It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

high rated
[This is a sticky post, it will be visible in every single page of this thread. It has been published in October 2020.]

Our moderation team decided not to take a side in the discussion since this giveaway thread was created by the community and, as long as there are no forum rules violated, is up to you, dear Gogers, to decide its fate. We will not set giveaway rules, edit the OP's post, nor lock the whole thread.

However, to make it easier for newcomers to understand the situation (about the OP being inactive and other), I will stick my own post right above the first one.

You are, of course, free to create new threads to start anew and make your own, clear rules. At the same time, please stay reasonable when crating them, as multiple new duplicates might make it even more confusing for many Gogers.

That being said, here you can find a post with dxenija's community poll to have better understanding of the situation: CLICK.

At the time of writing, open giveaway threads are:
- Massive Giveaways Blog (this one)
- Free (temporary) keys giveaway central topic.
- Updated Itch.io giveaways

Be nice to each other *flies away*
Post edited January 15, 2021 by ponczo_
_Slaugh_: Snip:
I don't know what it's like for iOS device games, because I don't have one, so they don't interest me, but I do have an android device, so even if I were only to satisfy my curiosity, I still have a reason to check out these games, which means I now have to ask you a question(s).

Why is it that of the games you listed, supposedly only temporarily available for free, at least half of them are permanently, not just temporarily available for free?

Why do I get the feeling that your post should be regarded more as spam than actually pointing out interesting games only available for free for a limited time?

Why is it that at least 66% of the games you point out already at first glance clearly look like rubbish/lesser games that hardly anyone would normally be interested in?

Why is it that whenever you point out mobile games in your posts, at least a few of them appear almost every time in these posts?
high rated
_Slaugh_: Snip:
Drakon135790: .
I don't know what it's like for iOS device games, because I don't have one, so they don't interest me, but I do have an android device, so even if I were only to satisfy my curiosity, I still have a reason to check out these games, which means I now have to ask you a question(s).

Why is it that of the games you listed, supposedly only temporarily available for free, at least half of them are permanently, not just temporarily available for free?

Why do I get the feeling that your post should be regarded more as spam than actually pointing out interesting games only available for free for a limited time?

Why is it that at least 66% of the games you point out already at first glance clearly look like rubbish/lesser games that hardly anyone would normally be interested in?

Why is it that whenever you point out mobile games in your posts, at least a few of them appear almost every time in these posts?
I've checked all the Android games and none of them are permanently free. Several have both F2P versions and paid versions, which you'll see if you check the developers' games lists thoroughly.

Many of them are being given away regularly by the developers. Possibly to spread awareness of their games, and thus increasing sales. If you want to know exactly why, you have to ask the developers.

As to why a lot of them looks like "lesser games", as you put it; they're mobile games, enough said.

Anyway, this isn't the place to discuss this. You can take it here:
https://www.gog.com/forum/general/a_place_to_discuss_giveaways_epic_steam_ubisoft_and_all

If you are offended by these once-a-month posts listing many free games at once, then you're way too easily offended.

If you're just looking for something to rage about, please take it elsewhere.
Drakon135790: Why do I get the feeling that your post should be regarded more as spam than actually pointing out interesting games only available for free for a limited time?
I think from the positive scores that Slaugh always gets that most people are happy with his posts. I'm not sure why you have decided to become a self-appointed micro-mod here, but I'm beginning to think that your opinions do not reflect those of the majority of people here.
high rated
Epic Games:

Death Stranding: Standard Edition - Link

From legendary game creator Hideo Kojima
As Sam Bridges, your mission is to deliver hope to humanity by connecting the last survivors of a decimated America
Open world, some say it is a walking simulator
Give it a try. You be the judge of this GOTY

Features single player only.

Other ongoing giveaways:
Fall Guys Base Game - Snowberry Exclusive
Honkai Impact 3rd
Chimeraland
PUBG BATTLEGROUNDS - Founders DLC Pack

Next time: Mystery Game Tomorrow

Edited: Originally was Director's Cut but after an hour, it was changed to standard edition
Post edited December 25, 2022 by drxenija
high rated
Drakon135790: snip
DangerPlankton: snip
Cats and fellows, I know that ever since the rep system is hidden, it's very easy to blurt whatever comes on top of our heads. Just a friendly reminder for all of us to focus on the main purpose of this thread, which is to inform the community about massive giveaways.

If you have feedback for posts, you are welcome to pm the poster directly in a constructive manner.
And likewise for discussion can be posted in a new thread without mentions to "giveaway" or store link.

With that said, may everyone get tons of gifts and warmth today!
Good health and love!
Personally, a cup of hot cocoa hits the spot for me.
Cuddle with your cat or your pet and treat it well but don't let it get fat :)
Happy Holidays everyone!
Post edited December 25, 2022 by drxenija
drxenija: Personally, a cup of hot cocoa hits the spot for me.
MMmmmmm, cocoa. /homersimpson
drxenija: Epic Games:

Death Stranding: Director's Cut Edition - Link
For me it's says unavailable on Epic games, is it only me?

Edit
And now has a price of 23.99 euro.
Post edited December 25, 2022 by philipp_chris

philipp_chris: For me it's says unavailable on Epic games, is it only me?

Edit
Same here, shifting between “unavailable” and 40% off. Probably bugging at this moment?

Edit
Makotolia: Same here, shifting between “unavailable” and 40% off. Probably bugging at this moment?
Many people say that Epic changed the giveaway from Director's Cut to standard version.
I managed to get it (maybe) throughout the Epic Platform, looks like it's in my library but in the store page it's says unavailable or has a price or says "get" it...time will tell.

Edit
The base game is now free instead.
https://store.epicgames.com/p/death-stranding

Claimed the DC just in time but also grabbed the base game just in case. Now both versions are sitting in my library.
Wonder if Epic will let us keep both versions lol
drxenija: snip
I know your intentions are good, (and many thanks for the cocoa :) ), but again can we please leave the moderating for the actual moderators.
high rated
drxenija: snip
DangerPlankton: I know your intentions are good, (and many thanks for the cocoa :) ), but again can we please leave the moderating for the actual moderators.
If I was a mod, I would delete all the posts that are rage or flaming posts and irrelevant to freebies.
Just a friendly reminder to all to not derail the thread and to use PM for feedback
It's more constructive and keeps the threads clean. Take it as you will
Personally, I follow this thread for giveaway info, not rants and arguments.
Anyway, back on topic:

Edit
FlavioV: The base game is now free instead.
https://store.epicgames.com/p/death-stranding

Claimed the DC just in time but also grabbed the base game just in case. Now both versions are sitting in my library.
Wonder if Epic will let us keep both versions lol
Thanks. Updated. Epic Games seem to have pulled the switcheroo on us!
Congratulations to all who claimed the Director's Cut edition before it was downgraded!
drxenija: If I was a mod, I would ...
I didn't say you were a mod, just pointed out that your comment was unnecessary (as the points had been made and people moved on) and had been simply another example of people wanting to moderate other peoples comments.

I know I'm now being guilty of this too with this comment, but it is getting annoying (I imagine not just to me) when people keep telling others why they shouldn't post something specific (especially when the post is actually sharing free games) and continuing an argument that did not need to be continued (especially when it wasn't even their argument to begin with) in the guise of "ending it and moving on" (and so actually making the situation worse).

Also a comment like:
drxenija: it's very easy to blurt whatever comes on top of our heads
as a response to something you didn't check the history of is somewhat unkind do you not think?

drxenija: Updated. Epic Games seem to have pulled the switcheroo on us!
There are some threads on Reddit now showing screenshots form Epic support saying that the DC version should be the free one and they are looking into it. Let's hope.
Post edited December 25, 2022 by DangerPlankton
high rated
Immortal Darkness - Curse of the Pale King free on its official site : http://immortaldarkness.com/