It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

high rated
Wurzelkraft: Magog was unable to identify the following "owned" games:
- vanishing of ethan carter 1 dlc the
- witcher 3 wild hunt the

Pasted it here because your website told me to. ;)
I assume it doesn't work because the games aren't released yet(?)
Thank you very much. Fixed. Did not change the MaGog version number.

- "Vanishing" wasn't identified because for some reason it does not include the words "special edition" (as it does in the catalogue and the wishlist).
- "Witcher 3" wasn't identified because (more understandably) it does not include the word "preorder" (as it does in the catalogue and the wishlist).

You have helped improve MaGog, which entitles you to three (3) cookies. Enjoy.
high rated
QUICK ANNOUNCEMENT:

- I am disabling MaGog's automatic database update for a while, until I rewrite significant portions of it to handle the new GOG page format. I hope to make the necessary updates in two weeks' time (as this weekend I am on holiday).
- This means that the game information on MaGog will be frozen in time to the state it was a few hours ago. New games, new sales and new information will not be reflected in it.
- Also note that the "Get From GOG" feature will display some comic error messages due to GOG's menu changes (these messages I may be able to fix in a day or two). Nevertheless, it seems to work OK.
- Everything else should work as normal.
Post edited August 27, 2014 by mrkgnao
mrkgnao: QUICK ANNOUNCEMENT:
- I am disabling MaGog's automatic database update for a while, until I rewrite significant portions of it to handle the new GOG page format. I hope to make the necessary updates in two weeks' time (as this weekend I am on holiday).
- This means that the game information on MaGog will be frozen in time to the state it was a few hours ago. New games, new sales and new information will not be reflected in it.
- Also note that the "Get From GOG" feature will display some comic error messages due to GOG's menu changes (these messages I may be able to fix in a day or two). Nevertheless, it seems to work OK.
Seems resonable.
Hopefully GOG will fix\add something in the meantime.
Good holiday : )
Don't ruin you holidays thinking about all the work you'll have to do once you get back :P
high rated
ANNOUNCEMENT:
Version 2.5.4 has been released with the following features:

* Temporarily disabled MaGog's daily database updates until I rewrite large portions of its code to handle the new GOG look (hopefully, no more than a couple of weeks)
Note: Until I do, MaGog's information will remain frozen in time, reflecting GOG's state as it was shortly before the change (Wed, Aug 27 2014, 12:07:25 GMT).

* Made minor changes to the "Get From GOG" feature to minimise the number of spurious warnings produced as a result of the new GOG look
Note: Until I finish the rewrite, expect the feature to be unable to identify new games, as well as a dozen or so games whose name GOG has changed as part of the new look.
Just realised that I didn't thank you for persisting with the rewrite, MaGog is a valuable addition to our arsenal of enhancing our experience on GOG.

Cheers!!
HypersomniacLive: Just realised that I didn't thank you for persisting with the rewrite, MaGog is a valuable addition to our arsenal of enhancing our experience on GOG.

Cheers!!
Much appreciated.

I am aiming for a release of the "new" MaGog (no new features, just the ability to handle (and stomach) the new GOG formats, and the restoration of the bi-daily database updates) on Sunday, life permitting.
mrkgnao: Much appreciated.

I am aiming for a release of the "new" MaGog (no new features, just the ability to handle (and stomach) the new GOG formats, and the restoration of the bi-daily database updates) on Sunday, life permitting.
XD, amen.

And WOW, so soon already, cheers again!
HypersomniacLive: Just realised that I didn't thank you for persisting with the rewrite, MaGog is a valuable addition to our arsenal of enhancing our experience on GOG.

Cheers!!
mrkgnao: Much appreciated.

Life... Always getting in the way!
high rated
ANNOUNCEMENT:
Version 3.0.0 has been released with the following features:

* Rewrote large portions of the code that harvests data from GOG to have it handle the new GOG formats
* Reenabled MaGog's daily database updates
Awesome! Our search engine is back!
+1
mrkgnao: ANNOUNCEMENT:

* Rewrote large portions of the code that harvests data from GOG to have it handle the new GOG formats
Great, thanks!

How did you solve the regional pricing issue in the end?
+1 and thanks for all your work on this!
high rated
mrkgnao: ANNOUNCEMENT:

Shambhala: Great, thanks!

How did you solve the regional pricing issue in the end?
Not yet. Just got everything that was there before to work again.
Now to add new features. Long list, including automatically identifying regional pricing.

With Wurzelkraft's help, I believe I know how to do it. Basically all I need to do is to get the GOG catalogue twice, once without cookies (defaults to US-USD) and once with, say, a DE-USD cookie and compare the prices. If they are different, it's regionally-priced. The question remains for how many different countries to I need to do it? GB-USD, RU-USD, DE-USD, AU-USD? I'll experiment and find a reasonable compromise of coverage vs. time. I'll also need to see how to do it in Perl, but I already read about it a bit.

A couple of smaller features planned first, then regional pricing.
mrkgnao: The question remains for how many different countries to I need to do it? GB-USD, RU-USD, DE-USD, AU-USD? I'll experiment and find a reasonable compromise of coverage vs. time. I'll also need to see how to do it in Perl, but I already read about it a bit.
I suppose you have already seen this? IAmSinistar has tried a few games with all the different regions which may help to see which regional zones should be checked. For testing purposes it would be interesting to see if any of those prices changed based on one's IP location.
Post edited September 06, 2014 by Gydion