It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Happy Star Wars Day! In honor of May the 4th, we are offering 75% off some amazing Star Wars games on GOG.COM.

Take part in a breath-taking RPG adventure with Star Wars™: Knights of the Old Republic (-65%) and Star Wars™: Knights of the Old Republic™ II: The Sith Lords™ (-65%). Test your skills and reflexes with action-adventure games such as LEGO Star Wars™: The Complete Saga (-75%) or Star Wars™: The Force Unleashed™ Ultimate Sith Edition (-65%). That’s not all, Star Wars Day sale on GOG.COM includes also strategic games like Star Wars™: Galactic Battlegrounds (-65%) and space simulations such as the classic Star Wars™: X-Wing vs. TIE Fighter (-65%).

This is also a perfect opportunity to complete your favorite game series. With the additional series discounts for selected Star Wars games available on GOG.COM, you can buy more titles and receive even higher discounts! For example, if you buy all the games from the Star Wars™: Jedi Knight series, their discounts will rise from 65% to 75% off. This way you can also complete your Star Wars™: The Force Unleashed™, Star Wars™: Knights of the Old Republic, and the Star Wars™: X-Wing series.

We also have a treat for Star Wars™ Battlefront (Classic, 2004; -50%) and Star Wars™ Battlefront™ II (Classic, 2005; -65%) fans! Not only are these games available with an extra series discount, but from now on, you can also enjoy a multiplayer cross play in the first Battlefront enabling the shared fun between Steam and GOG GALAXY users. All you need to do is launch the game and help shape the future of the galaxy with players all around the world.

Star Wars Day sale on GOG.COM will last until 7th May 2020, 1 PM UTC.
W3irdN3rd: Something similar is going on with the X-Wing/TIE Fighter games. It's not just about quantity either: if I put one X-Wing game and one Force Unleashed game in my shopping cart, I don't get the increased discount.
emter_pl: This is an additional discount when you complete a certain series. It's applicable separately for the Jedi Knight, The Force Unleashed, Knights of the Old Republic, and X-Wing series.
Do you understand that the problem is that this discount is not visible until you add certain games to the cart? And, accordingly, no one knows about it, who does not read the forum (most of users)?
W3irdN3rd: Something similar is going on with the X-Wing/TIE Fighter games. It's not just about quantity either: if I put one X-Wing game and one Force Unleashed game in my shopping cart, I don't get the increased discount.
emter_pl: This is an additional discount when you complete a certain series. It's applicable separately for the Jedi Knight, The Force Unleashed, Knights of the Old Republic, and X-Wing series.
Ah, now I read the fine print. But without the news I wouldn't have known about it at all. So GOGs policy is here:

Let's see if the potential buyers will find our hidden discounts (you only know about them if you read the also well hidden news section). Maybe they get lucky - if not, maybe we still have luck and people still will buy and can expect a surprise.

Interesting marketing approach to be honest. Not a good or efficient one - but still, interesting.
Post edited May 02, 2020 by MarkoH01
Gudadantza: Well, I mean, for example, If the fix in Galactic Battlegrounds is the same as the Steam one or if GOG uses any alternative, or if Knights of the old republic I is more stable and has fixed some graphical issues that I had in the Steam copy. And finally if Alliance runs fine with the 3d acceleration fixed. Although I believe that the Steam version had that problem solved.
That kind of things. If the fixes in those games are more "elegant" or stable or simply different.

Greetings.
I was just asking if you know anything specific about Knights of the Old Republic II being "superior and modernized".

I never had a problem running the GOG version, so a technical fix won't bother me all that much, I am just curious what else they fixed.
Gudadantza: Well, I mean, for example, If the fix in Galactic Battlegrounds is the same as the Steam one or if GOG uses any alternative, or if Knights of the old republic I is more stable and has fixed some graphical issues that I had in the Steam copy. And finally if Alliance runs fine with the 3d acceleration fixed. Although I believe that the Steam version had that problem solved.
That kind of things. If the fixes in those games are more "elegant" or stable or simply different.

Greetings.
neumi5694: I was just asking if you know anything specific about Knights of the Old Republic II being "superior and modernized".

I never had a problem running the GOG version, so a technical fix won't bother me all that much, I am just curious what else they fixed.
Kinghts of the Old Republic II Sith Lord on Steam is he Aspyr patch version if I am not wrong. It added some modernizations:

Widescreen/Native resolution support
Retina and up to 5K resolution support
Controller support
Achievements etc
And the fan made restored content was added as downloadable dlc for mac for use under Steam. And for windows It is dowloadable under the workshop etc

Greetings
Is there any reason to buy Battlefront, when i already have Battlefront II? I'd guess the sequel improves on the original and since these games don't offer a campaign, i ain't missing out on anything right?
Vythonaut: Is there any reason to buy Battlefront, when i already have Battlefront II? I'd guess the sequel improves on the original and since these games don't offer a campaign, i ain't missing out on anything right?
They both have campaigns, though it is just the same gameplay in a series of levels, with AI on both sides.

In Battlefront 1 there are two historical campaigns - Clone Wars and Galactic Civil War.
In Battlefront 2 there is one campaign following the 501st Legion, split into two parts - Republic Missions and Empire Missions.
Post edited May 02, 2020 by Korell
It would be great if Disney re-released the Star Wars: The Phantom Menace tie-in game.
I read Disney broke Batllefront I draw distance with the latest update AND removed 4:3 resolutions from game options! I don't want to play my games stretched when they were made for 4:3 resolutions.
Vythonaut: Is there any reason to buy Battlefront, when i already have Battlefront II? I'd guess the sequel improves on the original and since these games don't offer a campaign, i ain't missing out on anything right?
Korell: They both have campaigns, though it is just the same gameplay in a series of levels, with AI on both sides.
They do? Completely forgot about it; i guess i've been playing the instant action mode (or whatever it's called) more than the campaigns. Thanks!
MarkoH01: Ah, now I read the fine print. But without the news I wouldn't have known about it at all. So GOGs policy is here:

Let's see if the potential buyers will find our hidden discounts (you only know about them if you read the also well hidden news section). Maybe they get lucky - if not, maybe we still have luck and people still will buy and can expect a surprise.

Interesting marketing approach to be honest. Not a good or efficient one - but still, interesting.
hmm, im not sure that policy really has been a secret or hidden unless im misunderstanding of what the issue is.
I seam to remember that it was anounced along time back that whenever you complete a Game series an additional discount will applied
but for new users that information woud not be a wery well known fact or even for just a reminder once in a while
Gog coud do a lot better in that regard.
Post edited May 02, 2020 by Lodium
Lodium: I seam to remember that it was anounced along time back that whenever you complete a Game series an additional discount will applied
but for new users that information woud not be a wery well known fact or even for just a reminder once in a while
SInce this does not apply to every game series it's still nothing you could count on without carefully vetting the news. Or in other words: Why isn't there a single word about this special discount on the game page? It shows "buy series" but it does not show something like "to save additional %".
Post edited May 02, 2020 by MarkoH01
high rated
I am glad most of these quality games were made before Disney bought star wars franchise and took a big dump on it.
SW is an interesting franchise in that the source material is crap but the video games are really good.
Lodium: I seam to remember that it was anounced along time back that whenever you complete a Game series an additional discount will applied
MarkoH01: SInce this does not apply to every game series it's still nothing you could count on without carefully vetting the news. Or in other words: Why isn't there a single word about this special discount on the game page? It shows "buy series" but it does not show something like "to save additional %".
ah, i see
yea i totally agree then
pferreira1983: It would be great if Disney re-released the Star Wars: The Phantom Menace tie-in game.
I agree, that would be nice.