It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Thanks for sharing the method. I foolishly thought you've been slowly purchasing more games and adding the version numbers to your website manually, to help the general public. Hahaha.

Now I must wait until the next GOG sale. A DRM-free version is on sale now at humblebundle.com, but I don't know whether it has the newest patch. And the parent company of Humble Bundle is probably more evil than the parent company of GOG.
high rated
See here:
https://www.gog.com/forum/general/some_thoughts_about_the_future_of_magog
The search for "Styx: Master of Shadows" fails because it is missing from the MaGog database.

EDIT:
"Of Orcs And Men" is also missing
Post edited October 01, 2020 by Drakon1590
high rated
Drakon1590: The search for "Styx: Master of Shadows" fails because it is missing from the MaGog database.

EDIT:
"Of Orcs And Men" is also missing
Quoting from this thread's opening post:
"MaGog is currently in Legacy Mode. In this mode, she ignores games added to GOG in the last year or so (a sliding window, updated once a month), while fully monitoring games added to GOG before that. The reason for this is GOG's decision to add games with in-game purchasing (i.e. Gwent) to its catalogue. If and when GOG removes Gwent, or does something equally monumental (e.g. begin selling DRM games, or single-player games with in-game purchasing), MaGog will return to her full-blown regular mode."

Both games you mention were added to GOG in January 2020, so will appear on MaGog around January 2021.
mrkgnao: Both games you mention were added to GOG in January 2020, so will appear on MaGog around January 2021.
OK, thanks, I understand.
high rated
Well, it's been a hard night over here, at MaGog's house.

She had heard the sad news that GOG and Galaxy are now completely separate, and she couldn't stop crying her eyes out. They were such a nice couple, weren't they? Who would have thought that they, of all people, would separate? And the nerve on that GOG and that language he used! I mean, how dare he call Galaxy "just a client", after all she's sacrificed for him? I ask you, if she's his client, then what does it make him? Right? No wonder that Galaxy stormed off in a huff. How can you blame her? Who would want to live with such a hypocrite?

But this has put MaGog in quite a pickle. Her best friend, Galaxy, is gone and she's now stuck here with that GOG fellow. And she doesn't like it one bit. No, siree, Bob.

Well, she asked around, and it turns out that Galaxy, being Galaxy, has gone off into deep space, well beyond the Milky Way, and MaGog --- naturally missing her --- decided to go after her, to comfort her and see what she can do about this new situation. Long story short, I have bought MaGog a ticket on a cargo spaceship (called the "Nostromo") due to depart from Earth on New Year's Day (1/1/21). She said she'll be back, but what with this new "No Faster Than Light" law, and all the other travel restrictions, I wouldn't hold my breath.

If you have stored any information on MaGog, you now have almost three months to back it up before it's gone where no search engine has gone before. The recommended way to do that is to create a MaGog query with all the information you want kept (e.g. My Date, My Price, My Tags, My Notes, etc.) about all the games you want (e.g. owned, wishlisted, etc.), in whatever order you want, then under options change the output format from "HTML" to "JSON". Run the query and save the output to a text file (with a .json extension). What you do with it afterwards is up to you, but many programs nowadays accept JSON as an input.

Good luck and don't hesitate to contact me here if you need any assistance.
Post edited October 03, 2020 by mrkgnao
Eh, it was only a matter of time, I knew Magog's days were numbered. RIP
Anyway, thanks for the warning.
Post edited October 04, 2020 by phaolo
high rated
mrkgnao: She had heard the sad news that GOG and Galaxy are now completely separate, and she couldn't stop crying her eyes out. They were such a nice couple, weren't they? Who would have thought that they, of all people, would separate? And the nerve on that GOG and that language he used! I mean, how dare he call Galaxy "just a client", after all she's sacrificed for him? I ask you, if she's his client, then what does it make him? Right? No wonder that Galaxy stormed off in a huff. How can you blame her? Who would want to live with such a hypocrite?
Well hold on just a minute there. You haven't heard the whole story then. Did you know Galaxy suddenly decided to tell GOG she's polygamous? That he's not enough any more and that she wants to experience life in the company of multiple storefronts? I mean really, can we blame GOG for throwing a fit?

Thanks for all your hard work - I think we all understand where you're coming from.
high rated
mrkgnao: She had heard the sad news that GOG and Galaxy are now completely separate, and she couldn't stop crying her eyes out. They were such a nice couple, weren't they? Who would have thought that they, of all people, would separate? And the nerve on that GOG and that language he used! I mean, how dare he call Galaxy "just a client", after all she's sacrificed for him? I ask you, if she's his client, then what does it make him? Right? No wonder that Galaxy stormed off in a huff. How can you blame her? Who would want to live with such a hypocrite?
WinterSnowfall: Well hold on just a minute there. You haven't heard the whole story then. Did you know Galaxy suddenly decided to tell GOG she's polygamous? That he's not enough any more and that she wants to experience life in the company of multiple storefronts? I mean really, can we blame GOG for throwing a fit?

Thanks for all your hard work - I think we all understand where you're coming from.
Thanks. It's always a pleasure to read your posts. Even on the most inflamed threads, you are the voice of reason.

phaolo: Eh, it was only a matter of time, I knew Magog's days were numbered. RIP
Anyway, thanks for the warning.
Yep. By my estimates, I have spent at the very least 5,000 hours working on MaGog, possibly as much as 10,000 hours. It was fun while it lasted, but enough is enough.
Post edited October 04, 2020 by mrkgnao
mrkgnao: Yep. By my estimates, I have spent at the very least 5,000 hours working on MaGog, possibly as much as 10,000 hours. It was fun while it lasted, but enough is enough.
For me Magog was kinda in a coma since Legacy Mode, but in the past it proved quite useful.
It surely was an impressive one-man project, congrats.

I'm frankly still unsure about the latest news.. I want to believe that Gog won't just lose itself completely in the future (not yet).. but time will tell.
Post edited October 04, 2020 by phaolo
high rated
With the direction GOG's been taking, I guess it was inevitable, and sooner rather than later... Even if the change to Legacy Mode, from the hard date of Gwent's release to roughly a year back, seemed like keeping MaGOG useful was starting to outweigh making a statement at the time.

Thank you for all the hard work. You (and she) will be sorely missed.
high rated
Cavalary: With the direction GOG's been taking, I guess it was inevitable, and sooner rather than later... Even if the change to Legacy Mode, from the hard date of Gwent's release to roughly a year back, seemed like keeping MaGOG useful was starting to outweigh making a statement at the time.

Thank you for all the hard work. You (and she) will be sorely missed.
Thanks.
I've found MaGog incredibly helpful and will be sad to see it go.

Thank you for your hard work. Thank you also for providing warning and giving us the opportunity to download the underlying data.
high rated
Ahh, so sorry to see it go. It was the only way to properly filter and search GOG's catalog. I'm sad that most of the old guard are slowly abandoning GOG while GOG is making deals with epic to sell Epic games. What's next I wonder? Steam keys instead of DRM free installers? I still have a large wishlist but a less and less inclination to buy stuff. Maybe I should give up gaming altogether, it's going in a different direction from my tastes anyway. With Pillars of Eternity and co I had some hope, but now with MS buying up the remaining independent quality studios, I think old-school gaming is dead and will be replaced by microtransaction ridden grindfests.
high rated
Well, it was bound to happen eventually, wasn't it? That GOG guy seemed to lose his way a long time ago, and his future doesn't bode well in any way. I decided to cut most of my ties with him and now I'm only visiting from time to time, with a very real chance of never coming back depending on how the recent rumors unfold.

Farewell MaGog, it was a pleasure working with you for a couple of years. Little Helper sends his regards. ;)