It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

jjsimp: Anyone have the Slayer's Show No Mercy Album. I recently got a new CD (old one was scratched all to hell), and the vocals I can barely hear. Almost sounds like a bootleg from a concert, but it was purchased from Amazon.
Am I imagining things that my original album I could hear the vocals. I threw away my old CD, so I have no way of comparing it.
CD is labeled as 2004.
Sachys: Vocals very loud on my original vynil
I never heard music in Vynil form, everyone keeps that Vynil sounds better almost like you are hearing the band themselves in your room rather than a recording.

Also Show No Mercy still has not gave Slayer their Slayer sound. Hell Awaits was the first album to give the Slayer sound, and imo its their best classic album ever, better than Reign in Blood.
Elmofongo: But these days as of now I just cannot listen to anyother thrash but Slayer these days, Hell Awaits is their best song.
jjsimp: Anyone have the Slayer's Show No Mercy Album. I recently got a new CD (old one was scratched all to hell), and the vocals I can barely hear. Almost sounds like a bootleg from a concert, but it was purchased from Amazon.
Am I imagining things that my original album I could hear the vocals. I threw away my old CD, so I have no way of comparing it.
CD is labeled as 2004.
edit misread your post thinking "album" meant the vinyl version, sorry.
Post edited September 07, 2013 by F1ach
Elmofongo: I never heard music in Vynil form, everyone keeps that Vynil sounds better almost like you are hearing the band themselves in your room rather than a recording.
On a decent player / high quality vynil then yeah it does sound bloody good - but then your ears arent digital.
I haven't been listening to as much metal as I used to, but I used to dig into the genre quite a bit, usually thrash and some death metal. Of what I've found, the best album I've found is Epidemic of Violence by Demolition Hammer. Still an awe-inspiring listen to this day.
Elmofongo: I never heard music in Vynil form, everyone keeps that Vynil sounds better almost like you are hearing the band themselves in your room rather than a recording.

Also Show No Mercy still has not gave Slayer their Slayer sound. Hell Awaits was the first album to give the Slayer sound, and imo its their best classic album ever, better than Reign in Blood.
Yes they didn't get their sound until later, but Die By the Sword and Black Magic are still great...not to mention a few of the other tracks on the Album.

Vinyl many say sounds better, but you still have to put up with the pops, clicks and other random noise from the record. Not to mention the space requirements, fragility and lack of backup you have with the medium. It's funny that you don't have the same fight for the 8-Track or Cassette Tape. I remember the change from Cassette to CD...I knew I was never going back to Cassette Tape and threw every one I had away. Only a 25-40 tape collection, but still very satisfying.
Post edited September 11, 2013 by jjsimp
DOG FASHION DISCO: as we are the magical band of fools!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7ad2_N5XHck
New single from Black Sabbath

Black Sabbath - God Is Dead?'

Dynamic Range 5, crappy quality

darkplanetar:
I think the newest single is End of the Beggining, from CSI.
darkplanetar:
Stooner: I think the newest single is End of the Beggining, from CSI.
I wonder if the other members of Black Sabbath protected themselves from Sharon Osbourne controlling all their music. It would be a pity to see more of Ozzy changing songs in ten years because he had a spat with the other Black Sabbath members.
Stooner: I think the newest single is End of the Beggining, from CSI.
jjsimp: I wonder if the other members of Black Sabbath protected themselves from Sharon Osbourne controlling all their music. It would be a pity to see more of Ozzy changing songs in ten years because he had a spat with the other Black Sabbath members.
I think Iommi is the owner of everything Black Sabbath related... ;p
Dream Theater: On The Back Of Angels
Enslaved: The Watcher
NIle: Even The Gods Must Die
Something Symphonic
Sirens Cry - Draconian Spectrum

Something Dead
Degradead - For Better Or Worse
Post edited September 15, 2013 by te_lanus
LIVE NOW!

Iron Maiden at Rock in Rio: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mEEcvj6X_h4
Starts at ~5:54:00
Post edited September 23, 2013 by Spinorial
Lingua Mortis Orchestra feat. Rage - Cleansed By Fire
Judas Priest - British Steel (the entire album)