It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Oddeus: Can someone recommend me a good Folk Metal- band? I like Dalriada, Alkonost and Arkona. Stuff like that.
Besides the good ones already mentioned: Wilderun, SuidAkrA, Elvenking, Týr, Wintersun, Borknagar

Also Wardruna, not metal but prime folk nonetheless.
Thanks for all your suggestions. Funny, but I know all these bands and have albums of most of them :) I´ll keep following this thread to not miss some unknown indie band. If you have a personal tip, let me know.
Post edited October 24, 2017 by Oddeus
Living on the 110 - Prophets of Rage.
Spectral Voice - Eroded Corridors of Unbeing
Pardinuz: Besides the good ones already mentioned: Wilderun, Suidakra, Elvenking, Týr, Wintersun, Borknagar

Also Wardruna, not metal but prime folk nonetheless.
I can highly recommend Suidakra - The Arcanum (2000), perfect melodic death metal album with folk influence.

They covered The One Piece Puzzle by Skyclad (turned out awesome).

I could also throw in Ambeon - Fate of a Dreamer (2001), another project of Arjen Anthony Lucassen (Ayreon). It's a strange mix of ambient music with folk details. Astrid (singer) was only 14 at the time of recording but such talent.
Post edited October 25, 2017 by PainOfSalvation
Unleash the Archers - Earth and Ashes
Ne Obliviscaris - Urn
Probably a top 3 album this year.
jaksjff1: Ne Obliviscaris - Urn
Gave this one a spin yesterday. Wish this album had come out 5 years ago, superb musicianship and songwriting, but my tastes have changed so much over the years...
jaksjff1: Ne Obliviscaris - Urn
onarliog: Gave this one a spin yesterday. Wish this album had come out 5 years ago, superb musicianship and songwriting, but my tastes have changed so much over the years...
Seeing them live got me liking them a whole lot more. Some other albums I've liked this year are Iced Earth, Immolation, Havukruunu, Carach Angren, Warbringer, Archspire, Satyricon, Merrimack, Lör, Winds of Leng, & Artificial Brain.
VISIONS OF ATLANTIS - Return To Lemuria

Really like the new song
Not really Metal, but belongs in here eitherway.

It actually happened. In one of the worst times for good music, the torch of Led Zeppelin has finally been passed on to these guys:
Greta Van Fleet - from the fires. The first Led Zeppelin tribute without Led Zeppelin songs - I love it.
The new Judas Priest album is very good.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6QtjdDiMLVg

And they're on tour with Saxon right now, so here's one of their new ones. That's a great show:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qaYK1SoXuQI
My favorite metal is obviously Megadeth, but I've been into death metal for quite some time, and I am in absolute awe over the music of this band called Allegaeon.
pmcollectorboy: My favorite metal is obviously Megadeth,
I keep calling my local radio stations trying to convince them that Megadeth has recorded songs other than "Symphony of Destruction" but they won't listen. :P
Time for some obscure folk metal: ГРАЙ - В объятиях Мары