It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

high rated
* Added filtering by and display of a note for games for which the Steam ratings displayed by MaGog are outdated
--- Note: This is because Steam has recently implemented a new age-check facility for "mature" games, one which MaGog is unable to avoid, fulfil or bypass.
--- Note: If you know of a way to allow "young" MaGog to access age-restricted pages on Steam without having a Steam account, do let me know (cookies no longer seem to work).

* Added the inadvertently missing "steam rating" fields to the JSON output

* Removed the warning that the import feature might not function properly on the Safari browser, as I have now tested it on an iPhone and it appears to work just fine

* Changed the order bonuses are listed in – from GOG's seemingly random order to alphabetical – so as to avoid the "noise" generated by GOG's apparent insistence on shuffling the order every other day
high rated
* To celebrate the new year, moved the cutoff date for ignoring new GOG games in "legacy mode" from 17 June 2017 to 1 January 2018, thereby adding 205 games and DLCs to MaGog
--- Note: Games and DLCs that include in-game purchases are still ignored by MaGog, regardless of their GOG addition date.

* Added support for game titles beginning with a symbol (e.g. >)

* Added "Mac OS X 10.12.6 or newer" to the list of searchable operating systems
mrkgnao: * To celebrate the new year, moved the cutoff date for ignoring new GOG games in "legacy mode" from 17 June 2017 to 1 January 2018, thereby adding 205 games and DLCs to MaGog
--- Note: Games and DLCs that include in-game purchases are still ignored by MaGog, regardless of their GOG addition date.
Now that's big news!
(Other than Gwent, which are those btw?)
high rated
mrkgnao: * To celebrate the new year, moved the cutoff date for ignoring new GOG games in "legacy mode" from 17 June 2017 to 1 January 2018, thereby adding 205 games and DLCs to MaGog
Cavalary: Now that's big news!
(Other than Gwent, which are those btw?)
Only Gwent and its DLCs, some already removed.
high rated
mrkgnao: * To celebrate the new year, moved the cutoff date for ignoring new GOG games in "legacy mode" from 17 June 2017 to 1 January 2018, thereby adding 205 games and DLCs to MaGog [...]
*joins celebration*

Wonderful news. May 2019 hold many reasons for you to celebrate!
high rated
* Artificially defined the recently-gifted "Video Game Show - The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt concert" as a DLC of "Witcher 3: Wild Hunt - Game of the Year Edition, The [Premium]" to allow MaGog to monitor its downloadable files
high rated
* Added filtering by and display of "Popular Achievements" information
--- Note: Unlike GOG, MaGog lists each game's achievements in a descending order of their percentages.
high rated
* Added the ability to compare game prices in two regions (under the "Price" filter)
--- Note: This will allow you, should you wish, to find curiosities in GOG's regional pricing scheme (e.g. games that cost more in Russia than in Germany, to give just one example of many).
--- Note: If you want to compare a region to the "base" price, just use "Most of the World (PK)" for the latter.
high rated
* Found a semi-manual way of outwitting Steam's new age-check scheme (see here), so for the time being there are no longer any outdated Steam ratings

* On the other hand, added a note that Gogmixopedia entries are no longer being updated, as GOG seems in no rush to revive GOG mixes

* Fixed a bug in the filtering of games with titles beginning with a digit or symbol, introduced here
high rated
As you may remember, back in September, MaGog's update runs began taking much longer (10 hours instead of 2.5 hours), for reasons that are still unclear. This lasted for about three weeks.

Well, the issue seems to be more or less back again. For the last couple of days, update runs have been taking 4-5 hours, instead of the normal 2-2.5 hours. I have contacted GOG to see whether they can assist me with this.

Meanwhile, I'm not changing anything, as the slower runs still fit (barely) within MaGog's six-hour schedule, though it leaves me almost no time for maintenance operations. If this persists, I'll consider moving to an eight- or twelve-hour schedule instead.
high rated
Is there a way to run a search for games that were flat priced and changed to regional pricing at some point? For example, back in mid Nov 2018, Ubisoft introduced regional pricing to all their games, as reported here (end of post) by muntdefems.

I've fiddled a bit with the filters, trying different combinations, but nothing worked; couldn't get the list no matter what I tried. Am I doing it wrong (very much possible) or isn't it possible with the existing filters?
high rated
HypersomniacLive: Is there a way to run a search for games that were flat priced and changed to regional pricing at some point? For example, back in mid Nov 2018, Ubisoft introduced regional pricing to all their games, as reported here (end of post) by muntdefems.

I've fiddled a bit with the filters, trying different combinations, but nothing worked; couldn't get the list no matter what I tried. Am I doing it wrong (very much possible) or isn't it possible with the existing filters?
No. It's not possible. And it's not a question of filters; it's simply that the data is not there. MaGog does not keep a history of regional prices, only of the base price.

P.S. If you have a specific question, it might be possible to answer it by writing a program that scans MaGog's historical logs (the ones she generates on her update runs, every six hours). I keep them all (currently upwards of 21 GB of text), just in case.

P.P.S. BTW, the case you point to in the link above is not one of changing from flat to regional. It's from regional in a few countries to regional in a lot of countries. Ubisoft games have been regional for years now.
Post edited February 04, 2019 by mrkgnao
HypersomniacLive: Is there a way to run a search for games that were flat priced and changed to regional pricing at some point? For example, back in mid Nov 2018, Ubisoft introduced regional pricing to all their games, as reported here (end of post) by muntdefems.

For one, any game added to catalog before August 27, 2014 that now has regional pricing, with the exception of AoW3 (there was also D:OS, but the original was removed, replaced with the EE), since that's when some 25 titles which were in catalog, so flat priced, since till then just those 2 had been added with regional pricing, were switched to regional. And then the floodgates opened.
high rated
* Added filtering by, sorting by and display of Metacritic scores

* Added "Mac OS X 10.13.6 or newer" to the list of searchable operating systems

* Added one more option to the ability to compare game prices in two regions: "costs more or less than, but not the same as"
high rated
mrkgnao: No. It's not possible. And it's not a question of filters; it's simply that the data is not there. MaGog does not keep a history of regional prices, only of the base price.

P.S. If you have a specific question, it might be possible to answer it by writing a program that scans MaGog's historical logs (the ones she generates on her update runs, every six hours). I keep them all (currently upwards of 21 GB of text), just in case. [...]
Fist off, sorry for the very belated reply.

Thanks for the offer, but my interest is more about being able to look up when and how things change.
Curious, since you keep all of her historical logs (i.e. the data I'd like to see are stored albeit in a non directly usable form), may I ask why they're not made available for look ups through additional/special filters?

mrkgnao: [...] P.P.S. BTW, the case you point to in the link above is not one of changing from flat to regional. It's from regional in a few countries to regional in a lot of countries. Ubisoft games have been regional for years now.
I'm aware that Ubisoft release all their games regionally priced post the introduction of regional pricing here. The reason I mentioned it is that I recall their early catalogue (i.e. released before mid 2014) being flat priced (or at least with only discounted prices for the usual regions?) until recently.

Cavalary: For one, any game added to catalog before August 27, 2014 that now has regional pricing, with the exception of AoW3 (there was also D:OS, but the original was removed, replaced with the EE), since that's when some 25 titles which were in catalog, so flat priced, since till then just those 2 had been added with regional pricing, were switched to regional. And then the floodgates opened.
Hmm.. that's not always particularly helpful for what I had in mind, but thanks.