6c30yBD/stealth3.png

MP3 only unfortunately, but about 250kbps VBR for Stealth Inc. 2 and 320kbps CBR for Stealth Bastard.

It does seem to be missing a 7 track EP though.
https://curvedigital.bandcamp.com/album/stealth-bastard-ep
Post edited November 05, 2021 by Swissy88
Added:
• $2.49 • -50% • Oniken: Unstoppable Edition
• $3.99 • -60% • Smugglers V
• $3.99 • -60% • Smugglers V: Invasion
• $4.99 • -50% • Odallus: The Dark Call
• $15.99 • -20% • Nebuchadnezzar
Does Cold Waters have a skirmish mode?
joppo: Well if you like webcomics that mix humor+RPG then I'd be remiss if I didn't tell you about The Order of the Stick.
Thanks, I looked at the first threeish from the link in DM of the Rings and didn't particularly care for them but I'll give them a longer try (at some point, today I need to get something useful done :/).
albinistic: The question is, does the first one come with the dlc or only base game?
Swissy88: That's the only version gog has available. 'Stealth Bastard' only comes in deluxe edition on gog, so yes 8)
You get the Stealth Bastard Deluxe + Stealth Inc. 2: A Game of Clones (which is basically a deluxe in itself).
It looks like they made the Stealth Inc. 2 'deluxe' just as a bundle edition for both games and all content.

MP3 only unfortunately, but about 250kbps VBR for Stealth Inc. 2 and 320kbps CBR for Stealth Bastard.

I see. The description never mentioned anything about the dlc so I was just confused of what the package contained. The one missing track is unfortunate, but at least all of the other tracks are there. Thanks for the extra information on the game! Really appreciate it! :)
IronArcturus: Has anyone played Cold Waters?
Hello IronArcturus!

I am sorry for replying so late regarding the midweek sale including "Cold Waters".

Yes, I have and still am playing "Cold Waters" fairly regularily!

The best summary about the game would be an analogy to the old "Red Storm Rising" (as mentioned in the game card). The campaigns are quite similar to the ones in from old game and the overall simulation is leans a little bit to a somewhat arcadey type. Yes, the submarine and its subsystems are simulated in detail, but the controls are more direct (arcade) with direct WASD steering and diving (although, a mouse interface is available, too).

I rarely play the campaigns, though, because I found them rather "static" and kind of "uneventful".

The game offers 17 scenario missions that are accessible from the get go! Those range from surveillance or seek & destroy missions, to surface ship attacks, missile harbor attacks, to different submarine hunts.
If that counts as "skirmish", than the answer to your second question is yes.

If you want something similar in feel to the movie "Hunt for Red October", then "Cold Waters" gets really close!

My main issues with the game are:

- a little bit to demanding on the system requirements (reduced surface and underwater effects/shaders do wonders on this regard)

- The interface is not scaleable nor can you reposition individual HUD elements. (There is the option to hide and popup individual ones, but some elements need to be toggled and can not be displayed at the same time!)

- Gameplay-wise the biggest problem is with the detection system:
it is totally automated (you have only tiny influence on enhancing the sonar results by guessing the sentry's identification according to the signatures and your catalogue of vessels). No manually "searching" like with the hydrophone or radar in "Silent Hunter II" and "Silent Hunter III"!
=> Your crew is in a severe disadvantage against the AI here, and takes much longer to achieve usable firing solutions, even if the enemy vessels are running noisily (loud) with fast speeds!
=> When the enemy is running slow and silent, you have to get really close, and are easily detected and subsequently attacked by the enemy even if you running super silent!
=> Once you gave away your position by emiting a "ping", firing a torpedeo or missile, or cavitating due to speed-depth-corelation, the enemies are literally raining down fire on you!

The uneven detection system is really biased in favor of the AI. Especially, on submarine hunts it often seems that the enemies detection capabilities are not as limited as yours, and the title giving temperature layers (borders of different water temperatures) in certain water depths appera to not hide you, but only the enemies' signatures!

Unfortunately, this unfair behavior was never addressed nor fixed by the developer.

Despite this major flaw, I still do enjoy my time with "Cold Waters"!

And there is not much else available on GOG.com for modern submarine simulations.
I would like to see "Jane's 688i Hunter Killer" or "Sub Command" released here on GOG.com, as well as "Silent Hunter III Gold" or "Aces of the Deep".

Kind regards,
foxgog

P.S.: One thing that I almost forgot is the reliability of your torpedos. I believe the wired torpedos in particular are little too unreliable with respect to their reallife counterparts--meaning their wires break a bit too frequently or the entire torpedo fails too often for my taste.
Post edited November 06, 2021 by foxgog
foxgog: The best summary about the game would be an analogy to the old "Red Storm Rising" (as mentioned in the game card). The campaigns are quite similar to the ones in from old game and the overall simulation is leans a little bit to a somewhat arcadey type. Yes, the submarine and its subsystems are simulated in detail, but the controls are more direct (arcade) with direct WASD steering and diving (although, a mouse interface is available, too).
Thanks for all the info!
IronArcturus: Does Cold Waters have a skirmish mode?
It also has a mod : https://coldhunter.ru/en/Main
Swissy88: That's the only version gog has available. 'Stealth Bastard' only comes in deluxe edition on gog, so yes 8)

albinistic: I see. The description never mentioned anything about the dlc so I was just confused of what the package contained. The one missing track is unfortunate, but at least all of the other tracks are there. Thanks for the extra information on the game! Really appreciate it! :)
My pleasure, we frogs must stick together.